Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356844 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 7:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
Yeah I got the admission no funding though, am preparing for my interview as am yet to receive my I20
fairheart:
Yes, it is helpful! Thank you! So, did you get the admission? Any scholarship and when is your interview? If you need any help regarding preparing for the interview, you can PM me. If you've gotten your visa, I wish you the best American can offer!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by trustedward(m): 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2019
Lol I noticed same thing on mine, it wasn’t a mistake, check the year u retook it, it will also b recorded but as “C” that’s how Uniben transcript is interpreted
Sammiel:
I have got a problem with my Uniben transcript that got sent to me recently. A 200 level carryover course I borrowed from another department which I retook and had a C in was recorded as an F for me in my transcript. I don't even understand what is wrong with these people. Despite knowing fully well that no one graduates with an F in a core course in the University of Benin, someone still went ahead to enter an F for me in my transcript.
My elder sister in the US was telling me that I needed to correct it because of the possible implications but I honestly don't know where to start from because this transcript took over nine months and cost me so much resources and lots of headaches as I had to deal with two different departments since I was a transfer student.
I will like to read from whoever has a clue on what I should do to sort it out.
The CGPA is okay except for the unwarranted F grade.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
sipicilia:
Thank you so much to all the people that reached out to me and helped prepare me well for my interview....God bless you all.

MY TRANSCRIPT
Vo: Hello good morning
Me: good morning with a very big smile
Vo: why are you going to the us
Me: I'm going to the us for my masters in public health at University of Illinois Springfield
Vo: why public health
Me: Many experience inspired my interest in public health, I have always had passion for humanitarian services and as such I have volunteered in some NGO, during this time I was opportuned to visit some rural, urban areas and IDP camp where I interviewed and monitored the health facilities, I discovered that most people had little or no knowledge about health as regards disease prevention, treatment and control......
Vo: which NGO did you volunteer
Me: One.org, Queens league, Lagos food bank and antodec foundation
Vo: how many schools did you apply to
Me: I considered 2 schools
Vo: which and which
Me: Drexel university and University of Illinois
Vo: why do you want to study in the us
Me: because the country has one of the best educational and public health system in the world and is widely known for its quality teaching and research
Vo: what's your undergraduate degree
Me: physiology
Vo: wow
Vo: who is your sponsor
Me: my uncle
Vo: (looks at me in a funny way), why is he sponsoring you
Me: he has been very supportive right from.....stops me
Vo: what uni did you go to
Me: university of Illorin
Vo: did he also support you
Me: yes
Vo: what secondary school did you go to
Me: command day secondary school Ikeja Lagos
Vo: what does he do
Me: He is the MD of bleep company that deals on softwares and supply of computers and other ICT equipments
Vo: how old is your sponsor
Me: 41 years
Vo: is he married
Vo: what does the wife do
Me: she has a boutique where she sells kids wears
Vo:how many kids does he have
Me: 1
Vo: how old
Me: 12years o
Vo: do you have a bank statement
Vo: y was this huge payment made on this day
Me: my uncle got a contract that lead to the payment of such huge amount but I didn't ask him, I just requested for he's bank statement
Vo:okay and types for the longest 1min of my life
Vo: I'd be approving you visa..........
Me: thank you.....������
Congratulations... Trumpland is waiting for you. Do us proud.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sipicilia(f): 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
NerdyNedu:
Congratulations... Trumpland is waiting for you. Do us proud.

Thank you..... grin grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NewHeaven3: 2:24am On Oct 21, 2019
sipicilia:
Thank you so much to all the people that reached out to me and helped prepare me well for my interview....God bless you all.

MY TRANSCRIPT
Me: I'm going to the us for my masters in public health at University of Illinois Springfield
Vo: why public health
Me: Many experience inspired my interest in public health, I have always had passion for humanitarian services and as such I have volunteered in some NGO, during this time I was opportuned to visit some rural, urban areas and IDP camp where I interviewed and monitored the health facilities, I discovered that most people had little or no knowledge about health as regards disease prevention, treatment and control......
Vo: which NGO did you volunteer
Me: One.org, Queens league, Lagos food bank and antodec foundation
Vo: which and which
Me: Drexel university and University of Illinois
Me: because the country has one of the best educational and public health system in the world and is widely known for its quality teaching and research
Me: physiology
Me: my uncle
Vo: (looks at me in a funny way), why is he sponsoring you
Me: he has been very supportive right from.....stops me
Me: university of Illorin
Vo: what secondary school did you go to
Me: command day secondary school Ikeja Lagos
Vo: what does he do
Me: He is the MD of bleep company that deals on softwares and supply of computers and other ICT equipments
Vo: how old is your sponsor
Me: 41 years
Vo: is he married
Vo: what does the wife do
Me: she has a boutique where she sells kids wears
Vo:how many kids does he have
Me: 1
Vo: how old
Me: 12years o
Vo: do you have a bank statement
Vo: y was this huge payment made on this day
Me: my uncle got a contract that lead to the payment of such huge amount but I didn't ask him, I just requested for he's bank statement
Vo:okay and types for the longest 1min of my life
Vo: I'd be approving you visa..........
Me: thank you.....������
Congrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 6:23am On Oct 21, 2019
N2B2:

Please, House gurus; my sponsor, who is based in the UK, wants to give me his National Bonds Account statement. Will that enough for the Embassy? Or does it have to be a bank account statement?

Good Morning. Please, gurus.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ekunsgreat: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2019
Vo in the house please help me I was denied on my first interview around May and I want to reapply for spring semester please can I change my course ..?i Studied accounting Edu in school But in my first interview I chose Human Resources mgt so I was thinking if I could change it to finance and management for this spring semester..I need your opinion so that it will be easy for me to defend thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2019
Ekunsgreat:
Vo in the house please help me I was denied on my first interview around May and I want to reapply for spring semester please can I change my course ..?i Studied accounting Edu in school But in my first interview I chose Human Resources mgt so I was thinking if I could change it to finance and management for this spring semester..I need your opinion so that it will be easy for me to defend thanks

You can always change your course.

Just prepare an answer for the question "why did you change your course?" incase you are been asked during your next interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Greatos32: 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2019
Good day guru in the house , av been a silent member of this great forum . pls I need ur help this time I have been denied twice on student visa last year and this year August 2019, and I am going for another interview soon
Me: I'm going to the us for my masters in education
Vo: why ......
Me: I explained
Vo: which and whixh
Me ; I told her
Me: mentioned
Me: my mum
Me: mention
But the issue that , I have a brother in USA and I already mentioned him in my profile and he is through with his program this month and alrealready gotten a work permit . if am asked what does ur brother do , What is going to be my respond . Really need ur help pls.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Greatos32: 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2019
[quote author=Abdulrahmon68 post=79337894]

CONGRATULATIONS to you Bro

Good day guru in the house , av been a silent member of this great forum . pls I need ur help this time I have been denied twice on student visa last year and this year August 2019, and I am going for another interview soon
Me ; I told her
But the issue that , I have a brother in USA and I already mentioned him in my profile and he is through with his program this month and alrealready gotten a work permit . if am asked what does ur brother do , What is going to be my respond . Really need ur help pls.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Sha
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adesegun1: 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2019
Hi guys, please I'm trying to reschedule my interview but don't think I can. The pic attached is what my dashboard is like and there is no link to reschedule.

Please how do I get to do this?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MOM1(m): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2019
4gunners:
This is my prepared transcript. I need your observations and suggestions..

V.O - Where are you going?
Me – I’m going to US for my Masters in Civil Engineering with concentration in Structural Engineering at University of South Florida
V.O - Why are you going for MSc in Civil Engineering?
Me – I really want to become an expert in structural engineering. Having studied Civil engineering in my undergraduate studies, we were exposed just to all the branches of civil engineering but not indepth. Msc in civil engineering will give me advance knowledge in my area specialization which is structural engineering.
V.O – Why masters in U.S and not in Nigeria?
Me – Masters in U.S will not only avail me the opportunity to have sound mix of practical and theoretical knowledge but will also enable me to have international exposure which will give me a competitive edge towards working with multinational oil companies like shell, Exxonmobile
V.O – How many schools did you apply to and how many admit?
Me – 4. I got admit in Michigan Tech Houghton, University of Arkansas - Fayetteville, USF - Tampa and UNH- West Haven Connecticut. But reject from UW seattle and WSU - pullman
V.O - How did you get to know about these schools?
Me – I made use of online portal like thegradcafe, msinus.com, and google to look at schools that matched my profile. I looked at the research interest of the faculty members in my program at the schools and use that to streamline the schools I applied to.
V.O – Why USF?
Me – I chose USF over others because of three major reasons: 1. The weather in Tampa FL is tropical which would be very easy for me to adjust to 2. I’ve been interacting with Prof. Qing who is keen on accepting me to the Green lab where I will researching on greener alternatives to cement- a very important material in the construction industry. This will be a sort of continuation of my undergraduate project, which makes the decision to choose USF easier for me 3. My dept has corrosion laboratory which is one of the very few in US, which will help to determine the durability of greener cement I’ll be working on.
V.O – What are your study plans
Me – I have to complete a total minimum of 30 credit hours which consist of 24 credit hours of coursework and 6 credit hours of thesis. I’ll be taken courses like advanced concrete design, prestressed concrete, advanced structural mechanics, structural dynamics, advanced finite element
V.O – What year did you graduate and what have you been doing since then?
Me – I graduated in Septemeber, 2017. I did my National youth service between November 2017 and Novemebr 2019. I started working in Granny ventures Limited as Facilitity Engineer from January 20019 till this moment.
V.O – Who will be sponsoring your trip?
Me - My uncle
V.O – What does he do?
Me – He is a senior officer in judiciary
V.O – Why does he want to sponsor you
Me – He has always been impressed with my academic performance right from my secondary school days and promised to finance my graduate studies if I could do well in my undergraduate studies, which I did.
V.O – What will this degree do for you.
Me –Upon graduation and completion of my Masters program, I will be highly proficient and skilled in the advanced analysis and design of structures under both conventional and unconventional load which will give me leverage in the oil and gas sector as oil companies like shell and Exxon mobil are continually seeking structural engineering for the design and maintenance of their platforms. On the longer term, I will like to start my own consulting firm, which will focus on providing engineering consulting services in the oil and gas industry.
V.O – I’ll be approving you visa
Me – Thanks.

Cc: fairheart lagosismyhome. I need input of everyone.

Don't make your first reason about the weather.. Never do that

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2019
MOM1:

Goodluck
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:16pm On Oct 21, 2019
MOM1:

Goodluck

I love d sound approach
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tboy0007: 10:48pm On Oct 21, 2019
Hello all,
Am new on this platform, I would appreciate if post are made for hints to successful interview at the embassy.
Also how much is the current SEVIS fee?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ay10yahoocom(f): 9:47am On Oct 22, 2019
but he said WhatsApp only now.
waleski:

Your lines are not going for a week, is that how you will do when it’s time to do business?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by groovychik(f): 10:28am On Oct 22, 2019
Na your type go copy person for Exam and even copy their matriculation number. What has Public health got to do with your Masters in Education? You saw am approval of Solip and just took the public health part verbatim. Good luck

Greatos32:
Me ; I told her

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kay100: 10:48am On Oct 22, 2019
Adesegun1:
Hi guys, please I'm trying to reschedule my interview but don't think I can. The pic attached is what my dashboard is like and there is no link to reschedule.

Have you reschedule before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by statemanui(m): 11:25am On Oct 22, 2019
Adesegun1:

How did your interview go today?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
Cupid101:
Please house is it possible for one to have two sponsors and take both bank statements to the embassy that’s ( father and uncle )

Yes and a section is there when filling form to add sponsor

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cupid101: 2:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
God bless
Walspring:

Yes and a section is there when filling form to add sponsor
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2019
N2B2:

Please, House gurus; my sponsor, who is based in the UK, wants to give me his National Bonds Account statement. Will that enough for the Embassy? Or does it have to be a bank account statement?

Good day House. Still seeking a reply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Is it compulsory that I have a sponsor in order to study abroad cos I have beeen saving and working towards this exercise and I intend sponsoring myself abroad.

Pls Is this acceptable ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgogoroDegree: 3:12pm On Oct 22, 2019
Hello house please what is the available date for previously denied?

Abeg ooo wink
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2019
Goodbloke:
Is it compulsory that I have a sponsor in order to study abroad cos I have beeen saving and working towards this exercise and I intend sponsoring myself abroad.

Pls Is this acceptable ?

Yeap,as long as you have the funds that will cover your total cost for your first year.
And your SOA must be busy with deposits and withdrawals..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
Pefuele:

Yeap,as long as you have the funds that will cover your total cost for your first year.
And your SOA must be busy with deposits and withdrawals..
is age a determining factor compared cos am currently 24years but am also skilled in plumbing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shadbay(m): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2019
olasijiayo:
please can someone help me with a sample of sponsorship letter to back up the SOA, my sponsor wants an idea of what to include. olasijiayo@gmail.com

Please could you help me with the sample too? Thank you. cortezobi@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2019
Goodbloke:
is age a determining factor compared cos am currently 24years but am also skilled in plumbing
24 is absolutely fine
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
Goodbloke:

You are going for which? Bachelor's or Masters?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgogoroDegree: 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
OgogoroDegree:
Hello house please what is the available date for previously denied?

Abeg ooo wink

Please someone should help me out!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 12:08am On Oct 23, 2019
groovychik:
Na your type go copy person for Exam and even copy their matriculation number. What has Public health got to do with your Masters in Education? You saw am approval of Solip and just took the public health part verbatim. Good luck

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.