Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1359104 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 20, 2019
Good Morning,
I was wondering if one can go to the embassy with an SOA that ended in June for an interview in August. The SOA is from June last year to this year. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 7:18am On Aug 20, 2019
God! We did not go to school in Nigeria. Our universities are so damn right shitty! ��‍♂️

Whatever you need to do, please do, but make sure you get this abroad education. God �

I weep for Nigeria abeg.

Toured my school yesterday, and all I can do is curse our leaders. I’ve always known that we’re backward, but it slaps differently when you get to see a real standard for comparison.

I won’t lie, we’re not getting there at all.

Good luck to those applying this spring and next fall.

28 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 8:04am On Aug 20, 2019
OgogoroDegree:

When was your interview?
July 25 Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AgreatMan: 8:35am On Aug 20, 2019
iwriterng:
God! We did not go to school in Nigeria. Our universities are so damn right shitty! ��‍♂️

Whatever you need to do, please do, but make sure you get this abroad education. God �

I weep for Nigeria abeg.

Toured my school yesterday, and all I can do is curse our leaders. I’ve always known that we’re backward, but it slaps differently when you get to see a real standard for comparison.

Na so, once we all cross to the other side, we begin to curse where we came from.

That "shitty" BSc you and I got from the Shit-hole was enough to get you an Msc admit and perhaps, an assistantship.

That "shitty" BSc placed you and I on the same level with fellow American graduates, Chinese, Indians etc. The same BSc made a lot of Nigerians among the top in their graduating class. Everything is a ladder to another greater thing. Without d transcript from that our "shitty schools;" we will never get admitted to something better.

that Bsc was not so shitty afterall.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:54am On Aug 20, 2019
AgreatMan:

Na so, once we all cross to the other side, we begin to curse where we came from.

That "shitty" BSc you and I got from the Shit-hole was enough to get you an Msc admit and perhaps, an assistantship.

That "shitty" BSc placed you and I on the same level with fellow American graduates, Chinese, Indians etc. The same BSc made a lot of Nigerians among the top in their graduating class. Everything is a ladder to another greater thing. Without d transcript from that our "shitty schools;" we will never get admitted to something better.

Curse or said how it is ..... Nigeria is behind and getting worse in a lot of areas. Let call it for what it really is

I guess we should be thankful that others are more liberal and still give second chances by accepting shitty things with a bid to bring out the best in all .

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgogoroDegree: 9:23am On Aug 20, 2019
AgreatMan:

Bro your reasoning is just too bitter I can't find any trace of curses in those words but all I see is just the bitter truth ..............Our education system is not working n we know that!
We are far behind this people n we know it.

But come to think of it we are from an English speaking country n we were thought in English n our certificate is written in English n we re still told to write proficiency test.

Well I know the last statement is arguable.. grin

grin

But bro please don't take my words personal..... grin

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 20, 2019
Pls whose visa has been issued recently, i need encouragement

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BuBuWonder1: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2019
Unstoppable100:
Pls whose visa has been issued recently, i need encouragement

Any AP update in the house?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 11:46am On Aug 20, 2019
AgreatMan:

Quite sad that you missed the point in my post.

It’s good that you’re positive though. But the truth is, the system is terrible. Imagine having a system as amazing as this in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hadassah777: 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ogbuibe2nice and Swerveking, any update on your visa application or you've both disappeared to the US?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
iwriterng:

I weep for Nigeria abeg.

American schools were not built by angels. Our schools are simply reflections of who we are... not these “leaders” we love to blame for everything. Schools work here on the honor system... professors here take their jobs seriously, students also do not cut corners, do not offer bribes, don’t apply based on fraudulent documents and work hard rather than abdicating their responsibilities to a “god” we don’t reverence anyway.

The people here complaining about our schools are the same people who excuse casual lies and deliberate omissions at visa interviews, as long as you “get your visa”. Remove every American at Harvard and replace them with Nigerians, it will become a hellhole in 5 years.

Several things I learned in my time here:
1. Americans take time incredibly seriously. We laugh away our time based on “African time”.
2. Nobody here will ever dream about stealing money meant for salaries, or books, or facilities... how many of you here can honestly say you’re not going to school on money your parents obtained through crooked contracts? Do your parents count in the “leaders” you curse?
3. People here think of community first... Nigerians think of me first.

I could go on and on, but you get the point.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 4:50pm On Aug 20, 2019
Hadassah777:
Ogbuibe2nice and Swerveking, any update on your visa application or you've both disappeared to the US?
lol...nothing yet from here oooo...how I wish
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BuBuWonder1: 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
Swerveking14:
lol...nothing yet from here oooo...how I wish

When was your interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2019
BuBuWonder1:

When was your interview?
July 25th o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2019
Blackboydre:
Hey guys,

How is the extension letter from the DSO? The one I can take to the CBP at the POE explaining why I'm arriving later than stated.

Is it in a document format or...

Ask your DSO. You will also need an updated I-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 7:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
TWoods:

This is silly. How does a diploma in American culture help you get a job as an administrative assistant in Nigeria where >50% of youths are essentially jobless? You think you're going to convince anyone with that obvious lie?

Lol at Twoods. *not just >50% of youths..
>50% of university educated youths

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharmz(m): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
Schrodinger1:
Good Morning,
I was wondering if one can go to the embassy with an SOA that ended in June for an interview in August. The SOA is from June last year to this year. Thanks.

Yes you can
Mine ended in March and my interview was August 8th but be prepared to answer questions about it when asked why it ended in June.

Mine answer basically was - that was what I presented during my admission process and wouldn't want to create any form of suspicion if I use an updated one.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BuBuWonder1: 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2019
Swerveking14:
July 25th o

Do you know if your bank has been contacted to verify your SOA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mudicua: 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
I beg to differ on this.
It is not okay oooo.
This is a simple rule, to show original documents at POE. If he does not want trouble, let him just kukuma do the needful.

This one is a rule of thumb... original docu,menets must be presented at the POE.
I am surprised he was able to do his visa interview without original i20

Brown2Green:

It should be ok.
Make the print out in HD if possible.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
BuBuWonder1:

Do you know if your bank has been contacted to verify your SOA?
I donk know o... I only made sure my sponsor pumped more money into the account
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BuBuWonder1: 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2019
Swerveking14:
I donk know o... I only made sure my sponsor pumped more money into the account

Just wondering how fast verifications may be
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 10:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
BuBuWonder1:

It will end in praise
Amen o...since when have u been on ap
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by YoungDreamer: 10:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 12:04am On Aug 21, 2019
Living Up To Your Name
YoungDreamer:
Who is preparing for SAT, let's rub minds together. How possible is it to make 1500/1600 because that's what I aim at to secure a full ride scholarship.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by richforever1: 12:08am On Aug 21, 2019
wink
waynee2baba:
Living Up To Your Name
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 12:28am On Aug 21, 2019
Hahaha a study in American Culture will get you an administrative assistant job in Nigeria?
V.O go be like: Oga we buy your story, but you no give us change cheesy

Your lie get negative IQ.
DammyNwodo1999:

I graduated from high school last year 2018, so am going for a 20 months program in America to study English and American Culture, This program will enable to secure the post of an administrative assistant upon my return and international exposure will be a valuable asset upon my return. ( Am 20 years old, am married with a daughter and work as a Clerk in an Education Board)

My F1 Visa was denied in Abuja 2days ago.
This is my TRANSCRIPT

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AmALeo: 2:22am On Aug 21, 2019
TWoods:

American schools were not built by angels. Our schools are simply reflections of who we are... not these “leaders” we love to blame for everything. Schools work here on the honor system... professors here take their jobs seriously, students also do not cut corners, do not offer bribes, don’t apply based on fraudulent documents and work hard rather than abdicating their responsibilities to a “god” we don’t reverence anyway.

The people here complaining about our schools are the same people who excuse casual lies and deliberate omissions at visa interviews, as long as you “get your visa”. Remove every American at Harvard and replace them with Nigerians, it will become a hellhole in 5 years.

Several things I learned in my time here:
1. Americans take time incredibly seriously. We laugh away our time based on “African time”.
2. Nobody here will ever dream about stealing money meant for salaries, or books, or facilities... how many of you here can honestly say you’re not going to school on money your parents obtained through crooked contracts? Do your parents count in the “leaders” you curse?
3. People here think of community first... Nigerians think of me first.

I could go on and on, but you get the point.

Reading the above, I had to scroll back up to see who it was... Not surprised it was you at all.

Nice having you back here. I really respect your reasoning and perception on things...
Please don't stop speaking the way you do, cos I will never stop reading and agreeing with you on most subject.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 3:30am On Aug 21, 2019
iwriterng:

I weep for Nigeria abeg.

I beg to differ.
The school you're are so much detesting is the platform for Nigerians getting money in the bag via TA/GA/RA and lots of generous scholarship.

The Nigerian degree is even more valued and respected outside Nigeria than in Nigeria.

You can barely see a school in Nigeria that will accept you into a masters program with a HND.

Our Schools are messed up, not our degrees.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 4:16am On Aug 21, 2019
Brown2Green:

I beg to differ.
The school you're are so much detesting is the platform for Nigerians getting money in the bag via TA/GA/RA and lots of generous scholarship.

The Nigerian degree is even more valued and respected outside Nigeria than in Nigeria.

You can barely see a school in Nigeria that will accept you into a masters program with a HND.

Our Schools are messed up, not our degrees.

Kindly read my comment again.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BuBuWonder1: 4:58am On Aug 21, 2019
Last month
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by YoungDreamer: 6:21am On Aug 21, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.