Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361042 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dwilliams707: 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:

Thanks brother. I can't God enough for showing me favour today.

Well deserved!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
MyCaseIsDiffere:
I join the entire Nairaland family to congratulate you, sir.
I release my legs to dance zanku in celebration of your victory.
I tap into your testimony.
Oya lay your hands of anointing on my head, as I go forth to excel.

I wish you could hear the rhythms of my heart as it's leaping for joy on your behalf.

Congrats, brotherly.

Thank you dear

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lizzy44544: 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2019
MyAmericandream:
check your stays here ASAP.
https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/. If it has been issued, go pick up your passport at your delivery location.

Ok, thanks alot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Manifoldlove: 9:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
@Time2Win, you just brought out a kindly of feeling I never knew I had in me tonight. Like seriously, US embassy suppose dash you back 2 Visa fees at least. Your determination is second to none! God bless your heart man,

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Manifoldlove: 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2019
Be kind at least naaaaaa,
ikdaddy01:

Any route na route.
Use taxi if u don't know road or Google map
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2019
Manifoldlove:
@Time2Win, you just brought out a kindly of feeling I never knew I had in me tonight. Like seriously, US embassy suppose dash you back 2 Visa fees at least. Your determination is second to none! God bless your heart man,

Thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by acebolted: 9:56pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
My Transcript

Visa approved at Lagos Embassy, 30th July 2019

School: Clarkson University

Funding: 66,000$ (Tuition and stipends)

Course : Msc Chemical Engineering

This was my 9th attempt, 7 in Lagos, 2 in Abuja

Here is my today's visa transcript:

V.O: (Looked at my i20) I see you have a teaching assistantship, what will you be teaching?

Me: I will be assisting prof. ... in grading students papers, invigilating test and exams, other teaching duties will be assigned upon resumption

V.O: what was your undergraduate Major?

Me: chemical engineering

V:O Where do you work and what's your duties?

I currently work as a process engineer at D***y Industries Limited and stated my duties

V.O: (Started typing for a long time and checking his system, he was shaking his head too and my mind was beating fast.) He asked, have you travelled outside the country before?

Me: Yes, I have been to Ghana

V.O: is it by flight or road and how many times

Me: I travelled by road and that was sept last year and came back same month

V.O: (Went to meet another V.O, he stayed there for like 4mins, I don't know what they were discussing). After he came back, he asked... What's your plans after graduation?

Me: Upon completion of my masters degree, I will be resuming a new position at my current place of work as a senior process engineer and I am going to be on a paid study leave (I brought out the letter, he saw it and said he doesn't need it, I pushed my letter back to my file).

V.O: (Typing for a very long time and checking stuffs on his system) you have been to Abuja embassy last time, what transpired there?

Me: During my last interview, the V.O wasn't convinced that I am a credible student and hence I was refused. I have come to demonstrate my credibility as a student, I wrote GRE and scored 324, had a good grade (1st class) and believe i definitely do very well during my masters studies at Clarkson University. (He nodded)

V.O: (Started typing again and checking stuffs on his system), You applied for safety science at Embryl Riddle Aeronautical University in 2017, why the switch to chemical engineering (For my mind, e don come again o)

Me: That's was when I finished my National Youth Service and was working with a firm so i needed to increase my safety knowledge but since I changed place of work and now dealing with chemicals, I needed to develop knowledge in the area of chemical catalysis and plasma processing which will be needed when I resume a new position at my place of work. (He nodded)

V.O: Do you have anybody in USA?

Me: No, I don't have anybody

V.O: (Typed for ages, for like 2mins and was checking his system, my mind was beating fast. He took my passport and those blue papers, I was like it's finished, another refusal�. Immediately he brought out the white paper and circled a location, then said the golden words) YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED, then passed my i20 and sevis receipt

Me: collected my i20 and shouted Thank you sir!!! I ran out of the embassy and people were shouting what is it, I was running till i reached where I entered cab to my house cos it was like a dream or like i was watching a movie.

That's it... I saw God's favour today
Wow this is beautiful...... I even thought you were in US already..... I'm so happy for you man.... congrats

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
My Transcript

A big Congratulations to you my Brother from another mother!
Am glad you finally made it. More wins ahead for you brah.
May Almighty God bless your new journey. Aameen

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Manifoldlove: 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
Okay, thanks Boss! Uber will be preferred but I don't really know how the traffic will be, I reside in Lagos. Don't know much of commuting around Abuja please.
Thanks alot for the assistance always, you have been a huge part of my testimony!
Walspring:

Is either you take cab or Uber but if you want along or soolee notify to give direction
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onyedika11(m): 10:13pm On Jul 30, 2019
Good Evening everyone. Please, I need materials for TOEFL Badly... Can anyone be of help? My Email address is onyedikaanthonyokoli@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lizzy44544: 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2019
MyAmericandream:
check your stays here ASAP.
https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/. If it has been issued, go pick up your passport at your delivery location.
I just checked, it's on AP
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

A big Congratulations to you my Brother from another mother!

Am glad you finally made it. More wins ahead for you brah.

May Almighty God bless your new journey.
Aameen

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
acebolted:

Wow this is beautiful...... I even thought you were in US already..... I'm so happy for you man.... congrats

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by emgraphics(m): 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hello everyone..
Being on AP since 15th of July
Case got updated on the 26th of July, after i resent my bank statement attached to dia email.
Had my Visa interview in Lagos...
Does it take long again after case is updated

Thanks...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lizzy44544: 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2019
Onyedika11:
Good Evening everyone. Please, I need materials for TOEFL Badly... Can anyone be of help? My Email address is onyedikaanthonyokoli@gmail.com
I just sent you a few materials
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Googledrive12: 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2019
God stepped in because it was time2win and he won it; Congratulation brother
Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

This was my 9th attempt since 2017 that I have been trying. I did alot mistakes at the beginning that resulted in the series of refusal but God showed forth today.

I will drop transcript later

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Googledrive12: 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2019
Manifoldlove:
Good evening fam, please what is the best route to the Abuja embassy please? I am going from GWARINPA area.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated!
From Gwarinpa enter to wuse from wuse enter a cab going to area 1 stop opposite ship house, there you will see a Canadian flag that's Canadian embassy 3 minutes walk from that Canadian embassy you will arrive at American embassy. NB Don't pay attention to those business people outside that will tell you that you need to cut your hair if not they won't let you inn for the interview.lol.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MyAmericandream(f): 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lizzy44544:

I just checked, it's on AP
Ok, just keep your fingers crossed. You'll hear from them soon.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Googledrive12: 11:03pm On Jul 30, 2019
Manifoldlove:
Good evening fam, please what is the best route to the Abuja embassy please? I am going from GWARINPA area.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated!
From Gwarinpa enter to wuse from wuse enter a cab going to area 1 stop opposite ship house, there you will see a Canadian flag that's Canadian embassy 3 minutes walk from that Canadian embassy you will arrive at American embassy. NB Don't pay attention to those business people outside that will tell you that you need to cut your hair if not they won't let you inn for the interview... lol.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ajibade105(m): 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
Congratulations! Are you not the same people on Canada student visa thread that was rejected sometimes in 2016? Greater heights...

Time2win:
My Transcript

V.O: (Looked at my i20) I see you have a teaching assistantship, what will you be teaching?

Me: I will be assisting prof. ... in grading students papers, invigilating test and exams, other teaching duties will be assigned upon resumption

I currently work as a process engineer at D***y Industries Limited and stated my duties

V.O: (Started typing for a long time and checking his system, he was shaking his head too and my mind was beating fast.) He asked, have you travelled outside the country before?

V.O: (Went to meet another V.O, he stayed there for like 4mins, I don't know what they were discussing). After he came back, he asked... What's your plans after graduation?

Me: Upon completion of my masters degree, I will be resuming a new position at my current place of work as a senior process engineer and I am going to be on a paid study leave (I brought out the letter, he saw it and said he doesn't need it, I pushed my letter back to my file).

V.O: (Typing for a very long time and checking stuffs on his system) you have been to Abuja embassy last time, what transpired there?

Me: During my last interview, the V.O wasn't convinced that I am a credible student and hence I was refused. I have come to demonstrate my credibility as a student, I wrote GRE and scored 324, had a good grade (1st class) and believe i definitely do very well during my masters studies at Clarkson University. (He nodded)

V.O: (Started typing again and checking stuffs on his system), You applied for safety science at Embryl Riddle Aeronautical University in 2017, why the switch to chemical engineering (For my mind, e don come again o)

Me: That's was when I finished my National Youth Service and was working with a firm so i needed to increase my safety knowledge but since I changed place of work and now dealing with chemicals, I needed to develop knowledge in the area of chemical catalysis and plasma processing which will be needed when I resume a new position at my place of work. (He nodded)

V.O: (Typed for ages, for like 2mins and was checking his system, my mind was beating fast. He took my passport and those blue papers, I was like it's finished, another refusal�. Immediately he brought out the white paper and circled a location, then said the golden words) YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED, then passed my i20 and sevis receipt

Me: collected my i20 and shouted Thank you sir!!! I ran out of the embassy and people were shouting what is it, I was running till i reached where I entered cab to my house cos it was like a dream or like i was watching a movie.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ODAVI(m): 11:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hello, i am a silent follower on this thread since 2017. I have meet a lot of people via conversation who had their visa approved. I secure an emergency visa interview for Tuesday. Please assist to review my 3rd attempt.

I have learnt recently that the last try usually turns to be a miracle.

Lesson: Always try and try, never give up.

Question: What are you going to US to do?
To Study and obtain a Masters of business analyst at Kent state university.

VO: You had applied last year to a different school. What school was that?
Me: Cleveland state university and Wright state university

VO: You were denied a visa, know why?
Not given a reason at the last time. But the first I was asked to request to come with an additional information.

Question: What Has Change?
I am now on a Scholarship and I got admitted into a better program which in a prestigious university.

Question: Why again after 2 attempts?
It is good to take inspiring challenges for a better future and career goals. After all we are all useless without a purpose.

Question: How did you get the scholarship?
I would say is as a result of my overall application strength. I submitted my personal statements which clearly defined why I wanted an MSBA at the university, I added my CV with over 7 years of professional experience and achievement as well as my GRE/graduate score.

Question: I mean, what do you have to do to maintain the scholarship?
Make good progress towards the completion of my degree and maintain a good grade.

Question: Why MSBA?
Each time I see how the business world move up, down, left and right, I see a mighty influence of CREATIVITY and PROPER ANALYSIS. So, this is in continuation of my academic background for in-depth knowledge in the competitive business world of today.

Question: You applied for MBA, why the switch to MSBA.

The MSBA is one of the optional MBA concentration under the college of business offered in Kent. However, students may select courses from all concentrations
Question: Why US?
It is the center of excellence in the field of education in the world. It is the most sought after International learning center. They have great facilities, real life practical experiences. Moreover, an MBA degree from a Univ in US has high recognition back here in Nigeria and the world. MBA degree from a Univ in US would help me to establish myself in a good position after.

Question: How did you choose this university?
It was among the schools recommended by Education IN USA a professional page.
During my reviews, I met an alumni of the university, he came back to Nigeria 2 years ago and got a good paying job in a multinational firm. He has been promoted twice in the space of 1 year because of his acquired set of skills from the University.

Questions: What will this degree do for you?

1. The language of business today is dependent on information technology, data management.
2. This program provides me with a holistic knowledge that balances the technologies, analytical methods and business expertise.
3. I will understand how cutting-edge businesses use data to optimize marketing, maximize revenue, make operations efficient and make management decisions.

I will learn to transform raw business data into valuable insight that enables me to effectively and efficiently discover and present enterprise intelligence for competitive advantage.

I will apply these strategies upon my return to make data-driven decisions to a real business.
I need to be able to give reliable and useful information from data and make strategic business decisions for my company

Questions: Why now?
Because I have a career plan.
I intend working for 4-7years, then go for my Master program.

Questions: Why KENT? I got more than 10 reasons.

1. Kent University is a premiere university in Ohio.
2. They offered a program with a concentration which strikes my interest and has a strong connection with my academic background and my career goal upon return...Other aspects, such as academic support services, internship opportunities and campus life, can have a big impact on my experience and my success.
3. KENT STATE is a university of choice for talented students who are serious, who are intellectually curious, and want a challenging and rewarding career.

Questions: Tell me about your research interest?
I will be working with Khuong Le-Nguyen an Associate Professor. I will be undergoing a Business Analytics Capstone Project centered on Business intelligence, Business Strategies, and IT Innovation etc.

Questions: How many university 5 admitted to 4
Cleveland State University in US,
Wright State University in US,
University of New Havens.
Kent state university
Austin Paean University. Decision not available

Questions: What's your concentration?
Business Analyst

Questions: What do you do?
I work with a media and broadcasting organization as Head Compliance/ business compliance.

Questions: Who will be sponsoring you?
My maternal Uncle,

Questions: What does your uncle do?
He works with the Nigeria Immigration and ministry of interior.

Questions: What’s your study plan?
My course is can completed within 12-24months, and I will be taking 30 credit hours before graduation.

Questions: When did you get your B.Sc/PGD?
That was in 2014 after which I went for my NYSC before then I had got a job in the banking sector. .......afterwards. I obtain my PGDIP in business administration in 2018

Questions: What courses will you be taking/ what’s your schedule for this program?
Quantitative Management Models, Adv. Data Mining/Predictive Analytics, Analytics for Decision Making, Database Mgt. /Database Analytic, Capstone Project in Bus. Analytics.

Questions: What is the duration of your study?
I would be starting classes on the 22th of August, 2019 and end 8th of May, 2021.

Questions: How long have you been working at your place of work?
I've been working in my present place of work for 3years.

Questions: Did you write any test?
Me: Yes, I did write GRE.

Questions: What is your post study plans?
I would be coming back to Nigeria.
I would also be taking a promotion seat back at my place of work and also increase my earnings for a few year.
I will be looking forward to joining multinational companies like JK Michael’s and Baker Tilly, WFP
I equally have a plan of going into my own private business, as an entrepreneur and business consultants.

Questions: What is your total tuition fee $17,622, living expense $14,944

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kaylhey20: 12:21am On Jul 31, 2019
Good day wonderful people.

Does anyone here stays in Tennessee, Nashville precisely ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gennylota: 2:57am On Jul 31, 2019
fairheart:
Use expedient appointment to get an earlier date. be fast, but do so thoroughly and don't make mistakes.
hello dear fairheart, please kindly respond to my pm. can you please help me with Gre printable materials please my brother.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 4:12am On Jul 31, 2019
Googledrive12:
God stepped in because it was time2win and he won it; Congratulation brother
yes oo. Thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 4:15am On Jul 31, 2019
Ajibade105:
Congratulations! Are you not the same people on Canada student visa thread that was rejected sometimes in 2016? Greater heights...

Thanks.. Nope, never tried Canada visa before, just focused on USA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by shogunley: 4:53am On Jul 31, 2019
You have won @Time2win
Congratulations
Time2win:
My Transcript

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 5:09am On Jul 31, 2019
Good day everyone.

Please has anyone recently booked flight to the US with a stopover at Dublin or recently transited through that route?

I learnt a transit visa is required to stop over there, even if you ain't leaving the vicinity of the airport. Please does anyone here know anything about this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Manifoldlove: 5:09am On Jul 31, 2019
thanks Bro, my very appreciation
!
Googledrive12:
From Gwarinpa enter to wuse from wuse enter a cab going to area 1 stop opposite ship house, there you will see a Canadian flag that's Canadian embassy 3 minutes walk from that Canadian embassy you will arrive at American embassy. NB Don't pay attention to those business people outside that will tell you that you need to cut your hair if not they won't let you inn for the interview.lol.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 5:14am On Jul 31, 2019
Time2win:
My Transcript

Congrats man! I'm happy for you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by shoyoyebiodun(m): 5:17am On Jul 31, 2019
Congratulations bro
Time2win:
My Transcript

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by doziej84: 5:28am On Jul 31, 2019
MonsieurCoder:

Congratulations to you. Can you kindly give us a run down of your other 8 interviews? What went wrong in them and how did you keep pushing? There is a lot we can learn from them. Your resilience is inspiring.

True Bro...Kindly give us a rundown of the past interviews....People on here can benefit gratly form your previous experiences.

Congrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dalmakz: 5:53am On Jul 31, 2019
solastar2:

Congrat. I sent u a PM, please reply.

Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.