Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360906 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by victree007(m): 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2019
hustla:

7 to 10 days
LOOOL If I hear
I just spoke with a driving school operator and he said the price as at 3 months ago was 15k. He isn't sure if there is any change in amount.
About the duration, he said it's 7 days.
So I think @DBELLEs is correct

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wanderlust18: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
Oooooooo, I LOVE THIS! I’m still trying to get my own processing in order, will reach out for guidance as I progress. Hope to return with my testimony also!
I’m here for my approval, not pressure! Puhleazee, keep it��

sharwama:

It's what VO's do, it's what they are good at. But what they'd never tell you is; in Nigeria(where applications are so numerous) VOs are equally under pressure to make the right call, I mean they have to make a very important decision in few minutes by relying on information provided and their highly groomed sense of judgement. It's not easy for them either.
Yet, I was coached to bounce back the pressure, give it right back to the VO with 100% confidence, I need visa, not pressure, so puhleeze keep it grin grin grin
At the end of the day, when you go back there, please remember, BLACK don't CRACK and you my friend, are black grin grin grin
May the force be with you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hustla(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
victree007:

I just spoke with a driving school operator and he said the price as at 3 months ago was 15k. He isn't sure if there is any change in amount.

smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DBELLEs(f): 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
I didn't bother responding to his childish comment. The information I gave was what my contact at FRSC Zone 7, Abuja told me.

It can go for 11k but the waiting time. Some VIO officers might collect 5 to 7k o ,it is at your own risk.

The driving school operator is also correct.

victree007:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vullia: 5:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
Hello,been trying to get a date in lagos consulate for spring 2020 for previously denied its been showing no available date at the moment but there are dates abuja does it mean I can't get a date in Lagos this year anymore ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
Vullia:
Hello,been trying to get a date in lagos consulate for spring 2020 for previously denied its been showing no available date at the moment but there are dates abuja does it mean I can't get a date in Lagos this year anymore ?

Spring 2020? It's too early to apply for Visa interview for Spring 2020 now. It's obvious you were denied because you applied too early.

Apply around October/November.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
TWoods:

Lol I’m now a married man! cheesy
Congratulations!, no more goat herding.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
DBELLEs:

The last part got me laughing really hard cheesy cheesy

I will try again or even defer. Let me recover from this morning's shock first.

Thanks so much once again.

Congratulations and my regards to Mrs Twoods.

Thank you and all the best in your pursuit!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2019
Predstan:

Yes its different. Just visit the nearest Vio office. I think it's only 7k in naira. But as a Nigerian, you should understand the Nigerian ways of getting things done ASAp.

The Nigerian way of getting things done... little wonder you’re all desperate to get out of that same Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bellz000: 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
twittycutey:
I have been a silent follower of this thread.
VISA TRANSCRIPT
School: Austin Peay State University
Course: Masters in Biology
Assistantship: $19200
Deficit:$8K
Time: 7.30am
V.O: Pass me your i2o
Why did you choose this school?
Me: Apart from the fact that I was offered graduate assistantship which covers my full tuition with monthly stipends, it offers a perfect combination of my core interest in anatomy, cell and molecular biology and genetics
V.O: who is paying the rest of the deficit?
Me: My aunt
V.O: Have you traveled out before?
Me: No, I have never had the need to until now
V.O : Are you married?
Me: No
V.O: What are your future plans?
Me: I would love to work as a research scientist in a biomedical research institute such as the IHVN here in Abuja, Nigeria Institute of Medical Research so I can use the knowledge gotten from this degree on ongoing research that will enhance our capability to mitigate viral infections in Nigeria.
V.O: I will be approving your visa ( I became partially deaf after that)
Prepare well and pray as if you didn't prepare cos I was so stunned because of how short my interview was really.
Thanks to everyone on this group , Lagosismyhome, time 2win,sharwama for her wonderful posts, slamcole (I got to know this guy from nairaland and he has really been a friend indeed even though i have not met him before. God bless you dear) and nelem for guiding me through my ds160, visa appointment.
See you all in Trumpland! grin grin
Hi, am in Austin Austin peay, I came last year, check your mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2019
TWoods:

The Nigerian way of getting things done... little wonder you’re all desperate to get out of that same Nigeria.

It's so cute you understand the Nigerian Ways of doing things which explains where you came from. It's just better you go back to your home country to correct that ways. What's more patriotic than correcting this.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by doziej84: 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2019
Sammy1210:
Hello, anyone going to Houston this fall?

I am....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2019
Thanks
DBELLEs:

Go to the office of FRSC. It cost less than 15k and should be ready in 7 to 10days.

Please, avoid VIO in this matter. It isn't their job and if it found out that the international driver's license is fake while in the US you might not get away with it easily.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wretch32: 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2019
Thanks
Predstan:

Yes its different. Just visit the nearest Vio office. I think it's only 7k in naira. But as a Nigerian, you should understand the Nigerian ways of getting things done ASAp.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vullia: 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2019
ProYouWebsiteUK:

Spring 2020? It's too early to apply for Visa interview for Spring 2020 now. It's obvious you were denied because you applied too early.

Apply around October/November.

I just got a date for jan 6 in Lagos school resumes jan13 hope there won't be any issue .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
Vullia:

I just got a date for jan 6 in Lagos school resumes jan13 hope there won't be any issue .

Dates will open up. just be on the look out and reschedule.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vullia: 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2019
Time2win:

Dates will open up. just be on the look out and reschedule.

OK ,thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pstfrancis(m): 6:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
pstfrancis:
Guys i got admit into MBS in KECK GRADUATE INSTITUTE with a scholarship of 15,000 US Dollars and another admit into MTU no funding for MBA. Guys please your advice is needed as to which to chose between the 2 schools.

Thanks all

Guys i need your input on this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MrCuteking(m): 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
Someone asked me this question please if you have an answer kindly quote me.

I was previously denied few months ago, while I was trying to book another appointment I saw two sections to select from with warning sign on wrong selection.

>>Regular
>>Previously refused.

What are the conditions for each selection?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
Predstan:

It's so cute you understand the Nigerian Ways of doing things which explains where you came from. It's just better you go back to your home country to correct that ways. What's more patriotic than correcting this.

As Abraham said to the rich man, people like you will never change even if Moses were to come down from heaven.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vullia: 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
MrCuteking:

I was previously denied few months ago, while I was trying to book another appointment I saw two sections to select from with warning sign on wrong selection.

>>Regular
>>Previously refused.

Previously refused

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by biikeys(m): 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
MrCuteking:

>>Regular
>>Previously refused.

Were you refused more than 6 months ago? if so I believe you can go with regular. Think the website says this

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MrCuteking(m): 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2019
biikeys:

Were you refused more than 6 months ago? if so I believe you can go with regular. Think the website says this
Thanks for your response. Refused more than 6 months or 2 months? I’m not sure �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MrCuteking(m): 7:13pm On Jul 24, 2019
Vullia:

Previously refused

The guy in question was refused two months ago so it is advisable to choose the second option right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Boc007(m): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
pstfrancis:

Guys i need your input on this

Why not go for the one with scholarship atleast you have a chance. However, you have to weigh both schools in terms of rank, location, quality and background before you make your choice.

Don't be deceived by scholarship alone but it is an added advantage as well.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
TWoods:

As Abraham said to the rich man, people like you will never change even if Moses were to come down from heaven.

Moses Ran away for Pharaoh but came back to liberate his people(the Israelites). What are you still doing over there? Come back to Nigeria and liberate your people. I had to go back and read the ministerial list released just yesterday, you can tell me which one you are on that list.
Even Jesus left heaven to die for you and other Christians according what they claimed. He didn't stay in heaven to condemn them. Baba come back to Nigeria and liberate us. You are the Moses of our time, the jesus of our Christians and the Zackyzacky of our Shiites.

Hail thee

16 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2019
Predstan:

Moses Ran away for Pharaoh but came back to liberate his people(the Israelites). What are you still doing over there? Come back to Nigeria and liberate your people. I had to go back and read the ministerial list released just yesterday, you can tell me which one you are on that list.
Even Jesus left heaven to die for you and other Christians according what they claimed. He didn't stay in heaven to condemn them. Baba come back to Nigeria and liberate us. You are the Moses of our time, the jesus of our Christians and the Zackyzacky of our Shiites.

Hail thee

OMG!!! You people will never stop making somebody to laugh. Laughing seriously here. Funny you.

This one is not Jesus oooo. He's Savior Twood of our time.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wue1: 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
please i want to book a visa appointment i have been a silent reader thanks everyone im scheduled to resume august 20 someone should kindly assist me and guild me in preparation thanks everyone
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deefav: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2019
Vullia:

You should have picked regular and chosen a date in October/ November to be safe. You can pick regular because by then 2 months would have elapsed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deefav: 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
MrCuteking:

>>Regular
>>Previously refused.

If you were denied in the last two months pick previously denied, If two months have passed since your denial pick regular/ If the date available for regular exceeds the two month rule.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deefav: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2019
biikeys:

It actually says 2 months

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by learner007(m): 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2019
TWoods:

You should realize that the US government takes every information you provide seriously. If you are honest, you have no reason to be concerned with routine confirmation of information you have provided in your visa application

Daddy Twoods is back in da building...long time bro grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.