Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360745 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
solihp:

When you intend to travel to the state.
Wait... what if you can't get a ticket for that day? is it a must you will travel on that day?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 10:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
Stevenssen:

Wait... what if you can't get a ticket for that day? is it a must you will travel on that day?

No it's not a must. I put 10th of January as my intended date and I got into the state on the 7th

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Magma012: 12:55am On Feb 04, 2020
hi, people, anyone knows of school that offers full tuition wavier for masters in environmental geology or geology in the US. I would appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ponpon(m): 2:56am On Feb 04, 2020
Yes I do. The school requires you write GRE and TOEFL, send transcript, write SOP, send LOR, fill online application, find an advisor and pay app fees. Still interested?

Magma012:
hi, people, anyone knows of school that offers full tuition wavier for masters in environmental geology or geology in the US. I would appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ponpon(m): 2:59am On Feb 04, 2020
If 50$ is a problem now, quit this hustle as you'll still spend a lot! sending scores, the official transcripts, SEVIS, flight. If you are really serious about this, call a family meeting or take a loan. It doesn't always come easy

Friedpotato:
Hello good afternoon everyone. I've Evaluated my transcript as well as applied to other schools paying application fee here and there and I'm kinda down on cash RN due to the numerous processes. I'm applying to another school now with the hope of getting a full ride scholarship since my SAT score and high school GPA meets the requirements. The only thing holding me is a $50 application fee.

Please I'd like to plead to good Samaritans in this house to who God/Allah has touched his/her/non-binary heart to help me with the fee either in full or in part. Please I really need this and God bless you as you reach out.

Deadline for the scholarship is Feb21

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Magma012: 3:07am On Feb 04, 2020
Very much interested

ponpon:
Yes I do. The school requires you write GRE and TOEFL, send transcript, write SOP, send LOR, fill online application, find an advisor and pay app fees. Still interested?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ProfDave123: 3:29am On Feb 04, 2020
Please who knows any school that offers masters scholarship/assistantship for any Medically-related course like medical informatics, biomedical engineering/sciences etc??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 4:01am On Feb 04, 2020
ProfDave123:
Please who knows any school that offers masters scholarship/assistantship for any Medically-related course like medical informatics, biomedical engineering/sciences etc??

Cc: ponpon

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ehizy007: 4:55am On Feb 04, 2020
It is best to Post your questions here... I dont really do PM

I'm sorry, but you're yet to respond on my proposed transcript I posted here. I'd appreciate a response please. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 5:21am On Feb 04, 2020
LagosismyHome:

It would have been so unfair to include those already in the US.....

Still not sure I understand how it applies to those in the US. Would it be those with a pending application or those in school. The rule seems so vague and makes it difficult to understand. Hopefully, it gets clearer as the days go by.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by websta: 6:57am On Feb 04, 2020
Please,i am going for ASS in cyber informatics, applied to a college without any test score because it is not required by my school. I have a Bsc in a course i dumped the certificate because i am more of an IT guy, computer guy and i love visualizations on PCs. what is likely my interview expectations?
LagosismyHome:

It is best to Post your questions here... I don't really do PM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by websta: 7:03am On Feb 04, 2020
Hello, do you have experience of anyone that has gone for associate degree F1 interview?
justwise:
If there is a transcript for part14 post it here to be added
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 04, 2020
Magma012:
Quite a number of them: Ohio University, BGSU, Kent State University, Georgia State University, Uni of Louisiana, Western Kentucky University, ETSU etc.

You will get in any of the schools with the right profile.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hemecee: 8:27am On Feb 04, 2020
Hi all! Any prospective or current students of North Dakota State University here? I have some questions I want to ask please.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:31am On Feb 04, 2020
Hemecee:
Hi all! Any prospective or current students of North Dakota State University here? I have some questions I want to ask please.

Please ask.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lady0001: 11:36am On Feb 04, 2020
Who says any of them is untrue?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2020
Lady0001. Your intended action is part of the reason why embassy doesn't trust visa applicant at all, especially from Nigeria. You even spelt it out on a public forum like this. Please, delete your post..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2020
House I have a question, is it possible for one's elder sister to stand as your sponsor. you share same surname before her marriage, now she use the surname of her husband. She promised to give me necessary documents to back it at the embassy. Is this decision okay?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
Muleriders:

My thoughts anyways. Since F1 is temporary and by default, all F1 visa holder are expected to return to their home country in the first place, the h1b is a way to adjusting to residency (work based) and the visa is just like every regular residency/immigrant visa (K1, IR1, etc).

But according to rumors that I heard. Citizens of Countries who were part of the first ban in 2018 couldn't get work based visa as most of them went back home after graduation. I don't know how true is it sha.

I will research more about this and modify/update my post when I get a detailed information

Updated. The ban doesn't affect AOS and H1b,
It doesn't affect F1 applicant as well. So, everyone is fine. smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2020
Muleriders:

Any link to share make we fit read and be fully updated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 1:42pm On Feb 04, 2020
websta:
Please,i am going for ASS in cyber informatics, applied to a college without any test score because it is not required by my school. I have a Bsc in a course i dumped the certificate because i am more of an IT guy, computer guy and i love visualizations on PCs. what is likely my interview expectations?

Your chances are super slim,
you are also not planning well.

Ass is 2 years program same as masters.

Since you already have Bsc. Apply straight for masters in your computer course. So many schools in US (my school for example) accept applicants from any undergraduate background into masters, you will just have to take few undergraduate pre-requisites.

Telling the VO that you already have a degree is a straight disqualification to your ASS, it's like graduating from a university and advancing to enroll to an OND in polytechnic

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 1:47pm On Feb 04, 2020
Juwon21:
House I have a question, is it possible for one's elder sister to stand as your sponsor. you share same surname before her marriage, now she use the surname of her husband. She promised to give me necessary documents to back it at the embassy. Is this decision okay?

Aside giving you the necessary documents, will she also give you the necessary money?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by websta: 2:51pm On Feb 04, 2020
Just that I am changing career path to cybersecurity, ethical hacking or security engineer.
Muleriders:

Since you already have Bsc. Apply straight for masters in your computer course. So many schools in US (my school for example) accept applicants from any undergraduate background into masters, you will just have to take few undergraduate pre-requisites.

Telling the VO that you already have a degree is a straight disqualification to your ASS, it's like graduating from a university and advancing to enroll to an OND in polytechnic
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by websta: 2:56pm On Feb 04, 2020
What is the name of your school?
Muleriders:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 3:01pm On Feb 04, 2020
yes. I also have some savings too personally

Aside giving you the necessary documents, will she also give you the necessary money? [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Damilare68: 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2020
Damilare68:

Good day everyone. I am new here. I have been following the threads and appreciate the information provided so far. Please, I need further clarification on the part of "visa interviews for fall 2020 resumption are till about 120 days to resumption". Does it mean you can only apply within that 4 months time frame or you should before that time frame or what?
Thank you.

Hello people. Please, I need answers to this question. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:13pm On Feb 04, 2020
Damilare68:

Good day everyone. I am new here. I have been following the threads and appreciate the information provided so far. Please, I need further clarification on the part of "visa interviews for fall 2020 resumption are till about 120 days to resumption". Does it mean you can only apply within that 4 months time frame or you should before that time frame or what?
Thank you.

If the time frame is within 120 days why not work towards that. why ask a question regarding going outside a rule .... best to stick with rules as they are meant to be followed

That been said i once saw a transcript here some years ago where the person was before 120days and the VO said he has to keep the passport and then it will be issued when it within 120days. Whether that Is still allowed I have no clue, just stating what I read on a transcript here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ProfDave123: 6:03pm On Feb 04, 2020
Predstan:

Cc: ponpon
Yes sir! Please kindly let me know the school (s)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mvem(m): 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Any link to share make we fit read and be fully updated
just google US ban on the 6 countries. It shows in details which visas are affected and what it implies. It also shows what Nigeria have to do to revert the ban
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by PremiumTrends(m): 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2020
I once read where someone got full ride from Ohio State University for Biomedical Engineering. You can check it out
ProfDave123:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 6:28pm On Feb 04, 2020
LagosismyHome:

If the time frame is within 120 days why not work towards that. why ask a question regarding going outside a rule .... best to stick with rules as they are meant to be followed

That been said i once saw a transcript here some years ago where the person was before 120days and the VO said he has to keep the passport and then it will be issued when it within 120days. Whether that Is still allowed I have no clue, just stating what I read on a transcript here

I think it's a legit question. With the spate of visa denials, applying a lot earlier makes sense just in case a person is bounced at the first attempt.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
Muleriders:

America needs Nigerians badly, but of course, they won't admit it openly. I was checking LinkedIn the other day and the number of our first-class brains over there makes me cringe...but me too go join if them open gate for me cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.