Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,050 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357368 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omomayelakesi: 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2019
Evening Boss, I sent you a mail this evening. Kindly read and respond. I need to make a slight change on the pending registration. Counting on your usual support
Walspring:

I already replied your mail since yesterday
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
Let’s give all the thanks to God first and also to those benevolent guys behind the stuff and not me joor.

Am sure they are reading the post.

For those who knew within them they can’t afford all the tuition cost but wants to write GRE or TOELF to get GA or TA or RA or scholarship. Discount offer for both GRE and TOEFL test is available

Kindly notify me via PM and I will try my best to reply back even with my busy schedules.

#Onelove
#OneDream

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lizamegabush: 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
Juwon21:
Thank you everyone for sharing your transcripts on this platform. I want to give back to the platform because I have been blessed by others, even though I was denied the two times.

Intended University- University of Central Missouri
Course- MS Occupational Safety Management
Undergraduate- Civil Engineering

First transcripts : Abuja Embassy (17/7) spring session

VO: welcome to the United States of America embassy, please pass me your I-20
Response: I did, he started typing for awhile and asked me the following questions
VO: why are you going to US
Response: Going for my masters in occupational safety management at UCM
VO: Have you traveled out of the country before
Response: No
VO: Do you have a sponsor
Response: yes, my Uncle
VO: has he ever sponsored you before
Response: yes, he sponsored me for my university education.
He printed out the green form for me that was for fall 2019 session.

Second transcripts: Lagos Embassy, window 6 (7/11) spring session

VO: pass me your I-20, which I did and greeted him with a smile and asked how he is doing
VO:why are you going to the US,
Response: I did
VO: how did I come across the course
Response: I developed interest in safety during my industrial training attachment, as such I discovered that there are few professionals in the few and the knowledge is not readily available.
VO: Do I have a sponsor
Response: My uncle
His response was I am not eligible for visa this time around.
Note- I used my uncle company account since he owns the company and I got a letter of sponsorship from him too.
I apologize for just dropping my transcripts. I will appreciate comments, recommendation and advice

that was the same guy who interviewed me , that guy no get joy at all , but God pass him Sha, keep the spirit burning bro , we shall conquer by God's grace.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rexmy(m): 10:46pm On Dec 01, 2019
Ekuns:

Thanks for your contribution however, I have got it already. Thanks
You are welcome.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Otelsmyg(m): 8:19am On Dec 02, 2019
@Walspring
Good morning boss.
I sent you a DM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tracyroy(m): 9:56am On Dec 02, 2019
Rexmy:
I will advice you to get a letter of introduction from your Registrar to support your claim of where you currently work. The letter should confirm your current position and that you will be signing a bond with your school, which will necessitate you to come back after your program in US. Present the letter at all means during your interview, one of the reasons for denial is because they couldn't ascertain your coming back. Good luck!

Hello Rexmy, does that mean one will have to sign a bond with the school? And please what again should the letter of introduction have?. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Derailer(m): 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2019
rkarang:

I have a very good one for Quant

The material is not common. Published by McGraw Hill, the publisher of ETS Official Guide

Boss please respond!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deegayes: 12:39pm On Dec 02, 2019
I recently changed my look, i cut my hair for some reasons while i had really long hair when i filled my DS 160 form. Do i take another set of passport photographs with my current look when going to the embassy for my interview or use the old passport and wear a wig for the interview. i'm confused. The old passport doesn't really look like me though, i think i was really stressed out that day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chiboy429(m): 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2019
Hello family...
I have a case at hand, and really need truthful tips on how to handle it.
i am actually heading to Germany for my MSC and i have gotten my visa approved but there is one clause I have been battling with which is the blocked account of 10236euros before my visa would be issued to me, i have been able to raise 6000euros now on my approval mail I got from the embassy I was given till 5th of December to forward my block account confirmation of the above complete sum. Please i really need a truthful advice on what i can do. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2019
Deegayes:
I recently changed my look, i cut my hair for some reasons while i had really long hair when i filled my DS 160 form. Do i take another set of passport photographs with my current look when going to the embassy for my interview or use the old passport and wear a wig for the interview. i'm confused. The old passport doesn't really look like me though, i think i was really stressed out that day.

There is no problem getting new passport photographs if it won't cost you much. During my time, I used a 3 year old picture for my DS160 so I don't think new look or old look really matters.
I've seen people that don't resemble the picture on their international passport, yet they still travel everywhere with the passport
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by demo4show(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
Please check your mail
Details sent

Walspring:
Let’s give all the thanks to God first and also to those benevolent guys behind the stuff and not me joor.

Am sure they are reading the post.

For those who knew within them they can’t afford all the tuition cost but wants to write GRE or TOELF to get GA or TA or RA or scholarship. Discount offer for both GRE and TOEFL test is available

Kindly notify me via PM and I will try my best to reply back even with my busy schedules.

#Onelove
#OneDream

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deegayes: 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2019
Thanks a lot
sheke01:

There is no problem getting new passport photographs if it won't cost you much. During my time, I used a 3 year old picture for my DS160 so I don't think new look or old look really matters.
I've seen people that don't resemble the picture on their international passport, yet they still travel everywhere with the passport
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rexmy(m): 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2019
tracyroy:

Hello Rexmy, does that mean one will have to sign a bond with the school? And please what again should the letter of introduction have?. Thanks.
Yes, you will need to sign a bond. Most times the bond will warrant that you spend equivalent number of years, spent studying, with your employer before you can resign. It could be a study leave with pay or leave of absence without pay.
The letter should have the clause of the bond stated as well as your designation and the benefit(s) of your program after its completion to your employer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tracyroy(m): 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
Rexmy:
Yes, you will need to sign a bond. Most times the bond will warrant that you spend equivalent number of years, spent studying, with your employer before you can resign. It could be a study leave with pay or leave of absence without pay.
The letter should have the clause of the bond stated as well as your designation and the benefit(s) of your program after its completion to your employer.

So does that mean the bond is between me and employer and not my school? And would there be any consequence if I decide not to return? That's for the US embassy/immigration purposes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rexmy(m): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2019
tracyroy:

So does that mean the bond is between me and employer and not my school? And would there be any consequence if I decide not to return? That's for the US embassy/immigration purposes.
Yes, the bond is between you and your employer. It creates the impression that you have a binding ties with your country and that you will be coming back to your job here in Nigeria after your program, which is one of those things the Embassy needs to ascertain.
If you decide not to return, your employer may charge you to court.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dhrogbar: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2019
Deegayes:
Kindly avoid things that will distract you few minutes before the interview. Please wear a wig for the interview as you have said to avoid unnecessary questions by them. May the Force be with you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tracyroy(m): 1:42am On Dec 03, 2019
Rexmy:
Yes, the bond is between you and your employer. It creates the impression that you have a binding ties with your country and that you will be coming back to your job here in Nigeria after your program, which is one of those things the Embassy needs to ascertain.
If you decide not to return, your employer may charge you to court.

Thanks for the information. Please just to confirm, Does the embassy contact the employer to verify the letter?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tamison: 6:46am On Dec 03, 2019
Hello guys! Good morning. On my i20,my sponsor is my mother while I filled in my dad's name as the person that'd be sponsoring my trip on my ds-160...is there any issue with it? I did that because I didn't see anything like "Parents"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 8:33am On Dec 03, 2019
There is parent there though
Tamison:
Hello guys! Good morning. On my i20,my sponsor is my mother while I filled in my dad's name as the person that'd be sponsoring my trip on my ds-160...is there any issue with it? I did that because I didn't see anything like "Parents"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tamison: 8:56am On Dec 03, 2019
Yeah, I put "parent" not "parents".
I'm just hoping there'd be no issue with it.
Godiswonderful:
There is parent there though
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2019
I guess you are very fine ...It would end in praise Amen
Tamison:
Yeah, I put "parent" not "parents".
I'm just hoping there'd be no issue with it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tamison: 10:27am On Dec 03, 2019
Godiswonderful:
I guess you are very fine ...It would end in praise Amen

Amen!! It's been a really long journey

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 03, 2019
Hello house, I would like to know if 600 dollars is enough for living expenses for a month in a state like Texas, not in the major cities like Dallas, Houston etc. I got a graduate assistantship, and after all deduction, I am left with that amount as stipend per month. Also Medical insurance has been taken care of. Thanks. Cc Lagosismyhome walspring
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by d0pekellz(m): 11:08am On Dec 03, 2019
omohakin:
Please try and go with it. I had a similar situation. No deficit on my i-20 but the VO requested for the confirmation of my funding. Which I presented. she read through line by line and saw where I was asked to pay 1k USD for a semester. Although the letter also indicates this fund can be deducted from my pay installmentally but still the VO asked if I have any financial statement for this purpose. I feel itz better to present a financial statement in such a situation. This shows despite being funded, you still have something at your disposal.
Hello can I PM you. I have got some enquiries to make as regards Washington state uni
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neeta02(f): 11:16am On Dec 03, 2019
Good day house. Asides int'l passport what should one take to the GRE center?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:23am On Dec 03, 2019
Tamison:

Are your parents together and bearing the same surname ,?..... if your mum was on the i20 and you filled the ds160 after the i20 why didnt you just put your mum again for consistency

It probably isnt a big deal as both are your parents but consistency is always better

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iWise(m): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
GODofFire:
Hello house, I would like to know if 600 dollars is enough for living expenses for a month in a state like Texas, not in the major cities like Dallas, Houston etc. Also Medical insurance has been taken care of. Thanks.

It depends on what you mean by "living expenses".

Under the assumption that your definition of living expenses includes and is limited to: rent, utility bill, feeding, phone bill, internet, transportation and entertainment, no; you can't live off of $600 dollars in Texas. The cost of rent alone in most parts of the state of Texas is at least $350 - that is if you're willing to share. Food bill should set you back at least $150 (be mindful that this estimate will require you to cook all your meals and avoid African stores). From my personal experience, cost of living tend to be at least $1000 - this minimum assumes you're practicing what I like to refer to as "basic living".

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AgreatMan: 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2019
iWise:

It depends on what you mean by "living expenses".

Under the assumption that your definition of living expenses includes and is limited to: rent, utility bill, feeding, phone bill, internet, transportation and entertainment, no; you can't live off of $600 dollars in Texas. The cost of rent alone in most parts of the state of Texas is at least $350 - that is if you're willing to share. Food bill should set you back at least $150 (be mindful that this estimate will require you to cook all your meals and avoid African stores). From my personal experience, cost of living tend to be at least $1000 - this minimum assumes you're practicing what I like to refer to as "basic living".

Ur write up suggested that $600 is enough for him per month but your conclusion said he needs at least $1k.

I believe he will do just ok on $600 if not in a major city in Texas. I am sure he will survive.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:15pm On Dec 03, 2019
GODofFire:
Hello house, I would like to know if 600 dollars is enough for living expenses for a month in a state like Texas, not in the major cities like Dallas, Houston etc. I got a graduate assistantship, and after all deduction, I am left with that amount as stipend per month. Also Medical insurance has been taken care of. Thanks. Cc Lagosismyhome walspring

I would say yes ... if in addition to the 600 dollars you still work 20 hours a week on campus then yes . You wont live in luxury but you will get by prudently
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iWise(m): 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
AgreatMan:

Ur write up suggested that $600 is enough for him per month but your conclusion said he needs at least $1k.

I believe he will do just ok on $600 if not in a major city in Texas. I am sure he will survive.

Well, that is your interpretation of what I wrote. The facts don't lie. I gave the worst case "I am a robot, I don't have human feelings" scenario and even under those conditions, $600 did not suffice. If he/she choses to go ahead with that sorta budget, she/he is likely going to end up with a lot of credit card debt before completing the program. We all know that credit card "gbese" is the worst kind of "gbese" you can ever have.

Another issue not considered by the poster is the quality of the medical insurance he/she secured. If it was provided by the university, then it's likely to have an in network deductible of at least $1500. I only know of 2 schools in Texas whose health insurance package have a deductible of at most $500, so one health emergency and the poster debt profile may spiral out of control. It's so easy to fall into the debt trap in these parts. So if the poster is averse to debt he/she will probably need to come up with a back up plan on how to raise the ceiling on his/her earning power.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2019
Godiswonderful:
Abuja embassy is not smiling this spring session dunno why
how?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
Neeta02:
Good day house. Asides int'l passport what should one take to the GRE center?
Some would say your school codes. But then, Nothing else other than your brain. wink
Best of luck!

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.