Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,685 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356093 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
Visa Approved today

Delaztyx:
Hello everyone, to Jesus be my glory..

Congrats people. go and excel

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2019
For regular, first available appointment in Abuja consulate is 6th of August. You can reschedule if you've not done it before. Hurry!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

This was my 9th attempt since 2017 that I have been trying. I did alot mistakes at the beginning that resulted in the series of refusal but God showed forth today.

I will drop transcript later
Well deserved. Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

This was my 9th attempt since 2017 that I have been trying. I did alot mistakes at the beginning that resulted in the series of refusal but God showed forth today.

Wow... Congratulations bro. I wish I can summon this kind of resilience.

Even your Monicker Speaks volume. Now you have won.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
Predstan:

Wow... Congratulations bro. I wish I can summon this kind of resilience.

Even your Monicker Speaks volume. Now you have won.

Thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

I have to borrow Oga imperiouxx beer because this one na special celebration .............. 9 times is no joke at all

Congrats , May God bless your new journey

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tboks(m): 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2019
TheNoble007:

For regular, first available appointment in Abuja consulate is 6th of August. You can reschedule if you've not done it before. Hurry!!!
Hello bro. Was this message directed to me?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marshalynk: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
I most congratulate you, first kudos for your courage and resilience, despite all the denials, you didn't give up on your dream, you went ahead and chase it, congratulations once again, we should all learn from you that whatever it takes in life go for your dreams no matter how difficult it will be, to be honest if I were you I could have give up on the 3rd attempt, but lesson learned here, kudos to you. It's worth the struggle and pray for you, may you make it in the us.

Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
Delaztyx:
Hello everyone, to Jesus be my glory..lol...I finally have breathed a sigh of rest after being on AP for 38days..I had my interview on the 21st of June 2019, Status updated on 25th July 2019, Visa issued 29th July 2019. This has been the longest wait of my life people, I was floating and I thought out everything and anything possible, but in the end, it ended in praise.

Deficit on I-20 form is $5k
Full Grad Assistanship with stipend 16k
Personal funding $5.5k
Uncles SOA $44k.

My interview goes thus;
White lady, window 5, Abuja Embassy.

Me: Good morning.
VO: Good morning, pass me your i20 and passport.
Me: passed it.
VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I'm going for my masters degree in community Health and preventive medicine at the Minnesota state university,Mankato.
VO: How did you learn about MNSU?
Me: I carried out a personal research about MNSU after I heard about the school at an Educational fair in Lagos and from an alumni of the school and their entry requirements matched my profile.

Next VO gave me a shocker..lol

VO:where is this your acquaintance?
Me: He got a job and is working in the US now after his program....I was like bobo who send you talk that one...
VO: I see...shaking her head..and typing furiously (in my mind I was like I dor enter one chance).
VO: Did u apply to other schools?
Me: I applied to two others: Tuskegee Uni, Alabama, Ohio state Uni, Columbus.
VO: How many admits?
ME: One from Tuskegee Uni.
VO: Did you write GRE?
ME: No, I wrote TOEFL.
VO: what was your score?
Me: 84
VO: I can see you have an assistanship, can I see a proof?
ME: Passes email proof.
VO: she reads out my duties and then said how are going to be tutoring with a poor TOEFL score ?we dont accept such scores here.What we accept here is 90 100 and above..( In my mind, I was like my fathers peepo)...lol
ME:I will be tutoring biology specifically and conducting workshops at the CAS.
VO: what will this course do for you?
Me: A masters degree in comm health from a recognised institution like MNSU in the US will undoubtedly increase my chances of being promoted to the Head position in the public health department of my organisation when I come back to Nigeria.Also, having being equipped with an indept knowledge in public health and with recent epidemiological tools/methodology, I will be able to secure gainful employment in Govt health institutions ( Federal or state) and NGO'S ( like the Renowed Benjamin Franklin Foundation) providing comprehensive Health care Services to reduce the health burden in epidemic and epidemic-prone communities in Nigeria.
VO: Are u married?
ME: No, I am single.
VO: who will take care the deficit?
ME: I have a graduate assistanship with full tuition waiver up to 9 credits and My uncle is cathering for the deficit. I also have my personal savings too.
VO: Can I see your statement??
Me Passed it and she perused it thoroughly.
VO:What does your uncle do?
Me: He owns a Block producing factory and into transportation.
VO:Can I see your uncles statement.
ME:Passed it.
VO: She kept typing...and returned my I-20 and my statement and then gave me the white paper and said Congratulations, I will be approving your Visa but I will have to place you on AP to verify your documents, if found to be fraudulent, u will be banned.Do u wish to withdraw it?
Me: No.
She then was talking about having my I-20 at POE, by then I don share the grace.lol...

Special Thanks to Brown2green, shawarma(the queen whose epistles I love to read) fairheart, Time2win, Lagosismyhome etal for your contributions on NL platform. Also to those who were a source of encouragement to me through the waiting times..Justabama, Arobim94, acebolted, barrlabs975.etal...God bless you all and your new journeys.God bless nairaland

Congratulations man. Please I just sent you a message
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by royalway001: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2019
Anyone heading to University of Oklahoma for fall 2019, lets connect...

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
There are some questions I need to ask because I just made a research about the university and found out that some of this were required.

1. Was your transcript evaluated by the National Association Of Credentials Evaluation Service?

2. Did you attend the EducationUSA as suggested by the university.

3. Did you submit a Financial Affidavit and application fee?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
Delaztyx:
Hello everyone, to Jesus be my glory..lol...I finally have breathed a sigh of rest after being on AP for 38days..I had my interview on the 21st of June 2019, Status updated on 25th July 2019, Visa issued 29th July 2019. This has been the longest wait of my life people, I was floating and I thought out everything and anything possible, but in the end, it ended in praise.

Deficit on I-20 form is $5k
Full Grad Assistanship with stipend 16k
Personal funding $5.5k
Uncles SOA $44k.

My interview goes thus;
White lady, window 5, Abuja Embassy.

Me: Good morning.
VO: Good morning, pass me your i20 and passport.
Me: passed it.
VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I'm going for my masters degree in community Health and preventive medicine at the Minnesota state university,Mankato.
VO: How did you learn about MNSU?
Me: I carried out a personal research about MNSU after I heard about the school at an Educational fair in Lagos and from an alumni of the school and their entry requirements matched my profile.

Next VO gave me a shocker..lol

VO:where is this your acquaintance?
Me: He got a job and is working in the US now after his program....I was like bobo who send you talk that one...
VO: I see...shaking her head..and typing furiously (in my mind I was like I dor enter one chance).
VO: Did u apply to other schools?
Me: I applied to two others: Tuskegee Uni, Alabama, Ohio state Uni, Columbus.
VO: How many admits?
ME: One from Tuskegee Uni.
VO: Did you write GRE?
ME: No, I wrote TOEFL.
VO: what was your score?
Me: 84
VO: I can see you have an assistanship, can I see a proof?
ME: Passes email proof.
VO: she reads out my duties and then said how are going to be tutoring with a poor TOEFL score ?we dont accept such scores here.What we accept here is 90 100 and above..( In my mind, I was like my fathers peepo)...lol
ME:I will be tutoring biology specifically and conducting workshops at the CAS.
VO: what will this course do for you?
Me: A masters degree in comm health from a recognised institution like MNSU in the US will undoubtedly increase my chances of being promoted to the Head position in the public health department of my organisation when I come back to Nigeria.Also, having being equipped with an indept knowledge in public health and with recent epidemiological tools/methodology, I will be able to secure gainful employment in Govt health institutions ( Federal or state) and NGO'S ( like the Renowed Benjamin Franklin Foundation) providing comprehensive Health care Services to reduce the health burden in epidemic and epidemic-prone communities in Nigeria.
VO: Are u married?
ME: No, I am single.
VO: who will take care the deficit?
ME: I have a graduate assistanship with full tuition waiver up to 9 credits and My uncle is cathering for the deficit. I also have my personal savings too.
VO: Can I see your statement??
Me Passed it and she perused it thoroughly.
VO:What does your uncle do?
Me: He owns a Block producing factory and into transportation.
VO:Can I see your uncles statement.
ME:Passed it.
VO: She kept typing...and returned my I-20 and my statement and then gave me the white paper and said Congratulations, I will be approving your Visa but I will have to place you on AP to verify your documents, if found to be fraudulent, u will be banned.Do u wish to withdraw it?
Me: No.
She then was talking about having my I-20 at POE, by then I don share the grace.lol...

Special Thanks to Brown2green, shawarma(the queen whose epistles I love to read) fairheart, Time2win, Lagosismyhome etal for your contributions on NL platform. Also to those who were a source of encouragement to me through the waiting times..Justabama, Arobim94, acebolted, barrlabs975.etal...God bless you all and your new journeys.God bless nairaland

There are some questions I need to ask because I just made a research about the university and found out that some of this were required.

1. Was your transcript evaluated by the National Association Of Credentials Evaluation Service?

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by aywhy93(m): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
Dodasidee:

V- when last were you in the USA?
m- Aug, 2016
V- where do you usually visit
m- Bleep, North Carolina
V- what is the longest duration you have stayed in the USA?
m- 16 days
V- I can see you got a visa last year but haven't used it. why?
m- it was meant to be a family vacation, but unfortunately, my brother wasn't able to get his on time and so we postponed it.

Adios!

Now that your F1 is approved. Come and borrow me your B1/B2 for just a week. grin cheesy grin

Congratulations!!! wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adedayo65: 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
Waooo!! Congratulations!!
Meanwhile I thought you already in trump land lol.....congratulations once again bro

Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delaztyx: 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2019
Yes it was evaluated by wes.Yes I attended the fair in Lagos.Yes I submitted a financial affidavit and application fee of 40dollars.
Rabato:

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
LagosismyHome:

I have to borrow Oga imperiouxx beer because this one na special celebration .............. 9 times is no joke at all

Congrats , May God bless your new journey

Thank you dear Ma! I'm overjoyed

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
My Transcript

Visa approved at Lagos Embassy, 30th July 2019

School: Clarkson University

Funding: 66,000$ (Tuition and stipends)

Course : Msc Chemical Engineering

This was my 9th attempt, 7 in Lagos, 2 in Abuja

Here is my today's visa transcript:

V.O: (Looked at my i20) I see you have a teaching assistantship, what will you be teaching?

Me: I will be assisting prof. ... in grading students papers, invigilating test and exams, other teaching duties will be assigned upon resumption

V.O: what was your undergraduate Major?

Me: chemical engineering

V:O Where do you work and what's your duties?

I currently work as a process engineer at D***y Industries Limited and stated my duties

V.O: (Started typing for a long time and checking his system, he was shaking his head too and my mind was beating fast.) He asked, have you travelled outside the country before?

Me: Yes, I have been to Ghana

V.O: is it by flight or road and how many times

Me: I travelled by road and that was sept last year and came back same month

V.O: (Went to meet another V.O, he stayed there for like 4mins, I don't know what they were discussing). After he came back, he asked... What's your plans after graduation?

Me: Upon completion of my masters degree, I will be resuming a new position at my current place of work as a senior process engineer and I am going to be on a paid study leave (I brought out the letter, he saw it and said he doesn't need it, I pushed my letter back to my file).

V.O: (Typing for a very long time and checking stuffs on his system) you have been to Abuja embassy last time, what transpired there?

Me: During my last interview, the V.O wasn't convinced that I am a credible student and hence I was refused. I have come to demonstrate my credibility as a student, I wrote GRE and scored 324, had a good grade (1st class) and believe i definitely do very well during my masters studies at Clarkson University. (He nodded)

V.O: (Started typing again and checking stuffs on his system), You applied for safety science at Embryl Riddle Aeronautical University in 2017, why the switch to chemical engineering (For my mind, e don come again o)

Me: That's was when I finished my National Youth Service and was working with a firm so i needed to increase my safety knowledge but since I changed place of work and now dealing with chemicals, I needed to develop knowledge in the area of chemical catalysis and plasma processing which will be needed when I resume a new position at my place of work. (He nodded)

V.O: Do you have anybody in USA?

Me: No, I don't have anybody

V.O: (Typed for ages, for like 2mins and was checking his system, my mind was beating fast. He took my passport and those blue papers, I was like it's finished, another refusal�. Immediately he brought out the white paper and circled a location, then said the golden words) YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED, then passed my i20 and sevis receipt

Me: collected my i20 and shouted Thank you sir!!! I ran out of the embassy and people were shouting what is it, I was running till i reached where I entered cab to my house cos it was like a dream or like i was watching a movie.

That's it... I saw God's favour today

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by walepepe21: 5:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

My Transcript

V.O: (Looked at my i20) I see you have a teaching assistantship, what will you be teaching?

Me: I will be assisting prof. ... in grading students papers, invigilating test and exams, other teaching duties will be assigned upon resumption

I currently work as a process engineer at D***y Industries Limited and stated my duties

V.O: (Started typing for a long time and checking his system, he was shaking his head too and my mind was beating fast.) He asked, have you travelled outside the country before?

V.O: (Went to meet another V.O, he stayed there for like 4mins, I don't know what they were discussing). After he came back, he asked... What's your plans after graduation?

Me: Upon completion of my masters degree, I will be resuming a new position at my current place of work as a senior process engineer and I am going to be on a paid study leave (I brought out the letter, he saw it and said he doesn't need it, I pushed my letter back to my file).

V.O: (Typing for a very long time and checking stuffs on his system) you have been to Abuja embassy last time, what transpired there?

Me: During my last interview, the V.O wasn't convinced that I am a credible student and hence I was refused. I have come to demonstrate my credibility as a student, I wrote GRE and scored 324, had a good grade (1st class) and believe i definitely do very well during my masters studies at Clarkson University. (He nodded)

V.O: (Started typing again and checking stuffs on his system), You applied for safety science at Embryl Riddle Aeronautical University in 2017, why the switch to chemical engineering (For my mind, e don come again o)

Me: That's was when I finished my National Youth Service and was working with a firm so i needed to increase my safety knowledge but since I changed place of work and now dealing with chemicals, I needed to develop knowledge in the area of chemical catalysis and plasma processing which will be needed when I resume a new position at my place of work. (He nodded)

V.O: (Typed for ages, for like 2mins and was checking his system, my mind was beating fast. He took my passport and those blue papers, I was like it's finished, another refusal�. Immediately he brought out the white paper and circled a location, then said the golden words) YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED, then passed my i20 and sevis receipt

Me: collected my i20 and shouted Thank you sir!!! I ran out of the embassy and people were shouting what is it, I was running till i reached where I entered cab to my house cos it was like a dream or like i was watching a movie.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
Adedayo65:
Waooo!! Congratulations!!
Meanwhile I thought you already in trump land lol.....congratulations once again bro

Thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
Wetin make I talk now? grin
hmmm; 9th times! But like I have said, I am not surprised.
I need to check the dictionary for a better word than congratulations.

Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2019
fairheart:
Wetin make I talk now? grin
hmmm; 9th times! But like I have said, I am not surprised.
I need to check the dictionary for a better word than congratulations.

Thanks brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by spaccleinc(m): 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2019
Baba, you cannot just comman drop transcript na..... You'll have to publish a book too!!!! Congrats!

Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MyAmericandream(f): 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
fairheart:
Congratulations! Congratulations!
You are one of those who reached out to me from this thread last year. It was about the F1 visa, but we cultivated friendship smiley. I am sorry I didn't do enough, and for few misunderstandings. Let me just leave this story.
I have been looking for this transcript since June. And thank God that I am seeing it today! I want you to know I am genuinely happy for you.
I hope this opportunity will help you make the best of life and whatever the US has to offer. Wish you the best!
Thank you so much, I really appreciate all your inputs so far. God bless!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MyAmericandream(f): 6:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lizzy44544:

Have you gotten any updates on visa collection
Sure, I have my visa with me already.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2019
spaccleinc:
Baba, you cannot just comman drop transcript na..... You'll have to publish a book too!!!! Congrats!

lol, thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
My Transcript

Big Congrats to you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by orimahspence: 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
My Transcript

Dear Time2win, you have finally won , yours is a "no going back " type of resilience , Achievement resembles climbing a slope, it is hard and loaded with disappointments, But at last… everything is commendable!! I am happy you came to at the highest point of the slope! Congrats on this achievement of yours. Hoping you witness many more accomplishments like this. Start packing , see you in Trump land

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheGrandChemist(m): 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

Way to go.

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oguibe2nice: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2019
[quote author=Rabato post=80776279][/quote]

How many times do they normally update a case.. Mine was created on the 25th, I had my interview on the 26th then last update was on the 26th too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
orimahspence:

Dear Time2win, you have finally won , yours is a "no going back " type of resilience , Achievement resembles climbing a slope, it is hard and loaded with disappointments, But at last… everything is commendable!! I am happy you came to at the highest point of the slope! Congrats on this achievement of yours. Hoping you witness many more accomplishments like this. Start packing , see you in Trump land

Thanks bro. see you there

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2019
Brown2Green:

Big Congrats to you

Thanks bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.