Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361594 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sipicilia(f): 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2019
N2B2:
Congrats Sipicilia. God is wonderful.

Hey everyone

Please, House gurus; my sponsor, who is based in the UK, wants to give me his National Bonds Account statement. Will that enough for the Embassy? Or does it have to be a bank account statement?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wickyyolo: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2019
bimsale:
how much did u pay?

Pm me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
Phocusjosh:
Anyone traveling/living/residing to/at Mississippi (Verona/Pontotoc/Starkville)?

Are you going to Mississippi State University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
Good day everyone, please my sponsor statement of account is in French format. Will the embassy collect it or I shld translate it to English first?

Thank you all.

As I await your responses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cupid101: 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
Please house is it possible for one to have two sponsors and take both bank statements to the embassy that’s ( father and uncle )
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adesegun1: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2019
Hi guys!
My interview is on Tuesday 22nd October.
This is my proposed transcript.
Please help review and show me my flaws. I will be really grateful. Thank you.

Me: Good Morning Sir
VO: Good Morning. Your passport and I-20

Me: Passes both

VO: Where are you going?
Me: I am going to Franklin University for my Masters in Business Administration degree.

VO: Why USA? Why not Nigeria? Why not Canada?
Me: You will agree with me that education is the US is widely known for its global recognition and reputation which will look great on my resume and help me achieve my goal of becoming a well-respected Business Consultant.

VO: How did you get to know about Franklin University?
Me: I conducted my personal research -school-on-school- and one thing that stood Franklin University out was that the curriculum which carries with it the Business Sustainability & Transitioning course which stands as a major problem in Nigeria and I would love to be a major solution to it. Following the death of the founders, almost every Nigerian business dies; this negatively impacts the Nigerian economy and is a major challenge to be tackled.

I followed up with the Professor in charge – Professor Charles Brighton- and I was very convinced that Franklin is the best place to get this knowledge.

Finally, my current CFO is an alumnus of the school and he highly recommended Franklin to me.

VO: How is this degree going to help you?
Me: Currently, I work as a Finance & Accounts Analyst at Crux Plc and have built a solid foundation in managing the finance of a business. I would love to further understand how businesses operate holistically -by understanding the operations, people and leadership, finance, marketing and sales. This will help me achieve my dream of becoming a Business Consultant so I can be a solution to Nigeria’s dying businesses.

VO: What are your plans after graduation?
Me: I will return to Nigeria; work with a reputable business consulting firm for 2 years to further understand the Nigeria business market. Afterwards, I will startup my own business consulting firm to solve Nigeria’s business problems.

VO: What is your first degree? when did you graduate?
Me: B.Sc. Business Administration / 2015

VO: What have you been doing since graduation?
Me: Immediately after graduation I got a scholarship to study for a mini-MBA program at Lagos Business School through with I got a job at Cruuucc Plc where I have been working as a Finance & Accounts Executive for almost 2 years now.

VO: GRE/GMAT/TOEFL
Me: No

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 2 schools- Northeastern University and Franklin University. Both admitted me.

VO: Why did you choose Franklin?
Me: As I mentioned earlier Franklin has a unique curriculum; the Business Sustainability & Transitioning course stood Franklin University out as it will make me achieve my dream of solving Nigeria’s business problem.

VO: Can you tell me some courses you will be taking?
Me: Corporate Finance, Business Sustainability, Operations Management, HR Management, Leadership, Innovation for Business, Business Consulting, Strategy.

VO: Which course interests you most and why?
Me: Business Sustainability & Transitioning. As explained above.

VO: What do you know about Columbus, Ohio?
Me: Columbus Ohio, named after the famous Christopher Columbus, is the state capital and most populous city in the US state of Ohio with an estimate population of 900,000 people. It is one of the fastest growing cities in the US. In 2013, Forbes gave Columbus an “A” grade as one of the top cities for business in the US and then one of the best places for business and careers.

VO: Who is your sponsor?
Me: My dad

VO: What does your sponsor do?
AES: He owns a rẹal estate company

VO: Your visa is approved!
AES: Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2019
N2B2:

Hey everyone

Please, House gurus; my sponsor, who is based in the UK, wants to give me his National Bonds Account statement. Will that enough for the Embassy? Or does it have to be a bank account statement?

Gurus, please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2019
Cupid101:
Please house is it possible for one to have two sponsors and take both bank statements to the embassy that’s ( father and uncle )
Yes it is
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adesegun1: 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
Cupid101:

Yes. I guess it is.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, Can anyone please put me through on how to structure my letter/email to professors for funding... I'd really appreciate this... Thank. You in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
Cupid101:

Yes,You can be co-sponsored.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2019
Adesegun1:
Hi guys!

Me: I am going to Franklin University for my Masters in Business Administration degree.

Me: You will agree with me that education is the US is widely known for its global recognition and reputation which will look great on my resume and help me achieve my goal of becoming a well-respected Business Consultant.

Me: I conducted my personal research -school-on-school- and one thing that stood Franklin University out was that the curriculum which carries with it the Business Sustainability & Transitioning course which stands as a major problem in Nigeria and I would love to be a major solution to it. Following the death of the founders, almost every Nigerian business dies; this negatively impacts the Nigerian economy and is a major challenge to be tackled.

I followed up with the Professor in charge – Professor Charles Brighton- and I was very convinced that Franklin is the best place to get this knowledge.

Finally, my current CFO is an alumnus of the school and he highly recommended Franklin to me.

Me: Currently, I work as a Finance & Accounts Analyst at Crux Plc and have built a solid foundation in managing the finance of a business. I would love to further understand how businesses operate holistically -by understanding the operations, people and leadership, finance, marketing and sales. This will help me achieve my dream of becoming a Business Consultant so I can be a solution to Nigeria’s dying businesses.

Me: I will return to Nigeria; work with a reputable business consulting firm for 2 years to further understand the Nigeria business market. Afterwards, I will startup my own business consulting firm to solve Nigeria’s business problems.

Me: Immediately after graduation I got a scholarship to study for a mini-MBA program at Lagos Business School through with I got a job at Cruuucc Plc where I have been working as a Finance & Accounts Executive for almost 2 years now.

Me: 2 schools- Northeastern University and Franklin University. Both admitted me.

Me: As I mentioned earlier Franklin has a unique curriculum; the Business Sustainability & Transitioning course stood Franklin University out as it will make me achieve my dream of solving Nigeria’s business problem.

Me: Corporate Finance, Business Sustainability, Operations Management, HR Management, Leadership, Innovation for Business, Business Consulting, Strategy.

Me: Columbus Ohio, named after the famous Christopher Columbus, is the state capital and most populous city in the US state of Ohio with an estimate population of 900,000 people. It is one of the fastest growing cities in the US. In 2013, Forbes gave Columbus an “A” grade as one of the top cities for business in the US and then one of the best places for business and careers.

On your response to your plans after graduation.

VO:So,you want to leave your current job?Why?

Check your previous response to how this degree will help you.You said you currently work in a company and the current course you are pursuing will help to solve problems you are facing.

Your plans after graduation is the same as how the course will help you...Your response should tally!

All your response should be coherent.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kay100: 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2019
Pefuele:

Yes,You can be co-sponsored.

Then if one can be co-sponsored then what do I fill in "who's paying for your trip"..can I put both of them name or how do I go about it?...
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2019
Kay100:

Then if one can be co-sponsored then what do I fill in "who's paying for your trip"..can I put both of them name or how do I go about it?...
Thanks

You only have one option.

It is better to put your DAD.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 1:28am On Oct 20, 2019
sipicilia:
@fairheart @walspring @brown2green @lagosismyhome @sharwama please you guys should help conduct mock interview for me, I really need it� pleaseeeeeee

Sorry dear I'm just seeing this.
I would advise anyone that needs my attention to send me an email.
I will not be active here for some time.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phocusjosh(m): 1:30am On Oct 20, 2019
Yes
Pefuele:

Are you going to Mississippi State University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by odayofunmi: 10:03am On Oct 20, 2019
I finished from FUTA ,estate management to be precise with a 2.41 2nd class lower grade. I need advice on how best I can further in the USA with this grade.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olalekank(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Hi guys

For undergraduate studies, I understand that it is understandable to evaluate transcripts. Several times on the thread, people have talked about evaluating WAEC results using WES

I would like to ask,
1. How long does it take WES to evaluate the WAEC result?
2. Can a GCE (which you did not write in your high school) result be evaluated?
3. Can just the combo of Evaluated WES result, TOEFL and SAT be used to gain admission into US schools?

Anticipating your responses. Thanks

Lagosismyhome, bikeman, fairheart, walspring, brown2green, sharwama
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 11:09am On Oct 20, 2019
Adesegun1:
Hi guys!

1. No GRE / Gmat for MBA?, you sound like an unserious student looking for cheap admission.

2. Choosing Franklin University (unranked) over northeastern University with a 40 tie rank? ( check my attachment). You sounded more unserious.

If you are a Nigerian V.O . And someone told you he chose odududwa University in ife over covenant University in Ota (both private university),

How would your reaction be?,

If truely northeastern gave you admission. Pls reschedule your interview and accept that of northeastern University. You have a better chance with it than Franklin.

My own opinion, I may be wrong though.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adesegun1: 11:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Muleriders:

1. No GRE / Gmat for MBA?, you sound like an unserious student looking for cheap admission.

2. Choosing Franklin University (unranked) over northeastern University with a 40 tie rank? ( check my attachment). You sounded more unserious.

If you are a Nigerian V.O . And someone told you he chose odududwa University in ife over covenant University in Ota (both private university),

How would your reaction be?,

If truely northeastern gave you admission. Pls reschedule your interview and accept that of northeastern University. You have a better chance with it than Franklin.

My own opinion, I may be wrong though.

Thank you for your advice. I'm really grateful.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adesegun1: 11:21am On Oct 20, 2019
Pefuele:

On your response to your plans after graduation.

VO:So,you want to leave your current job?Why?

Check your previous response to how this degree will help you.You said you currently work in a company and the current course you are pursuing will help to solve problems you are facing.

Your plans after graduation is the same as how the course will help you...Your response should tally!

All your response should be coherent.

Thank you for your advice. God bless you plenty plenty.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 11:47am On Oct 20, 2019
Phocusjosh:
Yes

I have sent you a PM.Please acknowledge by responding back.I would like to ask you some questions....Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 11:47am On Oct 20, 2019
Adesegun1:

Thank you for your advice. God bless you plenty plenty.

You are welcome
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 11:55am On Oct 20, 2019
odayofunmi:
I finished from FUTA ,estate management to be precise with a 2.41 2nd class lower grade. I need advice on how best I can further in the USA with this grade.

The first step is to convert your GPA to US standard using WES IGPA free online calculator and see what you get.Then,proceeds to check school requirements for your course.Check TOEFL/IELTS/PTE requirements and GRE requirements.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hammed71(m): 11:58am On Oct 20, 2019
guys is it too late to apply for spring 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
odayofunmi:

2.41/5.0?,

1. Evaluate your cgpa to 4.0 using free wes calculator

2. Use for result to search from google on schools that accepts your "wes result" for your "desired masters course" in USA.

3. Put your personal or family funds together because you have a slim chance of getting funding with that grade. You may lucky for a partial funding if you have higher GRE test score
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
hammed71:

No. Some schools still accept applications until November. However, the only problem is with visa.

You have to wait to get admission,
You have to wait for I20 to arrive Nigeria,
You have to book visa appointment
And you might not be lucky to get a date before your resumption.

So, it's a risk. Try to submit applications. If admitted and was able to get I20 and interview date before your resumption, fine. If not, you can always defer your admission to the next term
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
hammed71:

Not really.Some school deadline is October 31st,some November 1st and some December 1st.So,it is not really late.

Before applying confirm the school deadline for priority funding if you are looking for funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cupid101: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
Please what’s the deadline to submit Ds 160 Because I am always hearing 3 days before your interview
??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olalekank(m): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
Olalekank:
Hi guys

For undergraduate studies, I understand that it is understandable to evaluate transcripts. Several times on the thread, people have talked about evaluating WAEC results using WES

I would like to ask,
1. How long does it take WES to evaluate the WAEC result?
2. Can a GCE (which you did not write in your high school) result be evaluated?
3. Can just the combo of Evaluated WES result, TOEFL and SAT be used to gain admission into US schools?

Anticipating your responses. Thanks

Please, any answers would be appreciated

Lagosismyhome, bikeman, fairheart, walspring, brown2green, sharwama

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.