Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362019 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lake56: 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
Wilston:
Hello bro firstly be calm ...I was in this situation as at Monday my school resumes on the 8th could only get a date for 13 January was quite worried and even more when my emergency date was denied but I prayed about it as it was all I could do...I immediately logged in and tried rescheduling and I saw a free date for DEC 30th I was so thankful and happy. So bro just keep praying and trying to reschedule a date might come in your favour...I wish you all the best
Thank you for your response. Please around what time of the day did you get the available date. I will keep trying
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CephasNMR: 3:17pm On Dec 05, 2019
psychologyshuby:
I haven't seen an approval in a long while...what's happening? V.O aren't smiling this time...may God be with us.

Thanks to Almighty God that helped me throughout this pursuit. My Story is a long one but I will like to share my transcript with you here.

First interview
Delayed
VO: good morning
Me: good morning
VO: can you pass me your documents
Me: sure
VO: can you tell me about your application process
Me: Immediately after my undergraduate studies due to my passion for graduate school I proceed to research gate where I got to know about Prof Honglan of MS&T and Prof Sarah Green of MTU and Nadine Kabengi of GSU whose work coincides my interest and I write to them and they encourage me to apply in which I did by submitting my academic transcript and my GRE Score in which I had a score of 310.

Long silence.....

VO: so why did you choose MS&T
Me: coupled with the fact that I was given a full funding that covers my entire cost of attendance
VO (cuts in): How will you be covering the deficit
Me ( my mind skipped): there's no deficit ma, check well the funding covers the expenses
VO (shout back): what was stated here is 50% assistantship, can you show me a proof of your assistantship letter
Me: I passed it
VO: keeps typing and eventually disapprove the application

Second Interview
VO: Why MS&T
Me: coupled with the fact that I was given a full funding which covers my entire cost of attendance, Prof Honglan works on waste water treatment which is a continuation to my undergraduate studies
VO: What will you be doing with this degree
Me: This degree will equip me with the resqusite skills to pick up a job of lead research scientist at FEPA
VO: how are you sure you'll be getting the Job
Me: which kind question is this again but I opened my mouth and tell her that my current boss works with the ministry of environment and she's a consultant so definitely I'll be getting the Job
VO: okay I saw that you have funding which covers your expenses but 50% assistantship was stated here did you have a spreadsheet that shows the breakdown
Me: haaa. Okay, I don't have spread sheet but I have a graduate offer letter
VO: turned it down and eventually declined the visa

Third Interview

Me: Good morning
VO: Good morning
Me: How are you
VO: Fine can you pass me your documents
Me : Sure
VO: why MS&T
Me: due to the fact that MS&T is one of the leading research universities in environmental related issues, I will be working with Prof Honglan whose research is a continuation of my undergraduate project which I worked on adsorption method but Prof Honglan will be working on development of nanoadsorbent
VO: who'll be funding the studies
Me: I got a full scholarship from the department in terms of GRA
VO: but I saw 50% assistantship here
Me: yes the assistantship is a 50% full time employment which covers my expenses, I have my offer letter here. ( I slide it to her immediately) I also have a funding calculator from the Graduate office can I pass it over
VO: no need
VO: so how did you get this assistantship
Me: I wrote a graduate record examination in which I had a score of 310, can I pass the report sheet to you
VO: no, so what will you be doing with this degree
Me: I will be coming back to Nigeria to fill up the vacuum of lead research analyst at FEPA where I did my undergraduate internship in conjunction with UI and I was awarded as one of the best intern, so with this recommendations and degree I'll be able to get the Job
Vo: it's enough.. Long silence...
Me: kilotunde bayiiii, answer me jare and let me go
Vo: are you married
Me: (so fast, not now) No
VO: I will be approving your visa .....
Me: ( I hope you are not talking to me) one small tears just drop for my eye, I quickly package my self and collect the white paper and waka jeje

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2019
Wow congratulations this transcript really encourages me a lot God bless your new journey ........which location please
CephasNMR:

Thanks to Almighty God that helped me throughout this pursuit. My Story is a long one but I will like to share my transcript with you here.

First interview
Delayed
Me: Immediately after my undergraduate studies due to my passion for graduate school I proceed to research gate where I got to know about Prof Honglan of MS&T and Prof Sarah Green of MTU and Nadine Kabengi of GSU whose work coincides my interest and I write to them and they encourage me to apply in which I did by submitting my academic transcript and my GRE Score in which I had a score of 310.

Long silence.....

Me: coupled with the fact that I was given a full funding that covers my entire cost of attendance
Me ( my mind skipped): there's no deficit ma, check well the funding covers the expenses
VO (shout back): what was stated here is 50% assistantship, can you show me a proof of your assistantship letter

Second Interview
Me: coupled with the fact that I was given a full funding which covers my entire cost of attendance, Prof Honglan works on waste water treatment which is a continuation to my undergraduate studies
Me: This degree will equip me with the resqusite skills to pick up a job of lead research scientist at FEPA
Me: which kind question is this again but I opened my mouth and tell her that my current boss works with the ministry of environment and she's a consultant so definitely I'll be getting the Job
VO: okay I saw that you have funding which covers your expenses but 50% assistantship was stated here did you have a spreadsheet that shows the breakdown

Third Interview

Me: due to the fact that MS&T is one of the leading research universities in environmental related issues, I will be working with Prof Honglan whose research is a continuation of my undergraduate project which I worked on adsorption method but Prof Honglan will be working on development of nanoadsorbent
Me: yes the assistantship is a 50% full time employment which covers my expenses, I have my offer letter here. ( I slide it to her immediately) I also have a funding calculator from the Graduate office can I pass it over
Me: I wrote a graduate record examination in which I had a score of 310, can I pass the report sheet to you
Me: I will be coming back to Nigeria to fill up the vacuum of lead research analyst at FEPA where I did my undergraduate internship in conjunction with UI and I was awarded as one of the best intern, so with this recommendations and degree I'll be able to get the Job
Me: ( I hope you are not talking to me) one small tears just drop for my eye, I quickly package my self and collect the white paper and waka jeje
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sboj: 4:02pm On Dec 05, 2019
Congratulation to you, thank you for sharing your transcript. you grew stronger and wiser between the 1st and 3rd interview, your answers during the last interview portrayed purpose and preparation perfectly. Congratulations once again
Guys, there is so much motivation and so much to learn from this transcript.
CephasNMR:

First interview
Delayed

Long silence.....

Second Interview

Third Interview

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2019
CephasNMR:

First interview
Delayed

Long silence.....

Second Interview

Third Interview

Congratulations sir. When was your third attempt, This month?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Miscellaneous(m): 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2019
Pls can anyone suggest good safe school that gives full funding for phd in civil engineering?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kolping: 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2019
International students enrolled in the U.S. for 2018/2019

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kCatalyst: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
TheZed:
You won’t be leaving the airport all through the stopover. Hence, no need for a transit visa.

pls does anyone know the likely implication for a school requesting you to “state other university applied to” in your application
is it compulsory to state it? what is the effect if you did/didn't mention.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 5:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
kCatalyst:

pls does anyone know the likely implication for a school requesting you to “state other university applied to” in your application
I really can't say maybe just to have an idea who they are competing with to get you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi27: 5:27pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hello Wilston, please what time did you check through the reschedule appointment link... i check everyday and even checked 12pm on Monday but i saw 3rd of January (pls hint me on the time you got yours).
Wilston:
Hello bro firstly be calm ...I was in this situation as at Monday my school resumes on the 8th could only get a date for 13 January was quite worried and even more when my emergency date was denied but I prayed about it as it was all I could do...I immediately logged in and tried rescheduling and I saw a free date for DEC 30th I was so thankful and happy. So bro just keep praying and trying to reschedule a date might come in your favour...I wish you all the best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sambobj(m): 6:09pm On Dec 05, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]7
Walspring:
Let’s give all the thanks to God first and also to those benevolent guys behind the stuff and not me joor.

Am sure they are reading the post.

For those who knew within them they can’t afford all the tuition cost but wants to write GRE or TOELF to get GA or TA or RA or scholarship. Discount offer for both GRE and TOEFL test is available

Kindly notify me via PM and I will try my best to reply back even with my busy schedules.

#Onelove
#OneDream

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 05, 2019
OK it was around 730pm in the evening not guaranteed though but all the best
Funmi27:
Hello Wilston, please what time did you check through the reschedule appointment link... i check everyday and even checked 12pm on Monday but i saw 3rd of January (pls hint me on the time you got yours).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi27: 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2019
Thank you so much��.... I’ll give it a try dis evening

Wilston:
OK it was around 730pm in the evening not guaranteed though but all the best
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 7:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please I do like to ask this question.

I want to apply for Fi Visa, I'm in a serious relationship that will lead to marriage any moment from now .

I'm thinking of getting marry before going for the interview. Time is too close for my resumption spring 2020.

What should I fill for my DS 160 my interview will be slated for December or so. Single or married?

Or can I come back during break to get marry ? and later apply for my wife to be an F2 visa .

Though if I fill single in my form is there a way around it when I get marry to her for her to apply for F2 to join me later?

Please i need a sincere reply. Thank you all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tamison: 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hello guys!
Please for those that went for their interview recently, is there a place one can keep bags or phone?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lizzy44544: 12:26am On Dec 06, 2019
Majorly21:
Please I wanna confirm if undergraduates exams in the US. Are multiple choice or essay (theory)

Thanks
Multiple choice and English essay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 1:47am On Dec 06, 2019
Friedpotato:
what if your program start date is January 6 but classes starts January 13 and you get a VISA interview date on January 9th?

Also if one seeks a 1 week extension from the school, would it sit well with the VO?

please anyone?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:06am On Dec 06, 2019
Tamison:
Hello guys!
Please for those that went for their interview recently, is there a place one can keep bags or phone?

There are hustlers who can help you keep your belongings for an amount, maybe #1000
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 06, 2019
kCatalyst:

As answered on Quora and Reddit, It's not compulsory at all, and it's advised to leave it blank.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DeanTekashi: 7:38am On Dec 06, 2019
I can recommend using this essay writing service https://essaysreviews.com/geeklyhub-review The assistants will explain how to write an essay correctly and will provide help on every step. BTW, they also help with homework on different subjects.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kCatalyst: 8:04am On Dec 06, 2019
TheZed:
I really can't say maybe just to have an idea who they are competing with to get you.

ok.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kCatalyst: 8:05am On Dec 06, 2019
user4321:

As answered on Quora and Reddit, It's not compulsory at all, and it's advised to leave it blank.

Okay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CephasNMR: 9:13am On Dec 06, 2019
Godiswonderful:
Wow congratulations this transcript really encourages me a lot God bless your new journey ........which location please

Abuja embassy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Leyemoshood: 9:28am On Dec 06, 2019
Appointment booked but photo was not uploaded when completing DS-160 form, the confirmation page states that i must bring a passport photograph to the interview. Hope this wont be a problem?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:59am On Dec 06, 2019
Leyemoshood:
Appointment booked but photo was not uploaded when completing DS-160 form, the confirmation page states that i must bring a passport photograph to the interview. Hope this wont be a problem?
No, just make sure u carry a pic that comply with thier requirements
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Leyemoshood: 10:04am On Dec 06, 2019
horlahsunbo225:

No, just make sure u carry a pic that comply with thier requirements

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jfocus5662: 10:44am On Dec 06, 2019
Hello everyone.

I have gone through quite a number of messages on this forum and they all seem interesting.
congratulations to everyone traveling out already and to those of us still in the process, good-luck.

Please i love to ask if its a general thing in US or just some schools. I applied for a Masters program at Western Illinois University and Grand Valley State University with my National Diploma and Higher National Diploma certificate. I evaluated my transcript using WES where i had 3.06/4.0.
Unfortunately, i received a mail from WIU that they no longer accept ND/HND for masters application. An heart-breaker.

Please i want to know if there is anyone here who have successfully applied for masters in the US with the ND/HND or you know anyone who have and names of the schools that accepts the ND/HND Certificate and other helpful tips.

I will be reading through for positive replies.
Cheers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 11:00am On Dec 06, 2019
Leyemoshood:
Bro its actually a problem. A passport photograph isn't mandatory but you have to make sure your photo is uploaded on your ds-160.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tamison: 11:58am On Dec 06, 2019
Hello guys!!!
Visa approved this morning around 8:30 am.(Lagos Embassy)
I would post my transcript soon. Thank you so much for all the information I got here. You guys are the best!!!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jfocus5662: 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2019
Congratulations!!!

Tamison:
Hello guys!!!
Visa approved this morning around 8:30 am.(Lagos Embassy)
I would post my transcript soon. Thank you so much for all the information I got here. You guys are the best!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanz: 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hello guys!!!please am new here, I want to ask some questions. I applied for F1 visa..My DS 160 code is different from the interview own after scheduling interview. Hope it won't affect me on my interview day? 2. My parents and siblings av been in US for years now, how will I convince them of my return to Nigeria. I really dnt av any strong ties I can hold on to. Please I need your advise. I applied 2x before and have been denied due to no strong ties here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.