Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356328 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sandrahopes: 12:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hello everyone. Please who has an idea of what 3.75/5 cgpa would be on a 4 point scale. I would appreciate a response thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sandrahopes:
Hello everyone. Please who has an idea of what 3.75/5 cgpa would be on a 4 point scale. I would appreciate a response thanks.

Hi. Kindly use WES iGPA free calculator for rough estimate. But follow through their main evaluation process for detailed information.
Link: https://applications.wes.org/igpa-calculator/

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 1:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
JejeIsLife:

You should have include your son. You son would have serve as a strong home tie.

The V.O knew your age is beyond B.sc, knowing fully well that you might have done a first degree here in nigeria.

I will advise you to re&apply again and add your son.

Justwise over to you sir.

Based on this event, are there specific age ranges for various degree levels in the US? If yes, kindly state them. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
Schrodinger1:

While this might be relative, generally, a highly ranked school should fall amongst the Grade A schools, say: A+, A & A-.
They are usually in the Top 30 - 50schools in the US.
Use usnews.com and msinus.com to confirm these categories.

Please Elders, if a school falls within the ranks 150 - 200, is this a red flag in any form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kemmystree2015: 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
Princekenuk:
Do ETSU waive TOEFL for Nigeria applicant's? It seems they demand TOEFL.
I used my IELTS general. Not sure it is was mandated but submitted it all the same. Hoods college Maryland didnet require English tests or GRE, you could look he up

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kilankoazeez: 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
To best answer your question I think you should state such schools here, so people can help verify, but if you want to do the research on your own, google extensively about such schools and verify their rankings from different sources before you can conclude. Although, we have schools that the VOs in Nigeria can't give you visa for (i.e Lincoln University or so). I hope you understand my point.

vc1177:

Please Elders, if a school falls within the ranks 150 - 200, is this a red flag in any form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sandrahopes: 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
hello Thanks for your reply, I did it and I got 3.08 do you know if the official one would be higher or less.

Hi. Kindly use WES iGPA free calculator for rough estimate. But follow through their main evaluation process for detailed information.
Link: https://applications.wes.org/igpa-calculator/[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 2:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sandrahopes:
hello Thanks for your reply, I did it and I got 3.08 do you know if the official one would be higher or less.

Mine was 3.29, and I graduated with 3.70/5 (five years program).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2020
Barigous:
Guys,
I'm looking to start free GRE meetup sessions @Ikorodu, Lagos for 2020 applicants. Anyone interested should send a direct message. Once the venue capacity is reached, then no more. Let us do this together.
#vision2020 cool

Hello. Is this GRE session active? I stay around Ikorodu, Lagos, and I'm interested. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sandrahopes:

Hi. You're welcome. To be sincere, I might not be able to tell whether it will result to a higher or lesser version of the estimated figure. But there's room for optimism.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2020
kilankoazeez:
To best answer your question I think you should state such schools here, so people can help verify, but if you want to do the research on your own, google extensively about such schools and verify their rankings from different sources before you can conclude. Although, we have schools that the VOs in Nigeria can't give you visa for (i.e Lincoln University or so). I hope you understand my point.

Okay Elder(s), for a start:
1. New Mexico State University
2. University of Idaho
3. University of Utah
4. Wesleyan University
5. University of Teledo
6. Bowling Green State University

Thanks Elder(s)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
iwriterng:

Okay Elder. Atleast, you were able to get what you wanted.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
vc1177:

2. University of Idaho
3. University of Utah
4. Wesleyan University
5. University of Teledo

Thanks Elder(s)

All of them are good schools......not a red flag

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sandrahopes: 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
iwriterng:

Unofficial wes?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by francophone134: 3:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
vc1177:

Okay Elder. Atleast, you were able to get what you wanted.
that's what i don't understand about WES, is it that they gv gpa by random or what? �. Some got gpa of 3.75/5.00 and final wes was 3.08, another got even got lower gpa of 3.70/5.00 and wes evaluated to be 3.29/4.00. Wes na scam las las[color=#990000][/color] cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
francophone134:
that's what i don't understand about WES, is it that they gv gpa by random or what? �. Some got gpa of 3.75/5.00 and final wes was 3.08, another got even got lower gpa of 3.70/5.00 and wes evaluated to be 3.29/4.00. Wes na scam las las[color=#990000][/color] cry

Honestly, I don't really know how they evaluate/convert 5-point gpa to 4-point. Let's hope for the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
vc1177:

No, they shouldn't. Meanwhile, there are more than 1000 accredited schools in the US. Use usnews.com to verify.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Schrodinger1:

No, they shouldn't. Meanwhile, there are more than 1000 accredited schools in the US. Use usnews.com to verify.

There are actually about 5300 schools
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by electricpole(m): 5:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
kemmystree2015:

Quite a number of schools have waived GRE for fall 2020 due to covid19. ETSU waived for me and they sent an email stating s
mention some of them u know
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bujebudanu1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 06, 2020
electricpole:
mention some of them u know

Texas tech
Illionois tech
Bowling Green
Mississippi State University
Southern Mississippi

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Breezzy(m): 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
What's the cost of traveling to USA

#Estimate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 6:40pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sandrahopes:

Unofficial wes?

official.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 6:43pm On Apr 06, 2020
francophone134:

What you should know is that B is not just B and A is not just A when it comes to the American scale. I had lots of Bs as an undergrad (My Bs were really close to A), they count as B+ or A- when converted to American scale. Also, When I didn't do well, I really didn't do well. couple of E and D here and there might actually help during conversion cos it becomes C or C+, but if you have lots of Cs and few As on your transcript, by the time the conversion is done, it wouldn't really increase as much.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Callmiabbby: 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
please guys, I'm a bit confused, I read it online that the American embassy is closed for now and what am reading here is stating otherwise. did they reopen or what?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by anfanio: 7:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kilankoazeez: 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
vc1177:

2. University of Idaho
3. University of Utah
4. Wesleyan University
5. University of Teledo

Thanks Elder(s)

Not a single one of these schools is a red flag, all of them here are green flags (lol). If you are targeting any of these, you are good to go!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kilankoazeez: 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2020
francophone134:

It depends on the grades on each of your courses, for example if you had 0point in a course, wes will automatically remove it during official evaluation and moreover, the last 2 years of your transcript is mostly evaluated (I stand to be corrected) so it's sometimes differ to what you are expecting, but in the long run, Wes is very good for folks with very low cgpa, there's a kind of boost it adds(other people that have done it can testify).

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Horlars17: 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
horlahsunbo225:

All of them are good schools......not a red flag

What about New Mexico Highlands University, Las Vegas, NM?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Callmiabbby: 8:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kess2020:

I want to apply for an undergraduate transfer course program due to my previous degree in Biotechnology or nursing for fall term....I currently have my own student transcript and previous program certs is there any school i can apply without directing my school should send documents to them as schools are on holiday?

I did the transfer stuffs too cos my first degree was in psychology and I have my I-20 already, so from experience I can tell you , you have to get your transcripts evaluated except the school waived it for you which am not sure they will but you can always send a mail to them to confirm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onlinebar: 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2020
rkarang:

I have a very good one for Quant

The material is not common. Published by McGraw Hill, the publisher of ETS Official Guide
please I need it too
Sent a pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.