Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,590 members, 7,820,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362764 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2019
eetzdave:
Good afternoon everyone..

I have an issue i am confused about and i would need help clarifying it..
I got admitted into a school in July last year which i paid the usual sevis fee, last month i got admitted into a different school which i intend going to.

Do i pay for a new sevis fee or is it transferrable?
If it can be transferred, is there any charges associated with the transfer of the sevis fee?
Id very much appreciate your response..Thank you

yes you can transfer that Sevis for free , as long as it still within the valid one year
why will they charge transfer fee of Sevis, is the money you are paying not enough that you are looking for more................ abeg come and give me money cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eetzdave(m): 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
Thank you very much. Someone is helping me transfer it and the person says i need to pay an extra 150$

LagosismyHome:

yes you can transfer that Sevis for free , as long as it still within the valid one year
why will they charge transfer fee of Sevis, is the money you are paying not enough that you are looking for more................ abeg come and give me money cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:02pm On Dec 18, 2019
rkarang:

Ponpon is not responding to msg sent to him and the issue is an urgent one. Could u pls suggest another person?
Cc AffordableTests

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2019
eetzdave:
Thank you very much. Someone is helping me transfer it and the person says i need to pay an extra 150$

You can do the transfer by yourself, i dont know why you're being charged for something that's free.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
eetzdave:

always do thing by yourself , that way information is power. It helps you understand the full end to end process . Why is someone helping you transfer it , why cant you do it yourself. The process is readily available on google.

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/2017/06/students-sevp-now-accepts-online-i-901-sevis-fee-transfer-requests
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

If he paid the fee July last year, shouldn't it have expired?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 6:11pm On Dec 18, 2019
@fairheart, I need the GRE materials too.
juwonlogbon@yahoo.com. So grateful

Princekenuk:

@fairheart, please I need some GRE materials
princeuk8743@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SuomyNona: 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
Good evening,

Please, If you have info on any school with high chances of securing funding, please kindly hint me. I just need directions in the right way.

GPA: 3.74/4.00
GRE: 317 (V - 159, Q - 158)

Intended grad program: MSc or Ph.D. in Civil Engineering.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
Stevenssen:

yes it should have, good catch ............. however an extra 150$ is not the cost of sevis

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 6:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
victree007:

If it is for Ohio State University, you wouldn't need TOEFL. According to a friend of mine that just graduated from there, you simply can provide them a language of instruction document from your Nigerian school.
I wouldn't know about other schools in Ohio. Contact the graduate college or international office for more information.

Thank you very much for this. Someone already confirmed to me that Ohio University doesn't require TOEFL from Nigerians. But now that you mentioned Ohio State Uni, I will check them out. They also have my course.

Thanks once again.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2019
Did u get admitted to a school in Staten island?
SaintHilary:
Hello house

Please can anyone help with accommodation link in Staten Island New York
My budget is $600 no mata how small the house is

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lillith: 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
SuomyNona:
Good evening,

Please, If you have info on any school with high chances of securing funding, please kindly hint me. I just need directions in the right way.

GPA: 3.74/4.00
GRE: 317 (V - 159, Q - 158)

Intended grad program: MSc or Ph.D. in Civil Engineering.

Virginia tech, university of Louisiana at Lafayette

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by electricpole(m): 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2019
Timilehin3:

I sent it myself.
If you know the courier guy that is going to help you send your official transcripts, liaise with them that you want to add your original certificates with the documents so you won't need to pay for courier service twice.
t can't u submit it after u resume in school? was it required first to get I-20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SaintHilary(m): 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2019
psychologyshuby:
Did u get admitted to a school in Staten island?
No, i need the house for my cousin who's there
I'm the one funding..you got anylinks?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mrprolifik: 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2019
SaintHilary:

No, i need the house for my cousin who's there
I'm the one funding..you got anylinks?
https://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/apa/d/staten-island-location-1-br-apartment/7039105886.html
Check this apartment out it's in staten island and it fits your budget. To search for more apartment try searching via craigslist website
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eetzdave(m): 10:14pm On Dec 18, 2019
Thank you for your response...i almost paid the money tbh....

LagosismyHome:

always do thing by yourself , that way information is power. It helps you understand the full end to end process . Why is someone helping you transfer it , why cant you do it yourself. The process is readily available on google.

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/2017/06/students-sevp-now-accepts-online-i-901-sevis-fee-transfer-requests
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by eetzdave(m): 10:15pm On Dec 18, 2019
Stevenssen:

That was a mistake...July this year..i thought we were already in 2020�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Omolade1998: 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2019
Good evening everybody. pls I'm stuck, I want to book for interview but I don't know how to go about it. have already filled and submit my ds160 form.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Timilehin3(m): 10:42pm On Dec 18, 2019
electricpole:
t can't u submit it after u resume in school? was it required first to get I-20?

Required for I-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 10:54pm On Dec 18, 2019
Gozychuks:

But that's not the statement is saying. Its sounding like I have cancelled before and that cancelling again will mean forfeiture of the Visa fee. That's why I am confused.

That’s how it sound but the explanation I sent big boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Omolade1998: 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2019
Do I need to pay another mrv fee to reschedule my interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
Omolade1998:
Do I need to pay another mrv fee to reschedule my interview?
If you had once rescheduled your interview, then you have to pay another visa fee.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JejeIsLife: 11:46pm On Dec 18, 2019
DBlessedofGod:

Hello E-family,
Great job our seniors are doing here.

Pls any Texas a and m university, commerce student or prospective student here?

I ll like to find out 
1. How long the admission process takes
2. Was GRE or GMAT waived for you? 
3. What is the school like? From your personal experience I.e. for anyone currently studying there. 

This is to guide my decision, pls help a brethren 

What I was really saying is that you should include your son in your credentials if it is required.

And if you are ask at the embassy ''are you married?'' Just tell them yes with a kid and make sure you proof for backing it e.g marriage and certificate either.

This is an answer to a line where you were ask about your relationship.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by joshhhhyy: 12:12am On Dec 19, 2019
solihp:
I would like to address this as i have been seeing this alot. I know it is not easy checking for dates and only seeing dates after your resumptions, i know it can be frustrating.

But what i want to say is chilllll grin grin grin, i know the resumption dates are getting closer and the interview dates are getting farther, but i would say on no account should you chose a day later than your resumption date at this point (i am saying at this point because i know some people would get extension letter and all that but that should be your very last resort, don't go with that option for now)

The embassy does this every admission period, there might not be date for a while but it will come to a time that they would open up dates and the fastest people would take it. The interview date might even be few days away.

So i would say, chilll, keep being alert, keep checking for the dates, don't chose a date after your resumption.

Please, am I to pay the visa application fee first to see the new dates when they open because as at now the date is January 10 in Abuja and I am expected to resume the week of January 6th? Also, please I have been denied twice - the last time being August 15. Does that mean that the January 10 I am seeing is for regular or previously denied? Please attend to me. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by joshhhhyy: 12:12am On Dec 19, 2019
solihp:
I would like to address this as i have been seeing this alot. I know it is not easy checking for dates and only seeing dates after your resumptions, i know it can be frustrating.

But what i want to say is chilllll grin grin grin, i know the resumption dates are getting closer and the interview dates are getting farther, but i would say on no account should you chose a day later than your resumption date at this point (i am saying at this point because i know some people would get extension letter and all that but that should be your very last resort, don't go with that option for now)

The embassy does this every admission period, there might not be date for a while but it will come to a time that they would open up dates and the fastest people would take it. The interview date might even be few days away.

So i would say, chilll, keep being alert, keep checking for the dates, don't chose a date after your resumption.

Please, am I to pay the visa application fee first to see the new dates when they open because as at now the date is January 10 in Abuja and I am expected to resume the week of January 6th? Also, please I have been denied twice - the last time being August 15. Does that mean that the January 10 I am seeing is for regular or previously denied? Please attend to me. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by joshhhhyy: 12:29am On Dec 19, 2019
Godiswonderful:
No it’s not

What if it is more than 2 months? Say 4/5 months.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 1:21am On Dec 19, 2019
joshhhhyy:

Yes, you have to pay another application fee. If the last time you were denied was August and if the question usually asked on the visa page still remains have you been denied in the last "two months", then your answer would no and you'd be able to apply as a regular applicant.

My statements are based on the assumption that you were last denied in August and that the question asked on the Visa page is still two months.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by joshhhhyy: 1:30am On Dec 19, 2019
solihp:

Yes, you have to pay another application fee. If the last time you were denied was August and if the question usually asked on the visa page still remains have you been denied in the last "two months", then your answer would no and you'd be able to apply as a regular applicant.

My statements are based on the assumption that you were last denied in August and that the question asked on the Visa page is still two months.

Thank you for your response. I also asked if it is possible to apply for an expedite date and get it approved?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 1:57am On Dec 19, 2019
joshhhhyy:

Thank you for your response. I also asked if it is possible to apply for an expedite date and get it approved?

I am not sure of the rules that guide expedite date, i know if you've been denied before, you can't apply for expedite date, but since your denial was in fall and this new semester is Spring. I am not quite sure, you can call the customer care to be sure

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by joshhhhyy: 2:16am On Dec 19, 2019
solihp:

I am not sure of the rules that guide expedite date, i know if you've been denied before, you can't apply for expedite date, but since your denial was in fall and this new semester is Spring. I am not quite sure, you can call the customer care to be sure

Thank you for your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Godiswonderful: 3:33am On Dec 19, 2019
At least 6 months
joshhhhyy:

What if it is more than 2 months? Say 4/5 months.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Omolade1998: 7:40am On Dec 19, 2019
brashear:

If you had once rescheduled your interview, then you have to pay another visa fee.

This is my first time to book for appointment but when I tried to reschedule they said have exceeded the limit. I don't really understand

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.