Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360625 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by deleodd: 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
I had my interview on the 17th of July as well at the Abuja embassy, and have been placed on administrative processing too.

I'm going to EIU.

Sosao:
Had mine 17th July
Last update 17th July
No changes ���

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgogoroDegree: 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2019
Tim2win

Congrats ooo

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MonsieurCoder: 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:

Thanks bro.

Congratulations to you. Can you kindly give us a run down of your other 8 interviews? What went wrong in them and how did you keep pushing? There is a lot we can learn from them. Your resilience is inspiring.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lizzy44544: 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2019
MyAmericandream:
Sure, I have my visa with me already.
n

Did you receive an email or you just went and checked dhl, if you don't mind just tell me how you went about the collection thing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2019
It's your time to win @time2win. Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sammybtc(m): 7:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
My Transcript

Visa approved at Lagos Embassy, 30th July 2019

School: Clarkson University

Funding: 66,000$ (Tuition and stipends)

Course : Msc Chemical Engineering

This was my 9th attempt, 7 in Lagos, 2 in Abuja

Here is my today's visa transcript:

V.O: (Looked at my i20) I see you have a teaching assistantship, what will you be teaching?

Me: I will be assisting prof. ... in grading students papers, invigilating test and exams, other teaching duties will be assigned upon resumption

V.O: what was your undergraduate Major?

Me: chemical engineering

V:O Where do you work and what's your duties?

I currently work as a process engineer at D***y Industries Limited and stated my duties

V.O: (Started typing for a long time and checking his system, he was shaking his head too and my mind was beating fast.) He asked, have you travelled outside the country before?

Me: Yes, I have been to Ghana

V.O: is it by flight or road and how many times

Me: I travelled by road and that was sept last year and came back same month

V.O: (Went to meet another V.O, he stayed there for like 4mins, I don't know what they were discussing). After he came back, he asked... What's your plans after graduation?

Me: Upon completion of my masters degree, I will be resuming a new position at my current place of work as a senior process engineer and I am going to be on a paid study leave (I brought out the letter, he saw it and said he doesn't need it, I pushed my letter back to my file).

V.O: (Typing for a very long time and checking stuffs on his system) you have been to Abuja embassy last time, what transpired there?

Me: During my last interview, the V.O wasn't convinced that I am a credible student and hence I was refused. I have come to demonstrate my credibility as a student, I wrote GRE and scored 324, had a good grade (1st class) and believe i definitely do very well during my masters studies at Clarkson University. (He nodded)

V.O: (Started typing again and checking stuffs on his system), You applied for safety science at Embryl Riddle Aeronautical University in 2017, why the switch to chemical engineering (For my mind, e don come again o)

Me: That's was when I finished my National Youth Service and was working with a firm so i needed to increase my safety knowledge but since I changed place of work and now dealing with chemicals, I needed to develop knowledge in the area of chemical catalysis and plasma processing which will be needed when I resume a new position at my place of work. (He nodded)

V.O: Do you have anybody in USA?

Me: No, I don't have anybody

V.O: (Typed for ages, for like 2mins and was checking his system, my mind was beating fast. He took my passport and those blue papers, I was like it's finished, another refusal�. Immediately he brought out the white paper and circled a location, then said the golden words) YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED, then passed my i20 and sevis receipt

Me: collected my i20 and shouted Thank you sir!!! I ran out of the embassy and people were shouting what is it, I was running till i reached where I entered cab to my house cos it was like a dream or like i was watching a movie.

That's it... I saw God's favour today
Kinda emotional. Tears of joy rolling out of my face �.
Congratulations brother.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
My Transcript

V.O: (Looked at my i20) I see you have a teaching assistantship, what will you be teaching?

Me: I will be assisting prof. ... in grading students papers, invigilating test and exams, other teaching duties will be assigned upon resumption

I currently work as a process engineer at D***y Industries Limited and stated my duties

V.O: (Started typing for a long time and checking his system, he was shaking his head too and my mind was beating fast.) He asked, have you travelled outside the country before?

V.O: (Went to meet another V.O, he stayed there for like 4mins, I don't know what they were discussing). After he came back, he asked... What's your plans after graduation?

Me: Upon completion of my masters degree, I will be resuming a new position at my current place of work as a senior process engineer and I am going to be on a paid study leave (I brought out the letter, he saw it and said he doesn't need it, I pushed my letter back to my file).

V.O: (Typing for a very long time and checking stuffs on his system) you have been to Abuja embassy last time, what transpired there?

Me: During my last interview, the V.O wasn't convinced that I am a credible student and hence I was refused. I have come to demonstrate my credibility as a student, I wrote GRE and scored 324, had a good grade (1st class) and believe i definitely do very well during my masters studies at Clarkson University. (He nodded)

V.O: (Started typing again and checking stuffs on his system), You applied for safety science at Embryl Riddle Aeronautical University in 2017, why the switch to chemical engineering (For my mind, e don come again o)

Me: That's was when I finished my National Youth Service and was working with a firm so i needed to increase my safety knowledge but since I changed place of work and now dealing with chemicals, I needed to develop knowledge in the area of chemical catalysis and plasma processing which will be needed when I resume a new position at my place of work. (He nodded)

V.O: (Typed for ages, for like 2mins and was checking his system, my mind was beating fast. He took my passport and those blue papers, I was like it's finished, another refusal�. Immediately he brought out the white paper and circled a location, then said the golden words) YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED, then passed my i20 and sevis receipt

Me: collected my i20 and shouted Thank you sir!!! I ran out of the embassy and people were shouting what is it, I was running till i reached where I entered cab to my house cos it was like a dream or like i was watching a movie.

Congratulations!!! well deserved victory. May God bless your new journey.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2019
sammybtc:

Kinda emotional. Tears of joy rolling out of my face �.
Congratulations brother.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2019
MonsieurCoder:

Congratulations to you. Can you kindly give us a run down of your other 8 interviews? What went wrong in them and how did you keep pushing? There is a lot we can learn from them. Your resilience is inspiring.

Thanks bro... I will try but not today
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2019
clapper04:

Congratulations!!! well deserved victory. May God bless your new journey.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
My Transcript

Christmas gift came earlier. I am overjoyed for this approval cos u deserve it for being a valuable help to many people here who has tapped from your wealth of experience, God no dey sleep my dear bro. Chukwu gozie ur journey to Ana America.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
sultanfortune:

Christmas gift came earlier. I am overjoyed for this approval cos u deserve it for being a valuable help to many people here who has tapped from your wealth of experience, God no dey sleep my dear bro. Chukwu gozie ur journey to Ana America.

Thanks my dear bro! I appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Delaztyx:
Yes it was evaluated by wes.Yes I attended the fair in Lagos.Yes I submitted a financial affidavit and application fee of 40dollars.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
My Transcript

A very big congratulations to you, this is well deserved. Your tenacity finally paid off, nice GRE score by the way. Enjoy your stay in Trumpland

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
solihp:

A very big congratulations to you, this is well deserved. Your tenacity finally paid off, nice GRE score by the way. Enjoy your stay in Trumpland

Thanks dear
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MyAmericandream(f): 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lizzy44544:
n

Did you receive an email or you just went and checked dhl, if you don't mind just tell me how you went about the collection thing
I received a mail two days after the approval of my Visa. Two days later again, I received that same mail to pick up my passport at the location I request my document been delivered to. Haven't you receive any mail yet? Maybe you should check your status if it has issued.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Manifoldlove: 7:48pm On Jul 30, 2019
Good evening fam, please what is the best route to the Abuja embassy please? I am going from GWARINPA area.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by richforever1: 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lizzy44544: 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2019
MyAmericandream:
I received a mail two days after the approval of my Visa. Two days later again, I received that same mail to pick up my passport at the location I request my document been delivered to. Haven't you receive any mail yet? Maybe you should check your status if it has issued.

No I haven't received any email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ikdaddy01(m): 8:07pm On Jul 30, 2019
Manifoldlove:
Good evening fam, please what is the best route to the Abuja embassy please? I am going from GWARINPA area.

Any route na route.
Use taxi if u don't know road or Google map

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

This was my 9th attempt since 2017 that I have been trying. I did alot mistakes at the beginning that resulted in the series of refusal but God showed forth today.

I will drop transcript later

I’m happy for you!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dwilliams707: 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2019
ikdaddy01:

Any route na route.
Use taxi if u don't know road or Google map

U wicked bro lol

*just kidding*
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dwilliams707: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

This was my 9th attempt since 2017 that I have been trying. I did alot mistakes at the beginning that resulted in the series of refusal but God showed forth today.

I will drop transcript later

You earn my respect you big time!!you know why?
Even with this hurdles,you still come up here to help others,God bless you!
It’s easy to post here but aren’t damn easy to do this...you’re a great inspiration..

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2019
olasijiayo:
anyone has walspring number ?

Any levels boss ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2019
TheNoble007:

@walspring please kindly check your mail. Please kindly check your mail... � I need your response. I have made the required deposit. Thank you very much sir....

I replied you since noon
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kidUrbane: 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2019
@time2win, wow! Congratulations bro. You’ve helped countless people here. I am so happy that you have your own victory now. Blessings always my brother.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
Manifoldlove:

Is either you take cab or Uber but if you want along or soolee notify to give direction
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
dwilliams707:

You earn my respect you big time!!you know why?
Even with this hurdles,you still come up here to help others,God bless you!
It’s easy to post here but aren’t damn easy to do this...you’re a great inspiration..

Thanks brother. I can't God enough for showing me favour today.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
kidUrbane:
@time2win, wow! Congratulations bro. You’ve helped countless people here. I am so happy that you have your own victory now. Blessings always my brother.

Thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MyAmericandream(f): 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lizzy44544:

check your stays here ASAP.
https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/. If it has been issued, go pick up your passport at your delivery location.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MyAmericandream(f): 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lizzy44544:

Check your status here ceac.state.gov
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MyCaseIsDiffere(f): 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
I join the entire Nairaland family to congratulate you, sir.
I release my legs to dance zanku in celebration of your victory.
I tap into your testimony.
Oya lay your hands of anointing on my head, as I go forth to excel.

I wish you could hear the rhythms of my heart as it's leaping for joy on your behalf.

Congrats, brotherly.

Time2win:
My Transcript

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.