Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356236 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MissJoy29(f): 10:41am On Oct 16, 2019
NerdyNedu:
By personal, I meant the personal account of the sponsor.

I could remember that someone was denied here on this thread and the given reason was using the Company Account, still possible that was a one off reason.

I'm not an expert, I do not intend to mislead.
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mzruffy: 11:24am On Oct 16, 2019
Cupid101:
Abeg oo any aid
pls someone should answer this any hotel in abj nearest to the embassy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phrankfree(m): 11:49am On Oct 16, 2019
Please can someone assist me in answering this question, I want to apply for F1 Visa and my sponsor has a foreign bank statement. is it acceptable to use a foreign bank statement instead of a Nigerian bank statement?.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 11:56am On Oct 16, 2019
Phocusjosh:
Hello, please is administrative processing of DS-160 Status after interview a normal process for study visa?
The Waiting game...lol. My first question is "Hope the document the vo took from you is legit"...AP is a normal process if the VO feels he or she needs to verify any of your document, could last a week or looooooonnnnggggeeeerrrrr.�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bhb14: 11:57am On Oct 16, 2019
A Pleasant day house, my transcript for vetting, i am preparing for Nov 1, and they must give me visa or else they wont sleep like king ahasuerus, i would appreciate every word;

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning with a smile
VO: Your Passport and i-20
me: oblidged
vo; why you going to the US
me; To further expand my knowledge and work with Dr ali Imran in the project am currently undergoing(Wireless power transfer) through masters in electrical/ electronics engineering( this is according to my I-20 form)
vo: how did you hear about the school
me: In the course of my research, i came across Dr ali imran, a professor in the school and has carried out researches in wireless communication and network, i shared with him what have done and what i planned on achieving and he asked me to apply to the school and he would be glad to be my research ad visor and that my project needs a little adjustment.
vo: what is my plan after this study
me: i work with Bleep company in nigeria(flashing my I.D card), as an electrical engineer and researcher, once am through with this study, i will be qualified enough to lead the project team on this project(WPT), i have done an online course in project management for BPMA(British project management academy) am a professional project manager but i need to work with someone with a lot more knowledge in wireless communication and this degree will boost my qualification to lead in this company.
vo: who is sponsoring you?
me: my dad
vo: what does he do?
me: he is a business man, and a politician
vo: why would he spend so much on you for this
me; the project is worth it, because if i have a break through in this (to power homes without wires from a renewable source of energy), it will not only affect him, but the whole of nigeria will benefit for this and its a major break through for this country. i have been able to power a dc bulb without wires but as dr ali has said , he believes my project needs a little adjustment.
vo: Can i see your abstract?
me: obliged.

I dont what possible question could come out after this.

What do you guys think please vet. am trying my best to see the possible questions becasue i believe it my answers that will determine the questions they will ask.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amOrpeh: 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2019
1. your dad being a politician is a turn-off. he is a businessman....yea, explain what business he does in details, I'd advise you runaway from stuffs like politics, car dealers and maybe real-estate.
2. Why are you going to the US? is it majorly because of Dr Imran? please bring your key point forward. You're going for your masters degree in.......course and ........school. you can add your other points after this.
3. errm....I'm not so comfortable with your response to how you heard about the school. Although i like the point that it sounds personal but make it more co-ordinated and explicit.
4. there are many more questions you need to prepare for like what courses you'll be taking, how many schools you applied to and why you chose this school in particular, ...
please check the thread for questions.

let me allow the gurus in the house to vet your transcript....all the best.,
Bhb14:
A Pleasant day house, my transcript for vetting, i am preparing for Nov 1, and they must give me visa or else they wont sleep like king ahasuerus, i would appreciate every word;

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning with a smile
VO: Your Passport and i-20
me: oblidged
vo; why you going to the US
me; To further expand my knowledge and work with Dr ali Imran in the project am currently undergoing(Wireless power transfer) through masters in electrical/ electronics engineering( this is according to my I-20 form)
vo: how did you hear about the school
me: I am currently working on a project which is wireless power transfer, in the course of my research, i came across Dr ali imran, a professor in the school and has carried out researches in wireless communication and network, i shared with him what have done and what i planned on achieving and he asked me to apply to the school and he would be glad to be my research ad visor and that my project needs a little adjustment.
vo: what is my plan after this study
me: i work with Bleep company in nigeria(flashing my I.D card), as an electrical engineer and researcher, once am through with this study, i will be qualified enough to lead the project team on this project(WPT), i have done an online course in project management for BPMA(British project management academy) am a professional project manager but i need to work with someone with a lot more knowledge in wireless communication and this degree will boost my qualification to lead in this company.
vo: who is sponsoring you?
me: my dad
vo: what does he do?
me: he is a business man, and a politician
vo: why would he spend so much on you for this
me; the project is worth it, because if i have a break through in this (to power homes without wires from a renewable source of energy), it will not only affect him, but the whole of nigeria will benefit for this and its a major break through for this country. i have been able to power a dc bulb without wires but as dr ali has said , he believes my project needs a little adjustment.
vo: Can i see your abstract?
me: obliged.

I dont what possible question could come out after this.

What do you guys think please vet. am trying my best to see the possible questions becasue i believe it my answers that will determine the questions they will ask.

Thank you

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amOrpeh: 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
Anyone going to SIUE for Spring 2020. Please PM me. Let's plan our journey together
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pimper24: 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
Just a quick one guys. How many month's Bank statement is needed for the interview?
Also does the sponsor need to fill the Affidavit of Support?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pimper24: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
wickyyolo:

Bros, Have you paid the sevis fee ?
Yes I did. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cupid101: 12:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
Please someone I would really appreciate answers
Mzruffy:
pls someone should answer this any hotel in abj nearest to the embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phocusjosh(m): 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2019
Yes, she only took my I20, passport, receipt for SEVIS payment and visa confirmation letter.

The interview was really short and it was approved. It’s one week already but still “administrative processing”.

Swerveking14:
The Waiting game...lol. My first question is "Hope the document the vo took from you is legit"...AP is a normal process if the VO feels he or she needs to verify any of your document, could last a week or looooooonnnnggggeeeerrrrr.�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pimper24: 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
Cupid101:
Please someone I would really appreciate answers
Why not use google. Secondly, it depends on your budget. Bolingo Hotel is just a trekking distance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phocusjosh(m): 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
K

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2019
Phocusjosh:
Yes, she only took my I20, passport, receipt for SEVIS payment and visa confirmation letter.

The interview was really short and it was approved. It’s one week already but still “administrative processing”.

That's why I said it's a waiting game... it's obvious she wants to verify your admission from your school and your sevis fee payment...but don't worry it's all good, only that AP takes time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 12:54pm On Oct 16, 2019
pimper24:
Yes I did. Thanks

Who assisted you on your payment ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kemade14: 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
Please, any legit GRE registrar in the house registering for 45k ?

I have finally summoned courage to write the exam before the year ends.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phocusjosh(m): 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
Interesting. Wondering she didn’t state that after the interview. Also, does the processing times include weekends?

Swerveking14:
That's why I said it's a waiting game... it's obvious she wants to verify your admission from your school and your sevis fee payment...but don't worry it's all good, only that AP takes time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bhb14: 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2019
amOrpeh:

1. your dad being a politician is a turn-off. he is a businessman....yea, explain what business he does in details, I'd advise you runaway from stuffs like politics, car dealers and maybe real-estate.
2. Why are you going to the US? is it majorly because of Dr Imran? please bring your key point forward. You're going for your masters degree in.......course and ........school. you can add your other points after this.
3. errm....I'm not so comfortable with your response to how you heard about the school. Although i like the point that it sounds personal but make it more co-ordinated and explicit.
4. there are many more questions you need to prepare for like what courses you'll be taking, how many schools you applied to and why you chose this school in particular, ...
please check the thread for questions
let me allow the gurus in the house to vet your transcript....all the best.,

ok thanks so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2019
Phocusjosh:
Interesting. Wondering she didn’t state that after the interview. Also, does the processing times include weekends?

it doesn't include weekends
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2019
This group remind me of life and its transitory phase. I see that most of the active users are not those heavily here last Fall.
I bump unto the thread and wanted to say Hello.
The visa approval rate will remain here. Do your homework and go get the F1.

God bless everyone. smiley

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vullia: 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hello everyone

Been trying to fill my DS160 now and there is a part where I have who is paying for your trip.does it means I should put my sponsor s name and contact info or mine,then reason for previous denial. Thou this is not my first time ,I just want to be on a safer side as to be sure of what am filling .can anyone assist with this ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bhb14: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2019
Vullia:
Hello everyone

Been trying to fill my DS160 now and there is a part where I have who is paying for your trip.does it means I should put my sponsor s name and contact info or mine,then reason for previous denial. Thou this is not my first time ,I just want to be on a safer side as to be sure of what am filling .can anyone assist with this ?

yes it is your sponsor name
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kemade14: 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
kemade14:
Please, any legit GRE registrar in the house registering for 45k ?

I have finally summoned courage to write the exam before the year ends.

Anyone? Scammers stay off....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pimper24: 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2019
wickyyolo:

Who assisted you on your payment ?
You can try Walspring. I love his honesty. Though I was in so much haste and couldnt do with him.
My source was quite expensive cos I had just 2 days.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cupid101: 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
Walspring is perfect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2019
kemade14:

Send a PM, I will recommend someone. legit!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kemade14: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2019
4gunners:
Send a PM, I will recommend someone. legit!!!
Post it here so that others looking for such can benefit, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
kemade14:

Ogbeni go to certified and registered GRE centers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
kemade14:

I wouldn't want to post his phone number here. But I can assure you, he is legit. I
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 11:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
kemade14:

I took mine with Mcfedututors last month. They are cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.