Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362599 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by greenskittles: 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2020
sonofakin:
Yes
Wait, does this mean we can apply for visas in another country? Or is this restricted to cities within the same country?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2020
Naturally, one should only be able to apply for Visa from a country at which they are legal residents. Ofcourse you would have to show prove of residency

I got that screenshot through this link
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html
greenskittles:

Wait, does this mean we can apply for visas in another country? Or is this restricted to cities within the same country?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by greenskittles: 7:13pm On Jul 15, 2020
sonofakin:
Naturally, one should only be able to apply for Visa from a country at which they are legal residents. Ofcourse you would have to show prove of residency

I got that screenshot through this link
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html
Alright, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brashear: 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2020
sonofakin:
Yes
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by femi312: 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
lasthero:

grin grin was about saying similar thing.
Sending usd from US to Nigeria naira account is about 380/$ on World remit and transferwise. Even naira cards charge about 390 for international transaction.

Why do you now want to charge 415?
well there are better apps that will give you 450/$
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by klawaaa: 12:50am On Jul 16, 2020
Please share the apps info that could give 450/$ here. Thanks
femi312:
well there are better apps that will give you 450/$

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kayodemax: 7:52am On Jul 16, 2020
hi nairalander!

please I need your advice. I just got an offer from a telecommunication company in Nigeria but I was asked to scan and send my NYSC certificate.

I'm yet to finish NYSC. I'll finish by November.

is it advisable to forge thee certificate (just put my picture another one original one and edit).

I don't know if telecom company do verify nysc certificate also I don't want to lose the job.

please I need your advice

Thanks all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 7:59am On Jul 16, 2020
Kayodemax:
hi nairalander!

please I need your advice. I just got an offer from a telecommunication company in Nigeria but I was asked to scan and send my NYSC certificate.

is it advisable to forge thee certificate (just put my picture another one original one and edit).

I don't know if telecom company do verify nysc certificate also I don't want to lose the job.

Thanks all
Please take this irrelevant question elsewhere

14 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ehizy007: 8:07am On Jul 16, 2020
Read what you just wrote slowly to yourself if it makes sense to you proceed. Otherwise Take this down!!!

Do better.

Kayodemax:
hi nairalander!

Thanks all

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jubrilawest: 8:37am On Jul 16, 2020
Kayodemax:
hi nairalander!

Thanks all
Ask kemi adeosun, she is well versed in such matter.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Snakedoctor1: 9:02am On Jul 16, 2020
Sanguine1:

SEVIS FEE lasts for just 1 years to expire
Was just wondwring. I was to resume in Fall but got a November interview date. My SEVIS Fee was paid in September 2019. Do I have to pay another SEVIS Fee ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by flyingpig: 9:06am On Jul 16, 2020
flyingpig:
How do you guys inquire schools that offer scholarship for your intended course?
questions go unanswered in this thread. Shuu undecided
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ehizy007: 9:13am On Jul 16, 2020
September 2019 to September 2020= 1year

So yes, you'll be required to pay for a new SEVIS fee

Snakedoctor1:

Was just wondwring. I was to resume in Fall but got a November interview date. My SEVIS Fee was paid in September 2019. Do I have to pay another SEVIS Fee ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ehizy007: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2020
Snakedoctor1:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2020
flyingpig:
questions go unanswered in this thread. Shuu undecided
Send an email to the program coordinator asking if it's funded. Most programs have this information on their page though.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2020
Stevenssen:

Please take this irrelevant question elsewhere
grin
Apt response

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Snakedoctor1: 9:22am On Jul 16, 2020
Ehizy007:
September 2019 to September 2020= 1year

So yes, you'll be required to pay for a new SEVIS fee
For no fault of mine, this extension was due to the Pandemic. My goodness , why so much expenses
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by flyingpig: 9:25am On Jul 16, 2020
Mosminic:

Send an email to the program coordinator asking if it's funded. Most programs have this information on their page though.
oh thanks a lot bro. Information finally come through

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Aderin0la: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2020
Do not try it... don’t jeopardize your future.

First question is “how were you able to apply for and get the job without first uploading your NYSC certificate?”...

Find a way to inform the company that you’ll be done in November. You’ll most probably get your certificate in October (cuz of the 21days leave). If they found you better qualified for the job than other applicants, they should be lenient enough to give you a few weeks....

Do not forge anything. Better safe than sorry.

Kayodemax:
hi nairalander!

Thanks all

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ehizy007: 10:42am On Jul 16, 2020
Snakedoctor1:

For no fault of mine, this extension was due to the Pandemic. My goodness , why so much expenses

Sorry about that...It is what it is. That's why it was said here severally to keep calm, observe situation of things as it unfolds before you go ahead to pay your SEVIS fee.

Well no hopes lost, still got roughly 2months left...be hopeful the Embassy resumes visa activities soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 11:01am On Jul 16, 2020
Does one pay a new SEVIS fee if you defer and have to get a new I-20? I know visa fee is not affected for one year.

Ehizy007:

Sorry about that...It is what it is. That's why it was said here severally to keep calm, observe situation of things as it unfolds before you go ahead to pay your SEVIS fee.

Well no hopes lost, still got roughly 2months left...be hopeful the Embassy resumes visa activities soon.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 16, 2020
Snakedoctor1:

The usual rule is, your sevis fee is valid for a year if you fail to secure visa and register for school. But I would advice you ask since the delay was due to COVID

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Sevis fee is valid for one year. As long as it is within that one year, even if you defer or even change schools and get a new i20, it is still valid within the 365 days
kastgeraldino:
Does one pay a new SEVIS fee if you defer and have to get a new I-20? I know visa fee is not affected for one year.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 11:25am On Jul 16, 2020
There is a document the embassies seemed to be using as a guideline to determine if they will reopen based on local conditions or not. It was formulated by the States Department and used by both their domestic and overseas outlets. It isn't very clear to me though, I guess it is not that straightforward. Because if it were, embassy in Wellington should have opened by now. The document is called DIPLOMACY STRONG and it is online

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.