Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361314 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Alhamdulillaah: 11:19am On Dec 20, 2019
Please I need help..... I pray someone can.

I initially scheduled my interview for 24 December at Lagos US embassy. However, it has been rescheduled to 27 January and my school resume on 6 January.

Anyone with idea of available date before 5th January should please help me out.

Please ejor....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:29am On Dec 20, 2019
Alhamdulillaah:

I initially scheduled my interview for 24 December at Lagos US embassy. However, it has been rescheduled to 27 January and my school resume on 6 January.

Anyone with idea of available date before 5th January should please help me out.

Please ejor....

Even at 24 or 27 before the passport comes out , is so close to resumption. As a backup start working with the school to formally give you an extension (2 weeks or something) to buy you some more time
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 11:31am On Dec 20, 2019
Alhamdulillaah:

Please ejor....

Is this your first attempt? if yes, you can request for an expedited date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Alhamdulillaah: 11:47am On Dec 20, 2019
brashear:

Is this your first attempt? if yes, you can request for an expedited date.

Yes my first attempt and the available expedite date is 31 December which is close to resumption date before the passport comes out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Alhamdulillaah: 11:49am On Dec 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Even at 24 or 27 before the passport comes out , is so close to resumption. As a backup start working with the school to formally give you an extension (2 weeks or something) to buy you some more time

School refuse to extend because of their strict attendance policy of if u miss 10% of class you automatically fail the degree. Thus, either I get a more earlier date or defer to fall..

I feel like crying
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

The journey is to long , even with freezer bag it would defrost and can pour everywhere and become a mess . ................No need jare . Go with the ingredient and the recipe instead or check youtube on how to make it . ALso cooked meat is a major problem as it is prohibited , some POE dont allow indomine due to the chicken spice how much more the actual cooked chicken or meat

In general, you should avoid bringing fruits, vegetables, chicken, and meat (raw or cooked) into the US
Same thing I've been thinking, thank you jare
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2019
Swerveking14:
Same thing I've been thinking, thank you jare

Only you can not enjoy this sweet mummy soup oooo. Invite us to chop cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oxygen9gs: 1:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

The journey is to long , even with freezer bag it would defrost and can pour everywhere and become a mess . ................No need jare . Go with the ingredient and the recipe instead or check youtube on how to make it . ALso cooked meat is a major problem as it is prohibited , some POE dont allow indomine due to the chicken spice how much more the actual cooked chicken or meat

In general, you should avoid bringing fruits, vegetables, chicken, and meat (raw or cooked) into the US
Beef from Africa and Asia is prohibited. However, I have carried fried chicken into the US but honestly, it’s not worth the stress. Chicken is very cheap in America.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Only you can not enjoy this sweet mummy soup oooo. Invite us to chop cheesy
Soup that my mind no carry, I no even want TSA wahala, again the long stopover sef dey discourage person
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TrippleTees2004: 1:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
Hello everyone ...I would really appreciate if anyone can share GRE materials with me. Kindly quote me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
Swerveking14:
Soup that my mind no carry, I no even want TSA wahala, again the long stopover sef dey discourage person

Instead you can carry dried stuffs. Like dried ponmo, dried fish
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
TrippleTees2004:
Hello everyone ...I would really appreciate if anyone can share GRE materials with me. Kindly quote me

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-ii97JplpxMdzhHNnYxSUlPOEE

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Enasdan(m): 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
TrippleTees2004:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7sWQEWGG8KVNzV4UUlnMTNxenc

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ponpon(m): 4:42pm On Dec 20, 2019
When did you send this message? Please email!
rkarang:

Ponpon is not responding to msg sent to him and the issue is an urgent one. Could u pls suggest another person?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2019
jaymore:

Provided the couple used the DS-160 confirmation number to book the appointment, click the 'update profile' tab on the cgifederal webpage. There lies the DS-160 confirmation number which can be used to retrieve the uncompleted DS-160 form

It only shows the information of the primary applicant.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jaymore: 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
GboyegaD:

It only shows the information of the primary applicant.
I am sorry I have no idea how to retrieve the information

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ridsan4real(m): 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2019
segunbolawole:
The major reason people go after funding is to proof to some extent that u won't fall out of status due to finance reason, I've read a lot of transcript here where VO turn people down with this stage of assurance, If you can print out this mail or request an official letter stating this commitment... That will be great. Meanwhile I'm also applying to the school, would you share your GRE score and cgpa with me?

Thanks.
You can click on my profile and check my previous comment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by anikemoses(m): 9:42pm On Dec 20, 2019
Seuntolaa:

Sorry i am back again. So what can be done? How can the person go about it?
before u apply to any school, Inform them about your 3yrs Bsc, they will most likely have u spend a year taking undergraduate courses to finish your bachelors after which u can proceed with graduate school..I had a couple of my Indian classmates that were in ur shoes back then...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deegayes: 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
We are in the same shoes o
Alhamdulillaah:

Please ejor....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by anikemoses(m): 10:36pm On Dec 20, 2019
Deegayes:
We are in the same shoes o
No need putting undue pressure on yourselves, simply defer your admission to Fall, that way you have time to seek fundings from the school or other school, y’all also have ample time(120 days) to apply for your visa..

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Herjos: 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
Sorry ooo hope this is not a red flag earliest admission date is Dec 13, class start 20 Dec and am going for my interview on the 15 Dec.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 10:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
Herjos:
Sorry ooo hope this is not a red flag earliest admission date is Dec 13, class start 20 Dec and am going for my interview on the 15 Dec.
Today is 20th oo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Herjos: 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
Sorry j mean January
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by joshhhhyy: 12:08am On Dec 21, 2019
Herjos:

What location did you pick and have you been denied before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by PremiumTrends(m): 1:46am On Dec 21, 2019
Hello people. I've read this far from Part 1, and it has been a long one. Is there any one here preparing for GRE in the first quarter of 2020? I need a study partner please. It's a bit tough going solo.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omomayelakesi: 8:08am On Dec 21, 2019
Kindly Respond to your mail sir!!!
Walspring:

Amen and Let’s give all thanks to God

@All those who sent me pm or message via email, kindly check your junk or spam box to see my reply to your messages.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by querida(f): 11:03am On Dec 21, 2019
First interview (denied)
School: University of Louisiana Lafayette
Deficit : 37k, no funding
July 8 2019

Me: Good morning
V.O: Good morning. Pass your I-20
V.O: why are you going to the US
Me: I'm going to pursue my master's degree in mechanical engineering at ULL
V.O: why the US
Me: I have a new role that requires enhanced and up to date knowledge. Where else but the US where I have the opportunity of interacting with the best brains in the field.
V.O: who is sponsoring you
Me: my husband, a manger at xxxx. I also have personal savings that is enough to take care of my living expenses.
V.O: sorry you are not qualified

2nd interview (approved)
Funding: tution waiver, deficit 12k
Date: 18th December
VO is a slim white man at window 4

Me: Good morning sir
VO: Good morning ma'am.
VO: why are you going to the US
Me: I'm going to pursue my masters in engineering with a concentration in mechanical engineering at the university of Louisiana Lafayette
VO:asides this school. Did you apply to others
Me: yes. University of Arkansas and west Virginia university, asides ULL
VO: why the school
Me: I chose the ULL because it has a concentration of mechanical engineering that aligns with what I currently do. The program places emphasis on computer aided design and system vibration. The program also utilizes the university's energy institute where advanced research is being carried out in my area of interest by industry based professionals. I like the that these proffesionals use the advanced design concepts that I wish to learn. The knowledge I'll get from the program is practical and will be useful in me effectively functioning as a piping Engineer when I return.
VO:what are the advanced design concepts
Me: stress analysis in piping systems and material selection of pipes.
VO: i see you have an assistantship. Who will you be working with
Me: I will be working with,sorry, assisting Dr X in the class and laboratory. Grading assignments, invigilating exams and holding office hours.
VO:how did you get it. Did you talk to anyone?
Me: I sent an email to the grad cord. We spoke about the curriculum. He then reviewed my credentials; was impressed and recommended me for an assistantship.
V.O: who pays for the deficit
Me: my father
V.O: what does he do
Me: he is businessman and he has a couple of oil and gas stations.
VO: did you have this GA the first time:
Me: no
V.O: have you travelled before
Me: No, I've not had a reason to.
V.O: what do you do
Me: I'm a Piping engr at xxxx. I design piping systems and ensure the integrity of the designed system. I also carry out quality checks on digital models of fabricated pipes to reduce error and save cost of installation.
V.O: you're married?
Me: yes I am
V.O: is this your only child?
Me: yes, she is
V.O: what about your husband
Me: my husband works as a manager in xxxx. While I'm studying, he will be working here. Although, We have plans of me visiting with the baby during summer.
V.O: do you have your father's bank statement
Me: yes I do. I also have my personal statement of account. ( gave him the two and indicated which was mine when he asked)
V.O: I'll be approving visa for you and your daughter. Pay your reciprocity fee at .........

Thanks to fairheart for helping with my mock interviews.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 11:52am On Dec 21, 2019
PremiumTrends:
Hello people. I've read this far from Part 1, and it has been a long one. Is there any one here preparing for GRE in the first quarter of 2020? I need a study partner please. It's a bit tough going solo.
I sent you a pm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
I have read from page one to the current page of this part 15. It's very informative. If you are new here, don't be lazy to read through it. Once you go through it, you ask less questions. Information is power.

I took note of all schools mentioned here but I discovered that some of them didn't appear on msinus.com ranking; meaning that they are unranked or not categorized under A,B,C or D groups. Why are they not ranked?

They include:
1.Southern university, baton rogue
2. Austin peay state university, tennessee
3. Grand valley state university
4. Morgan state university, Baltimore
5. Kean university, new jersey
6. Western michigan university
7. University of North Dakota
8. Tennessee state university
9. University of Baltimore
10 Alabama state university

Hope one will not be disadvantaged applying to these schools?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ituanoni: 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
JonSnow23:
Hello people

Apart from your passport, DS-160 confirmation page, I-20, sevis fee payment, sevis coupon page, visa fee receipts , statement of accounts, admission letter and 40700 Naira.

What other document is needed for visa interview?

Just doing a checklist check..

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by joshhhhyy: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
Wow. Congratulations!

querida:
First interview (denied)
School: University of Louisiana Lafayette
Deficit : 37k, no funding
July 8 2019

Me: Good morning
V.O: Good morning. Pass your I-20
V.O: why are you going to the US
Me: I'm going to pursue my master's degree in mechanical engineering at ULL
V.O: why the US
Me: I have a new role that requires enhanced and up to date knowledge. Where else but the US where I have the opportunity of interacting with the best brains in the field.
V.O: who is sponsoring you
Me: my husband, a manger at xxxx. I also have personal savings that is enough to take care of my living expenses.
V.O: sorry you are not qualified

2nd interview (approved)
Funding: tution waiver, deficit 12k
Date: 18th December
VO is a slim white man at window 4

Me: Good morning sir
VO: Good morning ma'am.
VO: why are you going to the US
Me: I'm going to pursue my masters in engineering with a concentration in mechanical engineering at the university of Louisiana Lafayette
VO:asides this school. Did you apply to others
Me: yes. University of Arkansas and west Virginia university, asides ULL
VO: why the school
Me: I chose the ULL because it has a concentration of mechanical engineering that aligns with what I currently do. The program places emphasis on computer aided design and system vibration. The program also utilizes the university's energy institute where advanced research is being carried out in my area of interest by industry based professionals. I like the that these proffesionals use the advanced design concepts that I wish to learn. The knowledge I'll get from the program is practical and will be useful in me effectively functioning as a piping Engineer when I return.
VO:what are the advanced design concepts
Me: stress analysis in piping systems and material selection of pipes.
VO: i see you have an assistantship. Who will you be working with
Me: I will be working with,sorry, assisting Dr X in the class and laboratory. Grading assignments, invigilating exams and holding office hours.
VO:how did you get it. Did you talk to anyone?
Me: I sent an email to the grad cord. We spoke about the curriculum. He then reviewed my credentials; was impressed and recommended me for an assistantship.
V.O: who pays for the deficit
Me: my father
V.O: what does he do
Me: he is businessman and he has a couple of oil and gas stations.
VO: did you have this GA the first time:
Me: no
V.O: have you travelled before
Me: No, I've not had a reason to.
V.O: what do you do
Me: I'm a Piping engr at xxxx. I design piping systems and ensure the integrity of the designed system. I also carry out quality checks on digital models of fabricated pipes to reduce error and save cost of installation.
V.O: you're married?
Me: yes I am
V.O: is this your only child?
Me: yes, she is
V.O: what about your husband
Me: my husband works as a manager in xxxx. While I'm studying, he will be working here. Although, We have plans of me visiting with the baby during summer.
V.O: do you have your father's bank statement
Me: yes I do. I also have my personal statement of account. ( gave him the two and indicated which was mine when he asked)
V.O: I'll be approving visa for you and your daughter. Pay your reciprocity fee at .........

Thanks to fairheart for helping with my mock interviews.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tohsine: 1:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
solihp:

Instead you can carry dried stuffs. Like dried ponmo, dried fish

Good day solihp

I was denied this week at Lagos.

The conversation was going fine until the part that I worked in a bank. Needless to say, I'm going for masters in Engineering with full funding.

Me: I worked at ******* as bleep.

VO: A bank?

Me: Yes

VO: That's a hook ( started typing). I can not approve your visa at this time.....

My concern was that I was not given any paper whatsoever to know why the VO didn't approve it.

I have paid for another interview, I am about to choose a date in Abuja, because it has earlier date. Is it possible to reschedule to Lagos after choosing Abuja?

Do I need to complete another DS 160?

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.