Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,724 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356115 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 6:45am On Nov 07, 2019
tegipraise:
My people. If you are trying to book your flight for winter 2020, you can consider Emirate Airways. Its a great flight with good review and they are currently doing a promo for students. instead of me to pay 324k, I paid 294k cos of the promo code they gave me at their office. Any1 traveling to New york in January?? Lets hook up

Bro, kindly drop your transcript for the house. it would go a long way.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Americanpizza(f): 7:52am On Nov 07, 2019
Please who knows the current available date in abuja embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Giuseppe1: 8:00am On Nov 07, 2019
Americanpizza:
Please who knows the current available date in abuja embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by YinYang1: 8:53am On Nov 07, 2019
Anyone else placed on Administrative Processing here ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by YinYang1: 8:57am On Nov 07, 2019
IMUSTgoToUSthis:
55-DAYS exactly today in AP! The wait is bloodsapping embarassed. Have written twice to them, response is still ".....still on AP, appreciate your patience,.....". What else should I just do now cry?
Any Update yet ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olandex(m): 10:20am On Nov 07, 2019
Good morning sir/ma, please I made some post but nobody respond to it, I applied for b1/b2 around Nov/Dec 2012 and was denied, also f1 in 2015-2016 denied twice, since then i have been working with one institution and now I want reapply, am an OND holder till now, and the f1 visa was denied because the VO asked for my result from my precious school but I presented statement of result because my result have not ready then but i did not told the VO that it is statement of result and he asked once again, can I see your result which I ask him if he's asking for my SAT,GRE etc test and i told him why i don't do that and he said yes he knows and he's not asking for TA , GA or RA, and I ask if he's asking for result from my precious school and he said yes can I see that ? At this stage I don't know what going on with me maybe fears, I just say have already gave you.. And he said ''oh okay'' I know at that stage he has made up of his mind and he ask about who is sponsoring me and I said my father he has a total of $120k+ worth in his acct and my school fee then is $20k yearly. After that he denied me. Please this time what will be your advice please? I got admitted for spring2020 at WVSU
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:27am On Nov 07, 2019
olandex:
Good morning sir/ma, please I made some post but nobody respond to it, I applied for b1/b2 around Nov/Dec 2012 and was denied, also f1 in 2015-2016 denied twice, since then i have been working with one institution and now I want reapply, am an OND holder till now, and the f1 visa was denied because the VO asked for my result from my precious school but I presented statement of result because my result have not ready then but i did not told the VO that it is statement of result and he asked once again, can I see your result which I ask him if he's asking for my SAT,GRE etc test and i told him why i don't do that and he said yes he knows and he's not asking for TA , GA or RA, and I ask if he's asking for result from my precious school and he said yes can I see that ? At this stage I don't know what going on with me maybe fears, I just say have already gave you.. And he said ''oh okay'' I know at that stage he has made up of his mind and he ask about who is sponsoring me and I said my father he has a total of $120k+ worth in his acct and my school fee then is $20k yearly. After that he denied me. Please this time what will be your advice please? I got admitted for spring2020 at WVSU

Dont know if anyone can really give any feedback. There are so many applicants everyday and the embassy can never give up to 90% self due to the high volume. That is why we recommend do Standardize test to stand you out a bit and also work on your presentation and delivery . The only feedback i can give you is to practice more , go over transcript , practice with someone that can give you feedback and then hope for the best

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 11:28am On Nov 07, 2019
[quote author=Bhb14 post=83808482][/quote]

Almost everyone get the same rejection letter and the color might differ by location so it doesn't matter
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Uriel12: 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Omg! shocked shocked shocked
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dhrogbar: 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
You use money to get more money grin It is a calculated risk and I wish you all the very best.
Uriel12:
Guys why is this sat exam so expensive?
Registration is 70k
Tutorial for a month is 50k
And textbook is around 10k

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 1:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
Resolved
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Broadway5007(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
Dear All,

Kindly help confirm
1. how much is repository fee.
2. How many months bank statement will i need to take to the embassy.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
tegipraise:
My people. If you are trying to book your flight for winter 2020, you can consider Emirate Airways. Its a great flight with good review and they are currently doing a promo for students. instead of me to pay 324k, I paid 294k cos of the promo code they gave me at their office. Any1 traveling to New york in January?? Lets hook up
Fill me in pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Giuseppe1: 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
6 months at least
Broadway5007:
Dear All,

Kindly help confirm
1. how much is repository fee.
2. How many months bank statement will i need to take to the embassy.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Uriel12: 3:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Triose95(m): 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2019
Uriel12:
Guys why is this sat exam so expensive?
Registration is 70k
Tutorial for a month is 50k
And textbook is around 10k

Registration for the SAT is not up to that amount at all and even online tutorials and textbook is not up to that amount.

Dm me for more information, I will gladly help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by harveygordon: 5:23pm On Nov 07, 2019
Stevenssen:

There are free materials on the ets site, and several purchasable materials too.
You can as well check the first post here https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre

I have loads. DM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Uriel12: 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
Triose95:

Registration for the SAT is not up to that amount at all and even online tutorials and textbook is not up to that amount.

Dm me for more information, I will gladly help.

Have you taken the sat exam before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Uriel12: 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
Uriel12:
Please are there any schools that don't require SAT?

??
Anybody?? sad
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by waynee2baba: 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
Uriel12:
Please are there any schools that don't require SAT?

University of Life

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mztatobey: 6:08pm On Nov 07, 2019
yes, definitely there are. But you would be narrowed to good schools you can apply to and scholarship opportunities. It's advisable you write it as it would give you more options

Uriel12:

??
Anybody?? sad
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gospelozy(f): 6:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
Good evening people. My interview is scheduled for tomorrow and I just noticed that the place of birth in my ds 160 is different from my Passport.
Should I re-edit this or just inform the VO before the interview
Please I need help asap. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Broadway5007(m): 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
Gospelozy:
Good evening people. My interview is scheduled for tomorrow and I just noticed that the place of birth in my ds 160 is different from my Passport.
Should I re-edit this or just inform the VO before the interview
Please I need help asap. Thank you

Wow. Dm me. Let’s talk. I had similar issue and was able to correct it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gospelozy(f): 7:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
Broadway5007:

Wow. Dm me. Let’s talk. I had similar issue and was able to correct it.

I have done that Boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by harveygordon: 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Do MBA students get grants or scholarships? I'm asking because most of the tuition fees my bro saw online range between 30 to 40k USD.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by YinYang1: 8:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
Phocusjosh:
Yes, she only took my I20, passport, receipt for SEVIS payment and visa confirmation letter.

The interview was really short and it was approved. It’s one week already but still “administrative processing”.

Hello I’ve been on AP for a bit 4 weeks now. How did you pay the reciprocity fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Broadway5007(m): 8:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
Gospelozy:

I have done that Boss

Sorry. I was driving earlier. I haven’t seen the msg. I haven’t seen the msg. Send a dm on IG @sadiq.lekan
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hades20: 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
I'll do it for 50k for you.
Trusted and genuine.
dhrogbar:
You use money to get more money grin It is a calculated risk and I wish you all the very best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 11:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
Resolved
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Triose95(m): 7:53am On Nov 08, 2019
Uriel12:

Have you taken the sat exam before?

Ofcourse I have, I have replied your email as well, kindly check your email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CephasNMR: 11:42am On Nov 08, 2019
effyzzy:
Visa Approved || Passport collected
Venue: Abuja

Very calm place... Didn't have the usual Lagos rush.
Did the usual checks and biometrics.
I was asked to go retake a passport though... they needed something within the last 6 months. (2k just went like that)

Fast forward to my interview.
A woman in her late 40s. Very calm and friendly.

VO: So you're going to the University of New Mexico
ME: Yes, in Albuquerque
VO: How did you find out about the school?
ME: I did an online research using USnews and Princeton Review on schools offering Electrical Engineering with Communications as a Research area and a faculty with a strong Focus in my area of research interest which is 'Cognitive Radios'
VO: Cog what??
ME: Cognitive Radios
VO: what's that? I've never heard of it (laughing)
ME: Explains what 'cognitive radio' is
VO: Your school is expensive
ME: Yes ma, but I got a graduate assistantship position that fully covers my tution, with very generous monthly stipends
VO: Do you have any document from the school that shows this?
ME: Brings out my Admission letter
VO: They wrote here that it's just for one academic year
ME: Yes ma, it's renewable if I maintain a particular GPA level
VO: in case you lose your funding, do you have support from home?
ME: Yes, My cousin offered to support me in such a case
VO: What does he do?
ME: He's the head of blah blah at blah blah
VO: What about your family?
ME: Yes, my family would be supporting me as well
VO: What do they do?
ME: Explains
VO: Okay, (then types for like 30 seconds, the next thing I saw was that cute white paper) ...'I will be approving your VISA' was all I heard
ME: Thank you ma
VO: Hold on... In a case where you lose your source of funding, what will you do?
ME: I will come back to my country immediately
VO: When does your program start?
ME: January
VO: Make sure you don't arrive before Dec... Or you'll be turned back at the POE
ME: Alright ma, thank you
VO: Good. Take this... Do you have cash for your repository fees?
ME: No ma, but I have my card
(I proceeded to the ATM, made a withdrawal and paid)

Grateful for this thread, as it was very helpful in my preparation. Goodluck to everyone and see you in Trumpland.

GOD ALONE BE PRAISED!!!

Congratulations,

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.