Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356680 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 8:09am On Aug 02, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

Am not sure he is cracking jokes bro. I think he actually once said on the platform that he graduated from a British Uni with a first class honours in Software Engineering. He seems to be a brilliant dude but he has allowed his profile to get to his head which is why you will always see too much pride in anything he post. I remembered you and him exchanged words last week over the way he was asking questions with arrogance. How I wish he can just be humble enough so that he won't have issues with the VO during his interview. It really pays to be humble! I wish him success!

Cheers.
It's all jokes tho. You can't read that and actually think he's serious

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:13am On Aug 02, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

Am not sure he is cracking jokes bro. I think he actually once said on the platform that he graduated from a British Uni with a first class honours in Software Engineering. He seems to be a brilliant dude but he has allowed his profile to get to his head which is why you will always see too much pride in anything he post. I remembered you and him exchanged words last week over the way he was asking questions with arrogance. How I wish he can just be humble enough so that he won't have issues with the VO during his interview. It really pays to be humble! I wish him success!

Cheers.

lolz! 100% sure it's a joke. he said he applied to MTU, Harvard don't admit for spring and no school will give out fall 2020 admission decision this time unless it's a deferred admission. also, no school in USA pays graduate students 10k$ per month as stipends. Read the transcript well, he was cracking jokes

16 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tayben015(f): 8:14am On Aug 02, 2019
I've been a silent follower, I am grateful to you all for your contributions, I have really gained a lot from this group, thank you for all you do.

MY VISA WAS APPROVED THIS MORNING

VO: good morning, pass me your passport and i20

Me: I did

VO: so you are going to the US to study computer science.

Me: I am actually going to study management information systems with a major in computer systems analysis.

VO: what did you study in your undergraduate

Me: I studied Electrical and Electronic engineering with a major in telecommunications which has got to do with informations. MIS too has got to do with solving business problems with information technology.

VO: Why do you need a master's degree now, since you have been working with **** state government since you finished your NYSC

Me: I need a master's degree in MIS now for career advancement. Besides, more ministries are being created in my state and their is serious need for database administrators.

VO: I can see you have relatives in the US, what do they do?

Me: yes, I have 2 brothers in the united state, they are students of UIS, one just graduated and will be starting his PhD this same month, the other is still studying MPH.

VO: who will sponsoring you

Me: My elder brother, he is in charge of the family funds.

VO: I'll be approving your visa, he brought out the white paper and circled collection point, I didn't even wait to hear when to pick it up. I just carried my file and left.

No SOA asked, I didn't even take any test and I applied to just one school. It was just God!

To God be the glory, thank you nairalanders.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:15am On Aug 02, 2019
tayben015:
I've been a silent follower, I am grateful to you all for your contributions, I have really gained a lot from this group, thank you for all you do.

Me: I am actually going to study management information systems with a major in computer systems analysis.

Me: I studied Electrical and Electronic engineering with a major in telecommunications which has got to do with informations. MIS too has got to do with solving business problems with information technology.

VO: Why do you need a master's degree now, since you have been working with **** state government since you finished your NYSC

Me: I need a master's degree in MIS now for career advancement. Besides, more ministries are being created in my state and their is serious need for database administrators.

Me: yes, I have 2 brothers in the united state, they are students of UIS, one just graduated and will be starting his PhD this same month, the other is still studying MPH.

VO: I'll be approving your visa, he brought out the white paper and circled collection point, I didn't even wait to hear when to pick it up. I just carried my file and left.

No SOA asked, I didn't even take any test and I applied to just one school. It was just God!

congratulations!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 8:16am On Aug 02, 2019
tayben015:

Big congrats!
any travel history?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tayben015(f): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2019
None, I just remembered he asked me and I told him I've not had any cause to travel out of the country.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abone2: 8:31am On Aug 02, 2019
Sorry guys, can someone enlighten me abt this yellow card of a thing. Is it compulsory for all travellers? If yes, how does one get it and the cost? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tayben015(f): 8:32am On Aug 02, 2019
Time2win:

congratulations!!!

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 8:32am On Aug 02, 2019
Lmao. Congrats btw Time2win.
Time2win:

Read the transcript well, the guy was cracking jokes

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tayben015(f): 8:32am On Aug 02, 2019
Stevenssen:

Big congrats!
any travel history?

Thank you!

No travel history.

First attempt
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 8:35am On Aug 02, 2019
Is it too small? I mean Yale offered twice as that but I wasn't impressed cheesy
ysteph:
Is the fully funded plus 10k monthly upkeep real? That's the only part that interests me.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 8:35am On Aug 02, 2019
Abone2:
Sorry guys, can someone enlighten me abt this yellow card of a thing. Is it compulsory for all travellers? If yes, how does one get it and the cost? Thanks
not needed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 8:36am On Aug 02, 2019
I was even thinking of that. Waynee doesn't get interviewed, Waynee interviews the V.O. Lmao
Stevenssen:

Why turn up for this 'interview'?
Why not invite the embassy to your house instead? grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 8:37am On Aug 02, 2019
Use am na cheesy
kidUrbane:
@waynee2baba grin guy this your transcript na the best ever.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:39am On Aug 02, 2019
waynee2baba:
Lmao. Congrats btw Time2win.

Thanks bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 8:39am On Aug 02, 2019
Lmao guy as in... some people sef
Stevenssen:

It's all jokes tho. You can't read that and actually think he's serious
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:39am On Aug 02, 2019
Abone2:

it's not compulsory please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 8:43am On Aug 02, 2019
I mean, 4.0 from Oxford... 339 GRE, Why shouldn't I be proud and arrogant? I feel like interviewing the whole US embassy. From the proposed transcript I posted, do you think I need to be more arrogant to the V.O? I am a hot cake and rare commodity, I don't see why a V.O will interview me even when Harvard didn't.
Abdulrahmon68:

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abone2: 8:47am On Aug 02, 2019
OK thanks
Stevenssen:

not needed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abone2: 8:47am On Aug 02, 2019
Thanks
Time2win:

it's not compulsory please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 8:52am On Aug 02, 2019
Good morning fellow nairalanders,
I'm a silent follower, I noticed people tends to pay more attention to APPROVED VISA TRANSCRIPTS, Its actually a good thing as that's everyone's prayer. Nevertheless, there's reluctancy to help verify/critisize proposed visa interview transcripts, I posted a transcript two days ago but yet to see any response, interview comes up Aug 8th. Please help a brother.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 8:59am On Aug 02, 2019
Appointment details
Venue : Abuja
Date : Thursday, August 8th, 2019
Time : 07:30 (37)
Deficit : $25,876
Funding : Aunty, SOA - $42,000
GA - $2,500 application submitted but interview will be in person.

Me: Good morning.
VO: Good morning, pass me your i20 and passport.
Me: passed it.

VO: why are you going to the US?
Me: I'm going for my masters degree in Applied Clinical Research at the St Cloud State University, St Cloud, Minnesota.

VO : But you studied Plant Science ?
ME : Yes, I studied courses in ethnobotany and biotechnology which exposed me to the phytochemical relevance of plants to the pharmaceuticals and to human anatomy including its technological applications.

VO: How did you learn about SCSU?
Me: I carried out a personal research online about SCSU after I heard about the school at a seminar presentation at FRIN in Ibadan and their entry requirements matched my profile.

VO: Did u apply to other schools?
Me: I applied to two schools : St Cloud State Universty, Minnesota and East Tennessee State University, Tennessee.

VO : Why did you choose two schools ?
ME : Ï met with their requirements and I was qualified so I did not bother to apply to any other schools, also their tuition fee which is quite affordable.

VO : How many admits?
ME: One from St Cloud State University.

VO: Why did you choose US ?
ME: US takes pride in technology advancement and has made sure all spectrum of the educational institutions are well equipped with latest technologies. Technology plays a pivotal role in research and development, hence it will afford me to be introduced to modern methods and new skills in medical research. Moreover, it's a new scientific and research course that is not available in Nigeria Universities, few that are willing to offer do not have the financial capacity to purchase to purchase instruments and keep the laboratory running, hence work only based on theory is not good enough for analytical scientists. No doubt USA is the best, offers a conducive atmospheric environment to acquire skills and gain knowledge of academic research career in order to become a leader in clinical field.
Research and training facilities and opportunity to meet with world reknowned Academia.

VO : Why did you choose St Cloud ?
ME : It distinguish itself in offering the only clinical research program in the US that focuses specifically on medical devices and the flexibility of its program affords me the opportunity to inculcate courses outside my major to fit into my academic and career plan.
Industry expert faculty 75% of who are or were executives in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries teach all classes using real world examples and projects.
They also collaborate with world class medical research organization e.g Mayo Clinic and Syneos health.

VO: Any standardized test?
ME: I wrote GRE.

VO: what was your score?
Me: 285

VO : When did you finish your first degree ?
ME : 2009

VO : What have you been doing since then ?
ME : Ï did a year National Youth Service Corp at Ministry of Natural resources, I was a biology teacher between 2011-2015, presently working as a research assistant with Africa Cassava Agronomy Initiative, a research grant sponsored by Bill and Melinda Gates.

VO : What are your roles as a research assistant ?
ME : Establishment of project trials and plot dimensions
Monitoring of tillage and ridging prior to planting ba
sed on the trial treatment.
Planting of inputs to ensure correct placement, accurate distance within rows and plots, facilitation of fertilizer application and weeding, sprout count and other observations.
Growth evaluation, weed assessment, disease incidence and name if any, ceptometer reading, yield by root category and others as required by the modeler.
Data analysis.

VO: I can see you don't have an assistanship ?
ME: I actually got an offer for Graduate Assistance which covers part of my tuition fee and monthly stipend, all documents have been submitted and interview will take place in person at Plymouth campus in 18th, passes email proof of APPLICATION FOR GRADUATE ASSISTANT sent from St Cloud State University.

VO : What are your responsibilities as a Graduate
Assistant ?
ME : Represent the Graduate program at off campus and on campus events including identifying locations and tracking prospects.
Conduct research for program directors as needed.
Organize and host prospective students and group visits to campus as needed.
Assist with program marketing, including social media.
Track prospects and initiate communication flow.

VO : What are your study plans ?
ME : I will be offering a minimum of 34 credit unit coursework and will be taking courses in : Evidence based medicine, biostatistics for clinical trials, applied anatomy..physiology, ............and phatophysiology, clinical risk management and safety.
I'm required to have a culminating project experience which will result in a written research paper and a minimum of 2.5/4.0 for my graduation.

VO: what will this degree do for you?
Me: A masters degree in Applied Clinical Research from a recognised institution like SCSU in the US will undoubtedly make me develop a deep and broad functional expertise in medical and pharmaceuticals clinical research so I can consider going for PhD on getting back to Nigeria but I'm not thinking about that now because situation changes overtime, will rather leave that for future to decide. But I will be able to secure employment in medical research institutes (e.g Nigeria Medical Research Institute) or offer consultancy services to medical professionals, Govt health institutions ( Federal or state), policy makers in health sector, clinical trial funders. Even presently government agencies need clinical researchers to serve as watchdog for new medicine, treatments and diagnostic products hitting the market on a daily basis in Nigeria.

VO : What do you understand by Applied Clinical Research?
ME : It is an area of healthcare focuses/ascertain on the safety, efficacy and effectiveness of everything ranging from medical devices to pharmaceutical products and diagnostic products. Some of my research processes will include Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy, Infrared spectroscopy etc.

VO: Are u married?
ME: About to get married to my fiance, we've already booked a date at the marriage registry. (I actually planned to put a date that will fall during the 1st semester break).

VO: who will take care the deficit?
ME: My Aunt

VO: Can I see your aunty's statement of account?
Me Passed it and she perused it thoroughly.

VO:What does your aunt do?
Me: She's a director at Federal Medical Center, Abeokuta. Also owns BISAD Medicare Ltd ( sales, services and supply of medical equipments and pharmaceuticals .

VO : Do you have any relative in the US ?
ME : No (even thou I have).

END

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 02, 2019
Oguibe2nice:

How old re you?
Are you married?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amb001: 9:09am On Aug 02, 2019
If you get cheapest flight and total travel time is 32hrs, would you taking it?

Gurus and friends with US travel experience pls assist.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 9:10am On Aug 02, 2019
Administrative Processing is the most frustrating position you can be when it comes to traveling to the U.S... cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2019
Swerveking14:
Administrative Processing is the most frustrating position you can be when it comes to traveling to the U.S... cry
Same situation, am so frustrated right now, been on AP since 9th July. Definitely i will resume late, i have mailed my school already

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 1jimax: 9:22am On Aug 02, 2019
tayben015:

Congrats, was this in lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 9:22am On Aug 02, 2019
I dont pray my enemy is put in that situation...it kills mentally, mind won't be at rest...I'm to resume 29 but it pays to resume early
Unstoppable100:

Same situation, am so frustrated right now, been on AP since 9th July. Definitely i will resume late, i have mailed my school already
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tayben015(f): 9:25am On Aug 02, 2019
1jimax:

Congrats, was this in lagos or Abuja?

Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ysteph: 9:36am On Aug 02, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
waynee2baba:
Is it too small? I mean Yale offered twice as that but I wasn't impressed cheesy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Senatorbee(m): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2019
amb001:
If you get cheapest flight and total travel time is 32hrs, would you taking it?

Gurus and friends with US travel experience pls assist.
32hrs really depend on your choice but its a little bit much
Please if.i may ask cheapest at what price
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amb001: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2019
Senatorbee:

32hrs really depend on your choice but its a little bit much
Please if.i may ask cheapest at what price

I can save as much as 200k

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.