Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357241 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2020
jayzen:
Hi
Please what does it mean to accept an admission offer?
I mean, after receiving an acceptance email, is there anything one has to do to show that s/he has accepted the offer? Or is it different with schools?

It's different with schools, some you have to accept on the application portal, some you have to sign the offer letter and send back to them.

However, I will say it's not necessary to accept the admission if the deadline is not close and if you're still waiting for other schools.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
Oohk. It's different indeed.
Thanks for clarifying.

solihp:

It's different with schools, some you have to accept on the application portal, some you have to sign the offer letter and send back to them.

However, I will say it's not necessary to accept the admission if the deadline is not close and if you're still waiting for other schools.

All the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mvem(m): 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2020
oxygen9gs:

Beef from Africa and Asia is prohibited. However, I have carried fried chicken into the US but honestly, it’s not worth the stress. Chicken is very cheap in America.
I sent you a pm...I want to make some inquiries. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ayitty(f): 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
SOJ2019:
Hi,
I have less than 73hours to submit my essay for Graduate Assistanship and I kindly need help with proofreading.

Thanks

Sent you a DM some hours ago.Kindly revert
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LordTrezy(m): 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
Please what is the effect of not applying to so many schools in visa interview. Although I applied to 3 other schools but I didn't complete the application eventually since my school of choice gave me the admission. Also what are the documents to go with aside the I20 form for interview. Kindly assist.

NB: I got admission into university of Michigan-Dearborn. Does anyone have any info about this school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marchenry(m): 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2020
Hello family

Silent follower of this thread for a while now.
Amazing work guys, Una too much.

Preparing for the fall semester, Ball state University.

School just sent me an email that my English proficiency which was initially marked as waived was an error and that I should upload IELTS or TOEFL result.

Which I didn't see coming!

My question is, do I still have time to write the exam before fall semester?

If YES, please how do I go about it? How much does it cost and I'm also open to materials that will prepare me as soon as possible.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by librangyps(f): 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
I got admitted to Virginia tech and Kansas State University for Masters (Accounting ).

I have also applied for assistantship and scholarship but nothing yet.

Who else applied to these schools for fall?

I feel so frustrated! the waiting and expecting is not easy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by librangyps(f): 8:00pm On Feb 21, 2020
Marchenry:
Hello family

School just sent me an email that my English proficiency which was initially marked as waived was an error and that I should upload IELTS or TOEFL result.

If YES, please how do I go about it? How much does it cost and I'm also open to materials that will prepare me as soon as possible.

Thanks

I used YouTube videos solely for tips and question format for about two weeks and scored 104 on toefl. I paid 50k for the test.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dreemerr: 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2020
I send you PM, please reply I have a juisy information for you concerning ball state university.

Marchenry:
Hello family

Thanks

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2020
I understand that feeling! I'm in same shoes. But just as shawarma will always say : Breathe! And relax!.
The waiting can be sooo... Gosh...with all the apprehension, But then that's what we gotta do.
However, be in your GC's email, keep reiterating your interest in a GA, and update him/her about your recent engagements that bolsters your skills for the position you're applying for.
Best of luck!

librangyps:
I got admitted to Virginia tech and Kansas State University for Masters (Accounting ).

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2020
librangyps:

Also applied to Kansas state and still no news yet as regards admission and funding. Although the graduate coordinator assured me of admission before the end of February and funding decisions would come by March.

I guess funding for you would come by March. But you can allay your worries by confirming from your GC..

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marchenry(m): 11:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
librangyps:

I used YouTube videos solely for tips and question format for about two weeks and scored 104 on toefl. I paid 50k for the test.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oxygen9gs: 11:44pm On Feb 21, 2020
mvem:
I sent you a pm...I want to make some inquiries. Thanks
I have replied your email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jidonskii(m): 12:29am On Feb 22, 2020
Hello all, i have a question to ask. My passport is going to expire next year and i'm about applying for a US masters program for the upcoming fall semester that runs for over a year. Peradventure i do get admission, what exactly am i supposed to do to get visa? I assume i would have to cancel my current passport and apply for a new one. Don't really know, honestly in the dark here
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Marchenry(m): 12:55am On Feb 22, 2020
Dreemerr:
I send you PM, please reply I have a juisy information for you concerning ball state university.

Accepted your message, what's the information bro?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Northeastern: 1:46am On Feb 22, 2020
Whoever thinks the Visa ban would be reversed soon should buckle up going by the following comment in the link below. “President Muhammadu

"Buhari would commission the Nigeria Immigration Data Technology Centre before the end of the year 2020, as part of the Federal Government’s commitment to ensuring that her data is linked with security agencies globally.”

So the foreign affairs minister played Nigerians when he said the ban will be lifted in a month, this same Aragbe also played Nigerians when he said all the requirements were already in place and that it was a gap in communication between his office and the US authorities that caused the ban.

https://www.nairaland.com/5698406/nigeria-appeals-u.s-over-visa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 3:34am On Feb 22, 2020
LordTrezy:
Please what is the effect of not applying to so many schools in visa interview. Although I applied to 3 other schools but I didn't complete the application eventually since my school of choice gave me the admission. Also what are the documents to go with aside the I20 form for interview. Kindly assist.

NB: I got admission into university of Michigan-Dearborn. Does anyone have any info about this school?

It's in Dearborn, MI and a part of the University of Michigan system. It is close to Detroit and close to Canadian borders.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gunther6(m): 5:35am On Feb 22, 2020
Una well done o. S/O to all the dream chasers in the house, don't give up. #Mambaout
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Makah00: 8:30am On Feb 22, 2020
Hello Nairaland. I’m a pretty new member in the house and I have motive to traveling to the usa for my msc

I studied economics for my undergraduate with a CGPA of 3.98/5.00 and I’m planing to go for my masters in economics. I graduated in 2019 and I haven’t been opportuned to have any working experience.
Gurus in the house I need your advice of the following questions

1)Is there a chance to get a school with full funding or at least part ? As I have searched online for schools that offers scholarships
2) What test do I have to write to process the admission

I’m a newbie on here I will appreciate any advice and any form of help from anyone. Pls feel free to email me at michaelmakah@gmail.com
Thanks for taking your time to read through. I look forward to hear from you soon
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Makah00: 8:51am On Feb 22, 2020
Hello nairaland. I'm a pretty new member in the house and i have motive to travelling to the usa for my msc.

I studied economics for my undergraduate with a cgpa of 3.98/5.00 and I'm planning to go for my masters in economics. I graduated in 2019 and I haven't been opportuned to have any working experience. Gurus in the house I need your advice of the following questions

1)is there a chance of getting full scholarship or at least part

2)what test do I have to write to process this admission

I'm a newbie here, I will appreciate any advice and any form of help from Anyone. Pls feel free to email me at michaelmakah@gmail.com. Thanks for taking your time to read through. I look forward to hear from you soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Makah00: 8:52am On Feb 22, 2020
Hello Nairaland. I’m a pretty new member in the house and I have motive to traveling to the usa for my msc

I studied economics for my undergraduate with a CGPA of 3.98/5.00 and I’m planing to go for my masters in economics. I graduated in 2019 and I haven’t been opportuned to have any working experience.

1)Is there a chance to get a school with full funding or at least part ? As I have searched online for schools that offers scholarships

I’m a newbie on here I will appreciate any advice and any form of help from anyone. Pls feel free to email me at michaelmakah@gmail.com
Thanks for taking your time to read through. I look forward to hear from you soon
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 9:00am On Feb 22, 2020
1.Yes, you can get schools with full funding.
2. You need to begin your search for schools, only then will you know what tests are required of you. But since you're going for Economics, there are chances you'll be required to write the GRE. So prep up for that while you make your search.
It's important to take your time to search out schools that match your interests.

Best of luck!
The gurus are here to guide you once you take necessary steps.

Makah00:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Makah00: 9:06am On Feb 22, 2020
Thank you very much . I will take the gre asap. Do you know any school that give full funding?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 10:36am On Feb 22, 2020
As of yesterday there was a date on Tuesday but now I guess Thursday, as Wednesday is a holiday.
Paragontek:
I want to apply for visa last week of February. Please when could be my earliest appointment date?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by madamL(f): 11:16am On Feb 22, 2020
Well done everyone and I appreciate the great work you're all doing.
I read a lot about VOs and the embassy asking about strong ties to Nigeria. What happens in a situation where a girl is single, in her late twenties and about to go for a Master's program. She has been given admission, a great assistantship, a very good monthly stipend and a full tuition waiver. Will her single status count much?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 1:18pm On Feb 22, 2020
Sincerely, only a VO can answer this your question.

madamL:
Well done everyone and I appreciate the great work you're all doing.
I read a lot about VOs and the embassy asking about strong ties to Nigeria. What happens in a situation where a girl is single, in her late twenties and about to go for a Master's program. She has been given admission, a great assistantship, a very good monthly stipend and a full tuition waiver. Will her single status count much?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
Makah00:
Thank you very much . I will take the gre asap. Do you know any school that give full funding?

There are a few schools. You need to ace the quantitative section of the GRE and put more of your focus on schools with terminal Masters and no PhD in Economics to increase your chances of finding.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Bleuocean: 4:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
please all

is Northwest Missouri state university accepted by embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by madamL(f): 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
Pepperoni001:
Sincerely, only a VO can answer this your question.

Thanks. The problem is this emphasis on proving there are strong ties and marriage seems to count much. I searched though, and saw on another closed thread where an embassy official said most student's visa seekers are single.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 6:14pm On Feb 22, 2020
madamL:

Thanks. The problem is this emphasis on proving there are strong ties and marriage seems to count much. I searched though, and saw on another closed thread where an embassy official said most student's visa seekers are single.

I believe majority of the people who got their visas approved and schooling in the USA now r single or were single when they visited the embassy.

Must you be married to go and school? As long as ur intentions r legit going for studies, I don’t think you should be worried as long as you can convince the VO to give u the F1 visa.

Case closed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.