Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1367934 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 28, 2019
tracyroy:
My current gpa is 3.99. I would like to know if my evaluated gpa would most likely be less than 3.0. Seeing that I have heard how ECE cuts gpa and my my target gpa for admission is atleast a 3.0.
Definitely it will be way way above 3.0. Hence you're safe

I would suggest you use WES
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tracyroy(m): 7:17am On Nov 28, 2019
nelem:

Definitely it will be way way above 3.0. Hence you're safe

I would suggest you use WES

Would have used WES but because how long it takes them to deliver, I'll have to use ECE since I need the evaluation done within 3 weeks max. That's why i wanted to find out what the range of ECE evaluated gpa would be.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pstfrancis(m): 7:25am On Nov 28, 2019
Pls I will appreciate big anyone here can send to me the affidavit of financial support.
Thanks
pstfrancis2000@yahoo.com.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KeLcHeE(m): 8:24am On Nov 28, 2019
With resumption on Jan 3, can one go for visa interview the day before (Jan 2)?

Also, having been delayed visa at the embassy once (about a year ago), is rescheduling possible?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreamz321: 9:01am On Nov 28, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dhrogbar9: 10:49am On Nov 28, 2019
KeLcHeE:
With resumption on Jan 3, can one go for visa interview the day before (Jan 2)?

Also, having been delayed visa at the embassy once (about a year ago), is rescheduling possible?
Kindly reschedule your appointment at midnight to get an early date. If not, I'm scared to inform you that the Jan 2 is not that feasible for the resumption date. Good luck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dhrogbar9: 10:53am On Nov 28, 2019
pstfrancis:
Pls I will appreciate big anyone here can send to me the affidavit of financial support.
Thanks
pstfrancis2000@yahoo.com.
If I may ask, what did you mean by 'affidavit of financial support'
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi27: 11:23am On Nov 28, 2019
Please, I’d like ask is it mandatory to be around from the beginning of the school’s orientation for new students? My school’s orientation starts on d 6th of January nd ends on the 10th of January, while our resumption date is on the 13th of January (duh i am still on d look out for an early date in December) but I’ll need you people’s opinion about whether to go for d interview on d 3rd (if dere is no early date).
dhrogbar9:

Kindly reschedule your appointment at midnight to get an earlier dates. If not, I'm scared to inform you that the Jan 2 is not that feasible for the resumption date. Good luck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Acceptjesus: 11:29am On Nov 28, 2019
Hello Nairalander!

My Visa was delayed yesterday, I will share my transcript shortly. My Advise the us visa is something you don't rush, you must prepare very well.

The denial was massive yesterday.

Every Unorganized first time, stand high chances of denial
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dhrogbar: 11:50am On Nov 28, 2019
Funmi27:
Please, I’d like ask is it mandatory to be around from the beginning of the school’s orientation for new students? My school’s orientation starts on d 6th of January nd ends on the 10th of January, while our resumption date is on the 13th of January (duh i am still on d look out for an early date in December) but I’ll need you people’s opinion about whether to go for d interview on d 3rd (if dere is no early date).
I think there is no harm in trying your luck if the orientation is not mandatory for all the students to attend.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by samibode(m): 12:44pm On Nov 28, 2019
good day i am currently employed by a company i co founded in 2016, and i my take home is currently 710k per month which is from profits made by the company, so it tends to in crease with every increase in profit. my interview date is december 9 2019 and i am going as a tourist, i have tried applying twice and was denied den i was on invitation from my aunty dat is a citizen but this time around i am going on my own i dont plan on spending more than two weeks, my parents are currently in vacation in maryland as they have always done for the past 3 years, my elder brother is working der also with a green card, but i only mentioned my brother i didnt really mention my parents. been der cos at the time of the application submission they werent. when i was rfejected twice den i applied as a student. and i also applied from mauritius island which is where i was studying inititially. so i dont know if there are tips i need in other to get the visa i honestlt dont plan on spending more than two weeks and i am flying to miami on vacation with plans of visiting new york as well and would probably meet up with my brother and his family. but just want to know hat my chances are and what i can do to better my already existing chances.thanks.
PS: I have no family in miami my family is in delaware. just wanna have access to visit whenever i want to like my parents.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 12:45pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sorry about that...please kindly share your transcript
Acceptjesus:

Hello Nairalander!

My Visa was delayed yesterday, I will share my transcript shortly. My Advise the us visa is something you don't rush, you must prepare very well.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
Acceptjesus:

Hello Nairalander!

Delayed or Denied??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
Swerveking14:
Delayed or Denied??
Lol...i was about asking same
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pstfrancis(m): 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
Any cheap hotel in Abuja that I can stay ose to America Embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2019
Optimal hotel just at the back of the embassy
pstfrancis:
Any cheap hotel in Abuja that I can stay ose to America Embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pstfrancis(m): 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2019
Pls which place is the best place for me to drop when going to Abuja to book for the hotel, am new to Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
Swerveking14:
Delayed or Denied??

Schrodinger1:

Lol...i was about asking same
Dreams delayed can never be denied... smiley

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
pstfrancis:
Pls which place is the best place for me to drop when going to Abuja to book for the hotel, am new to Abuja
it depends on the direction you are coming from . The embassy is in the 'Central area'.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pstfrancis(m): 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2019
Stevenssen:

it depends on the direction you are coming from . The embassy is in the 'Central area'.

Am coming in from Lagos. I want to go with GIGM(God is good Motors) and they have difft parks, Zuba, kubwa, utako. I was just thinking of the best way to go round it.

Thank you for your help

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2019
pstfrancis:

Am coming in from Lagos. I want to go with GIGM(God is good Motors) and they have difft parks, Zuba, kubwa, utako. I was just thinking of the best way to go round it.

Thank you for your help

Someone suggested optimal hotel. Stop at Utako, use Uber or taxify to get there. Check in and prepare yourself for the interview. All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omomayelakesi: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2019
Good Evening boss, I sent you a mail yesterday night. Please reply.
Walspring:

I already replied your mail since yesterday
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 8:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
pstfrancis:

Thank you for your help
As answered above, Utako is where you should stop.
All the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
Utako is the best ...if you choose optimal hotel it’s about 500 from utako ...while from optimal to the embassy is about 200...you can view the embassy from optimal grin
pstfrancis:

Thank you for your help

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 12:57am On Nov 29, 2019
Godiswonderful:
Optimal hotel just at the back of the embassy

You have an idea of the room rates?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Quonchovsymenez: 1:53am On Nov 29, 2019
Time2win, shawarma, lagosismyhome, walspring,.... I greet una,your contribution in this forum is extraordinary.
Please if you will be coming to MTU by spring inbox me, a large family of African students await your arrival.. CAIO

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mrprolifik: 4:39am On Nov 29, 2019
samibode:
good day i am currently employed by a company i co founded in 2016, and i my take home is currently 710k per month which is from profits made by the company, so it tends to in crease with every increase in profit. my interview date is december 9 2019 and i am going as a tourist, i have tried applying twice and was denied den i was on invitation from my aunty dat is a citizen but this time around i am going on my own i dont plan on spending more than two weeks, my parents are currently in vacation in maryland as they have always done for the past 3 years, my elder brother is working der also with a green card, but i only mentioned my brother i didnt really mention my parents. been der cos at the time of the application submission they werent. when i was rfejected twice den i applied as a student. and i also applied from mauritius island which is where i was studying inititially. so i dont know if there are tips i need in other to get the visa i honestlt dont plan on spending more than two weeks and i am flying to miami on vacation with plans of visiting new york as well and would probably meet up with my brother and his family. but just want to know hat my chances are and what i can do to better my already existing chances.thanks.
PS: I have no family in miami my family is in delaware. just wanna have access to visit whenever i want to like my parents.

In my own opinion I think you have a better chance this time since you are applying from Nigeria where you have strong ties to your home. You were probably denied the Visa when you applied from Mauritius since you weren't a permanent resident of that country hence no strong ties. You just have to convince the VO of your intent on going for the visit and trust me all will be well. It's a plus that you never lied about your family members living in the USA when asked.
Take note of this :
I hope your family members living in the USA moved there legally ?
You have a permanent job?
These are the 2 basic questions you need to focus on.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 5:43am On Nov 29, 2019
Cheapest is from the range of 7
Pefuele:

You have an idea of the room rates?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 7:31am On Nov 29, 2019
Godiswonderful:
Cheapest is from the range of 7

Oh! Ok.Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deegayes: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2019
Hello guys ,
Please it’s urgent. I want to confirm if the bank needs to send a soft copy of my financial statement to the embassy before my interview. The account officer is saying they need to forward the soft copy to the embassy and I have never heard of such anywhere. Is it true ? Who knows anything about this please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2019
It’s not true just print out and go for your interview
Deegayes:
Hello guys ,
Please it’s urgent. I want to confirm if the bank needs to send a soft copy of my financial statement to the embassy before my interview. The account officer is saying they need to forward the soft copy to the embassy and I have never heard of such anywhere. Is it true ? Who knows anything about this please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nmicky(m): 11:52am On Nov 29, 2019
Deegayes:
Hello guys ,

they do send directly. am aware of access bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.