Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1358724 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olufemichael(m): 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
Can one use a passport scheduled to expire by July 2021 to apply for F-1 visa? How much is SEVIS, Visa Application and Issuance for Nigeria?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olufemichael(m): 6:22pm On Mar 06, 2020
Olufemichael:
Can one use a passport scheduled to expire by July 2021 to apply for F-1 visa? How much is SEVIS, Visa Application and Issuance for Nigeria?

Please note that I have a 5-year doctoral offer already.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 7:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
Dgreatestt:

Hi, good morning,

I think you should mail your GC, and keep doing them a reminder. My admission came over 3weeks ago, while I just received my assistantship last Saturday (29/02/2020)

Don't give up

Bro please I just got the call to apply for teaching assistantship and I do not know the format or how to go about it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Enireqx20(f): 7:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
lordeoregon:

You can only do an internship in the US after your 1st year. Before signing up for the loan, pls have a well thought plan on how you can repay it. If you are hopeful of better offers from other schools, I'd suggest you wait.

The others schools I'm applying to are not giving any kind of partial or full tuition waiver except for assistantships in the second year.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Baddest1(m): 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
I'm a Petroleum Engineering undergraduate in my final year. I'd like us to connect if that's fine with you.
Matinoh:
Greetings.
Undergrad CGPA = 3.43 (Wes unofficial)
Undergrad course = petroleum engineering
intending course = petroleum engineering (Ms/PhD)
Gre = 295 ( Q 151 , V 144)
TOEFL= 88
Publications= nil
Below are the schools I applied to.

University of North Dakota : accepted into the PhD program without funding. I went ahead to Send emails to the GC but was promised research assistantship after my first semester based on my performance. I see PhD admit without funding as a subtle rejection.
University of Louisiana, Lafayette : accepted into the Ms program. No info on funding. GC is yet to reply my email.
Missouri university of science and technology: accepted into the Ms non-thesis program without funding.
West Virginia university, Morgantown: awaiting PhD admission decision.
Funding seems elusive. My test scores are frustrating my CGPA. I'm in despair
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mrprolifik: 9:23pm On Mar 06, 2020
Olufemichael:
Yes you can use the passport to apply. 6months validity is the minimum acceptable.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
Rabato:

Bro please I just got the call to apply for teaching assistantship and I do not know the format or how to go about it.

You can DM let's relate on that.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 2:40pm On Mar 07, 2020
Can someone who schooled in Benin Republic apply for WES evaluation?

I am asking for a friend>
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Musbeni(m): 3:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
Please good people, help me to criticize my transcript
1 VO: What is your study plan/ what are you going for in the USA
Me: I am going to USA for doctoral degree in chemistry at the university of south Carolina. The program is expected to run for 5years and I will be offering 60hours in total. 15 hours in first year.
2 VO: What are the courses you will be offering
Me: CHM 711, CHM 703, CHM 752, CHM 735
3 VO: How did you hear about the school
Me: A friend of mine who is a student of the school recommended the school to me. This prompt me to go to their site to get more information about them by checking their requirements, the current research going on there. Having satisfied with what I saw, I decided to apply.
4 VO: How many school did you apply to.
Me: 3
5 VO: name them
Me: university of south Carolina, Louisiana state university and University of Idaho.
6 VO: how many admit you
Me: 2
7 VO: why did you chose USC
Me: I chose USC because the research of one faculty member there prof..... aligned intimately with my research interest in environmental chemistry. My undergraduate project was on preparation and characterization of locust been pud as an adsorbent for removal of dye and heavy metal from industrial effluent.
8 VO: what us your highest qualification
Me: B.tech/ B.sc
9 VO: so you are going straight to PhD
Me: yes
10 VO: Who is funding your study
Me: the program is fully funded by my department with tuition waiver, TA and generous stipends
11 VO: how did you get this funding
Me: due to the quality of the documents that I submitted; my undergraduate cgpa, my GRE score and my statement of purpose
12 VO: did you do any test
Me: yes, GRE and TOEFL
13 VO: what is your GRE score
Me: 307
14 VO: are you married
Me: no but engaged
15 VO: is she coming with you
Me: no
16 VO: what is your plan after study
Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria to take up a job as a lecturer in my alma mata and also serve as a consultant to some companies
17 VO: when did you finished your b.sc
Me: 2015
18 VO: what have you been doing
Me: I went for my nysc in 2017 and take up a role as a chemistry teacher in a private secondary school in 2018, after which I move to another school in 2019
19 VO: who is an environmental chemist
Me: an environmental chemist is a chemist that make use of analytical instruments to determine the presence of hazardous chemical in environment and provide solution for its eradication.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
Matinoh:
Greetings.
Undergrad CGPA = 3.43 (Wes unofficial)
Undergrad course = petroleum engineering
intending course = petroleum engineering (Ms/PhD)
Gre = 295 ( Q 151 , V 144)
TOEFL= 88
Publications= nil
Below are the schools I applied to.

University of North Dakota : accepted into the PhD program without funding. I went ahead to Send emails to the GC but was promised research assistantship after my first semester based on my performance. I see PhD admit without funding as a subtle rejection.
University of Louisiana, Lafayette : accepted into the Ms program. No info on funding. GC is yet to reply my email.
Missouri university of science and technology: accepted into the Ms non-thesis program without funding.
West Virginia university, Morgantown: awaiting PhD admission decision.
Funding seems elusive. My test scores are frustrating my CGPA. I'm in despair

MST is very expensive. They gave me little funding but i would pass.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dotzok: 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
Olufemichael:

Sevis is 350$
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by udi2111: 9:25pm On Mar 07, 2020
Do anyone know of any reliable and trusted person that registers TOEFL for 40k.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
udi2111:
Do anyone know of any reliable and trusted person that registers TOEFL for 40k.

Ponpon

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Musbeni(m): 11:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
Musbeni:
Please good people, help me to criticize my transcript
1 VO: What is your study plan/ what are you going for in the USA
Me: I am going to USA for doctoral degree in chemistry at the university of south Carolina. The program is expected to run for 5years and I will be offering 60hours in total. 15 hours in first year.
2 VO: What are the courses you will be offering
Me: CHM 711, CHM 703, CHM 752, CHM 735
3 VO: How did you hear about the school
Me: A friend of mine who is a student of the school recommended the school to me. This prompt me to go to their site to get more information about them by checking their requirements, the current research going on there. Having satisfied with what I saw, I decided to apply.
4 VO: How many school did you apply to.
Me: 3
5 VO: name them
Me: university of south Carolina, Louisiana state university and University of Idaho.
6 VO: how many admit you
Me: 2
7 VO: why did you chose USC
Me: I chose USC because the research of one faculty member there prof..... aligned intimately with my research interest in environmental chemistry. My undergraduate project was on preparation and characterization of locust been pud as an adsorbent for removal of dye and heavy metal from industrial effluent.
8 VO: what us your highest qualification
Me: B.tech/ B.sc
9 VO: so you are going straight to PhD
Me: yes
10 VO: Who is funding your study
Me: the program is fully funded by my department with tuition waiver, TA and generous stipends
11 VO: how did you get this funding
Me: due to the quality of the documents that I submitted; my undergraduate cgpa, my GRE score and my statement of purpose
12 VO: did you do any test
Me: yes, GRE and TOEFL
13 VO: what is your GRE score
Me: 307
14 VO: are you married
Me: no but engaged
15 VO: is she coming with you
Me: no
16 VO: what is your plan after study
Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria to take up a job as a lecturer in my alma mata and also serve as a consultant to some companies
17 VO: when did you finished your b.sc
Me: 2015
18 VO: what have you been doing
Me: I went for my nysc in 2017 and take up a role as a chemistry teacher in a private secondary school in 2018, after which I move to another school in 2019
19 VO: who is an environmental chemist
Me: an environmental chemist is a chemist that make use of analytical instruments to determine the presence of hazardous chemical in environment and provide solution for its eradication.
please this[color=#006600][/color]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 12:28am On Mar 08, 2020
Musbeni:
please this[color=#006600][/color]

You don't necessarily have to mention your friend on how you discover the school. Talk about how you made use of educational website to find schools that their faculties research area aligns with yours.

On why this school?
I feel your response is not properly worded, you can do better. Also, you should add that you got a TA that covers the whole tuition and expenses, let them know it's one of the reasons you choose the school but don't lay too much emphasis on it. Just a hint. You should read pastl transcripts and see how they embedded it in their response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rabato: 12:54am On Mar 08, 2020
Enireqx20:
So I just gotta my admission letter and I got partial scholarship of 10k per year. I have a deficit of about 35k for Fall 2020 .

Do I need an SOA for my Visa interview and the school is offering loan options, is that a safe path to thread?

I also got a partial scholarship from Stevens Institute of Technology worth $25k but I was been asked to pay a deposit of $500... I have deficit of $34k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ponpon(m): 4:39am On Mar 08, 2020
Wow! this is some news
Emeritusseun:

Ponpon
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by udi2111: 6:17am On Mar 08, 2020
Emeritusseun:

Ponpon
He has frauded someone so he is not reliable. please if you know any other reliable person. kindly let me know.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Musbeni(m): 6:28am On Mar 08, 2020
brashear:

You don't necessarily have to mention your friend on how you discover the school. Talk about how you made use of educational website to find schools that their faculties research area aligns with yours.

On why this school?
I feel your response is not properly worded, you can do better. Also, you should add that you got a TA that covers the whole tuition and expenses, let them know it's one of the reasons you choose the school but don't lay too much emphasis on it. Just a hint. You should read pastl transcripts and see how they embedded it in their response.
thanks brother, I will work on your suggestions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Janet200: 6:30am On Mar 08, 2020
udi2111:

He has frauded someone so he is not reliable.
please if you know any other reliable person.
kindly let me know.

Did he fraud you?, I direct people to him, he did their registration on time without any trouble. He is very reliable.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lotechi(m): 7:44am On Mar 08, 2020
If you got admission into Clark University, and you need help adapting to the environment, you could reach me on instagram @lotechi I am more than willing to be of help to my fellow Nigerian.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gbadmos(f): 8:48am On Mar 08, 2020
Hi guys

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mvem(m): 9:15am On Mar 08, 2020
Dgreatestt:

Hi, good morning,

I think you should mail your GC, and keep doing them a reminder. My admission came over 3weeks ago, while I just received my assistantship last Saturday (29/02/2020)

Don't give up
I applied for a PhD in EE in TTU. I was just sent a rejection but was considered for their MSc. I was asked to reply if I am interested. If I opt for the MSc how likely will I be funded...and how will I go about funding...I also sent you a pm. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 9:53am On Mar 08, 2020
udi2111:

He has frauded someone so he is not reliable.
please if you know any other reliable person.
kindly let me know.

Really p? And you are sure of what you just typed? I used him for my TOEFL and GRE, and it was smooth. I challenge you to drop receipts of his frauds
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dgreatestt: 11:20am On Mar 08, 2020
mvem:
I applied for a PhD in EE in TTU. I was just sent a rejection but was considered for their MSc. I was asked to reply if I am interested. If I opt for the MSc how likely will I be funded...and how will I go about funding...I also sent you a pm. Thanks

Hi,

Although my department gave me a TA postion, I believe funding in every school is per department. And one sure way to know if the department got funding is by asking the GC.

Ordinarily, I believe graduate application to TTU has closed for this fall, were you asked to apply for this Fall? If so, I will suggest you apply, I think it is worth trying. If your department got funding, and u meet d criteria, you'd definitely get it. Also, you know how very competitive Engineering courses are in every schools.

If you've got the cash to apply, I think you should, and keep good communication with your GC. It's all a game of chance and grace, that's why we apply to many schools.

I have also replied your PM

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Matinoh: 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

MST is very expensive. They gave me little funding but i would pass.
That's true. about 41k. What was your funding like
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Matinoh: 12:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
lordeoregon:

Your test scores weren't as dope as your GPA, but I hope you get good funding from Lafayette. You'll like it there. Just follow up with the GC, and be patient. I wish you had applied to Louisiana State instead of Missouri S&T. Don't lose hope, just follow up with gentle reminders.
Assistantships are awarded in April. I'll wait. why recommend LSU? Thanks for your contribution
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
Olufemichael:

Renewing a passport in a foreign country is not worth d stress if u can Avoid it.

Depending on your location, will have to transport yourself (plane or train) to and from the embassy location. Hotel bill for like a night n Food. And the tiny little fees like Uber and that tiny cookie on the shelf u bought. And u have to endure the embassy staffs...which might be a good or not good experience.

And then, u pay a renewal fee which MIGHT be double what u will pay in Nigeria.

If u can do it here, then, just do it. Besides this, I am not sure the embassy will put the visa on your passport that will expire soon. This last part u might need to confirm from the gurus.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Comique(m): 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hello all.

May I know if the interview for Bsc is quite different from that of MSC and PhD. Can any one help with the key point to consider when going for F1 visa for Bsc .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RealTrump: 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
gbadmos:
Hi guys,

I have gone through the threads but i have found cases similar to mine.
I will be applying for US student visa this April, the issue is one of my siblings is currently overstaying their Visitor’s visa and i am afraid that might affect me.

What can i do?

Well, don't lie about your sibling when filling any form or during interview. Those guys have everybody's data n it will pop out in their screen.

Hopefully, they would at least give u a 50/50 chance to argue your case. You will have to divert attention to d good/great things on ur profile.... which only u know at this time since no such info was shared. A profile of things n funding situation would help to give better advice but u don't have to share it

I don't think anyone can tell u exactly how d outcome will be. But hopefully someone with a similar situation will show up n tell u how it went. Even if u find someone else with something similar, their situation might be very very different from yours.

This is the problem with one person spoiling everyone else's chance. U just have to try. Good luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Comique(m): 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
Comique:
Hello all.

May I know if the interview for Bsc is quite different from that of MSC and PhD. Can any one help with the key point to consider when going for F1 visa for Bsc .

@realtrump please help out....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
Matinoh:

That's true. about 41k. What was your funding like

16k to be split into 4k per semester.

The funny thing is that 43k is per year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.