Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360539 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 7:57pm On May 29, 2020
Muleriders:

No problem boss. You can always hit the PM
sent you a dm.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 8:45pm On May 29, 2020
Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Fabuloski(m): 10:00pm On May 29, 2020
Muleriders:

1. You can be admitted in the US for data analytics masters. You will just have to take 3 to 5 undergraduate pre-requisite depending on your school and background experience.

2. You can't have problem at the embassy as long as you can defend the career switch.

3.for full scholarships, you can get a cgpa based funding or non-academic graduate assistant. Reason is because you are switching to a new field different from your undergraduate, you won't be able to get teaching assistant or research assistant because these requires you to have UG related experience
So my lack of experience and undergraduate degree won't be a problem?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 12:24am On May 30, 2020
Fabuloski:

So my lack of experience and undergraduate degree won't be a problem?

Not at all.
I have a new friend here on nairaland coming to southern arkansas University this coming fall (hopefully she'll get her visa) for master in computer information system (data science option). She also had chemistry undergraduate degree.

You are not alone. And trust me, you will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by codeline(m): 3:32am On May 30, 2020
Visa news update from the US embassy.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Fabuloski(m): 10:08am On May 30, 2020
Muleriders:

Not at all.
I have a new friend here on nairaland coming to southern arkansas University this coming fall (hopefully she'll get her visa) for master in computer information system (data science option). She also had chemistry undergraduate degree.

Can I pm you? It will be good for me to have people with my situation around
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nostradamus1: 12:54pm On May 30, 2020
So i was lucky to register for the SAT exam today but an incident occurred which kind of baffled me .When i finished inputing my account card details , they simply made the withdrawal without sending anything about OTP. I was just wondering if American banking system is really that porous.

PS: i used Access bank debit card so i guess any Visa or MasterCrad is good to go
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 2:02pm On May 30, 2020
Nostradamus1:
So i was lucky to register for the SAT exam today but an incident occurred which kind of baffled me .When i finished inputing my account card details , they simply made the withdrawal without sending anything about OTP. I was just wondering if American banking system is really that porous.

PS: i used Access bank debit card so i guess any Visa or MasterCrad is good to go

Good to hear.

When are you scheduled to write?
Will you be sitting for essay too?
What's the total fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 2:40pm On May 30, 2020
I had a similar issue last year when I was paying application fee to a particular school. In fact I was concerned that I had to go to my bank. The problem is not about American Banking System, it is with the particular site you paid to. Some site's security are set that they simply dont ask for OTP, so if the security doesnt require it, your bank too allows the transaction to proceed. One reason why we should always keep our card details safe. However, you will rarely see e-commerce sites with such lax security
Nostradamus1:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 7:18pm On May 30, 2020
Bukola right?

Muleriders:

Not at all.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Futuragetty: 7:56pm On May 30, 2020
Nostradamus1:

Wow, This is good news! never thought college board could pull this off this year, at least not until a vaccine has been discovered.

I don't know how super scoring works, I'd have registered again as I need to improve my SAT points.
Should I resit SAT test and score below my present points, do I get to choose which test score to send?

Ogas' and Madams', Does anyone know? Bikonu
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Futuragetty: 8:29pm On May 30, 2020
Futuragetty:

Wow, This is good news! never thought college board could pull this off this year, at least not until a vaccine has been discovered.

I don't know how super scoring works, I'd have registered again as I need to improve my SAT points.
Should I resit SAT test and score below my present points, do I get to choose which test score to send?

Peeps, Sorry for bothering you. I somehow Forgot google has most answers. and I didn't have to delete the quoted comment as someone may learn from it.

"colleges considers your highest section scores across all the dates you took the SAT. Rather than confining your scores to one particular date, these schools will take your highest section scores, forming the highest possible composite score".

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 10:55pm On May 30, 2020
Pepperoni001:
Bukola right?

shocked shocked shocked
How do you know?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muleriders: 10:56pm On May 30, 2020
Fabuloski:

Can I pm you? It will be good for me to have people with my situation around
Sure
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chibzee2: 3:36am On May 31, 2020
thekingofafrica:
pvamu don’t use gre, a friend of mine graduated there, it took him 8 months in the USA before getting a GA plus tuition waiver.
thank you, please can you introduce me to your friend so that I can know how he went about it, my chances of getting it and the hurdles he faced. thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 3:43am On May 31, 2020
I know are profile and she’s a friend of mine

Muleriders:

shocked shocked shocked
How do you know?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rkarang: 9:12am On May 31, 2020
kastgeraldino:
Yes. I would advise those having issues with GMAT to take GRE. I've taken both, and it took me not that much effort to ace GRE with 99%ile on both quant and verbal. But GMAT is a real beast both the quant and verbal. Just that I loved the intellectual challenge of GMAT even though it was a real battle. I know some Africans who got full funding into top 50 MBA programs but they did well on GRE.

Bros I hail ooo

Even with the relatively high time allowed in GMAT
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Fabuloski(m): 2:21pm On May 31, 2020
Pepperoni001:
I know are profile and she’s a friend of mine

I have sent you a pm kindly accept. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 4:11pm On May 31, 2020
reigningme:
Please ooo, advisers and gurus in the house, kindly advise me on this. I no sabi anything oo. Na beg I dey beg. Let me quicky apprise you on the following. I have been admitted to the following schools for fall 2020:
(1) Rowan University ( MS Data Analytics, awaiting GA)-
(2)Mercyhurst University (Ms. Data Science)-awaiting GA
(3) Bowling Green State University (MS Data Science)- awaiting GA
(4) NORTHWEST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY (MS Information Systems)

Here is my thinking:
(1) Due to this extraordinary time, I want to defer the admissions
(2) Due to the paucity of funds, I want to make Northwest Missouri state Uni my final bus stop. since it is cheaper even without funding. But they do award GA second semester and they have on-campus jobs.

Please note I have the following pending
(a) Grand valley state University (MS Applied Computer Science, Ms. Health informatics (just a trial)). I got a reject for MS Data Science and Analytics
(b) Cleveland State University (Ms. Computer information systems, Ms. Software Engineering)
(c) Southeast Missouri State University (MNS Mathematics).

I NEED YOUR CANDID ADVICE PLSSS. Is there anyone in this schools I have been admitted including Grand Valley State University.

Cleveland State University is broke. Our CIS dept have No funding. They will prolly admit you but without funding and non will be forthcoming.

I'll advice you to take any offer that comes with funding. If all offers are the same, I'll advice you to take Northwest Missouri state University Ms Information systems degree if the program is being done in their business school. I won't advice anyone to go for a data science or business analytics degree over a business school run information systems degree except he/she has years of working experience in hard core analytics.

IS degree gives you more flexibility than data science or business analytics alone. There's a rumour that Covid 19 has burst the data science hype. If business are broke, then businesses won't be experimenting much on data science. So it's better to go for IS degree that you can venture into data engineer, DBMS, data analytics, data science, cloud computing and even software development

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DonJSHY(m): 6:11pm On May 31, 2020
Good day everyone, is there any disadvantage of using two sponsor Statement of Account
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by APO1: 6:12pm On May 31, 2020
Good evening great people. Please, can I get a link to any reliable GRE centre in Ibadan?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 6:17pm On May 31, 2020
Is there Any one here that got admitted to mtsu for fall 2020?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nostradamus1: 8:34pm On May 31, 2020
Micholo5:

Good to hear.

When are you scheduled to write?
Will you be sitting for essay too?
What's the total fee?
August 29 tru priority regiso
I didn't register for essay
Total fee for me was $95 dollar at an exchange rate of #445 ,so if you are doing the essay just add an extra $16dollar
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nostradamus1: 8:35pm On May 31, 2020
Futuragetty:

when are you writing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nostradamus1: 8:36pm On May 31, 2020
sonofakin:
I had a similar issue last year when I was paying application fee to a particular school. In fact I was concerned that I had to go to my bank. The problem is not about American Banking System, it is with the particular site you paid to. Some site's security are set that they simply dont ask for OTP, so if the security doesnt require it, your bank too allows the transaction to proceed. One reason why we should always keep our card details safe. However, you will rarely see e-commerce sites with such lax security
cool
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tarantino1: 9:01pm On May 31, 2020
Nostradamus1:
Total fee for me was $95 dollar at an exchange rate of #445 ,so if you are doing the essay just add an extra $16dollar

Hello, Nostradamus.

I didn't think it was possible to write exams on the 29th August as I thought that one wasn't written international. Did you register using their website or you used an agent, and what materials are you going to use?

I hope to write the exams on the 26th sept or 3rd Oct.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nostradamus1: 9:39pm On May 31, 2020
tarantino1:

Hello, Nostradamus.

I didn't think it was possible to write exams on the 29th August as I thought that one wasn't written international. Did you register using their website or you used an agent, and what materials are you going to use?

I hope to write the exams on the 26th sept or 3rd Oct.

I registered by myself

I have a lot of materials ( Princeton ,Mcgraw ,Kaplan, Barron and co) I got all these through torrenting but I only use College Panda, and Erica meltzee for my writing and reading and math.
I also use Khan academy, Uworld,1600.0i.The materials in bracket are good but they are not from college board,so be careful how you use them

U can also join r/sat a sub in Reddit
It will help keep you motivated for a top score

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgbeniOptional(m): 1:06am On Jun 01, 2020
Quote me when u do find one please

APO1:
Good evening great people. Please, can I get a link to any reliable GRE centre in Ibadan?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 2:57am On Jun 01, 2020
Nostradamus1:

Thanks for the info.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kilankoazeez: 6:18am On Jun 01, 2020
APO1:

Afe Babalola study centre at Oshuntokun, Bodija.

P.S. *they do not conduct the exam there, just a study centre*
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 6:40am On Jun 01, 2020
Nostradamus1:

I registered by myself

I have a lot of materials ( Princeton ,Mcgraw ,Kaplan, Barron and co) I got all these through torrenting but I only use College Panda, and Erica meltzee for my writing and reading and math.
I also use Khan academy, Uworld,1600.0i.The materials in bracket are good but they are not from college board,so be careful how you use them

U can also join r/sat a sub in Reddit
It will help keep you motivated for a top score
If there's any PDFs you can share with us, please kindly do so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.