Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1371050 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 6:38am On Aug 07, 2019
Zeyzuh:
Yes it's F1

You must have picked Immigrant instead of Non Immigrant.

Be careful what you pick because consistent inconsistencies means you're doing it on purpose.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 6:42am On Aug 07, 2019
JohnnyAmhan:
Hello Everyone

I am presently stranded as my flight to JFK New York was rescheduled to arrive earlier than initial time and my connecting ride to my school is the initial next day..

I am looking for someone I can pass a night with..I am actually scared of getting lost or scammed..

Please Mamas and Papas this great house who can help?

Can you check for Air blm ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flaame(m): 6:52am On Aug 07, 2019
sharwama:

What I'm about to write now is my opinion and nothing but my opinion.
Bold 1: That's a very terrible thing to say in the beginning, it leaves you at the mercy of the VO who now has to rely not just on his or her professional sense of judgement but on the supposed "previous judgement" of a colleague. There are better ways to answer this question. There are words you shouldn't mention at all in an F1 visa interview and Migration or its relatives is one of them!
Bold 2: That you have known a lot about your program doesn't sound impressive. I keep singing it, keep every unimpressive information to yourself at the interview. Define "stronger funds", why not be specific please.
Bold 3: So you were given a conditional admission, does the VO NEED to know about this? I won't say a word.
Bold 4: Please don't say this, I beg you. It's not an exciting fact. You see, most schools cherish international students, we add not just monetary value to them, we also help them preach "diversity", something that has more monetary value, if you know, you know!
If you are sure about the D2L, now that's a beautiful one.
Bold 5: I won't say a word, so you can peacefully sound like a "naive undergraduate" for once grin
Bold 6: I am not sure how I feel, in fact I feel like you had no plans to go to the university, no attempt was mentioned. What is an assistantship job? Guiding and instructing newbies on what exactly? Can you understand my emphasis on specificity? In fact I am tired. So from 2016- now you have been blogging and free lancing. Is this what you filled in your DS 160? Nollywood would probably not buy this story, how much more a VO. Should we blame the previous VO for considering you as a potential immigrant? You are even going for a course that is greatly available here in Nigeria and will be cheaper for your uncle. Ok, I won't say a word.
Bold 7: I am not sure the question about qualifying or not will come up but if it does, don't respond like that please. That's not confidence, that's annoying cockiness. Why not simply smile and let the VO know you trust his or her sense of judgement. Just do back to sender peacefully and don't let village people use you by showing you know the standards of assessment. If I was a VO, I will deny you, you want to teach me my job abi, nonsense ingredients grin
Bold 8: You are trying so hard to paint your sponsor as a very credible one. Don't do that, it shows desperation. Let the SOA do the talking. Shebi they said money answereth all things? If the VO needs more clarity, he or she will ask!
Bold 9: Are you him? Is him you? How can you be so certain when you are neither the owner of the businesses nor the money. The last time he played a major role in your academics was in 2014, a lot has changed, Naira is like a dwarf before the dollar. Why not give a response centered on humility and gratitude that he is willing to help please.
Conclusively, be careful of your choice of words, tone and attitude. They tell the VO who you really are.
I wish you all the best, ok bye grin grin grin
hmmm,i saw your points, they were reasonable and constructive. Thanks so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 7:24am On Aug 07, 2019
justwise:
@All

Please enough of this endless back and forth argument, pages have been taken over by this, it's time to move on or start a separate thread on AR to continue there but enough of it here.

Thank you.

@justwise, you are quick to remove my post and other post that are not insulting, but yet allow the man who provokes the post to go Scot free? That's bad man! In as much that I uphold holiness personally, I find it derogatory to backlash people who could be innocent like the way Twoods do here.. There are ways to drive home a point that can be as strong as a hammer blow.. You can hide this post or ban me here because you are the boss. No offense taken.. You can only be the boss here!

19 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Zeyzuh: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2019
I picked non immigrant..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Flirtyjane(f): 9:19am On Aug 07, 2019
You are very right. That Twoods guy has been feeling like god on this tread and his harsh comments were never deleted by the mod, till he came under serious backlash by many here. The mod just came to his rescue by deleting those comments. The comments were not even insultive. I don't know how someone can be filled with too much negativity.
TheNoble007:

@justwise, you are quick to remove my post and other post that are not insulting, but yet allow the man who provokes the post to go Scot free? That's bad man! In as much that I uphold holiness personally, I find it derogatory to backlash people who could be innocent like the way Twoods do here.. There are ways to drive home a point that can be as strong as a hammer blow.. You can hide this post or ban me here because you are the boss. No offense taken.. You can only be the boss here!

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hadassah777: 9:36am On Aug 07, 2019
I know his type. They always feel like they know how to always get by with everything, like they have it all figured out. But thing is, life humbles them.
Flirtyjane:
You are very right. That Twoods guy has been feeling like god on this tread and his harsh comments were never deleted by the mod, till he came under serious backlash by many here. The mod just came to his rescue by deleting those comments. The comments were not even insultive. I don't know how someone can be filled with too much negativity.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 9:44am On Aug 07, 2019
You guys can keep prolonging this talk or move on.
Like I said, who's on AP is on AP and nothing you say or do can influence the outcome.
So everyone should remain calm and positive.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:44am On Aug 07, 2019
TheNoble007:

@justwise, you are quick to remove my post and other post that are not insulting,

Uncle Justwise i agree ooo with this part ............ Once it comment with Twood, the broom is always very quick to sweep sweep. If in doubt check the next time it happens cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olasijiayo: 9:54am On Aug 07, 2019
My one and only question is ‘ from past experiences, if a student gets the AP status and doesn’t clear off before the school’s resumption date, one just has to defer right ?, so let’s say after resumption the visa is issued, the main question is , will the student have to reapply for visa the next time or not?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 9:54am On Aug 07, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Uncle Justwise i agree ooo with this part ............ Once it comment with Twood, the broom is always very quick to sweep sweep. If in doubt check the next time it happens cheesy

I won't be surprised dear madame!. It is common with some folks... Give them a position, and they will see others as an opposition.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 9:54am On Aug 07, 2019
CptCharlesVane:
@justwise I think you guys should change/modify the way you hide posts from contributors on nairaland, perhaps you notify them first that the post is in violation of stated terms, since there is an edit function for every post, before taking them down. Some contain useful information.

No single useful information, just the same argument that has been going on since yesterday.
When necessary I do warn people before taking down post but in most cases there is no need for that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheNoble007(m): 9:57am On Aug 07, 2019
olasijiayo:
My one and only question is ‘ from past experiences, if a student gets the AP status and doesn’t clear off before the school’s resumption date, one just has to defer right ?, so let’s say after resumption the visa is issued, the main question is , will the student have to reapply for visa the next time or not?

In my opinion, if issued, the visa is for two years, therefore valid... The only thing the student will have to do is to request a new and valid i20 to show at the port of entry!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 9:57am On Aug 07, 2019
justwise:

No single useful information, just the same argument that has been going on since yesterday.
When necessary I do warn people before taking down post but in most cases there is no need for that.

But most of what you deleted weren't insults. he raised some issues which needed to be addressed. you went ahead to delete them all

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 10:02am On Aug 07, 2019
Time2win:

But most of what you deleted weren't insults. he raised some issues which needed to be addressed. you went ahead to delete them all

Yes not insult but unnecessary derailing as people keep repeating the same thing since yesterday then divert to personal attack.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vullia: 10:03am On Aug 07, 2019
Time2win:
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin Calm down guys!!!!

Hello bro ,could you pls assist with your number ?

Preferably your what's app number .

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 10:04am On Aug 07, 2019
LagosismyHome:

You are wrong because Twood's post were among those deleted as well. Broom was not quick to come out as this has being going on for 2days now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by justwise(m): 10:06am On Aug 07, 2019
TheNoble007:

Not only your post were deleted, i removed all posts regarding this back and forth argument for 2pages whether it contains insults or not.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by firstregistrar: 10:19am On Aug 07, 2019
���

waynee2baba:
*PROPOSED TRANSCRIPT

Harvard University
MSc Software Engineering
Fully-funded plus $10k a month as upkeep.

V.O: Good Morning
Me: I hear you
Me: Who you help, sorry, how may I help you?

V.O: Why are you going to the US?
Me: It's on the application form, make use of your sixth.

V.O: So why did you choose Harvard?
Me: Sorry, Harvard chose me, I didn't choose Harvard.

V.O: Wow, so why did Harvard choose you?
Me: Didn't you see my 4.0/4.0 GPA from Oxford? 339 GRE score? You want me to go on?

V.O: (cut's in) Oh no no, it's fine.
V.O: Did you apply to other schools?
Me: Before I walked in here, I filed for a digital restraining order on MIT and Yale. Their pleading has gotten out of legs.

V.O: Interesting... Why did you choose US
Me: Next question

V.O: Any standardized test?
Me: Yes, I actually interviewed Harvard and they impressed me by scoring 40% in the standardized test I set for them.
Yale couldn't even score half.

V.O: Hmmm. What are your study plans?
Me: After graduating with magna cum laude, I'll take a stroll into any FAANG (Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google) at Silicon Valley
and negotiate a
salary of $400k dollars/year and sign-on bonus of $120k
as a Software Engineer.

V.O: So you mean you don't have plans of returning to your home country?
Me: To do what?
V.O: Bode Thomas... 'Bro remember the road that will lead you hom..'

Me: (Cuts in) Tani bro e? Your bro is in Yaba collecting treatment

V.O: One more question, can I see your bank statements?
Me: *passes Harvard University's bank statements*

V.O: Okay, I will be approving your...
Me: (Cuts in) Pardon? Who be this guy?
Me: (Asking crowd) Una know this guy?

V.O: Oh Sorry, It's a great honour to issue you a visa Sir, have this white paper.
Me: Don't be silly, ask Harvard to keep the paper.

House, help me scrutinize this transcript. What are my chances of getting the visa?

Thank y'all for your anticipated cooperation.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wizzyosi11: 10:26am On Aug 07, 2019
justwise:
@All

Please enough of this endless back and forth argument, pages have been taken over by this, it's time to move on or start a separate thread on AR to continue there but enough of it here.

Thank you.
@justwise....Please I think it is necessary to create an AP thread, so that people in same situation or that had similar experience can share their experiences, expections, questions and plan on the way forward...thank you

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 10:31am On Aug 07, 2019
Wizzyosi11:

@justwise....Please I think it is necessary to create an AP thread, so that people in same situation or that had similar experience can share their experiences, expections, questions and plan on the way forward...thank you

It's not neccessary. There is nothing required of you when you are on AP and there is nothing you can do about it except if they ask for any other documents. You are just giving yourself unnecessary panick if you come to nairaland to ask about AP.

Enough of all these AP palaver

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 10:42am On Aug 07, 2019
Vullia:

Hello bro ,could you pls assist with your number ?

Preferably your what's app number .

Thanks

send a PM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wizzyosi11: 10:46am On Aug 07, 2019
Ww

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 10:50am On Aug 07, 2019
Wizzyosi11:

Well, that is your own opinion....if you are not on AP or haven't been, permit me to say "your opinion doesn't hold water"
You are always free to create a thread and do not need the permission of anyone to do that. So feel free to execute your opinion

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:51am On Aug 07, 2019
Wizzyosi11:

Well, that is your own opinion....if you are not on AP or haven't been, permit me to say "your opinion doesn't hold water"

Truly nothing can be done......... Nobody here has the power to rush or influence the AP process, neither does anyone here work in the embassy. Also one size doesnt fit all , some experiences might be similar but really each application under AP is unique

It best to go about doing other things to remove your mind from it , so you dont have high BP.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nonso16(m): 11:44am On Aug 07, 2019
VO: Good Morning
Me: Good morning

VO: Where are you going to?
To pursue my master in CYBERSECURITY where I'll be majoring inn computer and information system security.

Vo: why EIU
I picked EIU because eiu embraces Diversity and inclusion and EIU are know for there dedicated and highly qualified faculty. I have also had good conversation with my faculty coordinator, Prof Chinchilla...cuts me

Vo: What will this degree do for you

A degree from a prestigious Uni like EIU will give me the advance skills and knowledge to be able to take up more prominent roles at my current place of employment and also in a few years time I'll be managing my father's business where I'll be applying this knowledge to tackle the issue of cybersecurity in my Father's company.

Vo: did you write any test
Yes I wrote PTE, But it was waived

Vo: No gre or toelf
. No, I only wrote PTE and it was waived

VO: Have you been refused before?
Yes USA and Canada, Feb 14 & June 27

Vo: Have you travel before?
Yes, Ghana

Vo:Why
My dad owns a company in Nigeria and we have 4 other outlets in some west African countries, so I travel once in a month to supervise the operation.

Vo: Can I see your sponsors bank statement.
Passed it.

Vo: You tuition is 25k but your closing balance is 15k, who will cover the remaining balance...My dad sir

Vo: cuts in and said Okay.

Vo: kept on typing for 1-2mins and handed me refusal paper.

Mind you, inflow is 200+ from Feb until date

Gurus in the house, I need your candid advise

Resumption is 19th Aug, I don't even know what to do again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nonso16(m): 11:45am On Aug 07, 2019
Abuja embassy
Interview : 09
A male

Nonso16:

To pursue my master in CYBERSECURITY where I'll be majoring inn computer and information system security.

I picked EIU because eiu embraces Diversity and inclusion and EIU are know for there dedicated and highly qualified faculty. I have also had good conversation with my faculty coordinator, Prof Chinchilla...cuts me

A degree from a prestigious Uni like EIU will give me the advance skills and knowledge to be able to take up more prominent roles at my current place of employment and also in a few years time I'll be managing my father's business where I'll be applying this knowledge to tackle the issue of cybersecurity in my Father's company.

Yes, Ghana

My dad owns a company in Nigeria and we have 4 other outlets in some west African countries, so I travel once in a month to supervise the operation.

Passed it.

Vo: You tuition is 25k but your closing balance is 15k, who will cover the remaining balance...My dad sir

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2019
Guys on AP, any update
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hadassah777: 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nope
You?
Unstoppable100:
Guys on AP, any update
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jesmond3945: 12:52pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nonso16:

Yes, Ghana

Passed it.

this your papa company no get name?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nonso16:

Yes, Ghana

Passed it.

In why did you pick EIU, you just said the words on the schools website. You really shew no reason for choosing EIU.
Which school has no Diverse Culture? Or which school doesn't have dedicated faculty?

From your first 10 words the VO know if you're making sense or not.

What will this degree do for you?
Another disconnect. You're talking about your Father's business when you're not going for MBA.

Cybersecurity ?

Why this school and Why this course was enough for the VO to make his decision. And that Window 9 VO is very thorough.

Contact your school and inform them of your situation.. So they are on standby to defer if you cannot get Early date before resumption.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.