Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,522 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356032 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2019
dumbiri99:

Hi Lagosismyhome, please assist me

1) can I travel to the us with my drugs. I intend to carry like 2 packs each of like 15 drugs
2) what is the safest way to change naira to USD (no pta cos I bought one way ticket)

no go enter one chance ooo........ what exactly do you need all that drug for , also hope it not for you . Think about your liver

Only take what absolutely necessary . if these are prescribed drugs then ok. if these are just caution or preventative drugs then maybe you dont need to have as much

regarding one way then check with other banks. Some banks agree for PTA with one way ticket . I not not fully sure of other ways to get currency other than finding a trustworthy black market exchanger

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:22am On Aug 01, 2019
SOPWriter:
Mummy Lagosismyhome, the passion you have for this family: only God can repay you, can't believe you are still here helping people after leaving this thread for years.

You deserve an award!

lol..........i salute you back cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by victree007(m): 10:26am On Aug 01, 2019
Hello Guys!
Visa Approved this morning at the US Consulate, Frankfurt.
The consular officer allowed me to finish my sentences so I was really free to express myself.

VO: Passport and I-20 please
Me: I did as I was asked.

VO: What are you going to do in the US
Me: I am going for my Master’s degree in Ocean, Coastal and Earth Sciences at UTRGV

VO: How did you find out about this school?
ME: I got to speak with one of the lecturing staff of the University and my intended department during a geoscience conference in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018. He told me the department was looking for graduates of Geology for the new phase of their research and when I shared my Geology background and interests with him, he told me I would be a good fit and that I should apply. So I did further research on the school via Princeton review, usnews and other search parameters and I was satisfied so I applied.

VO: Your bachelors is also in Geology?
Me: Yes it is.

VO: You got your bachelors from Germany or Nigeria?
Me: Nigeria please.

VO: When did you come to Germany?
Me: April this year.

VO: What are you doing in Germany?
Me: I am currently studying Sustainable Mining and Remediation Management at TU Bergakademie Freiberg.

VO: Why don't you want to continue this programme in Germany?
Me: I put in for the Sustainable Mining programme here so I could research on the remediation of wastewater and heavy metals from mines but apparently the mines in Germany have been closed including the University’s experimental teaching mine where I am supposed to conduct my research. So it is no longer feasible to continue the programme. I believe going to the US at this time is a good call for me.

VO: Who is paying for your programme?
Me: Myself and my elder sibling

VO: What will you do with this degree?
Me: My career focus has always been in academia so the acquired training from this degree will strategically place me to take on a lecturing position at my alma mater (the University of Benin) as a researcher of environmental hydrogeology and I do have a competitive advantage here due to my recent work experience as a research assistant in the Department of Geology and also because the department only has one professor of hydrogeology that is aging and close to retirement. He would be glad to mentor me once more like he did as my thesis supervisor.

VO: Sorry did you say you finished from Benin?
Me: Yes, the University of Benin, Nigeria.
Me: Sorry the Benin I mentioned is different from the country called Benin. Benin is a city in Nigeria as well.
VO: Oh thanks for the correction. I actually thought you were referring to the country Benin. I'm sorry I'm not so familiar with places in Nigeria. (We both laughed).
VO went ahead to tell me that it's just like that in the US. That Springfield is another confusing term that is up to 35 in the US. I quickly said "oh so you need to specify the particular Springfield you're going to in the US". To this, the VO said YES. We laughed again after she told me one of her Springfield experiences.

VO: Alright your visa is approved....
VO: You did a good job answering all my questions. Please answer the questions same way at the port of entry okay.
I smiled and said I will.

Deficit - $30k
No SOA

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 10:34am On Aug 01, 2019
victree007:
Hello Guys!
The consular officer allowed me to finish my sentences so I was really free to express myself.
No SOA

I really look forward to when Nigerians in Nigeria will be respected by other countries.

Imagine how friendly the conversation was in Germany. Here in Nigeria, you literally “beg” for the visa, and the officers are like Demi-god.

It’s sad.

Congratulations to you! Sorry I said all of that on your transcript. I’m happy you got it without stress.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by victree007(m): 10:48am On Aug 01, 2019
iwriterng:

I really look forward to when Nigerians in Nigeria will be respected by other countries.

Imagine how friendly the conversation was in Germany. Here in Nigeria, you literally “beg” for the visa, and the officers are like Demi-god.

It’s sad.

Congratulations to you! Sorry I said all of that on your transcript. I’m happy you got it without stress.
It's fine man. Thanks for the wishes. I share your concerns too. I was just standing in line and the same thought was running through my mind. Visas were literally being granted in less than 2 minutes. At one point I didn't know when I said "ah ah" due to the approvals. Although I was the only one with a strange passport until I finished my interview. Every other ones were German passports.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ikdaddy01(m): 10:56am On Aug 01, 2019
Manifoldlove:
Be kind at least naaaaaa,
Sorry if i sounded unkind grin
Gwarinpa to US embassy should take 17munites( at most)anytime of day. That's why u shouldn't border on de (route any route na route)
Let me know when you hit town..u ll'd never know where help may come from.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 11:02am On Aug 01, 2019
LagosismyHome:

no go enter one chance ooo........ what exactly do you need all that drug for , also hope it not for you . Think about your liver

Only take what absolutely necessary . if these are prescribed drugs then ok. if these are just caution or preventative drugs then maybe you dont need to have as much

regarding one way then check with other banks. Some banks agree for PTA with one way ticket . I not not fully sure of other ways to get currency other than finding a trustworthy black market exchanger

Actually the drugs aren't mine, a friendly school mate wants me to help him buy and bring them along. But I don't want to have issues at POE with immigration, am I safe?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sparkleboy(m): 11:25am On Aug 01, 2019
Hello house.
Glory to God.
Visa Approved this morning 1st August
Lagos Consulate
I've been a silent follower of this page.
Very short interview
No documents except passport and i-20 was requested

Thanks to all those who dropped their transcripts and those who answered questions
You guys were helpful

Transcript loading

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 01, 2019
victree007:
Hello Guys!

Congrats brov. Quite a good interaction between the both of you. You also sounded very convincing.

sparkleboy:
Glory to God.

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:35am On Aug 01, 2019
dumbiri99:

Actually the drugs aren't mine, a friendly school mate wants me to help him buy and bring them along. But I don't want to have issues at POE with immigration, am I safe?

if its not yours then for me i wont take 30 packs of various drugs for nobody........ No way . You might have no issues or might have issues but i am not exactly sure.. (it depends on what the drugs are) ......... Tell your friend to pick 6 packs at the most , that more than enough for help matter

Always remember if you run into any problem you will carry your cross alone, "my friend sent me line" will not bail you out , So carry things for others with caution

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BIMestBabe: 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2019
Funding 23k plus
Deficit 24k plus
Sponsor uncle
PhD program.

My approved Visa transcript. Well, some people say preliminaries ain't necessary. But I'll drop mine because I learnt a lot from others' preliminaries!!
My interview was scheduled for 9am 29th July, Abuja embassy. I was previously denied in Lagos 11th June.
From my experience in Lagos, I felt going early won't make a difference because they call us in based on out appointment time. However, I still decider to go early based on instructions and it was worth it!!
Abuja was first come first served.
So, I got to the embassy 6:30am and was even the first to be screened. I kept on speaking in tongues silently even while on the queue. It worked because I was very calm.

Interview proper..
I was one of the first 5 the young man at window 7 interviewed. The first lady came with her parents and was approved but placed on AP. The next lady with full funding was denied when asked if she has study leave and she said no. The young guy in front of me going to see his uncle was also denied.

VO good morning pass me ur i-20 and passport.
Me good morning with a smile. I passed my i-20 first, wanted him to meditate a little on it before passing my passport.
VO I need your passport too, (shows me a sample of what a passport is)
Me in my mind I know what a passport is oga. So, passed passport
VO (had a pleasant look) so why Virginia tech
Me asides from the generous assistantship I got which I'm very grateful for, v tech is one of the top 3 universities for construction program in the US. (VO stops typing and was smiling and looking with rapt attention) v tech also has at her ........, a research community for intelligent construction and infrastructure. Infact, v tech has started a 75million dollars investment into expanding her research and teaching capacity in the are of intelligent infrastructure which will position her has the nations best in this area.
VO types.. Looks at my i-20 and was like, so, your assistantship .. Your assistantship doesnt cover all your cost, in fact not all your tuition. So who will be paying for the rest?
Me my assistanship will be renewed every semester as long as I meet the required performance and my uncle will be covering and deficit.
VO OK. So, why will your uncle pay?
Me. Well, my uncle and my dad were both geologist at ...... before I lost my dad last year January. VO said, oh, so sorry for your loss. (He wasn't even typing again, was just looking at me and listening) So, I said, you said what sir? Then he said, so sorry for the loss of your dad. I said thank you. So, after my Dad died, he has been the one sponsoring thru the remaining part of my masters, he paid they the application process and he's ready to sponsor me thru this PhD program. His aim is that I get established as a lecturer here in Nigeria. I kept on gesticulating with my magical fingers grin
VO. Do you have anything like statement or so? Just something to show that he can sponsor you?
Me. Yes. Passes statement.
VO. Do you know if it's fraudulent your self and your uncle will be banned from entering the US? I said yes sure. With a big smile. He just opened the first page and returned it.
Then he typed for a few seconds (well, that was the last time he typed wink)
He says, ok. So now let's talk about your sponsor.
Me. At that point, I felt he has already approved the visa.
VO what does your sponsor do?
Me. He retired from being a geologist at ....and now a consultant geologist for multiple oil and gas firms and a .......
VO. So tell me about your RA duties
Me. I tot, who told him say na RA. Anyways.. I will be working closely with.... Collecting and analysing data, working on how sensing systems can be used to construct intelligent buildings... VO cuts in..
You mean sensors? GIS or, me sef cut in grin sensing systems in building includes thermal sensors that allows to regulate the temperature of the room based on the body temp of the people occupying it. We also have lighting sensors, occupancy sensors.. Then I told him for example this interview room is crowded. A thermal sensor will help to automatically adjust the AC or heating units. So that we don't feel too hot or too cold. Also, so that there if these units aren't even needed, they are automatically turned off. This in turn saves cost, improves the efficient of the occupants and allows us to enjoy the building to the fullest.
VO. I've approved your visa!! Next person!! (Just the same way walepepe said it after our last mock grin grin)

He didn't even tell me story of picking up or keeping i-20 well grin
All thanks to God!! I wasn't even asked some qstns I feared. It all went in my favour. Fairheart, thanks a lot o you made my transcript stronger. Walepepe, the last mock you did for me was da bomb!
Texrem, thanks a mill too!!
@sharwama, queen herself, thanks and God bless.

So all thanks to God Almighty!! The author and finisher of my faith! Visa interview is 99℅ God and 1% prep! Pls pray well, its God that makes the qstns flow in your favour and He also has the heart of your VO.

See you all at the top!!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MasterforceII: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
Congratulations bro! This made me so happy

Time2win:
My Transcript

Visa approved at Lagos Embassy, 30th July 2019

School: Clarkson University

Funding: 66,000$ (Tuition and stipends)

Course : Msc Chemical Engineering

This was my 9th attempt, 7 in Lagos, 2 in Abuja

Here is my today's visa transcript:

V.O: (Looked at my i20) I see you have a teaching assistantship, what will you be teaching?

Me: I will be assisting prof. ... in grading students papers, invigilating test and exams, other teaching duties will be assigned upon resumption

V.O: what was your undergraduate Major?

Me: chemical engineering

V:O Where do you work and what's your duties?

I currently work as a process engineer at D***y Industries Limited and stated my duties

V.O: (Started typing for a long time and checking his system, he was shaking his head too and my mind was beating fast.) He asked, have you travelled outside the country before?

Me: Yes, I have been to Ghana

V.O: is it by flight or road and how many times

Me: I travelled by road and that was sept last year and came back same month

V.O: (Went to meet another V.O, he stayed there for like 4mins, I don't know what they were discussing). After he came back, he asked... What's your plans after graduation?

Me: Upon completion of my masters degree, I will be resuming a new position at my current place of work as a senior process engineer and I am going to be on a paid study leave (I brought out the letter, he saw it and said he doesn't need it, I pushed my letter back to my file).

V.O: (Typing for a very long time and checking stuffs on his system) you have been to Abuja embassy last time, what transpired there?

Me: During my last interview, the V.O wasn't convinced that I am a credible student and hence I was refused. I have come to demonstrate my credibility as a student, I wrote GRE and scored 324, had a good grade (1st class) and believe i definitely do very well during my masters studies at Clarkson University. (He nodded)

V.O: (Started typing again and checking stuffs on his system), You applied for safety science at Embryl Riddle Aeronautical University in 2017, why the switch to chemical engineering (For my mind, e don come again o)

Me: That's was when I finished my National Youth Service and was working with a firm so i needed to increase my safety knowledge but since I changed place of work and now dealing with chemicals, I needed to develop knowledge in the area of chemical catalysis and plasma processing which will be needed when I resume a new position at my place of work. (He nodded)

V.O: Do you have anybody in USA?

Me: No, I don't have anybody

V.O: (Typed for ages, for like 2mins and was checking his system, my mind was beating fast. He took my passport and those blue papers, I was like it's finished, another refusal�. Immediately he brought out the white paper and circled a location, then said the golden words) YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED, then passed my i20 and sevis receipt

Me: collected my i20 and shouted Thank you sir!!! I ran out of the embassy and people were shouting what is it, I was running till i reached where I entered cab to my house cos it was like a dream or like i was watching a movie.

That's it... I saw God's favour today

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2019
MasterforceII:
Congratulations bro! This made me so happy

Thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2019
Congrats @ victree007, Sparkleboy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Herjos: 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2019
Hello guys pls I notice people are not talking about going for BSC is this tread only meant for MSC bd PHD only

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by shegzyD(m): 1:06pm On Aug 01, 2019
Congratulations.
sparkleboy:
Hello house.
Glory to God.
Lagos Consulate
Very short interview

Thanks to all those who dropped their transcripts and those who answered questions
You guys were helpful

Transcript loading

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2019
sparkleboy:
Hello house.
Glory to God.
Lagos Consulate
Very short interview

You guys were helpful

Transcript loading

Congratulation!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olasijiayo: 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2019
To whom is the letter of support/ affidavit of support addressed to?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Senatorbee(m): 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2019
Please will my AGBO JEDI be allowed be allowed in at the POE
I don't want it seized please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abacino007(m): 1:42pm On Aug 01, 2019
Congratulations. This is indeed an inspiration.

Time2win:
My Transcript

Visa approved at Lagos Embassy, 30th July 2019

School: Clarkson University

Funding: 66,000$ (Tuition and stipends)

Course : Msc Chemical Engineering

This was my 9th attempt, 7 in Lagos, 2 in Abuja

Here is my today's visa transcript:

V.O: (Looked at my i20) I see you have a teaching assistantship, what will you be teaching?

Me: I will be assisting prof. ... in grading students papers, invigilating test and exams, other teaching duties will be assigned upon resumption

V.O: what was your undergraduate Major?

Me: chemical engineering

V:O Where do you work and what's your duties?

I currently work as a process engineer at D***y Industries Limited and stated my duties

V.O: (Started typing for a long time and checking his system, he was shaking his head too and my mind was beating fast.) He asked, have you travelled outside the country before?

Me: Yes, I have been to Ghana

V.O: is it by flight or road and how many times

Me: I travelled by road and that was sept last year and came back same month

V.O: (Went to meet another V.O, he stayed there for like 4mins, I don't know what they were discussing). After he came back, he asked... What's your plans after graduation?

Me: Upon completion of my masters degree, I will be resuming a new position at my current place of work as a senior process engineer and I am going to be on a paid study leave (I brought out the letter, he saw it and said he doesn't need it, I pushed my letter back to my file).

V.O: (Typing for a very long time and checking stuffs on his system) you have been to Abuja embassy last time, what transpired there?

Me: During my last interview, the V.O wasn't convinced that I am a credible student and hence I was refused. I have come to demonstrate my credibility as a student, I wrote GRE and scored 324, had a good grade (1st class) and believe i definitely do very well during my masters studies at Clarkson University. (He nodded)

V.O: (Started typing again and checking stuffs on his system), You applied for safety science at Embryl Riddle Aeronautical University in 2017, why the switch to chemical engineering (For my mind, e don come again o)

Me: That's was when I finished my National Youth Service and was working with a firm so i needed to increase my safety knowledge but since I changed place of work and now dealing with chemicals, I needed to develop knowledge in the area of chemical catalysis and plasma processing which will be needed when I resume a new position at my place of work. (He nodded)

V.O: Do you have anybody in USA?

Me: No, I don't have anybody

V.O: (Typed for ages, for like 2mins and was checking his system, my mind was beating fast. He took my passport and those blue papers, I was like it's finished, another refusal�. Immediately he brought out the white paper and circled a location, then said the golden words) YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED, then passed my i20 and sevis receipt

Me: collected my i20 and shouted Thank you sir!!! I ran out of the embassy and people were shouting what is it, I was running till i reached where I entered cab to my house cos it was like a dream or like i was watching a movie.

That's it... I saw God's favour today

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2019
Senatorbee:
Please will my AGBO JEDI be allowed be allowed in at the POE
I don't want it seized please

Another common thing once its travel time it pops up as question up and down ............ Abeg my people what are you doing wit AGBO JEDI smiley .... , does it really do anything?

In the past i seen comments that it is allowed at POE as long as you dont soak it in water

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by victree007(m): 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2019
nelem:

Congrats brov. Quite a good interaction between the both of you. You also sounded very convincing.

Congrats
Thank you man.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by victree007(m): 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2019
sparkleboy:
Hello house. Glory to God. Visa Approved this morning 1st August Lagos Consulate I've been a silent follower of this page.
Transcript loading
Congratulations mate

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MyCaseIsDiffere(f): 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
What shall we say unto the Lord, all we have to say is thank you, Lord! Darling, I am dancing and singing to rejoice with you. What a lovely transcript. I tap into your testimony. I receive it and I claim it by fire. Oya pass the baton to me oooo.

BIMestBabe:
Funding 23k plus
Deficit 24k plus
Sponsor uncle
PhD program.

My approved Visa transcript. Well,
So all thanks to God Almighty!! The author and finisher of my faith! Visa interview is 99℅ God and 1% prep! Pls pray well, its God that makes the qstns flow in your favour and He also has the heart of your VO.

See you all at the top!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olasijiayo: 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2019
Guys what’s the difference btw affidavit of support and letter of support, my sponsor wants to know which one is suitable he’s my maternal uncle and different surname

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adesunloye11(m): 3:26pm On Aug 01, 2019
victree007:
Hello Guys!

VO: Passport and I-20 please
Me: I did as I was asked.

VO: What are you going to do in the US
Me: I am going for my Master’s degree in Ocean, Coastal and Earth Sciences at UTRGV

VO: How did you find out about this school?
ME: I got to speak with one of the lecturing staff of the University and my intended department during a geoscience conference in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018. He told me the department was looking for graduates of Geology for the new phase of their research and when I shared my Geology background and interests with him, he told me I would be a good fit and that I should apply. So I did further research on the school via Princeton review, usnews and other search parameters and I was satisfied so I applied.

VO: Your bachelors is also in Geology?
Me: Yes it is.

VO: You got your bachelors from Germany or Nigeria?
Me: Nigeria please.

VO: When did you come to Germany?
Me: April this year.

VO: What are you doing in Germany?
Me: I am currently studying Sustainable Mining and Remediation Management at TU Bergakademie Freiberg.

VO: Why don't you want to continue this programme in Germany?
Me: I put in for the Sustainable Mining programme here so I could research on the remediation of wastewater and heavy metals from mines but apparently the mines in Germany have been closed including the University’s experimental teaching mine where I am supposed to conduct my research. So it is no longer feasible to continue the programme. I believe going to the US at this time is a good call for me.

VO: Who is paying for your programme?
Me: Myself and my elder sibling

VO: What will you do with this degree?
Me: My career focus has always been in academia so the acquired training from this degree will strategically place me to take on a lecturing position at my alma mater (the University of Benin) as a researcher of environmental hydrogeology and I do have a competitive advantage here due to my recent work experience as a research assistant in the Department of Geology and also because the department only has one professor of hydrogeology that is aging and close to retirement. He would be glad to mentor me once more like he did as my thesis supervisor.

VO: Sorry did you say you finished from Benin?
Me: Yes, the University of Benin, Nigeria.
Me: Sorry the Benin I mentioned is different from the country called Benin. Benin is a city in Nigeria as well.
VO: Oh thanks for the correction. I actually thought you were referring to the country Benin. I'm sorry I'm not so familiar with places in Nigeria. (We both laughed).
VO went ahead to tell me that it's just like that in the US. That Springfield is another confusing term that is up to 35 in the US. I quickly said "oh so you need to specify the particular Springfield you're going to in the US". To this, the VO said YES. We laughed again after she told me one of her Springfield experiences.

VO: Alright your visa is approved....
VO: You did a good job answering all my questions. Please answer the questions same way at the port of entry okay.
I smiled and said I will.

Deficit - $30k
No SOA
What about your blocked account in Germany? Can you unfreeze before leaving Germany
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Scholastica16: 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2019
dumbiri99:

If they discover the drugs in your luggage at POE, you will be deported. If they don't discover it, fine. You can bookmark this post.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olasijiayo: 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2019
olasijiayo:
Guys what’s the difference btw affidavit of support and letter of support, my sponsor wants to know which one is suitable he’s my maternal uncle and different surname
@scholastica16 lagosismyhome
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Scholastica16: 3:36pm On Aug 01, 2019
olasijiayo:
@scholastica16 lagosismyhome

One is a document sworn under fiduciary agreement. It is legally binding and can be used to bind your uncle to pay if he at any point reneges on paying for you. The other (the letter) is just an expression of his desire. It can be used in court but it is not as binding as the former. Personally, the affidavit has more weightage. So if he is fronting as your sponsor, I will say the affidavit is better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.