Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,990 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356191 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2019
BIMestBabe:

Yep, if I remember clearly, @dumbiri99 told me point blank to forget it that I won't be given visa as a PhD must be fully funded. That was a really bad vibe lol, he doesn't even know what it takes to get here grin getting the funding I had.

Anyways, fast forward to today, God did it my people! Never let bad energy get at you! And yes, never spread bad energy too! grin

But you are going to a big school (Vtech), you might be fully funded later on in the process Maybe second semester

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hadassah777: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2019
Thank you to all those who encouraged those of us on AP.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olasijiayo: 9:26am On Aug 06, 2019
exactly o my brother i wasnt even given any yellow paper all white one small sheet saying congrats and taking original docs to POE the second one instruction on how to collect passport and the back for collection by proxy
Time2win:

I beg to disagree, everyone is put on Administrative processing after interview. I have personally watched the process. A day before Interview, it shows Application Received, after interview if you are approved, it does Administrative processing before turning to issued and then the person receives his/her passport days later. Some administrative processing last less than 24hrs before turning to issued (this applies to my case), some last for days, weeks, months. it all depends on applicant's cases and what the visa offer is checking/verifying. I guess you are referring to cases under 221(g)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 9:38am On Aug 06, 2019
Kel100:
Hello house, please I requested for an emergency appointment since 3 weeks ago at the Lagos consulate and attached a copy of my i20 and I haven't gotten a response yet either to approve or deny my request and I heard if I cancel my request, I would have to pay another visa fee to reapply. Pls what do I need to do as class start Aug 26. Pls I need your suggestions house. Ejoor e help mi.

You can't cancel your request... The only thing you can do is to cancel your appointment... Albeit, the answer to your request has taken longer time than expected. Abuja replied me, in just a day telling me that my appointment date is sufficient for the dates on my i20..that I can meet up... actually it is, I have 10 more days to school resumption from the date of appointment. I will suggest you get a late arrival letter from your school if actually they issue this, as some schools don't. This is your best bet, except your scheduled appointment is far dated from your date of resumption. Have you had an appointment at the consulate before?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 9:51am On Aug 06, 2019
BIMestBabe:

Yep, if I remember clearly, @dumbiri99 told me point blank to forget it that I won't be given visa as a PhD must be fully funded. That was a really bad vibe lol, he doesn't even know what it takes to get here grin getting the funding I had.

Anyways, fast forward to today, God did it my people! Never let bad energy get at you! And yes, never spread bad energy too! grin
It was clear the first vo denied because he/she saw a deficit of $24k x 5 years = $100k when most PhDs are fully funded. Most unfunded masters cost less than that $100k altogether
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kendrix69(m): 9:51am On Aug 06, 2019
Hello, does anyone know if I'll have to fill and submit the WES pin scratch card form?
My reason for the doubts is that there is a space provided to write pin but I read on here that WES won't accept the card if it's already scratched.
Its urgent. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hadassah777: 9:54am On Aug 06, 2019
I make bold to say most of us I know on AP, both on and off this blog, were not handed the 221g paper.
olasijiayo:
exactly o my brother i wasnt even given any yellow paper all white one small sheet saying congrats and taking original docs to POE the second one instruction on how to collect passport and the back for collection by proxy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 10:00am On Aug 06, 2019
Johnolukolade:

Hmmm. Stop misinforming people. Yellow card is not necessary for F1 travelers. I guess you heard that from your relative who went to Dubai recently, and they know it all.
Yellow card is not requested for UAE travel
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 06, 2019
Hadassah777:
I make bold to say most of us I know on AP, both on and off this blog, were not handed the 221g paper.
True, i was only given the white paper with a congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BenAzie(m): 10:50am On Aug 06, 2019
okisamenaziegbemi@gmail.com

Jacy1995:
What’s your email address please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:23am On Aug 06, 2019
You must not necessarily be given the 221g before AP is being executed.
The VO has the right to verify every information presented at any time before the issuance of the Visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hadassah777: 11:32am On Aug 06, 2019
Yeah, I know this as well.
I can bet it is not the VOs that are in charge of the whole document verification thing, their job is to interview you and assess your qualification, after which another department takes over. Come to think of it, what time do they have to be doing all of these.
Brown2Green:
You must not necessarily be given the 221g before AP is being executed.
The VO has the right to verify every information presented at any time before the issuance of the Visa.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by victree007(m): 11:39am On Aug 06, 2019
Can someone please help me pick-up a pair of shoes and a headset from Nigeria to the US! I will really appreciate the help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2019
dumbiri99:

It was clear the first vo denied because he/she saw a deficit of $24k x 5 years = $100k when most PhDs are fully funded. Most unfunded masters cost less than that $100k altogether

People get denied for several reasons. We’ve seen transcript of VO advising student before visa approval to please come back to Nigeria if they can’t afford the fee after the first year.

My point is; you can’t just say someone won’t get visa approval because of the cost of their education.

If he’s going to a good school for a good program with high ROI, the VO could care less about how much it will cost.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2019
Time2win:

I beg to disagree, everyone is put on Administrative processing after interview. I have personally watched the process. A day before Interview, it shows Application Received, after interview if you are approved, it does Administrative processing before turning to issued and then the person receives his/her passport days later. Some administrative processing last less than 24hrs before turning to issued (this applies to my case), some last for days, weeks, months. it all depends on applicant's cases and what the visa offer is checking/verifying. I guess you are referring to cases under 221(g)

You failed to understand his point. He said "technically AP is refusal" This is true because @ the point of interview the officer is not bound to verify anything before issuing the visa. That everyone pass through AP is different to be "placed on AP"

All visa applications end in two outcomes. Issual or refusal.

AP is a "refused application" (further checks) to verify whatever. At the end of the AP, the visa can be approved or denied. Duration of AP also varies which is not tied to resumption.
Also note that 221(g) also means "an application has been placed on administrative hold." You don't need to be issued a 221(g) to be on AP.

As always remain positive, stay engaged, you may opt for refundable ticket options.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2019
Hadassah777:
Yeah, I know this as well.
I can bet it is not the VOs that are in charge of the whole document verification thing, their job is to interview you and assess your qualification, after which another department takes over. Come to think of it, what time do they have to be doing all of these.

The VO either signs off or places you on AP.
If you're signed off, no AP is required.

And yes, another department is responsible for Verification.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
simonjo:

You failed to understand his point. He said "technically AP is refusal" This is true because @ the point of interview the officer is not bound to verify anything before issuing the visa. That everyone pass through AP is different to be "placed on AP"

AP is a "refused application" (further checks) to verify whatever. At the end of the AP, the visa can be approved or denied. Duration of AP also varies which is not tied to resumption.
Also note that 221(g) also means "an application has been placed on administrative hold." You don't need to be issued a 221(g) to be on AP.

As always remain positive, stay engaged, you may opt for refundable ticket options.

AP starts a day before your interview, AP is neither an approval nor a refusal. Your application is still under processing and when that process is completed, you will get either an approval or a refusal. The interview is also a process of AP

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
Brown2Green:

The VO either signs off or places you on AP.
If you're signed off, no AP is required.

And yes, another department is responsible for Verification.
Why does the VO then give a white paper saying congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2019
Unstoppable100:

Why does the VO then give a white paper saying congratulations

Until you're issued the Visa the approval is still loading.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
Mr. Twoods, youre wrong sir.. I was on AP for 45 days and I have a friend who was also on AP for 35 days and several other guys too, we were all issued at the end of the day.. AP is approval subject to the correctness of your bank statemnt/ any document required from you and passing a background check.. If you are a honest student and you are truly being sponsored, then you should start checking for flights ahead of resumption.. You will get issued.. From experience, u wil only get a high blood pressure coming here asking questions and finding out your fate from people who don't know the full details of your case. Relax and pray and hope.. You got the white paper, so be positive

TWoods:

Don’t bet on it. The consulate is not required to factor in your resumption date when on AP. H1B visa holders are known to spend up to 6 months or more on AP, and it doesn’t matter if your boss is a senator. Technically, being on AP is the same as a visa refusal. Hope for the best.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2019
simonjo:

See, things has changed since Twoods left the country. the way he sees thing is different from what is actually happening. Due to the fraudulent act of Nigerians, the Visa officers decided to be verifying most bank statement as many have been caught with fake bank statement. This has caused many to be put on administrative processing. so i understand fully where he is going. Being on AP does not equate to refusal as far as Nigeria is concerned.

You are not a Visa officer here to determine if they are bound to verify or not. you don't have any right to say such though and also before you comment, try to understand what is actually going on, before jumping in

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgogoroDegree: 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
SolutionzNaija:
Anyone in need of urgent US embassy appointment either in Lagos or Abuja this summer? DM me let's get you that early date!

Is this for real?

smiley wink

Naija !.............Take am easy oooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Grass2Green: 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
Hi good people, please anyone in UC that can help out? He’s ready to pay for the period he’ll be staying to quickly sort out his accommodation. It’s been difficult to secure one as he’s not present. He’s a very calm guy. Please reach out if you can help ormorteey@gmail.com. Thank you so much!

Grass2Green:
Hello everyone, please my brother is urgently in need of accommodation around UC Davies. He’s going there for his PhD this FALL.
He’s ready to share with anyone who holds an accommodation or someone who can accommodate him for a few days for him to sort out housing issues. All the ones he’s got online, they need him to be present for inspection.
So please if you can help, we will really appreciate. Thank you in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
Justabama:
Mr. Twoods, youre wrong sir.. I was on AP for 45 days and I have a friend who was also on AP for 35 days and several other guys too, we were all issued at the end of the day.. AP is approval subject to the correctness of your bank statemnt/ any document required from you and passing a background check.. If you are a honest student and you are truly being sponsored, then you should start checking for flights ahead of resumption.. You will get issued.. From experience, u wil only get a high blood pressure coming here asking questions and finding out your fate from people who don't know the full details of your case. Relax and pray and hope.. You got the white paper, so be positive

Read what I wrote, and also read the link I posted directly from the US consulate, don’t simply comment based on emotion. An AP is technically a refusal. That you are put on AP does not mean you will not be issued a visa if the VO decides that you are eligible for the visa after reviewing your case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lizzy44544: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
TWoods:

Read what I wrote, and also read the link I posted directly from the US consulate, don’t simply comment based on emotion. An AP is technically a refusal. That you are put on AP does not mean you will not be issued a visa if the VO decides that you are eligible for the visa after reviewing your case.
It's not a refusal AP is just security check and fraud Check please stop putting fear in people's mind

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dumbiri99(f): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2019
OgogoroDegree:

Is this for real?

smiley wink

Naija !.............Take am easy oooo
grin grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2019
Lizzy44544:

It's not a refusal AP is just security check and fraud Check please stop putting fear in people's mind

TWoods:

Why do we struggle to understand simple English language?

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2019
Time2win:

Untrue. Nigerians are not the only people interviewing for visas.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2019
Lizzy44544:

Read the US consulate description of administrative processing.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
Predstan:

AP starts a day before your interview, AP is neither an approval nor a refusal. Your application is still under processing and when that process is completed, you will get either an approval or a refusal. The interview is also a process of AP

This is untrue. Please read the law.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2019
Why some of una just dey pass false info up and down?

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.