Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355948 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hansmond93: 10:46am On Jun 03, 2020
The educationUsaAbuja information session is on right now on facebook, they ain't sure of when they are gonna resume for visa interviews, the female VO/anchor said they are discussing daily with Washington and Lagos about it. It seems they think November/December is more likely according to what she said. But she said it's possible they resume interview before then.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 11:53am On Jun 03, 2020
Nostradamus1:
This is not GRE but SAT

ETS is the administrator of SAT, GRE and TOEFL.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2020
[quote author=hansmond93 post=90261708]The educationUsaAbuja information session is on right now on facebook, they ain't sure of when they are gonna resume for visa interviews, the female VO/anchor said they are discussing daily with Washington and Lagos about it. It seems they think November/December is more likely according to what she said. But she said it's possible they

The earliest visa date is in November..fall 2020 may have to defer to spring and beyond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2020
JadePrincess:
Hi Guys,

Thank you all so much for your contribution on this platform.

This is where I am at:

I got admission into 6 US universities.

Texas Tech : Computer Science (1k Scholarship, instate tuition)
Purdue University, Fort Wayne: Computer Science (didn’t qualify for GA, they already picked 5 people)
Oakland University: System Engineering (GA Pending feedback)
East Tenesse State University: Computer and Information Science (No feedback yet)
Michigan Tech: Data Science (No GA for data science)
North Carolina A&T State university: Computational Science and Engineering (GA pending feedback)

I have also gotten my i20 for Texas Tech, however I’m not quite sure what next step to take seeing that COVID-19 is grinding everything to a halt.

Should I pay for visa fees, can we schedule interviews whilst the embassy is still closed.

Or should I just defer the admissions?

Any advice kind Sirs and Mas?

Also, is there anyone in ETSU or NCAT that can help with advice for G.A? There’s been no response and I’m chucking it down to the COVID-19 brouhaha. But any other useful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please.

Thank you.
Hi
I got admitted to MTU Data Science also, trying to get GA from other departments and institutes. It’s been daunting. I also got Texas Tech MBA, no GA too.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omomayelakesi: 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
She also said it is advisable to make the visa fee payment and if they open in time for fall 2020 they will contact applicants through emails and ask them if they would like to move their interviews forward.

hansmond93:
The educationUsaAbuja information session is on right now on facebook, they ain't sure of when they are gonna resume for visa interviews, the female VO/anchor said they are discussing daily with Washington and Lagos about it. It seems they think November/December is more likely according to what she said. But she said it's possible they resume interview before then.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by obajoey(m): 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2020
FYA

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jubrilx3: 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
My fear his how will one pay for tuttion since visa is not gurantee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JadePrincess: 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2020
Evans211:

Got an offer from TTU as well; Political science and I can assure you, I’m somewhat despair with this fall resumption. I’m pretty looking much ahead of spring and my decision would suffice by the end of June.

What’s your TTU deficit ?

$21,853

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drDoom3(m): 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nostradamus1:

I spent a total of #42275 for my registration (excluding data , passport and other inconvenience)
About the international passport, I already have a national identification slip so I guess am good to go. All u need is something of national importance including voters card. All they need is something to tally with the information on ur admission slip and their system
U can dm me , but the biggest problem I am facing is that most of the files are larger than Gmail standard 25mb maximum. I am thinking of working around it

When I took the SAT last year October, international passport was compulsory, and anyone without it was turned down from taking the exam.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drDoom3(m): 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
Micholo5:

If there's any PDFs you can share with us, please kindly do so.

Check out pdfdrive.com. It has a lot of practice books for the exam.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JadePrincess: 1:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
Shuayb0:
Hi
I got admitted to MTU Data Science also, trying to get GA from other departments and institutes. It’s been daunting. I also got Texas Tech MBA, no GA too.

They told me outrightly no funding for data science. I’m even thinking of deferring the admission.

I am still holding on to Texas Tech. Hoping to get funding on campus after I register/resume.

I’m still hoping ETSU, NCAT and Oakland come through.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 3:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hello House,
Are there assistantship contracts that are written for just a semester(Waiving tuition for that semester alone) ? I'd always thought it's usually for a year and renewed for the following year.

Also, are there chances of having a semester long contracts renewed for another semester. Just want to know my stand.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2020
drDoom3:

When I took the SAT last year October, international passport was compulsory, and anyone without it was turned down from taking the exam.

tarantino1

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2020
JadePrincess:

They told me outrightly no funding for data science. I’m even thinking of deferring the admission.

I am still holding on to Texas Tech. Hoping to get funding on campus after I register/resume.

I’m still hoping ETSU, NCAT and Oakland come through.

Data Science is a rarely funded program.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
jayzen:
Hello House,
Are there assistantship contracts that are written for just a semester(Waiving tuition for that semester alone) ? I'd always thought it's usually for a year and renewed for the following year.

Also, are there chances of having a semester long contracts renewed for another semester. Just want to know my stand.

Thanks.

I resumed studies in Spring semester so my Assistantship was for a semester. It was renewed for the next Fall and Spring after I got a satisfactory GPA for that Spring. I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Afo1k: 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2020

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2020
Good afternoon guys.

Please how many months/years will a program of 5 semesters take to complete?

(the program admits in Fall, Spring and Summer).

Thanks a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by jayzen(f): 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
Oh yeah... That was helpful, thanks.

It just left me with more deficit than I was hoping for�.

Predstan:

I resumed studies in Spring semester so my Assistantship was for a semester. It was renewed for the next Fall and Spring after I got a satisfactory GPA for that Spring. I hope this helps.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tarantino1: 7:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
Predstan:

tarantino1

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tarantino1: 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
drDoom3:

Thanks man.

How was the exam like?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
It's quite similar to what they have in kaplan's and other textbook. Just get a study material and study well if you really want to score high

tarantino1:

Thanks man.

How was the exam like?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Northeastern: 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2020
Afo1k:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2020/06/03/house-gop-immigration-letter-backs-opt-for-international-students/#7aca69bc550c
They should not back it and let’s see how they’ll survive the impact on undergrad and graduate level jobs done by international students.

The bunker man doesn’t know that fear and hate stoking will not save him this time around. His defeat at the polls will be unmistakable and clear. The racist magas that he appeals to should brace themselves for wailing.

All these his ill advised policies will be speedily reversed.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
Northeastern:

They should not back it and let’s see how they’ll survive the impact on undergrad and graduate level jobs done by international students.

The bunker man doesn’t know that fear and hate stoking will not save him this time around. His defeat at the polls will be unmistakable and clear. The racist magas that he appeals to should brace themselves for wailing.

As sad as it may sound, the tendency of Trump winning the election is way higher than him loosing.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Northeastern: 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
iwriterng:

As sad as it may sound, the tendency of Trump winning the election is way higher than him loosing.

Oga tendency, please wait till November. You think because you’re in the US you can sell unfounded sentiments here.

Like I said, wait till November. I no get time to argue blindly.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
Northeastern:

Oga tendency, please wait till November. You think because you’re in the US you can sell unfounded sentiments here.

Like I said, wait till November. I no get time to argue blindly.

Sigh...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
Northeastern:

The real voters are not online.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zinaunreal(m): 9:54pm On Jun 03, 2020
What are the hopes of obtaining a US visa if i aim for diploma courses in health sciences or community colleges . Please answers needed. Am new here..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AdoChel(f): 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hi everyone.

Are online jobs calculated as part of the 20 hours a week an F1 student can work for?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 11:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdoChel:
Hi everyone.

Are online jobs calculated as part of the 20 hours a week an F1 student can work for?

Thank you.
Answers please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 11:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdoChel:
Hi everyone.

Thank you.

Ssn, background check. Doesnt matter if its online or physical. SSN and background check/report is the real deal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Micholo5(m): 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2020
drDoom3:

Check out pdfdrive.com. It has a lot of practice books for the exam.

I'll do that. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sultanfortune(m): 12:33am On Jun 04, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.