Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356639 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Teejazy(m): 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2019
Tamison:
Hello guys!!!
Visa approved this morning around 8:30 am.(Lagos Embassy)
I would post my transcript soon. Thank you so much for all the information I got here. You guys are the best!!!!

Congratulations!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
Tamison:
Hello guys!!!
I would post my transcript soon. Thank you so much for all the information I got here. You guys are the best!!!!
Congratulations bro!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2019
Sanz:
Hello guys!!!please am new here, I want to ask some questions. I applied for F1 visa..My DS 160 code is different from the interview own after scheduling interview. Hope it won't affect me on my interview day? 2. My parents and siblings av been in US for years now, how will I convince them of my return to Nigeria. I really dnt av any strong ties I can hold on to. Please I need your advise. I applied 2x before and have been denied due to no strong ties here.

Are they there legally or illegally.... if no papers then that a hard wall to climb if the topic comes up

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kode12: 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2019
WRONG THREAD, please forgive me.
How much is the US B1/B2 visa fee now and is it true there is a fee you'd have to pay to pick up the passport after Visa has been issued?
cc justwise LagosismyHome
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanz: 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Are they there legally or illegally.... if no papers then that a hard wall to climb if the topic comes up
they re legal citizens now. Please am yet to get full links answers to my questions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:53pm On Dec 06, 2019
kode12:
WRONG THREAD, please forgive me.
How much is the US B1/B2 visa fee now and is it true there is a fee you'd have to pay to pick up the passport after Visa has been issued?
cc justwise LagosismyHome

This info is easily found on the official website . 59,200.00 naira plus Cash 40,700 Naira for Reciprocity Fee if given . If not given then there is no Reciprocity Fee
https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visafeeinfo.asp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Leyemoshood: 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2019
clapper04:

Bro its actually a problem. A passport photograph isn't mandatory but you have to make sure your photo is uploaded on your ds-160.

Thank you but how can i upload the photo to my DS-160 now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2019
Leyemoshood:

Thank you but how can i upload the photo to my DS-160 now?

As you have already submitted it I don't think you can edit it, you can fill another one, then go change the ds-160 confirmation number in visa application profile. pls make sure a photo is uploaded
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by battoyyeb(m): 4:07pm On Dec 06, 2019
Visa denied (Lagos)
18/11/2019

VO: why are you going to the USA
Me: am going to USA for my masters in engineering technology at MTSU
VO: what did you study in undergraduate
Me: elect elect engineering
VO: what is the relationship with engineering technology
Me: engineering tech is a blend of advance engineering and management
VO: what do you do
Me: Field service engineer at ....
VO: how many schools did you apply
Me: 3 MTSU, GSU, NDSU
VO: why MTSU
me: aside the fact that I was given scholarship in form of full tuition waiver and monthly stipends, mtsu offer broad courses in engineering technology that offers an industrial component that provide real world experience, also o going research by Dr Chen on photovoltaic solar energy system
VO: who is going to pay for the deficit
Me: My uncle
VO: did you write GRE
Me: yes, GRE and TOEFL
VO: OK let me see the score sheet (I gave it to her)
VO: did you have your statement of acciunt
Me: yes (pass it to her)
After checking like 30secs
VO: Did you have a letter from your uncle to prove he is going to pay for the deficit
Me: No, I have only the bank statement
Types for like 1min
VO: did you have anything thing to proof he is the owner of the account or any document from him
Me: No, I have only the statement
Types for a while
VO: Am sorry, you are not eligible for the visa

Visa approved (Abuja)
No document was asked
06/12/2019
VO : good morning
Me: good morning
VO: pass me your passport and I20
Why are you going to the USA
Me: am going to the USA for my masters in engineering technology at MTSU
Me: aside the fact that I was given scholarship in form of full tuition waiver and monthly stipends, mtsu offer broad courses in engineering technology that offers an industrial component that provide real world experience....(cuts)
VO: who do you do
Me: my uncle
VO: what does he do
Me: marketing manager at shell
VO: I will be approving your visa (I swear I did not listen to the rest)
I went to pay the 40,700 and quickly dash out

Thank God

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Teejazy(m): 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2019
Congratulations bro!

battoyyeb:
Visa
denied (Lagos)
18/11/2019

me: aside the fact that I was given scholarship in form of full tuition waiver and monthly stipends, mtsu offer broad courses in engineering technology that offers an industrial component that provide real world experience, also o going research by Dr Chen on photovoltaic solar energy system
VO: Did you have a letter from your uncle to prove he is going to pay for the deficit
Types for like 1min
VO: did you have anything thing to proof he is the owner of the account or any document from him
Types for a while

Visa approved (Abuja)
No document was asked
06/12/2019
Me: aside the fact that I was given scholarship in form of full tuition waiver and monthly stipends, mtsu offer broad courses in engineering technology that offers an industrial component that provide real world experience....(cuts)

Thank God

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2019
Sanz:
Hello guys!!!please am new here, I want to ask some questions. I applied for F1 visa..My DS 160 code is different from the interview own after scheduling interview. Hope it won't affect me on my interview day? 2. My parents and siblings av been in US for years now, how will I convince them of my return to Nigeria. I really dnt av any strong ties I can hold on to. Please I need your advise. I applied 2x before and have been denied due to no strong ties here.
I know your DS 160 code must be the same with your appointment letter code. Go to the appointment page to update your profile, and then re-print, if you don't want to be sent back. As regard home ties, let the elders help out...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ekunsgreat: 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2019
Tamison:
Hello guys!
Please for those that went for their interview recently, is there a place one can keep bags or phone?
please I am to resume by 15 January but my appointment date is bringing February 7 or 13 even at Abuja when I check it brings January 19 ...I don’t know if it possible to accept the feb7
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 5:18pm On Dec 06, 2019
You can’t go for interview February once your resumption is 15th jan
Ekunsgreat:
please I am to resume by 15 January but my appointment date is bringing February 7 or 13 even at Abuja when I check it brings January 19 ...I don’t know if it possible to accept the feb7
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by battoyyeb(m): 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2019
battoyyeb:
Visa denied (Lagos)
18/11/2019

Types for like 1min
Types for a while

Visa approved (Abuja)
No document was asked
06/12/2019

Thank God

I want to say a very big thank you to God Almighty for making this dream a reality and also the admins of this group (dreambig_USA), ashiwaju, ufakos, going through my visa transcript and also the wonderful mock interviews and the ginger and words of encouragement after the first denial.

Special thanks to kenkool (he hand me over to victor), jude, wahab and Victor (he is always ready to help, even went ahead to approach some profs in the department to give me GA, he never get tired of my disturbance,and always checking on me before the second interview with lots of encouragement...bro you are simply wonderful ).

Also nairaland family (texrem, fairheart, lagosismyhome, gunther and many others that i cant mention), walspring (thanks for helping with the sevis payment) Thank you very much.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kode12: 5:42pm On Dec 06, 2019
LagosismyHome:

This info is easily found on the official website . 59,200.00 naira plus Cash 40,700 Naira for Reciprocity Fee if given . If not given then there is no Reciprocity Fee
https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visafeeinfo.asp
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2019
battoyyeb:

I want to say a very big thank you to God Almighty for making this dream a reality and also the admins of this group (dreambig_USA),

Congrats... May God bless your new journey
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ekunsgreat: 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2019
Godiswonderful:
You can’t go for interview February once your resumption is 15th jan
yeen what I’m I going to do now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
Pray and check earlier dates open that’s the only option
Ekunsgreat:
yeen what I’m I going to do now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rytefish: 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2019
If you are coming or you know anyone coming to Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, you can contact me for orientation before leaving Naija. I faced a few set of challenges which I do not want anyone coming from home to also face. That is my personal give back to this community.

Thanks to @Lagosismyhome and some other colleagues that were resourceful when I needed help. There is a lot of works more than one can be so much available here, but I do not want anyone to have issues on landing in Oxford, Ohio.

Caveat: Please, make sure you already have the visa approved before contacting me, I am so fixed that I won't be able to attend to so many enquiries.

We have so many people here that could still help, I also did a little back then and I have a click of friends that I made from this room.

God Bless Nigeria,
God Bless USA.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by presiade(m): 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnile123: 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hello Guyz
Please any suggestion on site to get a cheap flight to the US
I intend to travel first week of January and the cheapest flight I am currently seeing is above 550K.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kingshrd: 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2019
Johnile123:
Hello Guyz
I intend to travel first week of January and the cheapest flight I am currently seeing is above 550K.
Search for return tickets they tend to be cheaper I got one for british airways lagos -london to dallas for $1000 site (kiwi and skyscanner but bought of british airways website after been redirected

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by abiolahydee(f): 12:08am On Dec 07, 2019
Rytefish:
If you are coming or you know anyone coming to Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, you can contact me for orientation before leaving Naija. I faced a few set of challenges which I do not want anyone coming from home to also face. That is my personal give back to this community.

Thanks to @Lagosismyhome and some other colleagues that were resourceful when I needed help. There is a lot of works more than one can be so much available here, but I do not want anyone to have issues on landing in Oxford, Ohio.

Caveat: Please, make sure you already have the visa approved before contacting me, I am so fixed that I won't be able to attend to so many enquiries.

We have so many people here that could still help, I also did a little back then and I have a click of friends that I made from this room.

God Bless Nigeria,
God Bless USA.

I intend schooling at University of Akron, I need help!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shadbay(m): 12:42am On Dec 07, 2019
If you are seeking early dates to book for visa interview check the Abuja embassy. They have available dates (12th, 13th and 16th December.)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by janet7: 4:15am On Dec 07, 2019
Congratulations...
Tamison:
Hello guys!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 07, 2019
Morning All, between a private SOA and Business SOA of a sponsor, which should one present during interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 7:23am On Dec 07, 2019
Johnile123:
Hello Guyz
It depends on how you want to fly, You can check with travel start every Tuesdays or so Cabo Verde "a new airline in Nigeria" from cape Verde, they fly to Boston, from there you can get tickets to wherever you are going...Last I saw, it was 163k Nigeria to Cape Verde to Boston
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funmi27: 7:45am On Dec 07, 2019
Lagos hasn’t opened early dates for December and it’s not possible to reschedule to abuja after booking an appointment with lagos. Please anyone who gets to reschedule appointment from January to December kindly pass the information so some of us here can join (I’ll do the same too).

Shadbay:
If you are seeking early dates to book for visa interview check the Abuja embassy. They have available dates (12th, 13th and 16th December.)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnile123: 9:11am On Dec 07, 2019
Swerveking14:
It depends on how you want to fly, You can check with travel start every Tuesdays or so Cabo Verde "a new airline in Nigeria" from cape Verde, they fly to Boston, from there you can get tickets to wherever you are going...Last I saw, it was 163k Nigeria to Cape Verde to Boston
Thanks. I appreciate the info
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnile123: 9:12am On Dec 07, 2019
kingshrd:

Search for return tickets they tend to be cheaper I got one for british airways lagos -london to dallas for $1000 site (kiwi and skyscanner but bought of british airways website after been redirected
Thanks. I appreciate the info
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kayzee2374(m): 9:23am On Dec 07, 2019
Congratulations bro..wishing u safe trip ahead
battoyyeb:

I want to say a very big thank you to God Almighty for making this dream a reality and also the admins of this group (dreambig_USA), ashiwaju, ufakos, going through my visa transcript and also the wonderful mock interviews and the ginger and words of encouragement after the first denial.

Special thanks to kenkool (he hand me over to victor), jude, wahab and Victor (he is always ready to help, even went ahead to approach some profs in the department to give me GA, he never get tired of my disturbance,and always checking on me before the second interview with lots of encouragement...bro you are simply wonderful ).

Also nairaland family (texrem, fairheart, lagosismyhome, gunther and many others that i cant mention), walspring (thanks for helping with the sevis payment) Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.