Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356693 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
riogrannde:
Same company I used in applying for my i20. I just didnt have their bank statement at the time i was applying for the Visa. I thought the sponsorship letter was enough..

About my tuition. Sure the dean told me I have right over how I want my scholarship grant to be utilised and I want it strictly for my tuition.

University of Illinois although not top 10, is a well recognised school and the first VO acknowledged that

I trust you have done proper research before wanting to spend 40k on loan and out of pocket.... a masters in law is very different from your ability to practise as a lawyer in the USA.

If you are happy to spend that money and progress back in Nigeria then great. But if u want to take a loan with the plan to be able to quickly pay it off after graduation working as a lawyer then please do your full research well.

Interview subjective so I cant really give you much feedback .other than try again and hope for the best . I wont recommend a significant change in your finances as that will bring a red flag ie sudden loan or sponsorship
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Koats14(m): 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
Good day, everyone.

Does having your uncle/aunt who's resident in the US file for you, apply for you into the closest institution closest to him/her, and is listed as your sponsor for "Student Funding" in your I-20 raise a flag during the interview?

I look forward to learning if it's an added advantage or a shot in the leg.

Thanks for your anticipated input.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Biggggboy: 4:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
Good day everyone please I’m having an interview soon and on my the ds160 form I answered a question that asks if I have been refused visa before which I was refused in January I answered no as it asks on the form if i was refused in the last two months I just want to make sure thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by riogrannde(m): 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
I am not collecting any loan. I got a scholarship. A scholarship I mean not a loan.
Also, I had a sponsorship letter from the organisation, I used that to apply for my i20. I just didn't have the bank statement at the time of the interview

LagosismyHome:

I trust you have done proper research before wanting to spend 40k on loan and out of pocket.... a masters in law is very different from your ability to practise as a lawyer in the USA.

If you are happy to spend that money and progress back in Nigeria then great. But if u want to take a loan with the plan to be able to quickly pay it off after graduation working as a lawyer then please do your full research well.

Interview subjective so I cant really give you much feedback .other than try again and hope for the best . I wont recommend a significant change in your finances as that will bring a red flag ie sudden loan or sponsorship
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Giuseppe1: 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Giuseppe1: 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
Biggggboy:
Good day everyone please I’m having an interview soon and on my the ds160 form I answered a question that asks if I have been refused visa before which I was refused in January I answered no as it asks on the form if i was refused in the last two months I just want to make sure thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sefa2018: 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2019
riogrannde:
I am not collecting any loan. I got a scholarship. A scholarship I mean not a loan.
Also, I had a sponsorship letter from the organisation, I used that to apply for my i20. I just didn't have the bank statement at the time of the interview

So basically the 40,000$ deficit is mostly living expenses. Good luck on your next interview. You will be fine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
riogrannde:

You dont need bank statement for sponsorship.....

Hence if you see the Vo was more focused on the balance so you need bank statement for the deficit . In this case 40k is left even after scholarship based on your transcript .... so what I am saying how will you cover that 40k ? . If it's out of your pocket or a loan just be sure you done your research on it been a wise decision
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rilwan003: 6:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
Gloryemo:

Also,there is a WhatsApp group for those going to APSU this fall, you can PM me to be added to the group chat if you want.

Can you add me to this group
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
Biggggboy:

If the questions asked if you were denied in the last two months, the answer is No.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
Giuseppe1:
Doesn’t matter the month you was refused so it should be a yes
That's not true
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by riogrannde(m): 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2019
True.. thanks much bro.. I just need to know how to put it all together to the VO

LagosismyHome:

You dont need bank statement for sponsorship.....

Hence if you see the Vo was more focused on the balance so you need bank statement for the deficit . In this case 40k is left even after scholarship based on your transcript .... so what I am saying how will you cover that 40k ? . If it's out of your pocket or a loan just be sure you done your research on it been a wise decision
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by riogrannde(m): 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2019
Right bro.. thanks so much
Sefa2018:

So basically the 40,000$ deficit is mostly living expenses. Good luck on your next interview. You will be fine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Uriel12: 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
G
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Uriel12: 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2019
mztatobey:
if that's their requirement, you can always find other schools whose requirements aren't as difficult as that

Thank you so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NewHeaven3: 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
Please Can Someone with experience help me out with this. I'm still not Clarified.
I've got a bank Statement that's dated from June to August 29th, Precisely a US bank statement. Please can this be acceptable in the Embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shadbay(m): 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
Good day all.
Please I need some clarification. I got a 79 page bank statement from my sponsor and I'm to send it together with an affidavit of support to my school for the issuance of my I-20.
Since I'm sending the original statement (they requested for original documents), can I make some coloured copies of some of the pages say front page and back page with pages that are multiples of 10 (pg.10, 20,...)
Is this advisable? Cos my sponsor said he'll not print it twice. Will the embassy have any issues with this?
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
riogrannde:
True.. thanks much bro.. I just need to know how to put it all together to the VO

I am a female cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlakay(m): 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
dhrogbar:
Anyone you prefer can be your sponsor (even your enemy if you have one grin can be your loving sponsor)
grin thanks for the reply bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
NewHeaven3:
Please Can Someone with experience help me out with this. I'm still not Clarified.
I've got a bank Statement that's dated from June to August 29th, Precisely a US bank statement. Please can this be acceptable in the Embassy
No..use something more recent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Uriel12: 9:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Janet200: 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2019
Uriel12:
Good evening guys.
I urgently want to register for the SAT exam, but I don't know how to go about it, I don't know the cost or anything.
Its closing on the 8th of November.
Help will be highly appreciated!

Can someone help me out?! cry cry cry cry cry

Register via college board, SAT with essay $107.50 , create a profile and register
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Uriel12: 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2019
Janet200:

Register via college board, SAT with essay $107.50 , create a profile and register

Thank you so much.
Do I get any study material?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Uczillion: 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2019
smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Giuseppe1: 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
solihp:

That's not true
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Giuseppe1: 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 11:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Nvm, I've dealt with this DS-160 site issue.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 12:13am On Nov 07, 2019
Giuseppe1:
Let’s use me for example I was denied October what would be the answer

It's a straight forward question. October is about one month ago, so the answer is yes. January is 10months ago, the answer is No because the question is asking if you've been denied within the last two months.

If the questions is asking if you have ever been denied US visa without stating the period, whether it was denied in 2018 or 2019,the answer is yes.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bhb14: 5:22am On Nov 07, 2019
solihp:

Please oooo, wait oooo I need explanation I have checked online and am not clear

I was issued a pink slip ,but on it ,its say am not qualified for visa ,what is the difference between pink slip and green slip?, I saw online ,issuing pink means application needs further processing but this one is different oooo ,please tell me

It's a straight forward question. October is about one month ago, so the answer is yes. January is 10months ago, the answer is No because the question is asking if you've been denied within the last two months.

If the questions is asking if you have ever been denied US visa without stating the period, whether it was denied in 2018 or 2019,the answer is yes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 5:26am On Nov 07, 2019
Uriel12:
Good evening guys, I've got a quick question. I applied for a Canadian visa around early September, but I was denied.
I recently started applying to the US, and I know Canada and US share the same database.
Hope the first denial won't cause any blocks?
No, it won't but be truthful. Try and explain why you were denied if you ordered for gmcs note.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 5:34am On Nov 07, 2019
[quote author=Bhb14 post=83808482][/quote] it simply means you can re-apply lol.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tegipraise(m): 6:21am On Nov 07, 2019
My people. If you are trying to book your flight for winter 2020, you can consider Emirate Airways. Its a great flight with good review and they are currently doing a promo for students. instead of me to pay 324k, I paid 294k cos of the promo code they gave me at their office. Any1 traveling to New york in January?? Lets hook up

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.