Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1363037 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Zeyzuh: 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
I discovered that I made a mistake or an error while applying for the students visa.. How can I correct it. I initially schedule an appointment for last week but I was turned back at the embassy because the confirmation number on DS does not tally with the one on my visa application.
Then this week I rescheduled the appointment date and after selecting the interview date I discovered that I had chosen Renewal instead of previously refused. This renewal instead of previously refused was what was on the application that got me the turned back at first.
Please how can I correct this mistake or error before my next appointment date.
Note.. I have only reschedule the appointment once after the first appointment, thus, making it two scheduling on this current visa application payment.
Your urgent response is highly required and appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
Zeyzuh:
I discovered that I made a mistake or an error while applying for the students visa.. How can I correct it. I initially schedule an appointment for last week but I was turned back at the embassy because the confirmation number on DS does not tally with the one on my visa application.
Then this week I rescheduled the appointment date and after selecting the interview date I discovered that I had chosen Renewal instead of previously refused. This renewal instead of previously refused was what was on the application that got me the turned back at first.
Please how can I correct this mistake or error before my next appointment date.
Note.. I have only reschedule the appointment once after the first appointment, thus, making it two scheduling on this current visa application payment.
Your urgent response is highly required and appreciated.

Are you for F1 visa.? How did you see renewal? Did you fill another ds160 apart from the old one? If yes, you would have updated the new ds160 number on your appointment page at least three days to your interview.. Since you've rescheduled, I am afraid that you may have to pay another visa fee!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Zeyzuh: 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
Yes it's F1
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Astaclover9: 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2019
Wat are the charges billed when one uses Dom account master card atm in the states... Cos a friend of mine is telling me to withdraw the money from my account or else I would regret when the bank start surcharging me.
Please someone respond to this!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 1:58am On Aug 07, 2019
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin Calm down guys!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JohnnyAmhan: 4:00am On Aug 07, 2019
Hello Everyone

I am presently stranded as my flight to JFK New York was rescheduled to arrive earlier than initial time and my connecting ride to my school is the initial next day..

I am looking for someone I can pass a night with..I am actually scared of getting lost or scammed..

Please Mamas and Papas this great house who can help?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 4:03am On Aug 07, 2019
Hey, everyone, am dropping my proposed transcript here and it's open for constructive criticism. Interview is very close.
Level : Bsc
Course: Computer engineering
School : St Clouds State University
Vo: Good morning, pass me your documents please
Me: (Complied)
Vo: where are you going?
Me: Am going to St Clouds State University in St Cloud for undergraduate degree in computer engineering
Vo: You were before.... Why were you denied?
Me: I was denied because of my failure to prove to the visa officer that my purpose of travel was for my undergraduate program and not migrational purpose
Vo: So what has changed in your application?
Me: I am more confident in expressing myself, have known a lot more about my program and most importantly, I have a stronger funds.
Vo: To obtain a computer engineering degree at St Cloud State University, I need to complete prerequisite courses before getting admitted to the computer engineering program. By the end of each semester, am expected to have at least a minimum GPA of 2.5 to keep advancing to the next level. By the end of my program which ends inMay 2023,am expected to graduate with a minimum GPA of 2.5 and must have completed a course load of 106 credit unit
Vo: Why St Cloud?
Me: Apart from the fact that I got a generous scholarship at SCSU, I chose this wonderful school because of the following reasons :
-St Clouds State University has a very deep focus and interest on the welfare and academic excellence of her international students, this helps students achieve their purpose of stay in the U.S
-Of all the schools I applied to, SCSU is the only school that uses a D2L system, a system where professors can create web based course sites that enhances course experience. This system gives students the access to course materials like assignment folders, quizzes and surveys,course contents, grade books and more, through their smart phones, laptops and tablets.
-SCSU has a very diversed cultural community with students representing over 90 countries, so no matter where you come from, there's always a place for you to belong at SCSU
On top of these all, SCSU offers so much at a very moderate rate
Vo: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 schools, 3 admits( sequentially name them)
Vo: Why this course?
Me: Upon graduation, this course will help me so much in securing a good job in top Innovative technical firms in Nigeria, firms like Angela, Flutterwave,Mastercard,Jumia,Globacam,etc. These companies are in technical revolution and are always in the recruit of good engineers so with a degree in this course, I believe I'll stand a very good chance of getting a good employment in one of the companies . In the big run, this degree will help me in setting up my own IT consultancy.
Vo: when did you graduate?
Me: 2014
Vo: (probably amazed) so what have you been doing?
Me: Yes, it's been a while quite alright but after I graduated in 2014,I started computer lesson programs that lasted for almost a year, afterwards, I was offered an assistanship job where my role was to guide and instruct newbies. In 2016,I started my freelancing career and at the same time managed 2 blog site I co-own with my brother .
Vo: How did you get the scholarship?
Me: I had an impressive application and I qualified for the scholarship in all ramification.
Vo: Do you think you qualify for this visa?
Me: Yes, I think I do. I've got an admit from a good school, a good intent, sufficient funds, end good academic record.
Vo: what will you do after graduation?
Me: After graduation, I will come back to Nigeria for my compulsory NYSC, hence, start executing my career plans in Nigeria
Vo: who's your sponsor?
Me: My uncle, he's actually a l lawyer by profession but has a lot of businesses he handles, he has a school here in Abuja, a lounge here too, he's into estate business and some other businesses .
Vo: why would he spend so much on you? Doesn't he have his own kids to train?
Me: That will never be a problem to him, he has been playing a major role in funding my academics and has trained all his children in school. They are all independent now. He is willing to do so.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 4:39am On Aug 07, 2019
JohnnyAmhan:
Hello Everyone

I am presently stranded as my flight to JFK New York was rescheduled to arrive earlier than initial time and my connecting ride to my school is the initial next day..

I am looking for someone I can pass a night with..I am actually scared of getting lost or scammed..

Please Mamas and Papas this great house who can help?
I can't imagine being in your position right now and it breaks my heart knowing I can't be of help to you. I am sending you lots of love and light and I pray someone reaches out to you. I am so sorry.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 5:59am On Aug 07, 2019
Flaame:
Hey, everyone, am dropping my proposed transcript here and it's open for constructive criticism. Interview is very close.
Level : Bsc
Course: Computer engineering
School : St Clouds State University
Vo: Good morning, pass me your documents please
Me: (Complied)
Vo: where are you going?
Me: Am going to St Clouds State University in St Cloud for undergraduate degree in computer engineering
Vo: You were before.... Why were you denied?
Me: I was denied because of my failure to prove to the visa officer that my purpose of travel was for my undergraduate program and not migrational purpose
Vo: So what has changed in your application?
Me: I am more confident in expressing myself, have known a lot more about my program and most importantly, I have a stronger funds.
Vo: To obtain a computer engineering degree at St Cloud State University, I need to complete prerequisite courses before getting admitted to the computer engineering program. By the end of each semester, am expected to have at least a minimum GPA of 2.5 to keep advancing to the next level. By the end of my program which ends inMay 2023,am expected to graduate with a minimum GPA of 2.5 and must have completed a course load of 106 credit unit
Vo: Why St Cloud?
Me: Apart from the fact that I got a generous scholarship at SCSU, I chose this wonderful school because of the following reasons :
-St Clouds State University has a very deep focus and interest on the welfare and academic excellence of her international students, this helps students achieve their purpose of stay in the U.S
-Of all the schools I applied to, SCSU is the only school that uses a D2L system, a system where professors can create web based course sites that enhances course experience. This system gives students the access to course materials like assignment folders, quizzes and surveys,course contents, grade books and more, through their smart phones, laptops and tablets.
-SCSU has a very diversed cultural community with students representing over 90 countries, so no matter where you come from, there's always a place for you to belong at SCSU
On top of these all, SCSU offers so much at a very moderate rate

Vo: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 schools, 3 admits( sequentially name them)
Vo: Why this course?
Me: Upon graduation, this course will help me so much in securing a good job in top Innovative technical firms in Nigeria, firms like Angela, Flutterwave,Mastercard,Jumia,Globacam,etc. These companies are in technical revolution and are always in the recruit of good engineers so with a degree in this course, I believe I'll stand a very good chance of getting a good employment in one of the companies . In the big run, this degree will help me in setting up my own IT consultancy.
Vo: when did you graduate?
Me: 2014
Vo: (probably amazed) so what have you been doing?
Me: Yes, it's been a while quite alright but after I graduated in 2014[b],I started computer lesson programs that lasted for almost a year, afterwards, I was offered an assistanship job where my role was to guide and instruct newbies. In 2016,I started my freelancing career and at the same time managed 2 blog site I co-own with my brother .[/b]
Vo: How did you get the scholarship?
Me: I had an impressive application and I qualified for the scholarship in all ramification.
Vo: Do you think you qualify for this visa?
Me: Yes, I think I do. I've got an admit from a good school, a good intent, sufficient funds, end good academic record.
Vo: what will you do after graduation?
Me: After graduation, I will come back to Nigeria for my compulsory NYSC, hence, start executing my career plans in Nigeria
Vo: who's your sponsor?
Me: My uncle, he's actually a l lawyer by profession but has a lot of businesses he handles, he has a school here in Abuja, a lounge here too, he's into estate business and some other businesses .
Vo: why would he spend so much on you? Doesn't he have his own kids to train?
Me: That will never be a problem to him, he has been playing a major role in funding my academics and has trained all his children in school. They are all independent now. He is willing to do so.
What I'm about to write now is my opinion and nothing but my opinion.
Bold 1: That's a very terrible thing to say in the beginning, it leaves you at the mercy of the VO who now has to rely not just on his or her professional sense of judgement but on the supposed "previous judgement" of a colleague. There are better ways to answer this question. There are words you shouldn't mention at all in an F1 visa interview and Migration or its relatives is one of them!
Bold 2: That you have known a lot about your program doesn't sound impressive. I keep singing it, keep every unimpressive information to yourself at the interview. Define "stronger funds", why not be specific please.
Bold 3: So you were given a conditional admission, does the VO NEED to know about this? I won't say a word.
Bold 4: Please don't say this, I beg you. It's not an exciting fact. You see, most schools cherish international students, we add not just monetary value to them, we also help them preach "diversity", something that has more monetary value, if you know, you know!
If you are sure about the D2L, now that's a beautiful one.
Bold 5: I won't say a word, so you can peacefully sound like a "naive undergraduate" for once grin
Bold 6: I am not sure how I feel, in fact I feel like you had no plans to go to the university, no attempt was mentioned. What is an assistantship job? Guiding and instructing newbies on what exactly? Can you understand my emphasis on specificity? In fact I am tired. So from 2016- now you have been blogging and free lancing. Is this what you filled in your DS 160? Nollywood would probably not buy this story, how much more a VO. Should we blame the previous VO for considering you as a potential immigrant? You are even going for a course that is greatly available here in Nigeria and will be cheaper for your uncle. Ok, I won't say a word.
Bold 7: I am not sure the question about qualifying or not will come up but if it does, don't respond like that please. That's not confidence, that's annoying cockiness. Why not simply smile and let the VO know you trust his or her sense of judgement. Just do back to sender peacefully and don't let village people use you by showing you know the standards of assessment. If I was a VO, I will deny you, you want to teach me my job abi, nonsense ingredients grin
Bold 8: You are trying so hard to paint your sponsor as a very credible one. Don't do that, it shows desperation. Let the SOA do the talking. Shebi they said money answereth all things? If the VO needs more clarity, he or she will ask!
Bold 9: Are you him? Is him you? How can you be so certain when you are neither the owner of the businesses nor the money. The last time he played a major role in your academics was in 2014, a lot has changed, Naira is like a dwarf before the dollar. Why not give a response centered on humility and gratitude that he is willing to help please.
Conclusively, be careful of your choice of words, tone and attitude. They tell the VO who you really are.
I wish you all the best, ok bye grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 6:17am On Aug 07, 2019
@All

Please enough of this endless back and forth argument, pages have been taken over by this, it's time to move on or start a separate thread on AR to continue there but enough of it here.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 6:27am On Aug 07, 2019
@justwise I think you guys should change/modify the way you hide posts from contributors on nairaland, perhaps you notify them first that the post is in violation of stated terms, since there is an edit function for every post, before taking them down. Some contain useful information.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.