Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361161 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 6:58pm On May 20, 2020
Tella26:
I already asked the department and they let me know it wont affect the admission and funding..Alright thanks guys..I think deferring will be a better option.

So which term are you considering deferment spring or fall 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tella26: 7:23pm On May 20, 2020
Lifeisforliving:

So which term are you considering deferment spring or fall 2021

Spring. But the issue now is that I recieved an email from the graduate school that some part of the scholarship will be affected..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 7:32pm On May 20, 2020
Tella26:

Spring. But the issue now is that I recieved an email from the graduate school that some part of the scholarship will be affected..
Is the funding an assistantship or scholarship. I feel it shouldn’t be affected if it’s a scholarship
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 7:54pm On May 20, 2020
Tella26:
I already asked the department and they let me know it wont affect the admission and funding..Alright thanks guys..I think deferring will be a better option.

If it's a 2 year program, deferring is a better option so far as the Assistantship is still guaranteed. CPT and OPT are very important for an international student so don't miss out on them.

Tella26:

Scholarships are based on your GPA each semester. The award should state how much for each semester, e.g. $1.5k for fall, and $1k for spring. So if you would be deferring to next spring, it will cover only that spring semester. It's not really a big deal, once your GPA after the spring semester is above 3.5, you should be able to get another offer for the next fall and spring semesters.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Darrnielo(m): 9:04pm On May 20, 2020
Hello I got admitted to this university but still looking for funding
lilfrancis100:
Please any student of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville here or any hopeful. DM me please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rosieumane: 10:15pm On May 20, 2020
Hello guys, please I need your help. I got admitted into two schools and I got graduate assistantships and full funding from the two schools.

However, one school (University of South Alabama) has a deficit of $4,000 while the second (Illinois state university) has a deficit of $8,000. Which is a better option and higher ranking institution?

Also, for the deficit, Is it advisable to have one’s employer as your sponsor on my f1-20 or is it better to have a family member as sponsor? Thank you very much as you give feedback.
PS: I have been denied visa before on grounds of not having ties to home country. I used personal funds in my visa application.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morpheux: 10:18pm On May 20, 2020
[quote author=misslag post=89749118][/quote]

Ohh cool.

I guess we should keep our fingers crossed then.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morpheux: 10:19pm On May 20, 2020
Jubrilawest:

pls did Cleveland accept unofficial transcript for admission or it is official transcript your school sent to them?

I used unofficial.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jubrilawest: 10:41pm On May 20, 2020
morpheux:

I used unofficial.
Thanks.God bless
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:56am On May 21, 2020
pompeiimagnus:

If it's a 2 year program, deferring is a better option so far as the Assistantship is still guaranteed. CPT and OPT are very important for an international student so don't miss out on them.

Scholarships are based on your GPA each semester. The award should state how much for each semester, e.g. $1.5k for fall, and $1k for spring. So if you would be deferring to next spring, it will cover only that spring semester. It's not really a big deal, once your GPA after the spring semester is above 3.5, you should be able to get another offer for the next fall and spring semesters.

https://twitter.com/ilyaraz2/status/1262434883915243520?s=19

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1207251?__twitter_impression=true

Which OPT?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 7:10am On May 21, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by majiddele75: 7:20am On May 21, 2020
Can anyone assist me with coming up with a great statement of purpose(SOP) or how to. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 7:36am On May 21, 2020

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 8:04am On May 21, 2020
Please team I got admission to Cleveland State University please what are my chances of getting admission.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 8:05am On May 21, 2020
Please would visas be easier to get now than before
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obajoey(m): 8:40am On May 21, 2020
misslag:

Hey I got admitted also for spring 2021 but my graduate director said he is not sure about funding for now due to the pandemic. Still hoping for something

Pls this campusnet portal for Cleveland, I am unable to access it after they sent the I.D to me. Pls any idea of how to do that will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obajoey(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2020
misslag:

Hey I got admitted also for spring 2021 but my graduate director said he is not sure about funding for now due to the pandemic. Still hoping for something

And pls did you submit your recommendation before admission was given?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sandrahopes: 8:57am On May 21, 2020
obajoey:

And pls did you submit your recommendation before admission was given?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by misslag(f): 9:04am On May 21, 2020
obajoey:

Pls this campusnet portal for Cleveland, I am unable to access it after they sent the I.D to me. Pls any idea of how to do that will be appreciated.

I was not able to access mine also. So I called the school I was given a password to access the campusnet. By the way I sent an email before calling but I was told password can’t be sent through email. Hope this helps
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:00am On May 21, 2020
Predstan:

How does this contribute to the question or what's your point exactly?

If Trump wins, he will severely restrict the scope of the OPT. That's my point. Intending students should have a plan B as he (Trump) looks poised to win.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obajoey(m): 11:26am On May 21, 2020
misslag:

I was not able to access mine also. So I called the school I was given a password to access the campusnet. By the way I sent an email before calling but I was told password can’t be sent through email. Hope this helps

Thank you, misslag.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Matinho: 1:26pm On May 21, 2020
Abeg gurus in the house. Got admissions to Baylor, NYU and Tufts uni for fall. Still thinking on which one to accept, the koko is that these embassy people can fall hand, cos i ve been denied a visit visa last year. I have enough funds to pay my fees.Any one has advice as to someone who s been denied to visit and is going for postgraduate studies now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 1:36pm On May 21, 2020
NaotoKan:

If Trump wins, he will severely restrict the scope of the OPT. That's my point. Intending students should have a plan B as he (Trump) looks poised to win.

But he hasn't won and they haven't restricted OPT. So how does your quote answers the question??

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by UhnNah: 1:53pm On May 21, 2020
Another dose of positive news -

Emirate airline started operations to around 8 countries today from dubai (Uk,Germany,Chicago,Totonto,Australia etc)

Turkish embassy in abuja resumes visa application collection today!

And the GRADUAL easing of the lockdown continues...just a matter of time before the US embassy opens!

It’s getting better!

20 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rosieumane: 2:20pm On May 21, 2020
Rosieumane:
Hello guys, please I need your help. I got admitted into two schools and I got graduate assistantships and full funding from the two schools.

However, one school (University of South Alabama) has a deficit of $4,000 while the second (Illinois state university) has a deficit of $8,000. Which is a better option and higher ranking institution?

Also, for the deficit, Is it advisable to have one’s employer as your sponsor on my f1-20 or is it better to have a family member as sponsor? Thank you very much as you give feedback.
PS: I have been denied visa before on grounds of not having ties to home country. I used personal funds in my visa application.
hi guys, can anyone please help with this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omolorlarh: 2:36pm On May 21, 2020
Rosieumane:
Family member sponsorship is better

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 2:43pm On May 21, 2020
NaotoKan:

Chief Analyst! So someone with an Assistantship + scholarship should abandon that just because you are scared of DT abi?? Biko enjoy your pessimism alone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 2:47pm On May 21, 2020
Rosieumane:

What program are you going for? Do you prefer the coursework and research areas of one over the other? Can you pay the deficits of either comfortably? These should help you make your decision.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 3:31pm On May 21, 2020
grin grin grin

pompeiimagnus:

Chief Analyst! So someone with an Assistantship + scholarship should abandon that just because you are scared of DT abi?? Biko enjoy your pessimism alone.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 3:32pm On May 21, 2020
smiley

UhnNah:
Another dose of positive news -

Emirate airline started operations to around 8 countries today from dubai (Uk,Germany,Chicago,Totonto,Australia etc)

Turkish embassy in abuja resumes visa application collection today!

And the GRADUAL easing of the lockdown continues...just a matter of time before the US embassy opens!

It’s getting better!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rosieumane: 4:08pm On May 21, 2020
omolorlarh:

Family member sponsorship is better
thank you very much. This is super helpful
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rosieumane: 4:19pm On May 21, 2020
pompeiimagnus:

What program are you going for? Do you prefer the coursework and research areas of one over the other? Can you pay the deficits of either comfortably? These should help you make your decision.
Program is Masters in Communication. I prefer ISU mostly because my GA job offer is in a field that is directly in line with my career objectives. Irrespective of that, ISU deficit is really high ($8k) and it might be a struggle to get it but I will rather attend a higher ranking institution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.