Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356004 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2019
juliouze:

Edumare bless your hustle brother
Amen bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
solihp:
Abuja embassy
Date: July 18th, 2019
Priority: Previously refused on June 19th at the Lagos Consulate
GRE : 314 (161Q, 153V, 3.0AW)
Undergraduate: Statistics
CGPA: 4.07/5.00, 3.47/4.00 unofficial WES evaluation, but if the last 60credits CGPA are calculated, it is about 3.79/4.00
Total cost of attendance for 12months:about $48.9k
Tuition waiver and stipends :$40k
Deficit: $8754
Sponsor: Uncle
Visa Approved by the white man at window 9. There was a white woman standing behind him, but she left during the interview

Me: Good morning sir (he was still talking to the lady)
Me: Good morning sir (still talking)

VO: Pass me your passport
I passed my documents

VO: Why are you going to Georgia State University
Me: I am going for my Masters in Mathematics with concentration in Biostatistics

VO: That is a strange combination; Mathematics and Biostatistics
Me: The Department at Georgia State University is the Department of Mathematics and Statistics

VO: Good, that makes sense, so you're a Statistician
Me: Yes

VO: How many other schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 6 other schools

VO: Mention them
Me: George Washington University, American University, Villanova University, Bowling Green State University, Michigan Technological University, and University of Iowa

VO: How did you get this scholarship
Me: During my application process, I indicated that I was interested in being considered for a graduate assistantship position, I submitted my high GRE scores, my impressive transcripts, I wrote a statement of purpose, uploaded my resume, also, I submitted three letters of recommendations from my lecturers, also, the graduate director, Dr. Xx scheduled me for a Skype interview, I believe the admission committee were impressed with my overall profile and my performance during the skype interview

VO: he said something about University of Iowa, didn't hear him properly
Me: The program at University of Iowa is Masters in Statistics not Biostatistics

VO: Three colleges offer Statistics in University of Iowa
Me: ooh yes, I applied to the one in College of Arts and science (I said somewhere that I was rejected by University of Iowa but admitted in the remaining school)

VO: I actually graduated from University of Iowa but from the Statistics program offered by the College of Education
Me: oooh waoh, that is really nice, (smiling)

VO: I would be approving your Visa, the program at University of Iowa is actually nice, I wish you were going there, have a nice study in GSU, he said something about the visa pick up and resuming not earlier than 30days of the program start date
Me: I smiled, thank you sir and have a wonderful day grin grin grin

Ps: anytime he looked at me, I smiled cheesy grin grin

No document asked except passport and i20

I have two more posts incoming grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
I've been waiting weeks for this, as one of our GRE masters I'm very happy for you.. Congratulations!!!!!!!! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 9:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
solihp:
Abuja embassy
Date: July 18th, 2019
Priority: Previously refused on June 19th at the Lagos Consulate
GRE : 314 (161Q, 153V, 3.0AW)
Undergraduate: Statistics
CGPA: 4.07/5.00, 3.47/4.00 unofficial WES evaluation, but if the last 60credits CGPA are calculated, it is about 3.79/4.00
Total cost of attendance for 12months:about $48.9k
Tuition waiver and stipends :$40k
Deficit: $8754
Sponsor: Uncle
Visa Approved by the white man at window 9. There was a white woman standing behind him, but she left during the interview

Me: Good morning sir (he was still talking to the lady)
Me: Good morning sir (still talking)

VO: Pass me your passport
I passed my documents

VO: Why are you going to Georgia State University
Me: I am going for my Masters in Mathematics with concentration in Biostatistics

VO: That is a strange combination; Mathematics and Biostatistics
Me: The Department at Georgia State University is the Department of Mathematics and Statistics

VO: Good, that makes sense, so you're a Statistician
Me: Yes

VO: How many other schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 6 other schools

VO: Mention them
Me: George Washington University, American University, Villanova University, Bowling Green State University, Michigan Technological University, and University of Iowa

VO: How did you get this scholarship
Me: During my application process, I indicated that I was interested in being considered for a graduate assistantship position, I submitted my high GRE scores, my impressive transcripts, I wrote a statement of purpose, uploaded my resume, also, I submitted three letters of recommendations from my lecturers, also, the graduate director, Dr. Xx scheduled me for a Skype interview, I believe the admission committee were impressed with my overall profile and my performance during the skype interview

VO: he said something about University of Iowa, didn't hear him properly
Me: The program at University of Iowa is Masters in Statistics not Biostatistics

VO: Three colleges offer Statistics in University of Iowa
Me: ooh yes, I applied to the one in College of Arts and science (I said somewhere that I was rejected by University of Iowa but admitted in the remaining school)

VO: I actually graduated from University of Iowa but from the Statistics program offered by the College of Education
Me: oooh waoh, that is really nice, (smiling)

VO: I would be approving your Visa, the program at University of Iowa is actually nice, I wish you were going there, have a nice study in GSU, he said something about the visa pick up and resuming not earlier than 30days of the program start date
Me: I smiled, thank you sir and have a wonderful day grin grin grin

Ps: anytime he looked at me, I smiled cheesy grin grin

No document asked except passport and i20

I have two more posts incoming grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Ahhh solihp Congratulations!!!!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2019
user4321:

I've been waiting weeks for this, as one of our GRE masters I'm very happy for you.. Congratulations!!!!!!!! grin grin

Ahn ahn, don't whine me na, what's my score beside yours cry cry cry or you think I didn't see what you scored when you shared your experience abi. Congrats on your outstanding performance, good schools with plenty full funding fall on you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
Thank you everyone, couldn't reply to everyone's post so I don't derail the thread. Thanks once again

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
TheZed:
Appreciation Post

I want to take this time out to appreciate everyone that have contributed to my journey so far. Firstly, I’d like to exalt the King of all Kings for his infinite love over my life.

Glitteringstar—I really hope this beautiful soul is reading this presently or sometimes in the future. I have never met her neither have we spoken on phone before. However, She did contributed to my GRE payment in 2017. That GRE gave me admission, funding and consequently visa to finally achieve my dreams. Ma’am, I tried to reach out to you after my visa was approved but the email address you used to contact me is no more active.
Also, I want to appreciate those that used Walspring to subsidize GRE fee around that time too. I benefited from that benevolent gesture.

Happyday—The resume and SOP I used was all due to your kind assistance—He was readily available to make corrections and contributions even with his tight schedule.

Lastly, A big thank you to Oluwaseun Osewa for creating this wonderful repository of information—nairaland. I really don’t know how the trajectory of my life would have been if I haven’t come across nairaland, this thread and the beautiful souls that have graced it.

There are so many others on and off this thread both home and abroad that was of immense help in so many ways. I want you all to know that I’m eternally grateful. I pray this very moment for you all, whatever your heart desires, God will grant them to you.

Kind Regards,
A grateful heart
... I'm using this post as a source of connect to an helper here, really in a tight corner right now, financial wise. Someone should please assist me in paying my application fees for WSU.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omoobaadeNGR: 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hello house, Please I need someone who could buy cryptocurrency in exchange for naira. I need to pay my interview/application fee and not liquid in naira to make the payment until next week.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ayodejiheph: 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
Justabama:
Visa finally issued after 45 days of being placed on AP... No funding. 294 Gre scores and so many errors on my Ds160...

I would advise those out there to go all out and try it again, I was denied December 2018, March 2019 and approved June 2019, 3 interviews in the space of 6months( first 2 in lagos and last one in Abuja) and I got it the 3rd time... I remember the day I was first denied in lagos , I walked from Walter Carrington to Constain and I didn't even know where I was, I travelled same day all night cos I had to be at work the following day, it was a cold sad journey form lagos to Ondo state... I stopped believing in my dreams of studying in the US, i didn't even prepare for the last interview at all,my beards was unshaved, I wore a top that isn't good enough to wear to work on a good day and I honestly prepared myself to get the "am sorry you don't qualify" message from the VO, but nonetheless I prayed and I hoped..

Today it AP changed to Issued, after 45 days of tension, I have checked and checked a thousand times and today God did it. I appreciate everyone on this platform and I think we are really going a good job here, God bless everyone and for all those still on AP. Don't worry, your status will change soon... Off to Minnesota,

@justabama so happy for you...

Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
omoobaadeNGR:
Hello house, Please I need someone who could buy cryptocurrency in exchange for naira. I need to pay my interview/application fee and not liquid in naira to make the payment until next week.

send a pm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omoobaadeNGR: 11:06pm On Jul 19, 2019
Time2win:

send a pm
Done
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmd(f): 12:02am On Jul 20, 2019
Congratulations @tohajan, justabama, soliph, oasishavenng, and others, may the crooked ways be made straight as you start this new journey.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nahum777(m): 1:48am On Jul 20, 2019
Maryam3:

Try again. There are earlier dates in August
Earliest date is September..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paroh(f): 2:12am On Jul 20, 2019
Please Nairalanders don't ignore me. I couldn't make it last year because I couldn't pay for my SAT and this year too is looking bleak. Can someone please help me pay for my SAT or at least part of it?

Please help me take this major step in fulfilling my dreams.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gokoyer0(m): 4:44am On Jul 20, 2019
Hi house,

Is there any one that is kind enough to suggest some Universities in US that can accept a very low GRE scores to pursue MSc program? I just want some suggestions. The applicant(cousin) has 3 degrees though.

Thanks in anticipation for your response.

Modified: He got the admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 5:11am On Jul 20, 2019
tmd:
Congratulations @tohajan, justabama, soliph, oasishavenng, and others, may the crooked ways be made straight as you start this new journey.
Aameen. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 5:17am On Jul 20, 2019
Good day everyone.

So I learnt some kinda food items might not be allowed on flight. Basically, I intend taking the following along:

-Rice
-Beans
-Garri
-Yam flour
-Palm oil
-Groundnut oil

Please, is there any of these which can't be allowed on flight?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 20, 2019
THANKS AYO, u gave me a huge boost then, ill like to connect with you again, kindly check your inbox

ayodejiheph:

@justabama so happy for you...

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 20, 2019
thanks a lot , don worry, just relax and it will be issued soon... its a technical issue with the embasy and theres nothing we can do to hasten the process,,,, just start checking for flight... your testimony is already at your door step

AROBIM94:
Congratulations, I have been following your story. I am so happy for you, Thank God. Your story has given me hope, been on AP for 3 weeks now but I know one day very soon I will be issued my visa. Congrants once again, this is huge!!!!!!!1

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 20, 2019
Thanks your highness, actually I learnt a lot from you, Thank you for your many lessons...

LagosismyHome:

Wow 45 days is not easy ooo. Well done to you. Nice one . Now you can have a sweet sleep this night cheesy and start counting down

Congrats May God bless your new journey

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 20, 2019
yeah bro.. am sure you'll be updated soon and we can finally laugh about our several worries when we were on AP, Thanks a lot Man

Delaztyx:
CONGRATS TO YOU JUSTABAMA.....It was worth the wait. Mine will be 30days by tomorrow. Remember I told you to be hopeful....Go enjoy trump Land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 20, 2019
Thanks Man

Oasishavenng:

Wow.
Congratulations. Enjoy Trump land
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 20, 2019
thanks Man

learner007:

Welcome to midwest...congrats!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by judithstars: 5:34am On Jul 20, 2019
Hello guys, please i need help. I was recently denied and i need an early appointment date for my 2nd attempt. The emergency request got denied. Please help, school resumes on the 15th of August. cry cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:52am On Jul 20, 2019
Tohajan:
Good day everyone.

So I learnt some kinda food items might not be allowed on flight. Basically, I intend taking the following along:

-Rice
-Beans
-Garri
-Yam flour
-Palm oil
-Groundnut oil

I would only take things that are difficult to find and I would miss. Groundout oil is not one of them . It is sold in almost every grocery shop. Remove that from the list, also although palm oil is not sold everywhere what if it pours and stains everywhere. I wouldn't travel with any oil . Even rice for me , it's sold everywhere. It might not be the type you are used to but u can get use to a new type.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 6:01am On Jul 20, 2019
The last post I promised, long post alert grin cheesy grin cheesy

Things that might have helped me during this admission process

During my application process, there were somethings I wished I knew while reading previous transcripts of others and that is why I have decided to be as detailed as possible in my profile so it could be of help to those going for Spring and fall 2020 and beyond that.

I graduated in November 2018 and I decided to apply for my Masters in December, that was extremely late you might say considering the fact that GRE is almost always required for my proposed course of study, but one thing that helped was that I had been following both the GRE and this thread for months before I graduated, but don't be like me if you could help it, prepare far ahead.

So I had to register to write my GRE exam in the first week of February, prepared for less than two months combined with researching the schools I wanted to apply to.

The most important thing is to know yourself, Statistics is my background and I have always loved Mathematics so it made the preparation process abit easier. But I would suggest you prepare for at least 3 months.

Because I wanted to write GRE in February, I was limited to schools that had their priority deadlines around January 31, February 1 and 15 and March.

So I will give some points that helped me and explain them:

Get in contact with the graduate coordinator/director even before you apply: I can't emphasise this enough, before I submitted my application, I emailed all the graduate directors, told them my profile and that I was going to write GRE in February and asked if I could still meet up to be considered for graduate assistantship, I went ahead with some of the schools that replied me. This helped so much that I had a feeling two schools already decided to admit me and were only waiting for my GRE scores, immediately I finished my GRE exam, I reported my unofficial scores to them via email, my official scores got to them on February 18th which was past 6 out of the 7 schools' priority deadline. I got my first admission few days later and another one few weeks later. Unsurprisingly, they were from the two schools I kept in contact with their graduate directors (GD) the most.

Please follow-up on your application: Sometimes, you wonder why you haven't heard from some schools months after you submitted your application. So I had a particular school that I didn't hear anything from around 1 month after my official GRE score got to them, i emailed the director. Guess what he told me?, he said it was indicated that something was missing on my application even when it says completed on the application portal, he told me he would help me check what was missing the next day.

When he checked, he realised there was nothing actually missing, he reviewed my application and sent my admission letter with funding that same week. So what if I didn't draw his attention to my application? Please follow up biko.

You can ask for more funding: When I was admitted into GSU, I was given full tuition waiver and 5k stipends, I got in contact with graduate students in the school and I was told there was no way the 5k stipends would sustain my living expenses. I was even more motivated when I saw on grad cafe that someone admitted few days before me, a masters student but different concentration in my department was offered 10k.

I wrote a fanimorous(don't mind the incorrect English) to the GD, telling her how the school was my top choice, how I am grateful to be admitted and offered scholarship but that I needed my stipends to be increased.

It wasn't easy o, I had to send plenty plenty reminders, she told me the highest they could offer me was 5k, I sent more emails. Later she told me, okay wait till after April 15th, if some people reject their offers, we can offer you more.

After April 15th, I sent her another email, then ending of the month, they finally said they can increase the stipends to 10k and sometime in May, I got the updated admission letter. I am sure when the GD sees me in August, she would be like, so this is Solihp that almost finished me with emails, lol. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Look at how she said she couldn't offer more but later told me to be patient, persistency paid off. Of course, it won't always work, American University that I fell in love with their curriculum, cost of attendance was around 64k and I was offered partial tuition waiver and stipends worth 19k, I sent email to the GD, he told me point blank the award is a merit based scholarship and that was the highest they give people, Washington DC living cost that was expensive, I just waka pass jare. So it won't always work but there's no harm in trying, just be polite about it.

Communication is key: Communicate with the schools you're applying to, for instance 5 out of 7 of the schools I applied to automatically waived English Proficiency test for me since Nigeria is an English speaking Country. For the remaining 2, I sent a letter from the registrar's office of my undergraduate school stating that my degree was taught solely in English Language and the compulsory requirement was waived for me.

Always remember that the admission committee tends to look at your overall profile, so try to work on things that can enhance your profile, write GRE, write TOEFL too if you have the means, write nice statement of purpose. For undergraduate, don't give up on yourself quickly, some schools assess your GPAs for the last two years of your study, so please finish strong.

In summary, prepare ahead, write those standardised tests, it would help your chance of being admitted, keep in contact with the GDs, etc. I wish you all the best. Here is my finalised offers in details.

American University (admitted into both Biostatistics and Statistics programs with 19k scholarship)

George Washington University: (admitted into both Biostatistics and Statistics programs, no funding)

Villanova University: ( Admitted into Applied Statistics program, no funding)

Michigan Technological University : ( Admitted into Statistics, Mathematical Science, and Data science programs, no funding)

Bowling Green State University : (I was admitted into their Applied Statistics program in February ending and funding didn't come until first week in June, full tuition waiver and stipends worth 13k)

University of Iowa: Waitlisted then rejected

Georgia State University: (Admitted into Biostatistics with full tuition waiver and stipends worth 40k)

Fall 2019, yes we made it

I was intentionally explicit about everything, this is my own way of giving back to the thread and I hope it would help someone in the future. All the best grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 20, 2019
please I need advice on flights from Lagos to New York, I have been using skyscanner and student universe and so aft av seen 309k to New York through Ethiopian Airlines, my friend I the US however said it isn't a good idea considering the safety... please what are your views?.....and if you have any other recommendation cos am very cost effective

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by texrem(m): 6:13am On Jul 20, 2019
Wretch32:
The Indians someone talked about in my quote above, they are resourceful because they network and work together, same thing other Asians
But Nigerians?? Nahh our case is different

I’ve decided to rest my case and take the advice of others here... it will remain a dream and tbh I can do just fine on my own

However, as soon as I’m settled in school I will like to change the trend and mentor two people from this thread (intending applicants)

In 2017 I messaged lagosiamyhome by sending her a direct message through this platform
Told her my study plans, Infact I was already expecting I-20 from the school then
We exchanged a few emails that would swing my decision eventually and today I’ve reaped the rewards . She may not remember but I’m eternally grateful for the impact those 2 back and forth emails we sent each other has on me today
I turned down my admission and went back to dig deep and prepare better

That person I was in 2017 could be anybody here right now reading this!!
I want to be part of a success story and I want to mentor someone as much as I’m needed

This is a challenge to the rest of you? How many have you mentored and how many are you willing to mentor, it’s not easy to come here and scrutinize transcript true and that itself is a selfless service but for those who are capable, don’t shy from mentoring others not just academically but career wise
Like a wise man once said “ a little empathy goes a long way”
Let’s try to make the our worlds a better place by helping each other and guiding each other rightly and selflessly

I rest my case...

So are you saying Nigerians don't Network or help? However, I wont discourage you from networking with Indians and others. Yes, that's good. I am at the position i am today through connecting with Nigerians that are good. There are bad ones too tho and bad ones are more than good ones. You can't survive in the US without Networking. You will work alone and die alone. More so, the Indians they're telling you about care about themselves too. Some are good and others are bad. It's everywhere. For example, i had an interview with 8 people panel (Two Indians). I was notified about the position by one Indian recruiter. Now get this, I was drilled by just the Indians and asking questions out of the job description. Later, i'd find out that the job was given to their fellow Indian. I messed up by relating the interview questions to the recruiter (Indian). I guess they sent in their person after mastering the questions i was asked and got the job. Don't get me wrong, Indians are smart and some are not smart. I like this Indians because they get fellow Indians to the top IT jobs in the US. However, I didn't get to where i am today with the help of Indians or whoever you may think off. I got here through networking with great Nigerians with awesome mindset that keeps pushing you to get to the zenith with them. The same minds that provided the same help and information you're getting on this platform are the same that can help you get to wherever if you choose to align with them closely. I can't recollect 100's of people i have connected and so on. Nigerians in the US are crazy, No doubt. Still the same mindset of i don't want you to get to my level. I met a guy here on NL that we were both denied same day almost 4yrs ago just got a job that pay's him $140000/yr. He called me and told me what to do asap to build my profile for the skill-sets required for the position because they need more people. what do you say about this wonderful Nigerian? Word of advice: Choose your network carefully! There's an adage that says birds of the same feather flock together and a goat that walks with a dog will eat a dog's poo. Choose wisely!

Addressing Shawarma and Lagosismyhome! I have no preference! You guys are doing a wonderful job here! Lagosismyhome abeg no vex! I understand where you're coming from and sharwama you too No vex. Case closed.

All 2019 hopefuls keep your head high up and get the Visa. American dream is worth it if you want it. Live and let live!

Texrem!!!!

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgogoroDegree: 6:28am On Jul 20, 2019
I'm Happy 4 you guys,
Seeing u guys moving on ............

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by texrem(m): 6:33am On Jul 20, 2019
Justabama:
please I need advice on flights from Lagos to New York, I have been using skyscanner and student universe and so aft av seen 309k to New York through Ethiopian Airlines, my friend I the US however said it isn't a good idea considering the safety... please what are your views?.....and if you have any other recommendation cos am very cost effective

use cheapfareguru.com

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Best201195(m): 6:55am On Jul 20, 2019
Melcapital:
Thanks to You all.

I should have posted this a long time ago.
Visa approval
Transcript:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Where are you going to
Me: I am going to the Uni of Alabama to obtain a PhD in Physics
VO: What will the degree do for you
Me: I want to be a lecturer( before the interview, I had a beautifully structured essay for this after a series of mock with my bro. Unfortunately I forgot everything.
VO: what other schools did you apply to?
Me: Uni of North Dakota, Alabama A and M Uni, Uni of Louisiana, Lafayette
VO: you didn’t get an assistanship?
Me: No. According to my PI and the department head, my research will be funded by Alabama Space grant Consortium, starting from my second semester.The paperwork will be finalized upon my resumption.
VO: who will then sponsor you before you get that funding?
Me: My dad
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a retired civil servant.

He asked for his bank statement. He checked through and returned it.
He was typing very fast all through the conversation.
Then, he dropped my passport in the tray, I was so happy. Then he looked at my I-20 again and said: the signature on your I-20 is not legible.
I won’t be able to complete the process. So he started typing again, maybe he was reversing the approval. Then he returned my passport and my I-20.
VO: you will tell your school’s DSO to send a signed I-20.
So he gave me a white paper with ‘USA consular......’ as heading and wrote signed I-20 required.
He told me to drop the signed I-20, my passport, and the white paper at a dropbox facility and they would get to him.

I got the new I-20, did as I was told and the visa was ready after four days.

Thank you everyone.
I bless the day I joined this thread.
God bless!

Congrats. Did you submit the old I-20 too or just the new one ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 7:01am On Jul 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I would only take things that are difficult to find and I would miss. Groundout oil is not one of them . It is sold in almost every grocery shop. Remove that from the list, also although palm oil is not sold everywhere what if it pours and stains everywhere. I wouldn't travel with any oil . Even rice for me , it's sold everywhere. It might not be the type you are used to but u can get use to a new type.

Alright. Thanks ma'am
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oasishavenng: 7:14am On Jul 20, 2019
Tohajan:
Good day everyone.

-Rice
-Beans
-Garri
-Yam flour
-Palm oil
-Groundnut oil

Add Ata gigun, if you cook alot you can add stock fish too. Chicken based food are not allowed so you should avoid taking them

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.