Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1370898 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2020
Matinoh:

Please how did you go about this. I tried to reach you via email but you didn't respond.

Its not as arduous as it seems. Notarization is done by a practicing Lawyer/Barrister, so as to authenticate the documents - the usual stamp, signature and date. No fixed price as it boils down to your location and the quantity of your document.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by flyingpig: 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2020
Obinoscopy:
Your first step is to write FPGEE. But to write FPGEE, you'll need to write TOEFL and also send in your transcript and license to NABP for evaluation. Hopefully you can get all that done before the end of the 3rd quarter so that you can write the FPGEE Exam. The pass mark for TOEFL is usually very high, especially for the Speaking section, so you need to seriously prepare for it.

Concerning job, I'll recommend you apply for sales job with chain pharmacy stores like CVS, Walgreens and then work your way up. You can start as just a sales clerk in the Stores section and then request to be transferred to the Pharmacy section. You can also become a certified pharmacy technician as well.

After passing the FPGEE, the next step is to write both NAPLEX and MPJE in the State you intend to practice as a pharmacist. You'll also be required to be an Intern for close to a year. After internship and passing the NAPLEX and MPJE exams, you then become a pharmacist.

All these takes nothing less than 2 years

BlindedIrony,

So it's possible after all. smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
Schrodinger1:
Guys! Who knows where I can make an affidavit for SOA authentication in Lagos? And the cost of doing such.
Is it the SOA you need to authenticate or your affidavit form filled by your sponsor (if this is to get your i-20).
If you are using the SOA for embassy, it is not necessary or required.
Make sure you get your information right.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 04, 2020
Hey guys,

Please, is the embassy in Lagos open for interview appointments?

I understand they shut down service due to COVID spread.

Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 6:41am On Jul 04, 2020
Muleriders:

Same here. SAU Students will be back to campus for fall 2020 from August 11.

We have also been briefed on the compulsory nose cover policy. "No face mask/shield, no entry into lecture halls"

The fate of international students coming in now lies with the sooner opening of embassies.
other schools are proposing online classes for international students.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by felixboye1(m): 9:13am On Jul 04, 2020
Two Fully funded PhD opportunity in Civil Engineering at Purdue University. Apply asap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by felixboye1(m): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2020
Fully funded PhD in Germany. Deadline: 06 July. Apply asap
https://www.mdc-berlin.de/application

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
Transcript is a better measure of how good a student is or can be in a higher academic setting rather than standardized tests such as SAT or GRE. Research has shown that. This is why an increasing number of elite universities in the US are doing away with SAT/ACT for undergraguate admissions.

sexylassie2:

I still do not understand from the examples you gave why standardized test are not true measure of intelligence.

So what is true measure of intelligence?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olasubomy: 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
https://scholarshipscorner.website/apply-for-us-universities-without-gre-and-gmat/

APPLY FOR US UNIVERSITIES WITHOUT GRE AND GMAT | STUDY IN THE USA
Posted by Scholarships Corner | Jul 4, 2020 | Study in USA, USA Scholarships | 0 |

Are you worried about how to appear in GMAT or GRE to pursue your admission process for Graduate School in the US? Or maybe you are thinking that you are not prepared enough to get good scores. So here is a piece of great news for you all!

This COVID 19 for sure made everything worst and postponed every possible plan but due to this pandemic, many top universities have waived GRE & GMAT to ease the admission process for postgraduate candidates.

Now, what you are supposed to do? Should you search every university to check whether they are accepting applications without GMAT and GRE or not? But don’t you think it will take so many days to check it out! To make it easy we have made a list of universities that have waived GRE and GMAT in the US.

Those International applicants who are applying for undergraduate programs and require IELTS and TOEFL test can appear in Duolingo English Test. Duolingo English Test can be given by any personal device from home, an hourly based test sends results for free to unlimited universities or institutes and results declare within two days.

Right now, this decision has planned for Summer 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021. So take advantage of this time and apply now to the best universities in the US.

STUDY WITHOUT GRE, GMAT, IELTS, AND TOEFL REQUIREMENTS DETAILS:
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DUOLINGO ENGLISH TEST:
A Laptop or any personal device.
Passport number or government ID number or driver’s License number.
A stable internet connection.
A silent room with an optimum light source.
60 mins to conduct the test.
LIST OF THE UNIVERSITIES WAIVING GMAT, GRE, AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST REQUIREMENT:
Stevens Institute of technology
California State University Long Beach
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY
Mississippi State University
San Jose State University
Baylor University
Boston University
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois Institute of Technology
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
Graduate Programs in Business at CSULB
LIST OF THE UNIVERSITIES WAIVING GMAT, GRE, AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST REQUIREMENT FOR CERTAIN DEPARTMENTS OR SEMESTERS:
University of Alabama

Gre and Gmat are waived for certain departments.
The University of Mississippi

The University of Mississippi due to the Pandemic has waived the GRE for the Fall-2020 admission.
The University of North Alabama

For pandemic period GRE/GMAT is waived but accepting any one of IELTS with 6 or Duolingo with 100 at the University of North Alabama.
University of Minnesota

Robotics Institute of University of Minnesota has waived GRE requirement for Master’s of Science in Robotics
Southern Methodist University

Southern Methodist University Business School has waived GRE/ GMAT.
University of North Carolina Charlotte

Belk College MBA has waived the GMAT/GRE.
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)

Saunders College of Business at RIT has waived GMAT/GRE.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has waived GRE/GMAT for some programs.
Texas Technology University

Texas Technology University has waived GRE.
Austin Peay State University

Austin Peay State University has waived GRE.
Northeastern University

Northeastern University has waived the GRE/GMAT requirement.
Drew University

Drew University has waived GRE
Florida State University

For Fall 2020, Florida State University has temporarily has waived GRE and GMAT requirements.
University of Louisville graduate business programs

University of Louisville graduate business program has waived GRE/GMAT.
University of Arizona Master of Public Health

It has waived GRE.
Brandis University Master of Public Policy program

Brandis University Master of Public Policy program has waived GRE.
South Dakota state university

South Dakota state university has waived the application fee.
George Mason University school of business

George Mason University has waived the application fee.
Auburn University

Auburn University has waived GRE/GMAT score
Loyola University School of business

Loyola University School of Business has waived GRE/GMAT score.
University of Memphis School of Public Health

University of Memphis School of Public Health has waived GRE.
Jackson State University

Jackson State University temporarily waives PRAXIS, GRE, and GMAT for Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) testing requirements and waives GRE or GMAT as an application requirement for the fall 2020 semester.
Graduate Program at Penn State College of Engineering

It has waived GRE for the Ph.D. application process.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES WAIVE THE GRE FOR FALL GRADUATE ADMISSION 2020:
●Lipscomb University

●University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.

● Austin Peay State University

Texas A&M Commerce

A&M Commerce has planned to waive GRE and GMAT requirements for summer 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021 for most programs.
Have you applied for the following fully-funded scholarships 2020-21?

Deakin University Scholarships in Australia
Knight Hennessy Scholarships in the USA
Rhodes Scholarships in the UK
MEXT Scholarship 2021 in Japan
Best of Luck!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sexylassie2(f): 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
ottiz:
Transcript is a better measure of how good a student is or can be in a higher academic setting rather than standardized tests such as SAT or GRE. Research has shown that. This is why an increasing number of elite universities in the US are doing away with SAT/ACT for undergraguate admissions.

do you know what you are writing down

How is transcript compiled? isn't it by writing standardized tests and exams

it seems you don't know the meaning of standardised test

The exams you write in the university are all standardised test

WAEC,NECO, JAMB etc are all examples of standardized test.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by horlahsunbo225(m): 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
sexylassie2:

I know u might be angry when u are typing this but pls try and re-read what u type b4 u click submit button

Meanwhile the bolded is wrong

WAEC, NECO, JAMB are examples of standardized test

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 04, 2020
Transcripts are compiled from continuous assessments, mid-terms, attendance, and of course final exams, over the course of multiple years. It shows what kind of student the individual has been, the depth of subjects they've taken, and progress over the years.

You cannot determine how smart somebody is simply because that individual took one time exam, such as WAEC, SAT/ACT, etc, and did very well. This one time assessment cannot accurately determine or predict how this student will perform in the university setting without taking into consideration what kind of student this person was during high school.

And just so you know, the internal exams (CAT, mid-terms, finals), from which transcripts are compiled, are not standardized exams. Exams become standardized when people from different settings take same exam (like WAEC, GRE, SAT), and this is not how transcripts are compiled.

sexylassie2:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AfonjaBoston: 3:16am On Jul 05, 2020
slimmy2005:
Hey guys,

Please, is the embassy in Lagos open for interview appointments?

I understand they shut down service due to COVID spread.

Thank you!

Baba wetin you want go do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sexylassie2(f): 9:27am On Jul 05, 2020
ottiz:
Transcripts are compiled from continuous assessments, mid-terms, attendance, and of course final exams, over the course of multiple years. It shows what kind of student the individual has been, the depth of subjects they've taken, and progress over the years.

You cannot determine how smart somebody is simply because that individual took one time exam, such as WAEC, SAT/ACT, etc, and did very well. This one time assessment cannot accurately determine or predict how this student will perform in the university setting without taking into consideration what kind of student this person was during high school.

And just so you know, the internal exams (CAT, mid-terms, finals), from which transcripts are compiled, are not standardized exams. Exams become standardized when people from different settings take same exam (like WAEC, GRE, SAT), and this is not how transcripts are compiled.

You do not understand what is standardized test.

Continuous assessment tests and final exams are all standardized test.

Internal exams are all standardized test.

From primary to university, we all took standardized test to get admitted into any department we want.

I hope you know that to gain admission into a department, you have to write a standardized test called post jamb, and the best are given placement.

BTW, most exams whether internal or external are made to be taken once.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 9:42am On Jul 05, 2020
sexylassie2:

You do not understand what is standardized test.

Continuous assessment tests and final exams are all standardized test.

Internal exams are all standardized test.

From primary to university, we all took standardized test to get admitted into any department we want.

I hope you know that to gain admission into a department, you have to write a standardized test called post jamb, and the best are given placement.

BTW, most exams whether internal or external are made to be taken once.
CA tests and final exams are not standardized tests.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2020
Can you guys please cut the crap about standardized tests and transcripts?

That's how some started ranting about GRE and covered 3 pages!

What do you people even gain from these pointless rants?

Leave trash for LAWMA biko.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by greenskittles: 11:58am On Jul 05, 2020
mzhorlah:
Hi! November 4th is the earliest available date in Abuja on the system yet it read no available date at the moment. What could be the problem?
I don't understand what you mean by this, please explain. I know it says "no available dates" on the ustraveldocs website, so where did you see November 4th? Please share, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
Geewin69:

Wait!!! So what do you want to be discussing on the thread if not GRE, SAT and all others relating to admissions If you cant contribute anything whatsoever, you can just face front and focus on whatever you are here for. Afterall, there is a moderator and he he hasn't said anything about these conversations.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Debbss: 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
TTENE:
@Debbs is ur school Troy university? Cause my resumption date is also 12th of august

No, mine's UWG
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
My better people, happy weekend o.
Please i want to send SEVIS FEE money to someone in the US through WESTERN UNION TRANSFER.
Who has any idea of WESTERN UNION charges rate?

What are the requirements/information i need to send to the person to pay the SEVIS FEE on my behalf.
Thanks you all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by greenskittles: 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sanguine1:
My better people, happy weekend o.
Please i want to send SEVIS FEE money to someone in the US through WESTERN UNION TRANSFER.
Who has any idea of WESTERN UNION charges rate?

What are the requirements/information i need to send to the person to pay the SEVIS FEE on my behalf.
Thanks you all
I don't know about the rate, ask your friend to inquire on your behalf, but I know you need to generate a payment coupon on www.fmjfee.com, and make sure you input all your details correctly, or else it won't update when they've made the payment for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
Geewin69:

This is the problem with most people; knowledge is boring.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
Predstan:

Wait!!! So what do you want to be discussing on the thread if not GRE, SAT and all others relating to admissions If you cant contribute anything whatsoever, you can just face front and focus on whatever you are here for. Afterall, there is a moderator and he he hasn't said anything about these conversations.

What is this one saying?

How relevant is your information about GRE in an era where many schools have waived GRE?

You're clearly out of point sir. Much learning maketh thee mad.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
iwriterng:

This is the problem with most people; knowledge is boring.

Mr. Knowledge,

Much learning maketh thee mad sir. You have no point.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sefa2018: 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
Geewin69:

What is this one saying?

How relevant is your information about GRE in an era where many schools have waived GRE?

....and in an era where all US embassies are closed? What's the point in you commenting here then.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 4:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sefa2018:

....and in an era where all US embassies are closed? What's the point in you commenting here then.

*sigh*

SMH
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
Geewin69:

What is this one saying?

Schools don't waive GRE, department does. GRE is still required if you want to apply to schools and have variety of choices to choose from. Again, if you don't want people todiscuss GRE or SAT,you can stop visiting the thread because that's the purpose of this Thread.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
fairheart:

Is it the SOA you need to authenticate or your affidavit form filled by your sponsor (if this is to get your i-20).
If you are using the SOA for embassy, it is not necessary or required.
Make sure you get your information right.

Of course, everyone knows.

SOA needs authentication for I-20 collection.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
Schrodinger1:

Of course, everyone knows.

SOA needs authentication for I-20 collection.

Really?? That might be specific for your school?? what school is that?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.