Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361620 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 11:19am On Oct 14, 2019
kayzee2374:
Thanks for the response sir
Is it a must that the sponsor's surname should be the same as mine or does it reduces the chance of getting a visa approved?

it's not a must.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bidemi1190: 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2019
Please house, do I need to get my recommendation letter before admission or after admisssion. Should they be addressed to the various schools or generic?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cupid101: 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2019
Abeg oo any aid
Cupid101:
Good Morning house please I need a suitable hotel I can stay in Abuja close to the embassy thanks which is affordable thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kayzee2374(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
Ok sir..appreciated
Time2win:

it's not a must.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2019
bidemi1190:
Please house, do I need to get my recommendation letter before admission or after admisssion. Should they be addressed to the various schools or generic?
Does generic sound good to you? Do you have any idea how many persons are seeking the same admission as you are? So here's the thing:
Most schools will require your recommenders to upload their recommendations letters online via a portal as soon as you input your recommenders email address.
Now, you can decide to see the letters or you can waive your rights to view the letters. I suggest you waive your rights. Some professors don't feel comfortable writing a LOR if they know you would read it, it kinda says "you don't trust me"
So your Professors need to write their own letters and this plays a huge role in determining if you will get admitted or not.
In summary, the Letter "qualifies" you for "admission consideration"

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bidemi1190: 4:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
Thanks sharwama
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 7:27pm On Oct 14, 2019
Damilare5882:
Hello everyone, I will be so grateful if I can get anyone that can put me through the green card process without using a lawyer. I got married to my beautiful wife a the beginning of this year. Thank you.

Are you presently an F1 visa holder? or a potential IR recipient from Nigeria?

If its the former, your spouse should file for AOS for you,

If later, she should file I130 for you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by statemanui(m): 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2019
Hey guys.
Please can I go to my interview with my sponsor's company account statement?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 15, 2019
statemanui:
Hey guys.
From cases posted here, NO.

Only use personal SoA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 4:53am On Oct 15, 2019
statemanui:
Hey guys.
Yes..I did the same
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MissJoy29(f): 5:02am On Oct 15, 2019
NerdyNedu:

Only use personal SoA.
I don't think so... since he's not sponsoring himself, what does he need his personal SoA for?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 6:06am On Oct 15, 2019
NerdyNedu:

Only use personal SoA.

I smell lies
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 6:13am On Oct 15, 2019
pimper24:
thanks , sent him email. Hope he replies in time.

Bros, Have you paid the sevis fee ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kay100: 6:32am On Oct 15, 2019
statemanui:
Hey guys.
Sure, you can go with your sponsor's company account
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 15, 2019
Anyone going to GSU this spring? Let's discuss about the journey ahead kiss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 15, 2019
MissJoy29:

I don't think so... since he's not sponsoring himself, what does he need his personal SoA for?
By personal, I meant the personal account of the sponsor.

I could remember that someone was denied here on this thread and the given reason was using the Company Account, still possible that was a one off reason.

I'm not an expert, I do not intend to mislead.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 15, 2019
wickyyolo:

I smell lies
No lies telling sir, cases are different.

I stated that from cases here, not my own conjectures.

But the one I spotted may be as a result of other reasons he was denied.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 9:34am On Oct 15, 2019
NerdyNedu:
No lies telling sir, cases are different.

I stated that from cases here, not my own conjectures.

But the one I spotted may be as a result of other reasons he was denied.

Cases are different.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 11:36am On Oct 15, 2019
wickyyolo:

Cases are different.
I used my sponsors company account statement, so yes it's not a problem if you take it to the embassy, Only thing is be careful when you are filling your ds160 and also collect the Company's CAC document and a sponsorship letter from your sponsor stating he would sponsor you through his xxxxxxx company.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 11:38am On Oct 15, 2019
Swerveking14:
I used my sponsors company account statement, so yes it's not a problem if you take it to the embassy, Only thing is be careful when you are filling your ds160 and also collect the Company's CAC document and a sponsorship letter from your sponsor stating he would sponsor you through his xxxxxxx company.

Did the VO asked for the company CAC during your interview ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 11:44am On Oct 15, 2019
wickyyolo:

Did the VO asked for the company CAC during your interview ?
Yes she did, they also called the bank and the company also to double check if the statement was legit
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nad95: 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hi, fam. Thanks for all that you guys are doing here. Please I have to some questions to ask and I hope to find answers here:

1. Is there anyone here in this forum/thread who's in the US and studying Medical Laboratory Science at the undergraduate or Masters Level?

2. Is it possible to study Medical Laboratory Science at the Masters Level with a BSc degree in Human and Medical Physiology?

3. Does sitting for GRE and scoring high qualify one for scholarships or it'll be a combination of both your BSc CGPA and GRE?

I really look forward to receiving answers to these questions here.

Once again, thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mfondara: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
Hello House,

Please is it advisable to convert money in my Naira account to USD and lodge it in Dollar account then print the Dollar account for proof of fund?

Please note that the Dollar account doesn't have too many transaction history (maybe less than ten transactions) vs my naira account with lots of inward and outward flow.

Kindly advise.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2019
Swerveking14:
Yes she did, they also called the bank and the company also to double check if the statement was legit

Thanks bro. Thanks for educating us . i have learned a lot today
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 2:13pm On Oct 15, 2019
Nad95:
Hi, fam. Thanks for all that you guys are doing here. Please I have to some questions to ask and I hope to find answers here:

1. Is there anyone here in this forum/thread who's in the US and studying Medical Laboratory Science at the undergraduate or Masters Level?

2. Is it possible to study Medical Laboratory Science at the Masters Level with a BSc degree in Human and Medical Physiology?

3. Does sitting for GRE and scoring high qualify one for scholarships or it'll be a combination of both your BSc CGPA and GRE?

I really look forward to receiving answers to these questions here.

Once again, thank you.
1) I don't know, I wouldn't care.
2) Yes, absolutely yes.
3) When your Dr. Gives you anti malarial and includes vitamin C and panadol. Have you asked why? It's called SYNERGY. These drugs synergize with each other to produce maximum benefit.
Now GRE, TOEFL, powerful LOR, SOP, GPA all work in synergy to get you admission, and improved chances of good funding and visa approval.
End of story.
Next person!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nad95: 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2019
sharwama:

1) I don't know, I wouldn't care.
2) Yes, absolutely yes.
3) When your Dr. Gives you anti malarial and includes vitamin C and panadol. Have you asked why? It's called SYNERGY. These drugs synergize with each other to produce maximum benefit.
Now GRE, TOEFL, powerful LOR, SOP, GPA all work in synergy to get you admission, and improved chances of good funding and visa approval.
End of story.
Next person!!!

Thanks, ma'am. I so much appreciate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sirhamilton(m): 4:16am On Oct 16, 2019
rkarang:
I want to commend you all for doing great jobs here.

I strongly need advice and views bout these grades:

CGPA 4.24/5.0
GRE 286 AWA 3.0
Qualification: B.Sc. Business Admin
Course of Interest: MS Business Analytics

Intending semester Fall 2020

grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mfondara: 9:39am On Oct 16, 2019
Mfondara:
Hello House,

Please is it advisable to convert money in my Naira account to USD and lodge it in Dollar account then print the Dollar account for proof of fund?

Please note that the Dollar account doesn't have too many transaction history (maybe less than ten transactions) vs my naira account with lots of inward and outward flow.

Kindly advise.

Still awaiting advise on this please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kemade14: 10:34am On Oct 16, 2019
Johnolukolade:

If you like, carry an entire pharmaceutical company through the POE.. Over 70% of your posts here are disrespectful! Watch the way you address people.

Have a great day.
Hello, are you still registering GRE?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:38am On Oct 16, 2019
Hello, please is administrative processing of DS-160 Status after interview a normal process for study visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.