Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1363315 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2019
TWoods:

Untrue. Nigerians are not the only people interviewing for visas.

My view applies to only Nigerians. you can observe the process yourself. I shared based on what I observed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
TWoods:

This is untrue. Please read the law.
The Case for AP is created a day before one's interview.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
justwise:

Why do we struggle to understand simple English language?

Because it's not our mother tongue grin

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2019
Brown2Green:

The Case for AP is created a day before one's interview.

No, it's after interview. see attached pics for how it looks before interview. after interview, it changes to administrative processing

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Porpor: 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2019
TWoods:

I don’t like to bear bad news either but I see the misinformation peddled here too often. If you are on AP, you were technically refused a visa or considered ineligible for the visa under section 221g. You were not approved.

Here is information you should read through - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/administrative-processing-information.html

As noted, you are only permitted to request about the status of a 221g after 180 days of your visa interview or submission of requested information. Bottom line; plan well in advance.
Can you sound positive in your comments for once? There's a way you'll pass a comment, and a fellow would still feel good with failure staring them on the face. You are a good writer, no doubt, but you also need to rewire your mind to be able to tell that fellow the stark truth without hurting them. Everything looks bleak with you. For you, nothing is ever gonna work because in your conclusion, "we are too fraudulent, vain minded and conveniently religious".

Whatever happens, Nigeria is my home and I'd never deny it. I pray those words would guard your comments going forward.

16 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
Porpor:
Can you sound positive in your comments for once? There's a way you'll pass a comment, and a fellow would still feel good with failure staring them on the face. You are a good writer, no doubt, but you also need to rewire your mind to be able to tell that fellow the stark truth without hurting them. Everything looks bleak with you. For you, nothing is ever gonna work because in your conclusion, "we are too fraudulent, vain minded and conveniently religious".

Whatever happens, Nigeria is my home and I'd never deny it. I pray those words would guard your comments going forward.

you said my mind. what we have in that link he posted is odd for Nigerians since most bank statements are subject to further verification. I will say what they meant in that link is the 221(g) refusal

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
Time2win:

No, it's after interview. see attached pics for how it looks before interview. after interview, it changes to administrative processing

When it changes to AP look at the details of date for Case Created and Case Last Updated you'll understand my point.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2019
Time2win:

My view applies to only Nigerians. you can observe the process yourself. I shared based on what I observed

Your view is what it is, yours only. What AP is and how it works is clearly spelled out by the US consulate. It seems Nigerians prefer to create their own reality.

The AP process is not unique to Nigerians. Indian immigration threads (either for F or H visa applicants) have entire message boards devoted to it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 4:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
Porpor:

Feel free to prove otherwise.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 4:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
Brown2Green:

When it changes to AP look at the details of date for Case Created and Case Last Updated you'll understand my point.

yeah, I understand your point. I observed everything myself. let me attach a full screenshot for you to understand where I am going. The screenshot shows your application looks like a day to your interview, before that, it will be showing no status.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 4:48pm On Aug 06, 2019
Time2win:

yeah, I understand your point. I observed everything myself. let me attach a full screenshot for you to understand where I am going. The screenshot shows your application looks like a day to your interview, before that, it will be showing no status.
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Porpor: 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
TWoods:

Feel free to prove otherwise.
You are a Nigerian. By induction, I could also say you're guilty of those charges: you are my proof that we are too fraudulent. Feel free to prove otherwise.

14 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
Time2win:

you said my mind. what we have in that link he posted is odd for Nigerians since most bank statements are subject to further verification. I will say what they meant in that link is the 221(g) refusal

Not true. This is an artifact of the Nigerian predilection for fraud.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2019
TWoods:

Not true. This is an artifact of the Nigerian predilection for fraud.

I am talking of current development. you should understand that it has been long you left and alot has changed. Most (not all) bank statements are subject to verification.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2019
100% fact

Time2win:

See, things has changed since Twoods left the country. the way he sees thing is different from what is actually happening. Due to the fraudulent act of Nigerians, the Visa officers decided to be verifying most bank statement as many have been caught with fake bank statement. This has caused many to be put on administrative processing. so i understand fully where he is going. Being on AP does not equate to refusal as far as Nigeria is concerned.

You are not a Visa officer here to determine if they are bound to verify or not. you don't have any right to say such though and also before you comment, try to understand what is actually going on, before jumping in
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2019
A little advise bro.. If you ever have to deal with people hoping for something they've worked hard for, the best you can be is be positive and not dishing out negativity in the name of being non-emotional, now with your negative comments, how do you think you've helped them?.. You've probably increased their blood pressure by 1000m/s, we know our comments here won't help their case or quicken it, but at least being positive will give them the much needed comfort they need in this hard times.. AP is a torture, I know it cos I was on for 45 days and i remember asking people for advise then, everyone told me to be patient and I would get it but I remember you saying I have a problem due to the large inflows in my bank statemnt, I had big tension that night.. Thanks to people that encouraged me.... so pls take away your bad mouth and be positive for once..... Apologies for using the word bad mouth

TWoods:

Read what I wrote, and also read the link I posted directly from the US consulate, don’t simply comment based on emotion. An AP is technically a refusal. That you are put on AP does not mean you will not be issued a visa if the VO decides that you are eligible for the visa after reviewing your case.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Janet200: 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2019

22 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2019
Justabama:
A little advise bro.. If you ever have to deal with people hoping for something they've worked hard for, the best you can be is be positive and not dishing out negativity in the name of being non-emotional, now with your negative comments, how do you think you've helped them?.. You've probably increased their blood pressure by 1000m/s, we know our comments here won't help their case or quicken it, but at least being positive will give them the much needed comfort they need in this hard times.. AP is a torture, I know it cos I was on for 45 days and i remember asking people for advise then, everyone told me to be patient and I would get it but I remember you saying I have a problem due to the large inflows in my bank statemnt, I had big tension that night.. Thanks to people that encouraged me.... so pls take away your bad mouth and be positive for once..... Apologies for using the word bad mouth

Let’s be honest, those who apply with genuine documents have no need to fear. As the Bible said - the wicked runs when no man is pursuing him. Go figure.

I don’t see this same level of irrational fear with any other group I have encountered at foreign consulates.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
Janet200:

TWOODS de behave like who he Akata wife wen he marry for paper de frustrate since no neighbor to pour he aggression on cos for America you no fit know your neighbor, he go come here de pour he aggression on people. The thing de pain am say people de travel. If he like make he carry he head knack wall people de leave Naija everyday, the one wen wan come back go come back the one wen wan stay like am go stay

There is no better microcosm of the Nigerian problem than the above screed.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by toyinbeau: 7:01pm On Aug 06, 2019
This TWOOD ehn.. dey chop shit

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lizzy44544: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
TWoods:

Let’s be honest, those who apply with genuine documents have no need to fear. As the Bible said - the wicked runs when no man is pursuing him. Go figure.

I don’t see this same level of irrational fear with any other group I have encountered at foreign consulates.
Resumption is the reason for panick not false documents

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amb001: 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2019
AP is not denial. The VO told me congrats on my visa approval ( if the SOA come out genuine) with a beaming smile on her face. How is that equal to denial?
Twoods, u don't know everything. And that is my observation here. No one knows it all here and there are no absolute cases or truths in a visa interview

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2019
AP this AP that...English is the issue...Technically Issued, Technically Refused. I asked my VO specifically what she meant by "I'm placing you on AP" ...She replied I'm going to verify if this Bank Statement I have with her is real, told her go ahead. I knew the account was real and I also know the bank will never disclose to the embassy how much is in the account, I was lucky to know that AP varies..some AP are attached to Names you bear "FBI flagged names" also not only Nigerians experience AP, Visit Quora and search US visa Administrative Processing you'd be surprised. And not only F1 experience it..From what I know, F1 is even the baby of AP, you see those Hs and Bs na them be the father of AP. The US embassy are just being cautious of who comes in and out and how you'll care for yourself when you come into their country. If you are on AP pls block out any other person's advice or opinions, they are not the US embassy, pray and hope, if u can fast do it....At the end of the day I pray we all get approved.

12 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2019
amb001:
AP is not denial. The VO told me congrats on my visa approval ( if the SOA come out genuine) with a beaming smile on her face. How is that equal to denial?
Twoods, u don't know everything. And that is my observation here. No one knows it all here and there are no absolute cases or truths in a visa interview

You all keep repeating this same false nonsense. An AP is a refusal... that is the fact, irrespective of the evidence-free emotional hubris here. I didn’t claim to know anything, I provided the direct link from the US consulate, clearly explaining what the AP process is.

The VO did not grant you a visa because on its face, your SOA renders you ineligible. However he/she feels you may be eligible if your SOA is genuine and proves you do have the funds necessary. That’s the process, read up on it instead of relying on your emotions.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2019
Swerveking14:
AP this AP that...English is the issue...Technically Issued, Technically Refused. I asked my VO specifically what she meant by "I'm placing you on AP" ...She replied I'm going to verify if this Bank Statement I have with her is real, told her go ahead. I knew the account was real and I also know the bank will never disclose to the embassy how much is in the account, I was lucky to know that AP varies..some AP are attached to Names you bear "FBI flagged names" also not only Nigerians experience AP, Visit Quora and search US visa Administrative Processing you'd be surprised. And not only F1 experience it..From what I know, F1 is even the baby of AP, you see those Hs and Bs na them be the father of AP. The US embassy are just being cautious of who comes in and out and how you'll care for yourself when you come into their country. If you are on AP pls block out any other person's advice or opinions, they are not the US embassy, pray and hope, if u can fast do it....At the end of the day I pray we all get approved.

Including the fraudulent ones I guess? Ridiculous.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
TWoods:

You all keep repeating this same false nonsense. An AP is a refusal... that is the fact, irrespective of the evidence-free emotional hubris here. I didn’t claim to know anything, I provided the direct link from the US consulate, clearly explaining what the AP process is.

The VO did not grant you a visa because on its face, your SOA renders you ineligible. However he/she feels you may be eligible if your SOA is genuine and proves you do have the funds necessary. That’s the process, read up on it instead of relying on your emotions.

While it might be worded as a refusal on offical document it doesnt appear that the reality https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/administrative-processing-information.html

AP is more of additional checks which really most embassy do as part of their process like UK and Canada . .... I dont think its a refusal , but more like US embassy is too lazy wink to check all so they randomly select some applicants and do additional checks instead of checking everybody

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
TWoods:

Well this is your understanding, allow us to device our own understanding as far as we get what we want.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

AP is more of additional checks which really most embassy do as part of their process like UK and Canada . .... I dont think its a refusal , but more like US embassy is too lazy wink to check all so they randomly select some applicants and do additional checks instead of checking everybody

I guess it's cos of the large number of applicants, putting everyone on AP will slow down the process and that's more work for banks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sosao(f): 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
Me I am tired of reading about AP all day oooo

Please let’s end it ...
whether technically refused or not ... We go get am and we go Dey alright las las

people on Ap like me ...let’s be hopeful we get issued a visa ASAP so we can all resume on time

Make nobody put fear for our mind again Abeg ...e don do ooo

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

The above is untrue.

It’s not a matter of opinion. Here are the facts - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/administrative-processing-information.html

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2019
Time2win:

Well this is your understanding, allow us to device our own understanding as far as we get what we want.

See the link above. It really isn’t rocket science.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
Time2win:

I guess it's cos of the large number of applicants, putting everyone on AP will slow down the process and that's more work for banks.

Not true. Everyone who applies for a change in immigrant status is required to undergo an FBI background check. There are far more people in this bucket than F1 applicants in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.