Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1363519 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
If he's a sole signatory, let him apply for letter of confirmation of signature at his bank to be directed to the US consulate, when asked for the statement, you add the letter to the statement.

Acceptjesus:
Hello NL,

I have a quick question, I am planning of using my uncle corporate account.

Hope there won't be issues?

Urgent response will be appreciated......

If I should mention, I have personal savings, we i have to give my personal statement account?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
N2B2:
Hi House

I'll have my interview at the end of the month. My uncle with the same surname is only willing to provide me his U.K Bond account statement for the last 6 months.

Will this be enough to convince the VOs?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2019
Austin peay university or western Illinois university

crowntoro:
Hi guys.... Which schools can I apply to for Masters In computer science and I am sure they will give me funding?

I need assistance

TOEFL = 77
GRE = 293
GPA = 3.87
B.tech = Computer Engineering

Thanks as I await favourable response

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ashirioluwa: 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2019
Please I need more info....
I want to know if my sister can use HND degree to apply for MS degree in USA.
She has HND degree (upper) in Statistics
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oluezekiel(m): 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2019
Yes to your question.

Search through this thread, it has all the answers and the steps required to be followed by your sister. You can also direct her to this page, it's very simple.

Ashirioluwa:
Please I need more info....
I want to know if my sister can use HND degree to apply for MS degree in USA.
She has HND degree (upper) in Statistics
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kayy88: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hello house
I am a medical doctor and currently work in a Federal medical centre
I got admitted into the public health program for fall 2019 but was denied Visa
I deferred my admission to spring 2019 and was denied again . The VO said I was giving her a generic answer in my last interview
I wanna defer my admission to summer 2020 and reapply again . I am single.
What can I do to get it this time.
I need an answer from the house please. As professional as possible
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by crowntoro(f): 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
amos4real:
Austin peay university or western Illinois university

Thanks for this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2019
kayy88:
Hello house
I am a medical doctor and currently work in a Federal medical centre
I got admitted into the public health program for fall 2019 but was denied Visa
I deferred my admission to spring 2019 and was denied again . The VO said I was giving her a generic answer in my last interview
I wanna defer my admission to summer 2020 and reapply again . I am single.
What can I do to get it this time.
I need an answer from the house please. As professional as possible

Did you explore UK as well. They are looking for doctors

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lexmane(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2019
Y
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by saddler: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hi guys, I need some clarification about an issue .

I went for us visa interview and was denied mid last year. I wanted to schedule another appointment immediately so I can meet up with the date of resumption on my i-20.

So I sent a guy the visa application fee (he was referred by my aunt as someone good in visa stuff) to help me schedule an appointment because at a time there were no interview dates.

At the end he ended up saying there were no dates and I couldn't go for a second interview.

I moved on to other things and didn't ask him about it again till I saw him recently and I asked for a refund of the money I paid to his account.

He said the money is gone that he paid the visa fee and logged it into my account.

I don't understand what he means by that. I simply asked how come I wasn't booked for interview?
So I wanna ask if it's possible to pay for visa fee and log it into an account without a visa appointment with a VO
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2019
Good Day Hard working Nigerian Youths...

I've done a lot of search on schools that offers Agric Economics.

But I'd appreciate it if anyone that has knowledge about schools with good funding in master agriculture will share with me, I am sure I have not covered all schools in USA.
Intended course of study is Agric/Applied/Resource Economics
CGPA is 3.92 of 5.0 (B.Agric)
Taking GRE soon

Thank you guys... Keenly waiting on this information
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kCatalyst: 11:07pm On Nov 10, 2019
lillith:
Good Morning, Guys.
Another silent observer but my visa was approved this morning and I want to give back as I received a lot from this thread.

After the Biometrics , I was directed to a white middle aged lady, that she handles F1 visa applicants.

V.O Good morning
Me: Good morning, maam
VO : why are you going to virginia tech?
Me : I am going there for my masters degree because they are ranked as one of the top 100 universities in the world by world report and usnews and
VO : cuts in...Yes yes I know all the statistics. what do you do ?
Me : I am a mechanical engineer with bleep organization
VO: whats your present level
Me : told her
VO : did you write the GRE?
Me: Yes I did
VO : what did you score?
Me : told her
VO: I see you got an assistantship, how did you get this?
Me : I wrote to the professors whose interests aligns with mine and those that were interested wrote back, then we had a skype interview and I got the offer
VO types for a while then : are you married?
Me : No
starts typing again then I interrupt
Me : I do have study permit from my organization ( holds it up to show her)
VO waves it away : I have made up my mind, go to this window and pay the reciprocity fee and dont arrive after school starts or you might be turned back
Me : ok, thank you maam
VO : one last question, if you couldnt cope and lose your assistanship what would you do?
Me : return home since I cant afford to stay there
VO : Right answer. You come back
Me: Thank you maam

Wow...
Congrats to you. smiley

I will like to ask, just after you mailed a professor asking him/her for phd supervision, and you get the following mail:

It appears that you have a strong research background and I encourage you to apply to our graduate program. Please note that admissions are handled by the Office of Admissions and I am not involved in the process. For further information regarding applications, process and admission related questions, please visit this like......

pls house what does it interprete?

Meanwhile, my intention is for phd funding ooo....

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kayzee2374(m): 2:12am On Nov 11, 2019
Another Tigerwood in the making..lol
Let's learn to appreciate...to write a whole article like what he did isn't easy brooo...he was just trying to express how happy he was when is visa was approved faa.....lets wish him the best and pray for ours aswell coz we r still in the race together boss...cheers.
user4321:

This is just full of self Flattering Platitudes... What's your point exactly, that you took no Standard Exam, and went to Walter Carrington in your Christmas cloth grin grin... Typical of the average Nigerian.... First started by belittling people's attire... Now Journey to the Constitution state in peace

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by saddler: 5:46am On Nov 11, 2019
saddler:

I went for us visa interview and was denied mid last year. I wanted to schedule another appointment immediately so I can meet up with the date of resumption on my i-20.

So I sent a guy the visa application fee (he was referred by my aunt as someone good in visa stuff) to help me schedule an appointment because at a time there were no interview dates.

At the end he ended up saying there were no dates and I couldn't go for a second interview.

I moved on to other things and didn't ask him about it again till I saw him recently and I asked for a refund of the money I paid to his account.

He said the money is gone that he paid the visa fee and logged it into my account.

I don't understand what he means by that. I simply asked how come I wasn't booked for interview?
So I wanna ask if it's possible to pay for visa fee and log it into an account without a visa appointment with a VO

Anyone?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lillith: 6:16am On Nov 11, 2019
I think he is trying to play it safe by not committing himself. In my case my mail has subject 'Application for Graduate Assistant Position' so there could be no ambiguity and I had a lot of profs that said no funds and some that said there is a possibility of funding. But it is not an exact thing, I had one prof that promised to consider me but after submitting application he stopped replying my mails ( Auburn university), I will advise you apply to a lot of schools , the more the better your chances and of course fall term appears to offer more financial aid than spring. Best
kCatalyst:

Wow...
Congrats to you. smiley

I will like to ask, just after you mailed a professor asking him/her for phd supervision, and you get the following mail:

It appears that you have a strong research background and I encourage you to apply to our graduate program. Please note that admissions are handled by the Office of Admissions and I am not involved in the process. For further information regarding applications, process and admission related questions, please visit this like......

pls house what does it interprete?

Meanwhile, my intention is for phd funding ooo....

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 11, 2019
God bl3ss you bro and congratulations
tegipraise:
Thankyou Nairaland Family for inspiring me greatly with your knowledge and experiences. I am a silent reader and I studied this thread like a bible with a jotter and pen from Part 13. I enjoyed both the life transforming knowledge and all the quarrels and arguments cheesy

Visa Approved on the 24th Oct and Passport collected 28th Oct 2019

Graduated with a degree in Microbiology, 2015
Refused study visa 3 times in Canada and the last refusal was March 2019.
This was my first application to the US, University of New Haven. Masters in chemistry for winter 2020
No Gre
No TOEFL
No IELTS
Sponsor: Uncle with different surname
Interview time: 6:45am. Lagos,

I got to the embassy around 5:25am, I saw lot of people already, some even dressed like they just woke up from sleep and some looked like they were just going to greet the VO who is their relative hahahahaha, NOTE: please you must dress well and look smart, imagine you are going for an interview in a bank, how will you dress? not necessarily suit which looks too formal and common. I wore a well starched collarless coffee brown long-sleeves tucked in my light brown chinos trouser with a suede brown shoe. Please don't cut your hair a day to interview, do it like 3 days to, the looks is different. I even did facial massage, use cucumber to remove eye bags and i will drinking lots of water to have white eyes and hydrated skin. grin grin I prepared all round sha. I went in well equiped.

After I did all the bio metrics stuff, I finally entered the interview hall, I was consciously looking for the black american ladies people talked about here but I didnt see them. All VOs were white male. I was interviewed by a young VO in window 1, the window by the entrance door and he approved 4 persons before me but questioned them alot.

VO: Good morning
Me: Hi Good morning, good to see you wink (cheerfully)
VO; Good to see you too ( with a surprise look)
VO; passport and i20
Me: sure (gave him). He typed for few mins
VO: Where are you going to
me: I am going for a research masters degree in chemistry with conc. in drug discovery chemistry at the UNH, Connecticut.
VO: why this schoool
Me: A lot of reasons made me choose UNH but for the purpose of this interview I’ll enumerate just 4;
Firstly, I am very keen and interested in research; and I have a passion for cancer treatment, the chemistry department is currently conducting a research in collaboration with Yale University Scientist and cancer center. This research is focused on laboratory synthesis of natural product and their analogues, polyoxygenated and heterocyclic compounds for the design of drug molecules like antibacterial and anticancer chemotherapeutic agent. The motivation is to discover and develop new approaches, new vaccines and new drug delivery systems and integrating them with experiment into chemical materials like green catalyst and cancer drug to improve survival rate of adult diagnosed with leukemia. (cut in)

VO: How many university did you apply to
ME: Western Illinois University, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada.

VO: who is you sponsor
ME: my uncle
VO: what does he do
ME: He is a renowned financial economist and the chief financial officer and partner of the bleep and treasurer of the bleep bleep.
VO: do you have your reciprocacy fee here?
VO: yes i do
the rest was history grin

I noticed the VO kept reading my D120 form in his system, NOTE: what you fill in your D120 form is very important and it determines your approval or refusal already, the interview seems to, just come and confirm perhaps with evidence what is on your D120 form. Please fill your form online yourself like i did and screen shot or write important information like dates and figures on a paper so you wont forget after you had submitted your form.

Mehn I fasted and prayed oh, even took 14 days to my interview off work. Miracles are real, if not for anything it boosted my confidence and i was alert. I knew who ever will interview me will approve me.
Dont talk too fast or too slow, demonstrate with your hands and use a passionate expression on your face like I did for study of cancer, because its killing our people everyday wink angry sad

Prepare your transcript and act it like home video. I felt like an actor rehearsing for a shot.

God is the ultimate joor, nobody can tell me otherwise. Its my experience.

REMEMBER: Pray it into existence and work it into existence. God bless you all.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:02am On Nov 11, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:02am On Nov 11, 2019
Hi everyone!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:11am On Nov 11, 2019
I am sorry you were denied. But the distance between you and your sponsor is like East to West. My uncle’s wife sister is certainly not your aunt. The relationship title of this person is outside the circle of Aunt. Think about that! I strongly believe the consular noted that and hmm in himself/herself. You can still try again.

airnext:
US Visa Interview Denied.

Heres's my transcript.... Please advise.

WHY ARE YOU GOING TO US?
For a masters degree in accounting at mtsu

Have you paid your sevis fee?
Yes

What would this degree do for you?
It would enable me achieve my long-term goals. Which is to… [cuts me off}

What are your long-term goals?
To establish my own accounting and consulting firm here in Nigeria as I would gain knowledge of US Accounting standards, tax laws and systems which will give me a competitive edge over my peers here in Nigeria.

Why mtsu?
Beside the fact that I was given scholarship, mtsu has robust curriculum as I am to take some prerequisite courses on US accounting principles, auditing & tax laws also they have cpa courses embedded in their program. This aligns with my desire to take the cpa exams upon the completion of my masters as cpa requires that you have a certain credit hour before you can take the exam.

Who is going to pay for the deficit?
My aunt [ I forgot to mention myself also]

What does your aunt do?
She a business partner to several telecom companies in Nigeria.+

How is she related to you?
She’s my uncle’s wife sister

He also asked why I was given the scholarship.... My response was that because of the my undergrad GPA which is 3.87 of 4
He also asked if I was married
His last question was if I had traveled out of the country before and I said no
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:13am On Nov 11, 2019
Her Royal Majesty! I hail thee!
sharwama:
Queens don't book space grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:18am On Nov 11, 2019
sharwama, I cannot count how many applicants you have referred to me. They always point to you, "she said I should contact you, that she's too busy." I know that type of busyness. It's the one you're pelted with another assignment before you finish the one on your table. But it's the only kind of proper education young minds need to rise and develop their nascent potentials. I trust you're doing fine and getting by with good grades.

Still your King, Fairheart grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Omotomi05: 11:27am On Nov 11, 2019
Congratulations @tegipraise.
Please can I link up to you, will be glad if we can discuss together.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tamison: 11:45am On Nov 11, 2019
Hello!! Has your i20 been sent?
arcTY:
good evening house
please i just gained admission for spring 2020 in north carolina agricultural and technical state university.
1 how does it take for form I-20 to be ready and courier to Nigeria because it is over 3weeks that i was given admission and im yet to receive the form I-20?
2 Also if i apply for visa this week, is it possible to get an appointment before nov15?
3 what is the most easiest way to pay for sevis fee?
please i need an answer
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juliouze: 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
please how much is visa application fee presently?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
N2B2:
Hi House

I'll have my interview at the end of the month. My uncle with the same surname is only willing to provide me his U.K Bond account statement for the last 6 months.

Will this be enough to convince the VOs of my financial capability?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
segunbolawole:
Good Day Hard working Nigerian Youths...

I've done a lot of search on schools that offers Agric Economics.

But I'd appreciate it if anyone that has knowledge about schools with good funding in master agriculture will share with me, I am sure I have not covered all schools in USA.
Intended course of study is Agric/Applied/Resource Economics
CGPA is 3.92 of 5.0 (B.Agric)
Taking GRE soon

Thank you guys... Keenly waiting on this information

https://www.hotcoursesabroad.com/study/training-degrees/us-usa/masters/food-agricultural-economics-courses/loc/211/slevel/57-3-3/cgory/eb.643-4/sin/ct/programs.html

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2019
saddler:

You have been scammed.

Tell him to send the gtb MRV code he used in lodging the account. Or tell him to printout your gtb confirmation page and send to you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eddyme(m): 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
Please can you help me out i am trying to apply to younger bro to Minort state university but i am having issue when it get to phone number section.

The format is ###/###-#### and i do know how to place it on the website is really giving me isssues
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godsfahvour: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
tegipraise:
Thank you Nairaland Family for inspiring me greatly with your knowledge and experiences. I am a silent reader and I studied this thread like a bible with a jotter and pen from Part 13. I enjoyed both the life transforming knowledge and all the quarrels and arguments cheesy

Visa Approved on the 24th Oct and Passport collected 28th Oct 2019

Graduated with a degree in Microbiology, 2015
Refused study visa 3 times in Canada and the last refusal was March 2019.
This was my first application to the US, University of New Haven. Masters in chemistry for winter 2020
No Gre
No TOEFL
No IELTS
Sponsor: Uncle with different surname
Interview time: 6:45am. Lagos,

I got to the embassy around 5:25am, I saw lot of people already, some even dressed like they just woke up from sleep and some looked like they were just going to greet the VO who is their relative hahahahaha, NOTE: please you must dress well and look smart, imagine you are going for an interview in a bank, how will you dress? not necessarily suit which looks too formal and common. I wore a well starched collarless coffee brown long-sleeves tucked in my light brown chinos trouser with a suede brown shoe. Please don't cut your hair a day to interview, do it like 3 days to, the looks is different. I even did facial massage, use cucumber to remove eye bags and i will drinking lots of water to have white eyes and hydrated skin. grin grin I prepared all round sha. I went in well equiped.

After I did all the bio metrics stuff, I finally entered the interview hall, I was consciously looking for the black american ladies people talked about here but I didnt see them. All VOs were white male. I was interviewed by a young VO in window 1, the window by the entrance door and he approved 4 persons before me but questioned them alot.

VO: Good morning
Me: Hi Good morning, good to see you wink (cheerfully)
VO; Good to see you too ( with a surprise look)
VO; passport and i20
Me: sure (gave him). He typed for few mins
VO: Where are you going to
me: I am going for a research masters degree in chemistry with conc. in drug discovery chemistry at the UNH, Connecticut.
VO: why this schoool
Me: A lot of reasons made me choose UNH but for the purpose of this interview I’ll enumerate just 4;
Firstly, I am very keen and interested in research; and I have a passion for cancer treatment, the chemistry department is currently conducting a research in collaboration with Yale University Scientist and cancer center. This research is focused on laboratory synthesis of natural product and their analogues, polyoxygenated and heterocyclic compounds for the design of drug molecules like antibacterial and anticancer chemotherapeutic agent. The motivation is to discover and develop new approaches, new vaccines and new drug delivery systems and integrating them with experiment into chemical materials like green catalyst and cancer drug to improve survival rate of adult diagnosed with leukemia. (cut in)

VO: How many university did you apply to
ME: Western Illinois University, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada.

VO: who is you sponsor
ME: my uncle
VO: what does he do
ME: He is a renowned financial economist and the chief financial officer and partner of the bleep and treasurer of the bleep bleep.
VO: do you have your reciprocacy fee here?
VO: yes i do
the rest was history grin

I noticed the VO kept reading my D120 form in his system, NOTE: what you fill in your D120 form is very important and it determines your approval or refusal already, the interview seems to, just come and confirm perhaps with evidence what is on your D120 form. Please fill your form online yourself like i did and screen shot or write important information like dates and figures on a paper so you wont forget after you had submitted your form.

Mehn I fasted and prayed oh, even took 14 days to my interview off work. Miracles are real, if not for anything it boosted my confidence and i was alert. I knew who ever will interview me will approve me.
Dont talk too fast or too slow, demonstrate with your hands and use a passionate expression on your face like I did for study of cancer, because its killing our people everyday wink angry sad

Prepare your transcript and act it like home video. I felt like an actor rehearsing for a shot.

God is the ultimate joor, nobody can tell me otherwise. Its my experience.

REMEMBER: Pray it into existence and work it into existence. God bless you all.

Congrats to you dear
Please do you mind I asking you some vital questions that will aid me too? Send me a mail here... godsfavourugokwe@gmail.com. Will really appreciate if you do. Thanks and congrats once again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godsfahvour: 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
Swerveking14:
check your mail
Can you send me a mail @tegipraise? Have some questions I need clarities on pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godsfahvour: 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2019
Swerveking14:
check your mail
Can you send me a mail tegi? Have some questions I need clarities on pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: cutiedave(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.