Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357624 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 11:30am On Mar 02, 2020
Miscellaneous:

When did u get the offer? I also applied to ttu and no response whatsoever yet.

What course did u applied for?

Hi, good morning,

I think you should mail your GC, and keep doing them a reminder. My admission came over 3weeks ago, while I just received my assistantship last Saturday.

Don't give up

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Enireqx20(f): 12:08pm On Mar 02, 2020
Hello house,

I just got an offer of admission from Emory University MDp program for fall 2020. I was told I'll receive the letter this week.

My problem now is my transcript. I applied for them since January and I still haven't gotten them till now. I was told they're not printing transcripts at the moment and it's affecting completion of my application to other schools as well.
I have reached out to the school but nothing is happening. Does anyone have any contact with any University of Calabar employee? Please help a sister o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by firstregistrar: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2020
Mr. Man! Must you comment on every post! If you don't have anything better to say, just pass

CptCharlesVane:
dislike sneaky requests. Ask yourself how would what you have written here be of any help to others when they read much later when you’ve got what you’re after. If there’s anything I regret is responding privately to people who couldn’t even out of common courtesy to share their admission and funding decisions and steps they took from then on, they just ghosted...bunch of selfish people steady lurking around to always take take and TAKE

Your previous comment asked for PhD schools, now you’re asking people to help you/a guy to make a decision on funded offers.

Tell a guy to share which schools are offering what because people who do also know how to keep secrets but you are here because they were foolish enough to put up their embarrassing scores grades and even average school admissions.

By the way how is any of this your business sef...Are you his father? Let who has time and data tell you and a guy what to do about top school, average school and stipends.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 1:47pm On Mar 02, 2020
Hello NL, please i need the thread for TOEFL. I am preparing for the exam soon
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2020
Your advice would serve you better. Use it!
firstregistrar:
Mr. Man! Must you comment on every post! If you don't have anything better to say, just pass

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2020
Go to your school in person. Nigerian universities are not reliable, or you will wait till August. Find time and go there. That is what will get things done for you!
Enireqx20:
Hello house,

I just got an offer of admission from Emory University MDp program for fall 2020. I was told I'll receive the letter this week.

My problem now is my transcript. I applied for them since January and I still haven't gotten them till now. I was told they're not printing transcripts at the moment and it's affecting completion of my application to other schools as well.
I have reached out to the school but nothing is happening. Does anyone have any contact with any University of Calabar employee? Please help a sister o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Enireqx20(f): 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
fairheart:
Go to your school in person. Nigerian universities are not reliable, or you will wait till August. Find time and go there. That is what will get things done for you!

Alright. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 6:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
abid4akin:
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to get an on-campus job while still here in Nigeria. Is it also possible for stipends from this job to reflect on my i20?

Why I ask this, I was offered just tuition scholarship at ETSU cos there are no more GA positions, therefore left with living cost, about 18k usd. I'm so much looking into cutting this down to bolster my chance.

All advises would be appreciated.

Thanks y'all.

ETSU doesnt give GA until you resume for studies. You will a GA position only when you are on ground.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dgee1(m): 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
Please would you say it is too late to apply to ETSU now for fall 2020?

Predstan:

ETSU doesnt give GA until you resume for studies. You will a GA position only when you are on ground.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
Hello Fam,

I've been scheduled for an assistantship interview by Wednesday. It's not a research or teaching position but an administrative one within/outside the school , I guess(cos that seems to be what they have more of given the various agencies partnering with them) . I wasn't told which exactly. My GC only said and I quote “I would like to schedule you for an interview for several assistantship positions". I really don't know what to expect, can someone please clue me in on salient points I need to know? What should I expect (from your experiences).

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
Predstan:

Not all departments in ETSU

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by abid4akin(m): 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2020
Predstan:

I don't know how true this is for other programs, buh this is untrue for the Ms. Maths and Stat dept. I know of a friend who got a GA while still here in Nigeria. Also, the grad cord stated that GA positions are already filled, advised me to look into other GA's other than the departmental GA or accept a tuition scholarship from him and support myself with an on-campus job.

Are you already in ETSU or a prospective student.. I'd love to link up please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by firstregistrar: 10:08pm On Mar 02, 2020
Not surprised though. Best wishes with such behavior

CptCharlesVane:
Your advice would serve you better. Use it!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CptCharlesVane: 11:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
Yeah right! with the way you mind your business you’ll go very far in life.
firstregistrar:
Not surprised though. Best wishes with such behavior

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Evicsholar(f): 12:46am On Mar 03, 2020
Good day all.

I am planning and preparing for Spring/Fall 2021.
My profile: BSc Biological science (4.31/5.0)
MSc (in view) Cell Biology and Genetics (expected-2.4 or 2.5/4.0)
No publications
Currently preparing for GRE.

I feel my MSc GPA is quite low. Can I apply for PhD with my first degree credentials and do coursework in my first year (like MS/PhD)? If yes, is it advisable to include my MSc transcript in applications?

Also for school dropping GRE requirements for admission, what then do they use as admission criteria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 2:19am On Mar 03, 2020
Pefuele:

Not all departments in ETSU

Ok. That's Fine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hybeenoni: 5:11am On Mar 03, 2020
To the guys admitted by TTU, congratulations, can't wait to welcome you here in Lubbock. Feel free to send pm.

@miscellaneous and Dgreatestt

Only if you are admitted and resuming at TTU

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:22am On Mar 03, 2020
General question about your experience at your current job, academic background and why you feel you fit the position you have applied for. Just make sure you are confident and aware of duties attached to normal administrative assistantship.
jayzen:
Hello Fam,

I've been scheduled for an assistantship interview by Wednesday. It's not a research or teaching position but an administrative one within/outside the school , I guess(cos that seems to be what they have more of given the various agencies partnering with them) . I wasn't told which exactly. My GC only said and I quote “I would like to schedule you for an interview for several assistantship positions". I really don't know what to expect, can someone please clue me in on salient points I need to know? What should I expect (from your experiences).

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2020
Abeg o, who’s a Minnesota state university Mankato prospect here ? Prairie view a and m nko? I’ve submitted to both esp the first, who has news on them ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2020
hybeenoni:
To the guys admitted by TTU, congratulations, can't wait to welcome you here in Lubbock. Feel free to send pm.

@miscellaneous and Dgreatestt

Only if you are admitted and resuming at TTU

Thanks boss. Hope to see you soon..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DassaM: 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
Evans211:

Bro, Go to the nearest post office close to you, your package is waiting for you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pefuele(m): 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2020
Please who has idea of how much ECE evaluation is?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2020
Enireqx20:
Hello house,

Your posts is a bit contradictory. If u already gained an admission to Emory using a transcript, how can it be that u don't have a transcript to apply to other schools?

Except you got the admission without a transcript...n u would have to submit the official transcript before resumption at Emory. Or u might be allowed to resume at Emory with your unsealed transcript from unical in your hands.

Just confirm from Emory and check how much time you have before submitting the transcript. You might have to go to unical anyways.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2020
Evicsholar:
Good day all.

I am planning and preparing for Spring/Fall 2021.
My profile: BSc Biological science (4.31/5.0)
MSc (in view) Cell Biology and Genetics (expected-2.4 or 2.5/4.0)
No publications
Currently preparing for GRE.

I feel my MSc GPA is quite low. Can I apply for PhD with my first degree credentials and do coursework in my first year (like MS/PhD)? If yes, is it advisable to include my MSc transcript in applications?

Also for school dropping GRE requirements for admission, what then do they use as admission criteria?

Don't hide your previous degree oooo. Even if u were rusticated from a school, u must still declare it.

I read that biology related courses are dropping the GRE quite a lot. I guess they just concluded that the exam doesn't prove anything regarding your actual graduate school performance. If graduate school was left to GRE alone, every American campus will be packed with only chinese and Indians alone.

I think your SOP is your most important application document. Just my opinion o.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hybeenoni: 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2020
Evans211:

How far, didn't hear from you again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Enireqx20(f): 8:49pm On Mar 03, 2020
RealTrump:

Your posts is a bit contradictory. If u already gained an admission to Emory using a transcript, how can it be that u don't have a transcript to apply to other schools?

Except you got the admission without a transcript...n u would have to submit the official transcript before resumption at Emory. Or u might be allowed to resume at Emory with your unsealed transcript from unical in your hands.

Just confirm from Emory and check how much time you have before submitting the transcript. You might have to go to unical anyways.

I gained admission without the transcripts as I was told to come with the official transcripts upon resumption.

Based on what I have read here, I need to apply to at least three universities. I need the transcripts to complete my application to the other two schools so that it won't be a problem on the visa interview day
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
Please house, I need your suggestions. I scheduled for appointment today and I got last last week of April.
I think it's a bit far for me, since my program starts June.
Is there any possibility of rescheduling for an earlier date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rkarang: 10:12pm On Mar 03, 2020
Evans211:

Evans, how’s your BGSU funding like?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2020
April is fine. one month is enough for you to prepare.
Paragontek:
Please house, I need your suggestions. I scheduled for appointment today and I got last last week of April.
I think it's a bit far for me, since my program starts June.
Is there any possibility of rescheduling for an earlier date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
Hello house,

Please What happens if I pay the SEVIS fee for one school, and then I change my mind and decide that I want to attend the other school? Can I move my SEVIS fee to the new school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 04, 2020
hybeenoni:

How far, didn't hear from you again

Hi bro, I tried reaching out but seem like I’ve misplaced your numb. Will check my mail and chat you up.

Thanks for asking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.