Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360559 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by IrishCrown(f): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2020
Good day all,

Are there other ways to pay visa fees in Lagos since all banks have stopped operations?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2020
IrishCrown:
Good day all,

Are there other ways to pay visa fees in Lagos since all banks have stopped operations?
You can pay online
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Aderin0la: 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2020
Princekenuk:
Please I need more schools that are waiving test requirements as a result of covid-19?

Please is Murray State University a red flag school that can deny someone visa at the embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2020
Pefuele:

UPS/FedEx is another means.Shipping is another but very slow and free in schools that offer it.

Please, what is the difference in delivery time between UPS/FedEx and Shipping?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
Princekenuk:

Please is Murray State University a red flag school that can deny someone visa at the embassy?

This is standard school and not a red flag

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Neyor0402: 7:42am On Apr 05, 2020
I will suggest you should use FedEx if you were thinking the one to use between the two because I used FedEx for my admission pack and it only took them just 5 working days.

Please, what is the difference in delivery time between UPS/FedEx and Shi
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 9:12am On Apr 05, 2020
I used FEDEX international priority and it was delivered in 3 days, while that of ups takes 7 business days or more
vc1177:

Please, what is the difference in delivery time between UPS/FedEx and Shipping?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 1:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
Thanks. It's one of the three schools that I applied to. Someone told me that I will be denied visa at the embassy with such school.

LagosismyHome:

This is standard school and not a red flag
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by calebify1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2020
AkeNathan:
Obinoscopy,

I need a reply because I'd like to make decisions over my future.

I'll soon wind up my B. Pharm programme from a nigerian university. I'm weighing my options in the USA, it had always been my dream destination.

1. I heard Pharm D is the only acceptable minimum to practise pharmacy in the USA, but i'll be graduating with a B. Pharm here in Nigeria. So, to practise there, can I enroll for a Pharm D programme in the USA and what cost can you estimate for me based on that?

2. Any American resident with valuable information can reply me please. This corona strike has got me planning about my future.

Can I dm you please.
Am a pharmacy student too please let's discuss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kess2020: 3:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
I want to apply for an undergraduate transfer course program due to my previous degree in Biotechnology or nursing for fall term....I currently have my own student transcript and previous program certs is there any school i can apply without directing my school should send documents to them as schools are on holiday?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Obinoscopy(m): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2020
@AkeNathan, since you doing a 5 year Pharm program, you're qualified. But just as @GboyegaD said, it's not that easy to get. You'll first need to get a visa to the States and write and pass TOEFL (you'll need to write TOEFL in the US). After that, you apply for FPGEE which costs around $1200. You will also need to verify your transcript with ECE. That costs around $150. Once you pass FPGEE, the next step is to do you internship hours and write the NAPLEX exam. To do this, you'll need to get Social Security number...and I don't think that's possible if you don't have the necessary visa for it (student or work or immigrant visa). The cost for NAPLEX is around $625 or there about.

It's not that easy but doable.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
calebify1:

Can I dm you please.

Go on
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
Obinoscopy:
@AkeNathan, since you doing a 5 year Pharm program, you're qualified. But just as @GboyegaD said, it's not that easy to get. You'll first need to get a visa to the States and write and pass TOEFL (you'll need to write TOEFL in the US). After that, you apply for FPGEE which costs around $1200. You will also need to verify your transcript with ECE. That costs around $150. Once you pass FPGEE, the next step is to do you internship hours and write the NAPLEX exam. To do this, you'll need to get Social Security number...and I don't think that's possible if you don't have the necessary visa for it (student or work or immigrant visa). The cost for NAPLEX is around $625 or there about.

I'll do it in Jesus name, amen.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
Obinoscopy:

Thank you so much Sirs obinoscopy and gboyegad.

May God bless and enrich you two, in Jesus name, amen.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by freshStarz: 5:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
Moshkom:

Which Sch? DM Me.

University of New Haven
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kemmystree2015: 5:36pm On Apr 05, 2020
electricpole:
which school is that
Quite a number of schools have waived GRE for fall 2020 due to covid19. ETSU waived for me and they sent an email stating so
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
calebify1:

Can I dm you please.

Bro dispatch your mail to largas56@gmail.com

I'm not sure I can access email linked to my nairaland account.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Snakedoctor1: 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
Guys how are you get8ng on requesting for I-20 in this pandemic period. Is anyone applying yet for visa interview dates for Falls resumption?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 7:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
AkeNathan:

Thank you so much Sirs obinoscopy and gboyegad.

May God bless and enrich you two, in Jesus name, amen.

You could come for a Masters in Pharmacy/Public Health and take it up from there. The 1600 hours requirement after the exams is the only challenge. You might be lucky to get volunteer hours in a Pharmacy towards the hours. That might require you first write the PTCE.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vanplato: 7:31pm On Apr 05, 2020
Princekenuk:
Thanks. It's one of the three schools that I applied to. Someone told me that I will be denied visa at the embassy with such school.

Hi, I applied to Stevens institute of tech for Msc in chemical Biology, my admission letter came in last Monday, I have been mailing them about availability of GA positions but they ve not been replying o. Don't know what to do for now. Have they been replying your mails?. Others who have some information regarding this can contribute Biko.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
Vanplato:
Hi, I applied to Stevens institute of tech for Msc in chemical Biology, my admission letter came in last Monday, I have been mailing them about availability of GA positions but they ve not been replying o. Don't know what to do for now. Have they been replying your mails?. Others who have some information regarding this can contribute Biko.

I applied there too. PhD materials science and engineering. No feedback yet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by calebify1(m): 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
AkeNathan:

Bro dispatch your mail to largas56@gmail.com

I'm not sure I can access email linked to my nairaland account.
I have bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vanplato: 8:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
Paragontek:

I applied there too. PhD materials science and engineering. No feedback yet.
okay, I will be mailing them tomorrow again. Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by flexicon(m): 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 11:55pm On Apr 05, 2020
I didn't apply to Stevens Institute. That school is stingy. That's why I didn't apply. They'll like to enroll first. They usually issue GA in the second semester for some courses. But keep reaching them. Your course might be funded.

Vanplato:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 11:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
Do ETSU waive TOEFL for Nigeria applicant's? It seems they demand TOEFL.

kemmystree2015:

Quite a number of schools have waived GRE for fall 2020 due to covid19. ETSU waived for me and they sent an email stating so
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 1:39am On Apr 06, 2020
urstruly1:
Living in a low trust society that is Nigeria...

It is very refreshing to be able to put ur full trust in a person you have neither seen nor spoken to before, all based solely on Nairaland recommendation and even blindly transfer money to him for a crucial payment of the SEVIS fees, all $350 (a sizable amount at that) and for that person to deliver within the time the person promised... It is rare...

@Walspring thanks alot for your reliable and timely service. Appreciate you..

That's cool smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by shazmalik: 9:26am On Apr 06, 2020
Thanks and Keep it up to share a piece of great information. We also provide moving and storage Abu Dhabi service to their valuable customers at very reasonable prices.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 10:12am On Apr 06, 2020
freshStarz:

University of New Haven

Ok. I sent my number on your Email, let’s talk on WhatsApp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by electricpole(m): 10:55am On Apr 06, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.