Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1359228 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
Shuayb0:
Thanks for the response bro, UNT means?

Mean Green Eagles!!!
In the past, decision Science students were funded, I don't know about now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Horlars17: 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
Which department did you apply to @BGSU?

rkarang:
I was extremely shocked when Toledo grad coord congratulated me on my admission into their program but strongly encouraged me to retake GRE/GMAT to get funding... that I should report it as soon as possible... saying that funding decision would be made in early April embarassed

Ruefully shaking my head as I type... two apps two admits... At BGSU, the second sch I applied to, the type of funding I’d get is still very unclear... tho the response of the grad coord is almost an assurance that I’d get funding...

In view of this uncertainty that revolves around my apps, I’ll like to add one more app... so I humbly seek suggestion from seniors on here...

Profile:
ND 4.51/5.0 Business Studies
BSC: 4.24/5.0 Business Administration
GRE: 301 (Verbal 144 Quant 157)
Intending course: Business Analytics or Operation Management
MS preferably
I’m afraid my profile especially GRE score is not good enough for PhD

I’ll appreciate your suggestions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jerikoyan(m): 2:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
you can also try GWU seems they have small funding
Shuayb0:
Hello Everyone

This is an amazing forum with lots of people using their precious time to assist others. Kudos

Any one with info on a school with a non expensive Ms Data Science or Analytics program or one with a good prospect for graduate assistantship (I’m already applying to Minnesota state and Austin Peay State). I have a computer science degree, 3.94/5.0. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2020
[quote author=sultanfortune post=86397195]

The LSAT is a must for admission into a Law school in the USA, whether funding or not.

I really do not think you can get fully funded for Law degree in the US. You can get some form of scholarship that can aid with offsetting part of your tuition.

The LSAT is not a must. If is not mandatory for International students at the University of Illinois Urbana Champagne.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 2:33pm On Feb 05, 2020
jerikoyan:
you can also try GWU seems they have small funding

GWU is very expensive. Like 50k per year or so. Even with small funding, you still have a lot of money to pay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morgang(m): 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2020
Please good people, has anyone ever being admitted with deficit of approximately $7,000 and Stipends (TA) worth $10,000 for 9 months?

Is the offer a fair deal. Asking for a friend
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Northeastern: 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
Dulles25:
Anyone at Vermont law school?

What do you want to know? I'm in one of the New England states and have met some students from there.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Northeastern: 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
morgang:
Please good people, has anyone ever being admitted with deficit of approximately $7,000 and Stipends (TA) worth $10,000 for 9 months?

It is for you to judge, only you understand your situation based on the info in the post. Some people get full-ride while others don't get a cent. So, are you able to foot the rest of the COA with the offer you got?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 4:10pm On Feb 05, 2020
morgang:

Most people get that. Mostly the 7k would be part of the living expenses and you might not have to pay the 7k to the school. If they are waiving your tuition +stipends of 10k, then it's a good deal. Of course, depending of the living costs of the location of the school.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lightp: 4:12pm On Feb 05, 2020
anfanio:

It's highly unlikely you will be issued a visa (F1) in April for September admission, it's outside of the 120 days window and if you did, F1 Visa rules limit your entry to 30 days before your school start date. Anything outside of the 30 days before start date is enforced by immigration at Port of entry. (Denial of entry/Deportation).

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lightp: 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2020
solihp:

Your i20 determines when you can leave. You can only leave within 30days before the program start date stated on your i20. If you leave earlier than that, you will be sent back at US port of entry.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morgang(m): 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
solihp:

Most people get that. Mostly the 7k would be part of the living expenses and you might not have to pay the 7k to the school. If they are waiving your tuition +stipends of 10k, then it's a good deal. Of course, depending of the living costs of the location of the school.

Okay. I guess tuition was waived aside other little expenses. But here comes the statement... kindly check attached. That would definitely be the deficit on i20..

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morgang(m): 4:19pm On Feb 05, 2020
Northeastern:

It is for you to judge, only you understand your situation based on the info in the post. Some people get full-ride while others don't get a cent. So, are you able to foot the rest of the COA with the offer you got?

I’m actually asking for friend. Kindly check attached and interpret that... he can afford it.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
morgang:

Okay. I guess tuition was waived aside other little expenses. But here comes the statement... kindly check attached. That would definitely be the deficit on i20..

I am not sure what the admission letter says, does it say full tuition waiver, cause this out of state waiver, it might mean he would have to pay part of the tuition
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Northeastern: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
solihp:

I am not sure what the admission letter says, does it say full tuition waiver, cause this out of state waiver, it might mean he would have to pay part of the tuition

He continues to provide information that does not help or answer his question. The letter clearly says he needs about 7k dollars to cancel out the deficit on his i20 and his asking if the offer is worth it.

To know if the offer is worth it depends on the circumstance of the candidate. Whether the person has other pending decisions is the most critical info needed to respond to him. If that is the only school he/she is looking at, then the focus shifts to affordability.

Before they'll say I'm rude, how can someone that has gone through the admission process be asking this question and then not providing context?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
websta:
So should I hide my Bsc qualification?

With your age, the vo will find likely find out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Paccus:

What’s the name of your school please??

Southern arkansas University, magnolia in the state of Arkansas

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
websta:
What is the name of your school?

Southern arkansas University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mvem(m): 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
rkarang:
I was extremely shocked when Toledo grad coord congratulated me on my admission into their program but strongly encouraged me to retake GRE/GMAT to get funding... that I should report it as soon as possible... saying that funding decision would be made in early April embarassed

Ruefully shaking my head as I type... two apps two admits... At BGSU, the second sch I applied to, the type of funding I’d get is still very unclear... tho the response of the grad coord is almost an assurance that I’d get funding...

In view of this uncertainty that revolves around my apps, I’ll like to add one more app... so I humbly seek suggestion from seniors on here...

Profile:
ND 4.51/5.0 Business Studies
BSC: 4.24/5.0 Business Administration
GRE: 301 (Verbal 144 Quant 157)
Intending course: Business Analytics or Operation Management
MS preferably
I’m afraid my profile especially GRE score is not good enough for PhD

I’ll appreciate your suggestions
If you follow this forum well you will see many with your profile getting PhD admit. You are not right by saying it is not good enough
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
morgang:

I’m actually asking for friend. Kindly check attached and interpret that... he can afford it.

oga, all you need in your account is $7k. If he thinks this offer is not worth it then. he should hit his head on a stone.

This is a fantastic offer from texas tech.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
solihp:

they have already stated the cost to be $6k approx. there is no need for further confusion.

he should budget that amount for his studies since the RA will offset the rest when he gets paid.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abacino007(m): 8:18pm On Feb 05, 2020
Good evening,

Please is there anybody here applying/ already attending to Illinois State University?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
[quote author=Lildairo post=86398994][/quote]

Then what was used to evaluate the international students at Urbana Champagne to determine their admissibility into their Law School?

You must understand that prior to now, LSAT is or was a requirement to get into Law school in the USA. Things may be different now, you can guide the person that asked the question and tell him what is needed to get admission into the Law School at Urbana Champagne.

All I know is that there must be an admission test to evaluate the admissibility of the applicants, maybe they now use GRE as a parameter too in the University of Illinois Urbana Champagne. WHO KNOWS!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 8:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
frapzkid:

University of north Texas at Denton
Gracias
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 8:59pm On Feb 05, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

oga, all you need in your account is $7k. If he thinks this offer is not worth it then. he should hit his head on a stone.

Your words are harsh here.

You can make your input without resorting to being aggressive with your words.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:20pm On Feb 05, 2020
morgang:

Only him knows his pocket best...... so only him can determine if he can afford it

However any offer is better than no offer so I think it's a good deal

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lightp: 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
morgang:

Hey don't mind all these people using harp tone on you.
Please if you are still confused, just email you Graduate coordinator and ask him or her to help you break it down. You won't lose your admission for seeking clarity.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:31pm On Feb 05, 2020
sultanfortune:

Your words are harsh here.

You can make your input without resorting to being aggressive with your words.

sorry.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
Next2Bezee:
Good Evening, House

I have a quick question: is it advisable to pay a deposit to the uni before visa interview? I am still in the application process, and my university has informed me that it has no issues receiving deposit before resumption (and it's refund system is okay).

I have no issues with finances, and my mother is my sponsor, but I do not have a GA or Scholarship offer. I am worried that this will put the V.O off.; that's why I am thinking of paying a deposit, to show my intention to really study.

Hello,

Paying deposit towards your tuition won't increase your chances of getting visa so in my opinion there's no need for you to pay

Second if you don't get the visa and you request for refund, you won't get all your money back as some of it will be used as administrative costs to process the refund. A Canadian school did it to my brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morgang(m): 10:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Oh really! Let me choose to ignore this post. It’s a public forum where no one knows his/her boundary. I blame myself bringing this up.

Sorry ma’am.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
Shuayb0:
Hello Everyone

This is an amazing forum with lots of people using their precious time to assist others. Kudos

Any one with info on a school with a non expensive Ms Data Science or Analytics program or one with a good prospect for graduate assistantship (I’m already applying to Minnesota state and Austin Peay State). I have a computer science degree, 3.94/5.0. Thanks

MS data science is expensive and usually not funded. MS business analytics is quite expensive and it being done in business school as packaged deal with MBA makes funding slim.

As you have a computer science degree, look for MS in computer science or computer Information Systems. This will increase your chances of funding then you can do business analytics option. You can always learn analytics online or in boot camps.

You can kill two birds with one stone. Check my other posts

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2020
morgang:

Oh really! Let me choose to ignore this post. It’s a public forum where no one knows his/her boundary. I blame myself bringing this up.

Sorry ma’am.

Apology accepted

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.