Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360102 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 6:07am On Jul 10, 2019
Tohajan:
Hello everyone. Pls. I have a question

While filling the DS-160, under the education history, do I have to fill in my secondary school details or that of the higher institution suffices?
Higher institution
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adenosine01(m): 6:15am On Jul 10, 2019
Oyjulia:
My Approved transcript
Lagos consulate
9th of July 2019
7:45am
Going for my Masters in public health at Grand valley state university
Bsc in Biochemistry
No funding
23k deficit

Wore a white shirt and black pants incase you saw me say hi �

Interview proper:
Window 1 an advance white man maybe in his 50s denied the first woman going to see her children I was next na so I take excuse go toilet go pee� came back he was still dishing out denails�
Good morning sir
Vo: Didn’t reply (I wasn’t bothered)

Vo: when did you finish I school?
Me: 2011/2012

Vo: When this you finish your first degree?
Me: 2017

Vo: what did you study?
Me: Biochemistry

What have you been doing after that?
Me: went for Nysc in 2018 then rounded up in 2019

Vo: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My mom

What does she do?
Me- I answered him

What does your dad do?
Me-I answered

How many sibling
Me- I answered

Where does your sister work?
Me-I answered

Did you take any test?
Me- yes GRE

What abt toefl?
Me-Told him it was waived

What was your score?
Me-303

Why didn’t you get a scholarship?
Me-I tried but I wasn’t given but I was promised graduate assistantship

What’s your family income?
Me- I answered

What is your job description?
Me- I work as laboratory scientist with Bleep hospital. Benin

What are your plans after graduation?
Me- my uncle owns an hospital I intend to work with him after my studies.

Vo: He gave me the white slip no documents asked��

I have come to return all the glory to God and this forum really helped me a lot. Thanks to shawarma who helped me review my proposed transcript��
I told God I would post my transcript here. I have to return all the glory to him.

Congrat!

Pls, wanna ask you something. You can reach me on WhatsApp (08063471545).

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by merciee: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2019
My first time here o, Visa denied today. I feel so sick

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 8:15am On Jul 10, 2019
Oyjulia:
My Approved transcript
Lagos consulate
9th of July 2019
Bsc in Biochemistry
No funding
23k deficit

Interview proper:
Window 1 an advance white man maybe in his 50s denied the first woman going to see her children I was next na so I take excuse go toilet go pee� came back he was still dishing out denails�
Good morning sir

What does she do?
Me- I answered him

What does your dad do?
Me-I answered

How many sibling
Me- I answered

Me-I answered

Did you take any test?
Me- yes GRE

What abt toefl?

What was your score?
Me-303

Me- I answered

I have come to return all the glory to God and this forum really helped me a lot. Thanks to shawarma who helped me review my proposed transcript��
I told God I would post my transcript here. I have to return all the glory to him.
Congrats

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 8:18am On Jul 10, 2019
TheZed:
Higher institution

Thanks.
Congrats once again, man. Wish you success in your journey.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2019
merciee:

Sorry to hear about your denial. Breath, just breath, you'd be fine.

When you're a bit calmer, you can drop your transcript (how the interview went) and your profile, so gurus in the house can help you analyse what might have gone wrong

Stay positive

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 8:36am On Jul 10, 2019
merciee:
I am really sorry you had to go through that, would you like to talk about it please, like the questions you were asked and your responses please.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 10, 2019
TheZed:

Congrats bro. I knew you'd get it. wink wink

merciee:
My first time here o. I feel so sick

So sorry. Would you mind dropping how your transcript/conversation went so you can be guided on a few things and note the corrections

Oyjulia:
Congrats

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by merciee: 8:56am On Jul 10, 2019
sharwama:

I am really sorry you had to go through that, would you like to talk about it please, like the questions you were asked and your responses please.

Interview was very short
Me: Good morning
Vo: where are you going?
Me: I’m going to Saginaw Valley State University to pursue my MBA with Conc. in health care administration
Vo: how did you hear about the school
Me: one of the managers in the organization who is an alumni told me about it and then I did research online.... cuts in
Vo: why MBA
Me: currently I work as a business development/ customer service officer in bleep pharmaceutical company, I’m looking to take up the role of product manager as I have been recommended.... cuts in
Vo: product manager?? Shouldn’t you be doing science..... did you take any test
Me: Yes GMAT
Vo: score?
Me: 515
Vo: out of 800? When did you graduate?
Me: August 2014
Vo: did you apply to other schools?
Me: yes, Monmouth uni, abertay uni Scotland and SVSU
Vo: where you admitted?
Me : yes
Vo: so why this school
Me: this sch..... vo cuts in sorry.....

Now, I saw this thread late, I discovered so many things too late. I used an agent who told me to just choose one school bla bla bla

Bachelors: Biochemistry
Okay, gurus pls come to my aid... shawarma pls come fast

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KingStefan(m): 9:07am On Jul 10, 2019
And people will say there's a thing against MPH.
Congratulations.
Oyjulia:
My Approved transcript
Lagos consulate
9th of July 2019
Bsc in Biochemistry
No funding
23k deficit

Interview proper:
Good morning sir

What does she do?
Me- I answered him

What does your dad do?
Me-I answered

How many sibling
Me- I answered

Me-I answered

Did you take any test?
Me- yes GRE

What abt toefl?

What was your score?
Me-303

Me- I answered

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gloryemo(f): 9:07am On Jul 10, 2019
Sorry about the denial...better days ahead.

Have never heard of your school before. Agents can be so surprising cry

merciee:

Interview was very short
Me: I’m going to Saginaw Valley State University to pursue my MBA with Conc. in health care administration
Me: one of the managers in the organization who is an alumni told me about it and then I did research online.... cuts in
Me: currently I work as a business development/ customer service officer in bleep pharmaceutical company, I’m looking to take up the role of product manager as I have been recommended.... cuts in

Now, I saw this thread late, I discovered so many things too late. I used an agent who told me to just choose one school bla bla bla

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 9:31am On Jul 10, 2019
Tohajan:

Thanks.
Congrats once again, man. Wish you success in your journey.
Thanks Bro. And you too in your coming interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by merciee: 9:33am On Jul 10, 2019
Gloryemo:
Sorry about the denial...better days ahead.

Have never heard of your school before. Agents can be so surprising cry

Me sef ooo, I was shocked when I heard it ooo, but I already paid, I saw this thread late
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by merciee: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2019
Please gurus come to my aid ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnolukolade(m): 9:52am On Jul 10, 2019
merciee:

Me sef ooo, I was shocked when I heard it ooo, but I already paid, I saw this thread late

Nothing else could be wrong than the school and the agent. I want to believe he filled the Ds-160 form for you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2019
merciee:

The school is actually not that bad
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnolukolade(m): 10:01am On Jul 10, 2019
Davidkking:
Very bad for an MBA with zero funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gloryemo(f): 10:02am On Jul 10, 2019
I don't even know anything about the school... Its my first time of hearing about it.... I just marvel at how agents can fish out schools from anywhere... undecided

Davidkking:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 10:02am On Jul 10, 2019
merciee:

Interview was very short

First if all, it is sharwama and not shawarma grin grin grin
Forgive yourself for all that has happened, you know better now.
Okay, we really need to talk. Do you really want an MBA or you just want to study in obodo Trump? What are your career goals? With a B.Sc in Biochemistry, there's so much more that you can be, so much more that you can do. Send a message whenever you are ready, my PA will attend to you grin

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by merciee: 10:02am On Jul 10, 2019
Johnolukolade:

Nothing else could be wrong than the school and the agent. I want to believe he filled the Ds-160 form for you.

I filled myself
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by merciee: 10:04am On Jul 10, 2019
sharwama:

Okay, we really need to talk. Do you really want an MBA or you just want to study in obodo Trump? What are your career goals? With a B.Sc in Biochemistry, there's so much more that you can be, so much more that you can do. Send a message whenever you are ready, my PA will attend to you grin
I’m ready, how do I send a message sef.... I’m sorry I don’t really know how to use nairaland.... meanwhile can I say everything here, I heard vi’s read this thread....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 10:06am On Jul 10, 2019
Gloryemo:
I don't even know anything about the school... Its my first time of hearing about it.... I just marvel at how agents can fish out schools from anywhere... undecided

Don't understand estimate them ooo.....they can fish out school from anywhere.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Porpor: 10:09am On Jul 10, 2019
Davidkking:

Don't understand estimate them ooo.....they can fish out school from anywhere.
Give it to them for their research prowess.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Porpor: 10:12am On Jul 10, 2019
sharwama:

Your own must be made in Nigeria. The one made in the US is Shawarmagringringrin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by merciee: 10:20am On Jul 10, 2019
sharwama:

Pls send me a message if you can, I need to share vital info with you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by royalway001: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2019
Please help me scrutinize my proposed transcript, I welcome all types of criticism..

V. O - why are you going to US
Ans - Im going to US for my masters in engineering technology concentration in construction management at the University of Oklahoma.

VO - How did you find out about the school.
Ans - I did extensive research using google.com and Usnews.com to streamline my search to my area of interest.
V. O - How many schools did you apply to and name them?
Ans - 5 schools, Stevens institute of technology, Illinois institute of technology, Kent state university, North Dakota State University and Uni of Oklahoma.
V. O-How many admits
Ans- All admits
V. O - Why Univ of Oklahoma?
Ans - I chose the school because I was awarded GRA position which comes with full tuition waiver and stipend, Secondly, I will be oppurtuned to work as a research assistant to Dr ******* whose current research is on ******** which matches my research area of interest.

V. O- How did you qualify for this scholarship?

Ans- The admission committee were impressed with my academic profile and professional experience

V. O-What will u be doing as a GRA?

Ans - will be working with Dr Bigelow on sustainability in construction my duties include, Collecting and analysing Data, conduct interview questions and perform clerical duties when needed.

V. O -Why this course?
Ans - This course will help me attain the minimum requirements needed to work as a project manager at my current place of work where i will supervise and direct workers, ensure budget allocated for projects ar not exceeded and building built is correlation with safety codes.

VO- What have you been doing since then?
Ans- I went for my youth service program and i have been working as a quantity surveyor, my duties include taking off, valuation and preparation of BOQ

V. O - what's your plan after the program?
Ans- I would come back to Nigeria to work as a project manager at my current place of work where i will direct and supervise workers and ensure efficiency.

VO - Why do you wanna work as a Project Manager?

Ans-Working as a project manager has always been my professional ambition and it comes with more responsibilities and numerous opportunities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:26am On Jul 10, 2019
KingStefan:
And people will say there's a thing against MPH.
Congratulations.

who are the they ?............ cheesy

There are loads of Nigerians with MPH degrees

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 10:29am On Jul 10, 2019
TheZed:
Thanks Bro. And you too in your coming interview.

My pleasure. Aameen. Thanks a bunch
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 10:48am On Jul 10, 2019
Porpor:
Your own must be made in Nigeria. The one made in the US is Shawarmagringringrin
When I was creating this account, I made a mistake in the spelling and I have grown to accept it. You people should accept it too and address me properly grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 10:52am On Jul 10, 2019
Oyjulia:
My Approved transcript
Lagos consulate
9th of July 2019
Bsc in Biochemistry
No funding
23k deficit

Interview proper:
Good morning sir

What does she do?
Me- I answered him

What does your dad do?
Me-I answered

How many sibling
Me- I answered

Me-I answered

Did you take any test?
Me- yes GRE

What abt toefl?

What was your score?
Me-303

Me- I answered

Congratulations dearie, I am really happy for you. I wish you all the good things life has to offer grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 10:58am On Jul 10, 2019
merciee:

Pls send me a message if you can, I need to share vital info with you
You have access now, welcome to me grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 11:36am On Jul 10, 2019
royalway001:
Please help me scrutinize my proposed transcript, I welcome all types of criticism..

HELP!!

V. O - why are you going to US
Ans - Im going to US for my masters in engineering technology concentration in construction management at the University of Oklahoma.

VO - How did you find out about the school.
Ans - I did extensive research using google.com and Usnews.com to streamline my search to my area of interest.
V. O - How many schools did you apply to and name them?
Ans - 5 schools, Stevens institute of technology, Illinois institute of technology, Kent state university, North Dakota State University and Uni of Oklahoma.
V. O-How many admits
Ans- All admits
V. O - Why Univ of Oklahoma?
Ans - I chose the school for 3 reasons, Firstly, I was awarded GRA position which comes with full tuition waiver and stipend, Secondly, I will be oppurtuned to work as a research assistant to Dr ******* whose current research is on ******** which matches my research area of interest, Thirdly ( still finding, give me ideas please )

V. O- How did you qualify for this scholarship?

Ans- (Still looking for a good answer)

V. O-What will u be doing as a GRA?

Ans - will be working with Dr Bigelow on sustainability in construction my duties include, Collecting and analysing Data, conduct interview questions and perform clerical duties when needed. (need better duties here)

V. O -Why this course?
Ans - This course will help me attain the minimum requirements needed to work as a project manager at my current place of work where i will supervise and direct workers, ensure budget allocated for projects ar not exceeded and building built is correlation with safety codes.

VO- What have you been doing since then?
Ans- I went for my youth service program and i have been working as a quantity surveyor, my duties include taking off, valuation and preparation of BOQ

V. O - what's your plan after the program?
Ans- I would come back to Nigeria to work as a project manager at my current place of work where i will direct and supervise workers and ensure efficiency. (not sure)

VO - Why do you wanna work as a Project Manager?

Ans-Working as a project manager has always been my professional ambition and it comes with more responsibilities, more pay and numerous opportunities.(not sure, need help)

Please help me, give me technical answers and ideas

Please help my life gurus.

I really want to help you but you are not yet ready to be helped my friend grin
Obviously your transcript isn't fully ready for constructive criticism, you probably need someone to spoonfeed you with appropriate responses that can mesmerize the VO. You chose the easy way grin grin grin
Regrettably, I can't do that for you because you are in the best position to. However, I can share this with you.
Everything you need is on this thread, I promise you. If you dedicate just two hours to intensively read visa transcripts(approved and denied), your transcript will improve by fire by force today today grin
Nobody can tell your story better than you, do your homework, come up with responses for ALL the possible questions and then you can ask for help.
You have so many uncertainties ("not sures" ) in your transcript and that's not a good vibe. You need to believe in yourself, stop doubting yourself. Without confidence, a good transcript is NOTHING.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.