Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361404 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solastar2: 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
One of our Africa brothers has open

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
Greece too

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by greenskittles: 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
Basically everyone should get set for July 15th at the very least

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TrojanSnail: 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2020

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Picricchem: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
greenskittles:
Basically everyone should get set for July 15th at the very least

Thank you! UK Visa application center would open for Visa issuance from 27th July, here in NIGERIA.

US embassies may open at any time.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
Good news everywhere smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
Coldburn:
going for another degree in a Nigerian university and passing through the same hurdles as before? No
I just want to go for a medical degree study like my life depends on it "cus it does" and graduate with good grades then go for a masters in HSA
I meant undergraduate degree in the US.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
Are we to request a new I-20 to state we are going for in-person programs before the visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
Paragontek:
Are we to request a new I-20 to state we are going for in-person programs before the visa interview?
Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mosminic:

Yes

Sorry. Have you requested yours?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
Paragontek:

Sorry. Have you requested yours?
Not at all but according to my DGS, they'll re-issue a new one.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 4:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
Mosminic:

Yes
I thought it's both in person and hybrid?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
Please I want a clarification regarding flights. I'm hearing various conflicting stories regarding flights. I thought that the Nigerian airspace has been closed, and that America has shut off international flights. But I still hear some people say that there are flights to the US. Does anyone know the real deal?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Eniolakiite(f): 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2020
International flights to the US from places where border not closed has been happening and flights out of US to places allowing entry from US flights has been happening. America has started international flights.

Nigeria has not yet declared their airspace open but I know some charter flights are happening from Nigeria to US and Canada.

kastgeraldino:
Please I want a clarification regarding flights. I'm hearing various conflicting stories regarding flights. I thought that the Nigerian airspace has been closed, and that America has shut off international flights. But I still hear some people say that there are flights to the US. Does anyone know the real deal?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
Friedpotato:
I thought it's both in person and hybrid?
Yes it has to be stated on your I-20 that your courses will be either in-person or hybrid.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2020
US never shut their airspace from day one. Only restricted entries from specific countries including the Schengen countries, UK, Ireland, China and recently Brazil. Their citizens from the restricted countries can still enter the US but just through specific airports. Nigeria shut its airspace but their have always been repatriation and special flights that leave from time to time. However, there are strict rules on the people that can board those flights.
kastgeraldino:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
kastgeraldino:

There are scheduled flights that leave from time to time. Only permanent residents, citizens and students can board them though.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by klawaaa: 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
Even in Epic time of the pandemic? Or when did you project this time to time from aunty?
Cocao:

There are scheduled flights that leave from time to time. Only permanent residents, citizens and students can board them though.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
klawaaa:
Even in Epic time of the pandemic? Or when did you project this time to time from aunty?

As we are speaking, one is going to Newyork tomorrow. If you know anyone that falls into that category, let me know.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by klawaaa: 8:15pm On Jul 13, 2020
I have people that their tickets were cancelled. But i think this should be a recent development and i guess it is also a chartered aircraft.
Cocao:

As we are speaking, one is going to Newyork tomorrow. If you know anyone that falls into that category, let me know.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2020
klawaaa:
I have people that their tickets were cancelled. But i think this should be a recent development and i guess it is also a chartered aircraft.

Yes, quite recent and it's mostly through Emirates. If they are in Abuja or know anyone that stays in Abuja, Emirates office here is open for enquiries and ticket purchases.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by klawaaa: 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2020
Ok cool. Thanks for the updates. Nairaland, the Tatafo of Nigeria. I like it here though.
Cocao:

Yes, quite recent and it's mostly through Emirates. If they are in Abuja or know anyone that stays in Abuja, Emirates office here is open for enquiries and ticket purchases.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
solihp:

Point of entry?, I don't think you'd be asked for your statement of account at the point of entry. At least I wasn't and I haven't seen anyone who was. Although you'd be asked how much cash you have at hand.

Please how much cash should one have
at hand, at the Point Of Entry?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 8:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
Phenomenalopeye:

Basically I'm looking for safeties that can give full ride scholarship to international Students

Also pls how do I get my international passport how's the process for minors requirements and Price ??

Also how do I get the State of origin document to submit at the passport office??

Thanks!!!

Kindly locate the passport office at Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos, if you're close to it.

Regarding Statement of Origin document, you need to google the lagos liaison office address for your State of Origin, and go get it done on the spot. This will be needed in processing your international passport. Also, you'll be needing your birth certificate and pasport photographs. The demanded a Guarantor's details from me, around 2018. I don't know how the system works currently. But I could link you up with an officer, if it's okay by you. DM me if interested.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 11:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
Please I need your advice house.

I was waiting for my visa appointment when COVID-19 issue started and visa appointments were canceled. I was supposed to resume in summer. So I had to defer to fall.
But here are my confusions now.

When embassy reopens, am I going to fill a new ds160 since my program start and end dates have changed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 6:41am On Jul 14, 2020
Paragontek:
Please I need your advice house.

I was waiting for my visa appointment when COVID-19 issue started and visa appointments were canceled. I was supposed to resume in summer. So I had to defer to fall.
But here are my confusions now.

When embassy reopens, am I going to fill a new ds160 since my program start and end dates have changed.

Yea fill a new DS-160 and request for a new i-20.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 8:21am On Jul 14, 2020
brashear:

Sorry o, of i Am not mistaking here, you just advised him to fill a new DS160?

but my question is that I have a brother who applied through agent 2017 3years ago but got denied and wants to reapply now but he didnt know what the agent filled in the DS-160 3years ago.

Can he fill another DS-160 form with his real information this time?
What is the implication?
brashear:

but my question is that I have a brother who applied through agent 2017 3years ago but got denied and wants to reapply now but he didnt know what the agent filled in the DS-160 3years ago.

What is the implication?
brashear:

but my question is that I have a brother who applied through agent 2017 3years ago but got denied and wants to reapply now but he didnt know what the agent filled in the DS-160 3years ago and Agent too can't provide the information again self.

What is the implication?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 9:19am On Jul 14, 2020
Sanguine1:

What is the implication?

Yes, he can. Best option.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sanguine1: 9:54am On Jul 14, 2020
brashear:

Yes, he can. Best option.

If he fills new DS-160 is that not going to contradict the previous information the Agent filled in 3 years ago.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 9:59am On Jul 14, 2020
So those of us with student visa that are stuck here due to flight. What's the best way to go about this, what type of flights are people using to leave as air space is closed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 10:01am On Jul 14, 2020
The US repatriation flight scheduled this month stated for only residents and citizens, how possible can a student follow through with the flight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.