Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356281 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2019
Walspring:

Any levels boss ?

Please reply your mail. Thanks ☺
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2019
replied.
Nonso16:
@fairheart Good morning, I haven't heard from you (my mail) cry

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2019
fairheart:
You see am say the dream never expire!
It is still very active until appointed season. $66K X 5 = $330, 000! You must give something huge back to this school at the end of your program. grin Best way, innovate, trailblaze and challenge present hypothesis. Whichever way, congrats again!

grin cheesy Thou shall not convert to naira, cheesy grin Thanks my man
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2019
snip09:
Visa Approved Transcript,
8am Lagos Consulate 25th July, my 1st time.
Window 4- slim white v.o
The V.O listened to all I said while I articulated well, didn’t care about the people and wasn’t slow with my responses and wasn’t too fast as not to sound like a rehearsed

Congrats... Shows you were really prepared!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2019
Vullia:

Oh great Jesus !

9th time really ?

My 4th time and am thinking of giving up,but with this I won't till I get it .

Congratulations bro ,this is really a great inspiration for candidate like me .

Smiles.. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2019
Sunnypolicy02:
Congratulations! Congratulations!! Congratulations!!! So so happy for you. God bless your new journey.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by samdgreat2011: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2019
Landed US last Saturday. Stayed in New York till yesterday. Landed in Florida yesterday to face the rigorous academic work.

Safe trip to all who are still flying and are still scheduled to fly.

29 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by felixboye1(m): 1:28pm On Jul 31, 2019
airwander.com

amb001:
Pls for us that our AP decision changed to ISSUED but yet to get our passports, is there any risk in buying flight tickets now? Again, apart from skyscanner is there any other site/app I can use to get cheaper flights? The cheapest I'm getting now is about 475,000 South African airways
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by snip09: 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2019
Time2win:

Congrats... Shows you were really prepared!

Thanks my man, I read your inputs here to issues and I'm like he's in the U.S.. Read your transcript yesterday, was surprised and happy, I'm happy for you really fellow chemenger...
God bless your journey as well...

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2019
Please how do we change to dollars oo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mills29: 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2019
Good afternoon, my Visa was denied and I'm planning on reapplying, please I need the gurus in the house to help me out below is my script.
Consulate Abuja,
Attempt: first

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning
Vo: why are you going to US
Me: I'm going to US to pursue a master's in computer science and Quantitative method and a concentration in information assurance and security
Vo: who is sponsoring you
Me: told
Vo: what does he do
Me: he is into digital printing, digital processing lab,important and sales of digital finishing material and importation and sales of Aluminum roofing sheet
Vo: so why did you choose this school
Me: A friend of mine who is currently pursuing his masters in mathematical finance in this same school recommended this school as he has a first hand experience and thereafter I did my research into the course curriculum and decided to give it a trial
Vo: where Do work
Me: on completion of my mandatory NYSC program I settled down with my parents and started my masters application
Vo: so what kind of Job did you do in your NYSC
Me: I taught mathematics and introductory technology
Vo: your course will run for 3yrs
Me: no ma 2yrs
Vo: where you admitted by only this school
Me: no ma
Vo: so how many schools did you apply to
Me: I applied to 3 universities, Rowan university in glassboro new jersey, Lewis university in Romeovile Illinois,and Austin PEAY state university Tennessee
Vo: only one school admitted?
Me: no ma I was admitted by lewis university and Austin PEAY state university
Vo: do you have a child
Vo: why did you choose this school over the other school
Me: after my friend told me about the school I went online searched about prof Joseph Elerde and saw his project and his rating online so I would love to be a part of his research team, also the degree in APSU is all encompassing as it combines both information assurance and security
Vo: Sorry you have been found ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa,try next time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BIMestBabe: 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2019
Senatorbee:
Please is yellow card needed at POE
I'm going through Newark NJ airport
Please

I just heard you won't even be allowed to leave Nigeria at the airport. So, I think since its less than 5k, it's safer to do it. You can confirm tho
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by calculator123(m): 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2019
Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

This was my 9th attempt since 2017 that I have been trying. I did alot mistakes at the beginning that resulted in the series of refusal but God showed forth today.

I will drop transcript later
Damn!, I love your tenacity oh. Never saw this coming. 9 times, I cut cap o, twale

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Yemi256: 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2019
BIMestBabe:

I just heard you won't even be allowed to leave Nigeria at the airport. So, I think since its less than 5k, it's safer to do it. You can confirm tho

Pls can someone enlighten us on this? Whoever traveled recently should attest to this, abeg.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnolukolade(m): 3:11pm On Jul 31, 2019
BIMestBabe:

Hmmm. Stop misinforming people. Yellow card is not necessary for F1 travelers. I guess you heard that from your relative who went to Dubai recently, and they know it all.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mills29: 3:20pm On Jul 31, 2019
Brown2Green:

If that's the actual name of your sponsor then you didn't do well mentioning it here

Corrected
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by calculator123(m): 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2019
snip09:
Window 4- slim white v.o
The V.O listened to all I said while I articulated well, didn’t care about the people and wasn’t slow with my responses and wasn’t too fast as not to sound like a rehearsed speech.
Me:Good morning ma and how was your night?
V.O:It was great, thanks, pass me your passport
I did
V.O: And your i20 and sevis payment receipt
I passed it (she began typing)
After she did for a while, she looked at me and asked
V.O:Where in the us are you going?
I’m going to the us to pursue my masters degree in polymer and coating technology at eastern michigan university Ypsilanti, michigan with a concentration in coating formulation and optimization.
V.O:Why this course
This degree will allow me take leading and challenging roles in the research and product development of my organization on my arrival as I have a study leave and upon subsequent years, will be able to take the leading roles in top multinationals like unilever, promasidor. I’m sure you will agree with me that almost all the manufacturing organizations uses polymer as their packaging materials, also this degree will allow me work on enhancing the shelf life of manufactured product, she cuts me off
V.O:What courses will you be taking
I listed few, I stopped, she gave me the sign of continue, so I did
V.O:How many schools did you apply to
I applied to 3 schools ma
V.O:Name them
I applied to eastern Michigan university, Ypsilanti, Michigan, I applied to depaul university, Illinois Chicago and south Dakota school of mines and tech, (was about telling her the ones that accepted me and refused me so she cuts me off and asked me how many admitted me so I just continued) I was admitted to depauls university and EMU but haven’t finalized my application to SDSMT. While typing, she now looked at me and asked
V.O:So you didn’t pay your application fee to SDSMT
No ma, I did but haven’t finalized my application with them
V.O:How did you hear about the school
Through a lecturer of mine in the university, he spoke highly of the school in terms of the quality of research the students are exposed to, when it was time to make a decision, I used mastersportal.com and usnews.com to search the internet and I discovered EMU was among the few schools offering polymer and coating technology for there msc degree.
V.O:What’s the major of the course, I didn’t understand at first so she explained
I answered it’s under college of technology
V.O:So why this school
Apart from the fact its among the few schools in the us offering this joint course, I was interested in the ongoing research by Prof Mannari which is into coating design, optimization, formulation and characterization, it aligns perfectly with my research interest, I see it as a career progression to my published undergraduate research journal where I worked on optimization of oil extraction from************* design of experiment, I have the copy of the journal here ma. Apart from that, Michigan is home to over 370 research and development tech centers, the most in the US, with this I will have a first class practical experience in my field, also the syllabus is streamlined in such a way that (she cuts me off)
V.O:So you said its one of the few schools offering the course
Yes ma
V.O:Name the other schools
I wasn’t expecting this question but since its what I had done my research on and carefully selected my school, I answered and listed a school in California lastly
V.O:Why are you not attending the school in California
As I said earlier, I was interested in the ongoing research by prof Mannari which ( she cuts me off)
V.O:Did you write any standard test
Yes ma, I wrote the pearson test of English (pte) and I was waived from writing the GRE due to my undergraduate degree in chemical engineering and current work exp as a quality control analyst
V.O:When did you graduate
I answered, then she asked me again, then I answered saying the same thing looking into her eyes while she was typing and probably wanted to confirm
V.O:Where
Ladoke akintola university of tech, ogbomoso
V.O:So what have you been since graduation
I went for the mandatory (nysc) in full and after I got a job at ****, then I got another job at ***** and I got a job at ***** till date where I currently work as a quality control analyst and my job duties includes ********, I didn’t finish them she cuts me off
V.O:Who will be sponsoring you
My paternal uncle will be sponsoring me, he (she cuts me off)
V.O:What does he do
He is into real estates and he has a private consulting firm in the uk where he consults for organizations
V.O:What’s his name
I answered
V.O:Where is he right now
He is in the uk
V.O:Is he a uk citizen
No ma, hes a permanent resident
V.O:Do you have his statement
Yes ma ( I passed it) then told her it contained his Naira account, pounds account, euro account and dollar account (statement was from January to june), she asked me to say that again and I did and she continued typing while I was looking at her while typing.
V.O:Did you apply for Graduate assistantship (maybe she asked because my deficit was $35521)
Yes ma, but I have a support letter here from the grad adviser stating that assistantships inform of scholarships will be given to me on arrival based on the school policy, she requested for the letter while I already passed and she took her time to read it. And dropped it while she was typing fast again
V.O:So what do you intend doing after the completion of your program
Like I said earlier ma, I have a study leave from where I work and I would be coming back to Nigeria to take up leading and challenging roles in the research and product development (she cuts me off)
She typed fast for long and asked
V.O:Have you been denied any visa before looking me in the eye, I smiled and answered yes ma, I have been denied study permit to Canada around 2015/2016. I applied to ****** college for a PGD to study occupational health and safety management. I was working as a safety officer then and when I requested for my GCMS file, I was denied based on ( she cuts me off and typed for long)
V.O:I will be approving your visa, you would be notified when its ready and this is the pick up location I circled, she was talking o but I didn’t hear anything again. After her lips stopped talking, I knew she was done so I said thank you ma while trying to be composed. She returned the statement, letter of support and gave me the white paper, no other documents were asked. I read transcripts here and people say their ears went deaf, that thing is true, so true
It was God’s mercy really. Passport has been picked up yesterday. I’m so grateful to God.
Special thanks to @otunbacoded for gingering me to try the usa, @johnsonolutade for not giving up on me @texrem, I cant thank you enough for firstly helping out with the sevis payment and the series of mock interviews we had, God bless you brother. Youre too much really, I mailed him I said, I see what you did with sharwama, I will disturb you once I’m set, out of his busy schedule, he offered to help, thanks bro. He’s always busy o but I no send am, I was consistent with disturbing him, lol.
I finally have a transcript to share since 2015, God be praised, giving up on our dreams isn’t an option, lets keep up the faith and the light at the end of the tunnel will shine soon on us. Thank you nairalanders, i'm so grateful, learnt alot since a very long time, First mock i had, @texrem said maybe i was reading it somewhere but no, i've worked and worked and worked on the transcript from reading other testimonies, drew a picture with pencil on my wall in the room where i use that for rehearsing, i use that to represent the V.O and i rehearse everyday. God had his way after all, I RETURN ALL GLORY TO HIM.

Chai, this screening hard pass the ministerial screening o
Congratulations
#take_a_bow_&_go

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marshalynk: 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2019
Though I'm novice in this aspect, but still figure out something, find a good reason why you chose your school, a friend studying there and recommending it to you is not a good a reason, what if he didn't school there or he didn't recommend it, will you still go for it? Find a better reason why you chose that school out of hundreds of goods school offering that course in us, what is so special about that school that makes you chose it.......

Mills29:
Good afternoon, my Visa was denied and I'm planning on reapplying, please I need the gurus in the house to help me out below is my script.
Consulate Abuja,

Me: I'm going to US to pursue a master's in computer science and Quantitative method and a concentration in information assurance and security
Me: my maternal uncle Brendan Agbasielo
Me: he is into digital printing, digital processing lab,important and sales of digital finishing material and importation and sales of Aluminum roofing sheet
Me: A friend of mine who is currently pursuing his masters in mathematical finance in this same school recommended this school as he has a first hand experience and thereafter I did my research into the course curriculum and decided to give it a trial
Me: on completion of my mandatory NYSC program I settled down with my parents and started my masters application
Me: I applied to 3 universities, Rowan university in glassboro new jersey, Lewis university in Romeovile Illinois,and Austin PEAY state university Tennessee
Me: after my friend told me about the school I went online searched about prof Joseph Elerde and saw his project and his rating online so I would love to be a part of his research team, also the degree in APSU is all encompassing as it combines both information assurance and security

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by calculator123(m): 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
Time2win:

Thanks bro
Congratulations chief.
Glad you finally secured your Visa, I wanted to ask Sha, I follow you bumper to bumper here on NL especially on the GRE thread. I can remember vividly that you accepted a fully funded PhD admit from University of Kentucky and I was expecting to read a PhD transcript. I know this might be none of my headache o but why the switch boss?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Obyknow(m): 3:32pm On Jul 31, 2019
Time2win:
My Transcript

Visa approved at Lagos Embassy, 30th July 2019

School: Clarkson University

Funding: 66,000$ (Tuition and stipends)

Course : Msc Chemical Engineering

This was my 9th attempt, 7 in Lagos, 2 in Abuja

Here is my today's visa transcript:

V.O: (Looked at my i20) I see you have a teaching assistantship, what will you be teaching?

Me: I will be assisting prof. ... in grading students papers, invigilating test and exams, other teaching duties will be assigned upon resumption

V.O: what was your undergraduate Major?

Me: chemical engineering

V:O Where do you work and what's your duties?

I currently work as a process engineer at D***y Industries Limited and stated my duties

V.O: (Started typing for a long time and checking his system, he was shaking his head too and my mind was beating fast.) He asked, have you travelled outside the country before?

Me: Yes, I have been to Ghana

V.O: is it by flight or road and how many times

Me: I travelled by road and that was sept last year and came back same month

V.O: (Went to meet another V.O, he stayed there for like 4mins, I don't know what they were discussing). After he came back, he asked... What's your plans after graduation?

Me: Upon completion of my masters degree, I will be resuming a new position at my current place of work as a senior process engineer and I am going to be on a paid study leave (I brought out the letter, he saw it and said he doesn't need it, I pushed my letter back to my file).

V.O: (Typing for a very long time and checking stuffs on his system) you have been to Abuja embassy last time, what transpired there?

Me: During my last interview, the V.O wasn't convinced that I am a credible student and hence I was refused. I have come to demonstrate my credibility as a student, I wrote GRE and scored 324, had a good grade (1st class) and believe i definitely do very well during my masters studies at Clarkson University. (He nodded)

V.O: (Started typing again and checking stuffs on his system), You applied for safety science at Embryl Riddle Aeronautical University in 2017, why the switch to chemical engineering (For my mind, e don come again o)

Me: That's was when I finished my National Youth Service and was working with a firm so i needed to increase my safety knowledge but since I changed place of work and now dealing with chemicals, I needed to develop knowledge in the area of chemical catalysis and plasma processing which will be needed when I resume a new position at my place of work. (He nodded)

V.O: Do you have anybody in USA?

Me: No, I don't have anybody

V.O: (Typed for ages, for like 2mins and was checking his system, my mind was beating fast. He took my passport and those blue papers, I was like it's finished, another refusal�. Immediately he brought out the white paper and circled a location, then said the golden words) YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED, then passed my i20 and sevis receipt

Me: collected my i20 and shouted Thank you sir!!! I ran out of the embassy and people were shouting what is it, I was running till i reached where I entered cab to my house cos it was like a dream or like i was watching a movie.

That's it... I saw God's favour today

Congrats bro,this is massive!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2019
BIMestBabe:

Please be sure of this...

Everytime it's time for travel this yellow fever card comment comes up ... just watch next session it would appear again. It is not needed for USA travel

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JTDeus: 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2019
JTDeus:
Hey, F1 Nairalanders! You guys rock! You guys tutored me wella on these insightful and generous pages.

I've been waiting for my visa delivery so that I'd have complete peace of mind while posting the transcript. Interview was Thursday, July 11th, in Abuja, 9am (that's 2 weeks already).

V.O. gave me white paper but mentioned that my visa would be put on hold so as to verify my submitted SOA. I've been tracking my status via both email, website, appointment page as well as call option too. They're all saying visa still with the embassy/consulate.

My story long o. But it's just a full testimony of God's favour and grace at work. I'm a first class student, with Bachelor's degrees in Philosophy (2009) and Theology (2014) respectively, PGDE from NTI (2015) and COMPTIA A+ from NIIT (2015). I'm 32 and I've been teaching since 2014, plus other engagements like NECO SSCE Supervisor, education board volunteer, ICT manager in an establishment, charity organisation experience, etc.

I applied for Licentiate in Sacred Theology from 2 Jesuit Schools in the US - Santa Clara University, California, and Boston College, Massachusetts.

Both schools offered scholarships. SCU replied first with 50% tuition scholarship, and I processed everything with them (i20, SEVIS fee, and nonrefundable enrolment deposit of $500). I even paid visa application fee and was about applying for visa when BC miraculously showed up last month. I didn't hear from them after application, and because I applied later than their deadline, I presumed they didn't take me. They just appeared last month with admission and 75% tuition scholarship, which I appealed and they increased to 100%. Bingo! �

I immediately applied to DHS for SEVIS fee transfer request from SCU to BC, which they did immediately and hitch free too. I went for visa interview with BC full tuition cover, while my uncle (same surname) takes care of other expenses. I used 2 SOA (dollar and naira respectively) from him issued in May for my admissions and i20 processing. He gave me sponsorship letter, together with another SOA printed July 10, a day to my interview.

VISA INTERVIEW:
Abuja, July 11th, 9am, window 6 or so, elderly white man who was very calm and gentle with me. Arrived consulate around 7:50am, got interviewed after the series of queues and processes around 10:35am or so.

My situation: No GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS or other standardised tests, and no external transcripts evaluations (none required); totally Virgin passport (but I've been to Benin and Ghana, and I filled them in my DS160); Single and childless; sponsored by uncle. Big mistake in my visa appointment form which I never discovered as I did all my stuff and printed myself, until the guys checking at the front desk pointed it out to me - I put my email address in place of my first name so the appointment page bears only my surname and email address, no first names. I almost fainted! Good enough, my email is a twist of my first names, so the identity connection won't be hard. They passed me on to the next screening stage though.

TRANSCRIPT:
(I'm not good at quoting verbatim, please, but you'll get the whole gist as much as I can).

We greeted and I passed my passport and i20.

VO: Are you in Orders? (meaning, are you a priest?)

Me: No

VO: I'm seeing Theology

Me: I've been in the seminary all my life but I didn't continue to the priesthood. I want to advance in Theology so I can lecture in the senior seminary or Catholic University when I return.

VO: Do you have a place to teach when you return?

Me: Yes (I dash him the letter I'm holding)

VO: What level of students are you teaching now?

Me: Secondary students, but I want to advance so I can teach in the higher institution.

VO: (goes into typing mode, so gentle all the way like he really wants to grant the visa but remembered he hadn't really asked me anything) Let me ask you just one question, a quick one. (I say, sure). Can you tell me the only doctrine the Pope has pronounced as infallible?

Me: (I never expected that. I was confused whether he meant the current Pope or past popes. He saw my confusion and said since Vatican. So I answered) We have the Immaculate Conception, we have the... (I wanted to continue but VO cuts in...)

VO: There you go! You did your Theology well! Did you obtain any bachelors during your seminary studies?

Me: Yes.

VO: What subjects?

Me: Philosophy and Theology

VO: (looking at my i20...) I see you have generous funding from the school. (I no talk. He moves down to my uncle.) Your uncle is taking care of the rest. Can I see...

Me: (I didn't let him finish. I dash am my sponsorship letter plus 3 different SOA for same uncle, two naira and one dollar account, all three legit. He looks at the SOAs and exclaims)

VO: These accounts are loaded. Your uncle must be well off. What does he do?

Me: (I tell him uncle's job and professional level.)

VO: I'll put your visa on hold while we verify these accounts against fraud. If you're guilty of fraud, you won't be allowed to enter the United States for...

Me: (I cut him off) Sure, I know. With all pleasure, please, you can confirm.

VO: (sticks a small white piece of paper behind my passport, gives me white A4 paper saying) This is for your visa (white paper showing visa approved and collection info).

(Gives me another cut white paper saying) This is specifically for your F1 visa (contains F1 travel guidelines).

(Keeps my passport. Hands back my i20 saying something like) Keep it on you while travelling, not in your bag (and so on... But I wasn't listening. The only thing in my head was... Run � � �)

VO was still giving final remarks but I was already towards the door in excitement and also fear of being called back for another thing again.

Me: (Already turned to run away �) bye bye, bye bye... God bless you, Sir!

Na so I take waka. I wasn't asked most of the usually expected questions. The only documents I presented were passport, i20, letter of employment confirmation and financial documents (letter of sponsorship and 3 SOA from uncle).

First, it's God. Then, truth is key. Also, struggle for good grades, you have less worry afterwards in academic adventures or application processes. Study the scope of the interview well and know what they're looking for. Try have documents to back up answers, and present the document to backup your claims as you're voicing oral answer too, because you may not be asked. Don't talk too much. Stay on the question. Let the VO lead the conversation. Don't answer the next question VO hasn't asked.

Pray my dear. Fast. Abstain from sin for that period. Make God a project as you make the visa a project and also make your documentation a project, and all will rhyme in that small cubicle. Pray to also meet a gentle VO. A guy immediately after me who came with the same school I got in California (SCU), with same 50% tuition scholarship I had with them, was not successful at the visa interview and he said the VO wasn't letting him talk (I got their i20 and paid SEVIS fee with them but switched to Boston that gave me 100% tuition scholarship, transfered my SEVIS record and went for visa interview with Boston College.)

Another thing, I feel they check social media profile, else they wouldn't ask you for it. Have a mature consistent social media profile that would make a potential employer take you if they were to look at your social media; a social media profile that can tell who you are, and also match what you filled in your DS160. I was expecting to feel tensed as I approached interview, but only remembered after the interview that I felt no tension at all. My VO made me at ease. It wasn't really a grilling interview, but more of a coffee chat. He was an angel!

However, I've still not been contacted for my visa collection and tracking is saying still at embassy. I filled PH as my pick-up location. The white paper said 4 working days if using pick-up. It's 2 whole weeks now, that's 10 or 11 working days. What's your take guys about my situation?

Also, what's take about landing at a POE different from your school airport? I want to land in Los Angeles for some days before moving to Boston? Any concerns about immigration wahala if I do so?

My empathy to all those not yet successful, and best wishes to those going soonest. One love, Nairaland! ✌

Update
Case created July 10th
Interview July 11th
Case updated July 25th
Issued July 29th
Got a mail July 30th and picked same day in PH

To God be the Glory!

Please, can we get experiences from POE?

Best of luck to y'all

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2019
calculator123:

Congratulations chief.
Glad you finally secured your Visa, I wanted to ask Sha, I follow you bumper to bumper here on NL especially on the GRE thread. I can remember vividly that you accepted a fully funded PhD admit from University of Kentucky and I was expecting to read a PhD transcript. I know this might be none of my headache o but why the switch boss?

I have B.Sc chemical engineering, got 5 fully funded offer for chemistry, materials science and engineering, chemical engineering (some PhD and Some Msc). I am not switching, I'm just going with the best offer

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stanavos: 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2019
Stanavos:
Hi Nairalanders....Masters program Admission

It is my first time here.Got Admission in GSU with out of state tuition waiver of over $20k and was denied on 11th January,2019 in Lagos.I applied to the same school and got another Admission with the same out of state tuition waiver and on 23rd July,2019 in Abuja, my Visa was approved but my sponsor's bank statement was withheld for further verification. My sponsor is my uncle and it is a genuine account statement.I was given two white papers and one yellow one showing I will be in Administrative processing. The statement of account is a company account and the VO said I should write the name of my uncle in full and give her and I did.She said it is going to take few days but today is 31st July I have not heard anything. My case was opened on 23rd July and last updated 23rd July.Anytime I mail passport status it will tell me "passport is with the post" but this morning it started showing me "there is no status update available with the passport number submitted".I checked using CEAC website it was still on Administrative processing with the same last update 23rd July,which is the date I went for interview.I don't know what to do.What do you guys think is happening? I am to meet with a professor by second week of August for prospective research position which I have discussed with him.My school will be starting August 26.Your meaningful contribution is highly needed.Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by biikeys(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2019
Time2win:
Visa Approved today
U.S Embassy Lagos.

This was my 9th attempt since 2017 that I have been trying. I did alot mistakes at the beginning that resulted in the series of refusal but God showed forth today.

I will drop transcript later

Wow..congrats!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2019
Senatorbee:
Please is yellow card needed at POE. I'm going through Newark NJ airport. Please

BIMestBabe:

Not for US travel pls. I'm sure it's not needed.

dumbiri99:
Please how do we change to dollars oo

Try Bureau de Change (Aboki guys), it's still at N360. Just have a domiciliary account which they can transfer the USD to.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2019
Onyedika11:
Good Evening everyone. Please, I need materials for TOEFL Badly... Can anyone be of help? My Email address is onyedikaanthonyokoli@gmail.com

i just sent you a google drive link to notefull materials.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2019
snip09:
Window 4- slim white v.o
The V.O listened to all I said while I articulated well, didn’t care about the people and wasn’t slow with my responses and wasn’t too fast as not to sound like a rehearsed speech.
Me:Good morning ma and how was your night?
V.O:It was great, thanks, pass me your passport
I did
V.O: And your i20 and sevis payment receipt
I passed it (she began typing)
After she did for a while, she looked at me and asked
V.O:Where in the us are you going?
I’m going to the us to pursue my masters degree in polymer and coating technology at eastern michigan university Ypsilanti, michigan with a concentration in coating formulation and optimization.
V.O:Why this course
This degree will allow me take leading and challenging roles in the research and product development of my organization on my arrival as I have a study leave and upon subsequent years, will be able to take the leading roles in top multinationals like unilever, promasidor. I’m sure you will agree with me that almost all the manufacturing organizations uses polymer as their packaging materials, also this degree will allow me work on enhancing the shelf life of manufactured product, she cuts me off
V.O:What courses will you be taking
I listed few, I stopped, she gave me the sign of continue, so I did
V.O:How many schools did you apply to
I applied to 3 schools ma
V.O:Name them
I applied to eastern Michigan university, Ypsilanti, Michigan, I applied to depaul university, Illinois Chicago and south Dakota school of mines and tech, (was about telling her the ones that accepted me and refused me so she cuts me off and asked me how many admitted me so I just continued) I was admitted to depauls university and EMU but haven’t finalized my application to SDSMT. While typing, she now looked at me and asked
V.O:So you didn’t pay your application fee to SDSMT
No ma, I did but haven’t finalized my application with them
V.O:How did you hear about the school
Through a lecturer of mine in the university, he spoke highly of the school in terms of the quality of research the students are exposed to, when it was time to make a decision, I used mastersportal.com and usnews.com to search the internet and I discovered EMU was among the few schools offering polymer and coating technology for there msc degree.
V.O:What’s the major of the course, I didn’t understand at first so she explained
I answered it’s under college of technology
V.O:So why this school
Apart from the fact its among the few schools in the us offering this joint course, I was interested in the ongoing research by Prof Mannari which is into coating design, optimization, formulation and characterization, it aligns perfectly with my research interest, I see it as a career progression to my published undergraduate research journal where I worked on optimization of oil extraction from************* design of experiment, I have the copy of the journal here ma. Apart from that, Michigan is home to over 370 research and development tech centers, the most in the US, with this I will have a first class practical experience in my field, also the syllabus is streamlined in such a way that (she cuts me off)
V.O:So you said its one of the few schools offering the course
Yes ma
V.O:Name the other schools
I wasn’t expecting this question but since its what I had done my research on and carefully selected my school, I answered and listed a school in California lastly
V.O:Why are you not attending the school in California
As I said earlier, I was interested in the ongoing research by prof Mannari which ( she cuts me off)
V.O:Did you write any standard test
Yes ma, I wrote the pearson test of English (pte) and I was waived from writing the GRE due to my undergraduate degree in chemical engineering and current work exp as a quality control analyst
V.O:When did you graduate
I answered, then she asked me again, then I answered saying the same thing looking into her eyes while she was typing and probably wanted to confirm
V.O:Where
Ladoke akintola university of tech, ogbomoso
V.O:So what have you been since graduation
I went for the mandatory (nysc) in full and after I got a job at ****, then I got another job at ***** and I got a job at ***** till date where I currently work as a quality control analyst and my job duties includes ********, I didn’t finish them she cuts me off
V.O:Who will be sponsoring you
My paternal uncle will be sponsoring me, he (she cuts me off)
V.O:What does he do
He is into real estates and he has a private consulting firm in the uk where he consults for organizations
V.O:What’s his name
I answered
V.O:Where is he right now
He is in the uk
V.O:Is he a uk citizen
No ma, hes a permanent resident
V.O:Do you have his statement
Yes ma ( I passed it) then told her it contained his Naira account, pounds account, euro account and dollar account (statement was from January to june), she asked me to say that again and I did and she continued typing while I was looking at her while typing.
V.O:Did you apply for Graduate assistantship (maybe she asked because my deficit was $35521)
Yes ma, but I have a support letter here from the grad adviser stating that assistantships inform of scholarships will be given to me on arrival based on the school policy, she requested for the letter while I already passed and she took her time to read it. And dropped it while she was typing fast again
V.O:So what do you intend doing after the completion of your program
Like I said earlier ma, I have a study leave from where I work and I would be coming back to Nigeria to take up leading and challenging roles in the research and product development (she cuts me off)
She typed fast for long and asked
V.O:Have you been denied any visa before looking me in the eye, I smiled and answered yes ma, I have been denied study permit to Canada around 2015/2016. I applied to ****** college for a PGD to study occupational health and safety management. I was working as a safety officer then and when I requested for my GCMS file, I was denied based on ( she cuts me off and typed for long)
V.O:I will be approving your visa, you would be notified when its ready and this is the pick up location I circled, she was talking o but I didn’t hear anything again. After her lips stopped talking, I knew she was done so I said thank you ma while trying to be composed. She returned the statement, letter of support and gave me the white paper, no other documents were asked. I read transcripts here and people say their ears went deaf, that thing is true, so true
It was God’s mercy really. Passport has been picked up yesterday. I’m so grateful to God.
Special thanks to @otunbacoded for gingering me to try the usa, @johnsonolutade for not giving up on me @texrem, I cant thank you enough for firstly helping out with the sevis payment and the series of mock interviews we had, God bless you brother. Youre too much really, I mailed him I said, I see what you did with sharwama, I will disturb you once I’m set, out of his busy schedule, he offered to help, thanks bro. He’s always busy o but I no send am, I was consistent with disturbing him, lol.
I finally have a transcript to share since 2015, God be praised, giving up on our dreams isn’t an option, lets keep up the faith and the light at the end of the tunnel will shine soon on us. Thank you nairalanders, i'm so grateful, learnt alot since a very long time, First mock i had, @texrem said maybe i was reading it somewhere but no, i've worked and worked and worked on the transcript from reading other testimonies, drew a picture with pencil on my wall in the room where i use that for rehearsing, i use that to represent the V.O and i rehearse everyday. God had his way after all, I RETURN ALL GLORY TO HIM.

Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohajan: 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2019
Tohajan:
Good day everyone.

Please has anyone recently booked flight to the US with a stopover at Dublin or recently transited through that route?

I learnt a transit visa is required to stop over there, even if you ain't leaving the vicinity of the airport. Please does anyone here know anything about this?

Can anyone help answer this, pls?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by calculator123(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2019
Time2win:

I have B.Sc chemical engineering, got 5 fully funded offer for chemistry, materials science and engineering, chemical engineering (some PhD and Some Msc). I am not switching, I'm just going with the best offer
Great, I trust your judgement 101%.
More successes bro.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2019
Mills29:
Consulate Abuja,

Me: told
NO TIES. No Job, no children. The vo prolly think nothing will bring you home After school

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.