Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,326 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357451 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by anfela21(m): 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
sharwama:

You are looking for my trouble now by mentioning me. If you didn't understand my post, ask for clarity!

sorry I didn't go through it very well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Predstan:

Why do we pray?
If God knows all our needs??

The question isn’t why we pray... that is clearly answered in the Bible. It’s that we (Nigerians) only “pray” when we need something like money or visas. We don’t seem to pray for anything else. James also reminds us that God doesn’t always grant us our needs because too often they are wants to consume on our own lusts. I meet Nigerians here in Houston all the time. They are a complete contrast to Nigerians here. It seems as soon as we get the visa, prayer no longer matters and ”god” becomes relegated to the background, until we need another visa.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:

You sound bitter, I’m not. Simply making an observation which obviously hit you the wrong way hence the overly aggressive response from you.

All it takes is one post to remove the mask of false religion, to reveal your true nature. God isn’t impressed.

There would be no need to “render assistance” on visa transcripts if indeed our professed faith on here is who we truly are... that we are honest, faithful and truth seekers. Germans don’t need visa transcripts, yet we who call on “god” the most do. Think on it.

it's your headache, keep ranting about people involving God in their process, since you obviously are the only one here with "Christ's nature".

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
Olumuyiwalasode:

it's your headache, keep ranting about people involving God in their process, since you obviously are the only one here with "Christ's nature".

Your tone basically exposes you. Emergency “Christians”. Galatians 5:20 would be a good start.

Your invocation of “god” is no better than Aladdin’s lamp and his genie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:

Your tone basically exposes you. Emergency “Christians”. Galatians 5:20 would be a good start.

It is well with you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:

Why do you use small for "God" angry

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:

I just love this guy grin grin grin......oga Twoods I hail oo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
Olumuyiwalasode:

It is well with you

And you too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edave: 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
am back again oo with my vetting wahala...pls help check it out

vo:good morning
me good morning
vo pass me ur document
me pass it
vo why united states?
me united states is incomparable to any other country in terms of research,facility,expertise and coloning of knowledge and obtaining a degree there will be a
good idea.
vo why are you going to prairie view
me to obtain my masters degree in electrical engineering
vo how do you hear about prairie view
me i came across of an article online of an ongoing research on microgrid distribution flow controller based on ANFI and fuzzy techniques at prairie view A & M university that caught my interest and i made a deep findings on the school.
vo what your research interest
me smart grid innovations
vo why smart grid innovations
me modernaization of nigeria's power networks is the key solution to our ineffecttive power conservation and sustainability which is an uncreated power advancement nigeria will definately fall back to,more also i see smart grid innovations has a way to trade in power into national grid there by solving the problem of generation,transmission and distribution.
vo why power system and control specialization
me power system and control specialization is the rudiment knowledge i need in exploring smart grid innovations and more also it connect my past and present knowledge with my future goals
vo why electrical engineering
me i choose electrical engineering because nigeria's power sector needs transformation,energy utilization is a major problem Disco's(Distribution company of nigeria) have which can be solved by incooperation of smart technologies from engineers having a world class training in this engineering field
me SDM&T & UNH
vo why PVAMU
me prairie view is my unique school because it specializes in researches related to smart grid innovations and has state of the art facilities dedicated to such advancement more also i am exicited with the blends of familiar course requirements the program as to offer..i will b offering courses from power system and control track which is related to my work experience to courses in wireless technology which i have a certification and training on, to courses in microelectronics and signal processing.
vo when do u graduate
me 2016
vo what av u been doing since den
me after my graduation i went for my NYSC in NOV 2016 where i worked as a trainee with xxxx ( a generator manufacturer) and after my service year i was offered a permanent position as a field service engineer with the company.
Vo what are your duties
me my job roles include troubleshooting and repairing of generator control panels,software update on controllers,testing and replacement of generator electrical part.
vo who is ur sponsor
me my uncle
vo what does he do
me he owns a construction company that into building and road construction projects for lagos state goverment
vo can i have his SOA
me pass it
vo why will he be sponsoring u
me he is like my second daddy and he has been responsible for studies since my undergraduate days and willing to support this time around.
vo what do you want to do with power system nd control
me i want to specialize in power system nd control in order to provide expertise in re engineering/designing conventional power system into smart grid networks.
vo what will this program do for u
me this program will be ground breaking leap for me to work with an energy multinational in nigeria like cummins,general electric etc in making improvement to nigeria power sector.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 1:36pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:

And you too.
Amen
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
Time2win:

Why do you use small for "God" angry

Because to be frank, the “god” being invoked here is a figment of the imagination of many who have relegated God to no better than a visa approver. The same God you pray to is the same God the Americans pray to as well. That same God says we should be respectful of government authority, including US visa rules.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Philtos: 1:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
edave:

me good morning
vo pass me ur document
me pass it
vo why united states?
me united states is incomparable to any other country in terms of research,facility,expertise and coloning of knowledge and obtaining a degree there will be a
good idea.
me i came across of an article online of an ongoing research on microgrid distribution flow controller based on ANFI and fuzzy techniques at prairie view A & M university that caught my interest and i made a deep findings on the school.
me modernaization of nigeria's power networks is the key solution to our ineffecttive power conservation and sustainability which is an uncreated power advancement nigeria will definately fall back to,more also i see smart grid innovations has a way to trade in power into national grid there by solving the problem of generation,transmission and distribution.
me power system and control specialization is the rudiment knowledge i need in exploring smart grid innovations and more also it connect my past and present knowledge with my future goals
me i choose electrical engineering because nigeria's power sector needs transformation,energy utilization is a major problem Disco's(Distribution company of nigeria) have which can be solved by incooperation of smart technologies from engineers having a world class training in this engineering field
me SDM&T & UNH
vo why PVAMU
me prairie view is my unique school because it specializes in researches related to smart grid innovations and has state of the art facilities dedicated to such advancement more also i am exicited with the blends of familiar course requirements the program as to offer..i will b offering courses from power system and control track which is related to my work experience to courses in wireless technology which i have a certification and training on, to courses in microelectronics and signal processing.
vo when do u graduate
me 2016
me after my graduation i went for my NYSC in NOV 2016 where i worked as a trainee with xxxx ( a generator manufacturer) and after my service year i was offered a permanent position as a field service engineer with the company.
Vo what are your duties
me my job roles include troubleshooting and repairing of generator control panels,software update on controllers,testing and replacement of generator electrical part.
vo who is ur sponsor
me my uncle
vo what does he do
me he owns a construction company that into building and road construction projects for lagos state goverment
vo can i have his SOA
me pass it
me he is like my second daddy and he has been responsible for studies since my undergraduate days and willing to support this time around.
me i want to specialize in power system nd control in order to provide expertise in re engineering/designing conventional power system into smart grid networks.
me this program will be ground breaking leap for me to work with an energy multinational in nigeria like cummins,general electric etc in making improvement to nigeria power sector.

I think you should just say... my uncle who has been paying for my education since i started high school.... he is like a father since so so and so happened to my father.....

Don't wait for a chance to be asked, put it out immediately....

my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edave: 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2019
Noted bro
Philtos:

I think you should just say... my uncle who has been paying for my education since i started high school.... he is like a father since so so and so happened to my father.....

Don't wait for a chance to be asked, put it out immediately....

my opinion though.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2019
edave:

me good morning
vo pass me ur document
me pass it
vo why united states?
good idea.
me SDM&T & UNH
vo why PVAMU
vo when do u graduate
me 2016
Vo what are your duties
vo who is ur sponsor
me my uncle
vo what does he do
vo can i have his SOA
me pass it

Too long, too detailed, too rehearsed for a 3 minute interview. The more detail, the more likely to forget key aspects. Keep it short, simple, sweet.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Philtos: 1:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
Good morning.

Please, does any one here knows the earliest date for Abuja.

please what is the implication of having a mother who is a legal permanent resident in the US to a VO....

Here is the background...
A friend of mine is about to go for f-1 interview after been denied a renewal B1/B2 a year ago on the basis that she just graduated and she had no strong ties to her home country... since then, she has gotten a job, given birth and her mum has become a legal resident in the US. she would like to indicate that her mother is a legal perm resident in the US (She did not indicate that before because she felt it may affect her mother who at that time was processing her GC) but she does not know what the implication would be.... she need urgent advice please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:

Because to be frank, the “god” being invoked here is a figment of the imagination of many who have relegated God to no better than a visa approver. The same God you pray to is the same God the Americans pray to as well. That same God says we should be respectful of government authority, including US visa rules.

Okay, i understand you better now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ExcellencyFSA: 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
It's false. Check this info from US Embassy Nigeria.
https://www.facebook.com/29206219873/posts/10157505742854874/
Mslynxx:
Good morning all. Pls how true is the USA student visa temporary ban for Nigeria?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edave: 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
i get but i wont be asked every question from the transcript
TWoods:

Too long, too detailed, too rehearsed for a 3 minute interview. The more detail, the more likely to forget key aspects. Keep it short, simple, sweet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tyleer(m): 2:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
Please Chill, it's false.
Mslynxx:
Good morning all. Pls how true is the USA student visa temporary ban for Nigeria?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:

The question isn’t why we pray... that is clearly answered in the Bible. It’s that we (Nigerians) only “pray” when we need something like money or visas. We don’t seem to pray for anything else. James also reminds us that God doesn’t always grant us our needs because too often they are wants to consume on our own lusts. I meet Nigerians here in Houston all the time. They are a complete contrast to Nigerians here. It seems as soon as we get the visa, prayer no longer matters and ”god” becomes relegated to the background, until we need another visa.

You have a point regarding how some Nigerians practise our Christianity. I know a lady here who is living "illegally " , she goes to work everyday working "illegally" but she is a pastor.... for me i cant understand how she can be a pastor. A true Christian doesnt choose to be godly in terms of how they pray and ungodly in everyday to day living

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by veinless(f): 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
pls can i make use of a statement of account having a closing balance of 47,150 , with a total debit of 34,654,409.91, total credit 34,631,214.70
from january till june 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oasishavenng: 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
Predstan:

Why do we pray?
If God knows all our needs??

Most of the prayers in the new testament were not need based. While praying for things isn't wrong, prayer is not primarily for needs.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 2:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
LagosismyHome:

You have a point regarding how some Nigerians practise our Christianity. I know a lady here who is living "illegally " , she goes to work everyday working "illegally" but she is a pastor.... for me i cant understand how she can be a pastor. A true Christian doesnt choose to be godly in terms of how they pray and ungodly in everyday to day living

Thank you. You’ve candidly expressed my concern. It’s not uncommon here to see people praying for grace and calling on “glory” when they paid bribes to expedite their passports, are presenting false SOAs and clearly lying at their interview. I’m not sure how we got to the point where we treat our faith as a buffet.

If we did things right in the first place, it’s not out of reason to think we may even get to a point where, like citizens of other countries, traveling the world does not require a 7-day dry fasting and prayer... just a passport and a ticket.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oasishavenng: 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2019
[quote author=veinless post=79415207]pls can i make use of a statement of account having a closing balance of 47,150 , with a total debit of 34,654,409.91, total credit 34,631,214.70
from january till june 2019[/quote
]
Fourty seven thousand one hundred and fifty naira??, is it a mistake. That can't even pay for visa fee. I don't think it is advisable to do this. No matter the inflow and outflow, your balance should be sufficient for at least a year.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2019
veinless:
pls can i make use of a statement of account having a closing balance of 47,150 , with a total debit of 34,654,409.91, total credit 34,631,214.70
from january till june 2019

Dollars or naira?

Is this reflecting monies that is available to you should you need it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abdulrahmon68(m): 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:

To be candid, you actually sound good in vetting transcript, but unfortunately you have jettisoned this good trait of yours a long time ago. I personally would be glad to have you back on this thread with other gurus in vetting applicant's transcript.

Thumbs up.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 2:36pm On Jun 17, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

To be candid, you actually sound good in vetting transcript, but unfortunately you have jettisoned this good trait of yours a long time ago. I personally would be glad to have you back on this thread with other gurus in vetting applicant's transcript.

Thumbs up.

I pop up to say a word or two once in a while but my personal view, if you ask me, is that vetting transcripts is way overrated. If you are a serious student, did most of the work yourself and are honest, you should have no problem answering the visa interview questions. Most of us need vetting because we didn’t do the work and this is simply a route to emigrate. So we rely on the words of others to get us through what should be a relatively straightforward process. 15 years ago there was nothing like vetting transcripts, students still obtained f1 visas. No one should really be vetting your answer on why you chose your course of study. It is your decision, your destiny.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:

Thank you. You’ve candidly expressed my concern. It’s not uncommon here to see people praying for grace and calling on “glory” when they paid bribes to expedite their passports, are presenting false SOAs and clearly lying at their interview. I’m not sure how we got to the point where we treat our faith as a buffet.

If we did things right in the first place, it’s not out of reason to think we may even get to a point where, like citizens of other countries, traveling the world does not require a 7-day dry fasting and prayer... just a passport and a ticket.

well, my point is it isn't wrong to pray, as long as you are obeying visa rules, not using fake documents like statements which you pointed out, and my point remains that while i understand what you're saying, you shouldn't generalise like everyone is like that,
you can't use a fake bank statement and be praying for Grace, God cannot be mocked....cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:

I pop up to say a word or two once in a while but my personal view, if you ask me, is that vetting transcripts is way overrated. If you are a serious student, did most of the work yourself and are honest, you should have no problem answering the visa interview questions. Most of us need vetting because we didn’t do the work and this is simply a route to emigrate. So we rely on the words of others to get us through what should be a relatively straightforward process. 15 years ago there was nothing like vetting transcripts, students still obtained f1 visas. No one should really be vetting your answer on why you chose your course of study. It is your decision, your destiny.
As simple as that. cheesy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 3:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:
The obsequiously religious nature of posts here never stops puzzling me. It’s almost as if every Nigerian suddenly finds “god” when it comes to visa applications. You can barely read 2-3 consecutive posts without running into gushy phrases like “it shall end in praise”, “glory”... what in the world is an “angel of visa approval”? In all my years of reading the Bible, I never thought His glory was limited to granting Nigerians exit visas from the hell on earth they created for themselves, despite all the massive churches they’ve built.

I died in laughter grin grin grin

Angel of visa approval. grin grin grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beautyaddy: 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2019
TWoods:

grin grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by veinless(f): 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2019
in naira, as at last week monday, d balance was 12million buh the bank was unable to print out the statement, so my sponsor left the bank in annoyance, he recently made a huge withdrawal to finance a project on friday, i already fill his details in ds160 and submitted , pls is there anything i can do , can i change sponsor?
TWoods:

Dollars or naira?

Is this reflecting monies that is available to you should you need it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.