Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1358485 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2019
Lols cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Time2win:

You need better slap. Read what you typed and see if you will approve yourself. You went there to disgrace yourself, not your uncle.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
[quote author=4gunners post=79444113] You can PM predstan, he will put you through

OK. Thanks G. COYG!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AgreatMan: 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
akpumping30:

thanks Alot all but nobody give me the best answer to this question.. plz I need an answer to this question, incase of next time

What has changed?
1. I am now on 70 percent scholarship or I now have a full assistantship.
2. I have gotten admitted to a better reputable program with my improved GRE n TOEFL.
3. I am now working at XYZ company since d last interview and I now need the Msc even more.
4. I have decided to push for PhD instead of Msc.

You wanted "short cut" answers, and I have given you 4. But unless u say exactly what's up, u might not get a good advice. If u don't first understand why u were denied, that circle might not end. That's the reason why everyone has asked u to provide more information so they can try to figure out your denial.

14 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
ProYouWebsiteUK:

FYI

Twood is not Bracelum and Bracelum is not Twood. They are two different people. So, get it right

Sit down there and be contemplating a thought on someone else's issue.

If you know how busy that guy is and the level of his achievements, you wouldn't have thought that he would have the time or stoop himself so low to create different accounts on Nairaland all in the name of commenting on Nairaland issues.

Just sit there and keep contemplating a thought on someone while that person is busy contemplating a thought on how he will get to a higher position than where he is presently.

Someone that hardly even has time for himself now will have time for Nairaland.

SMH.............................

Don't bother quoting me because it will be a waste of time.

Your words could be kinder you know and the same message would have been better received.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
You better take one step at a time no need to rush, It's like learning to fly
Or falling in love..

That being said;

My brother do the needful first because it might be easier for the needle to pass through the eye of the camel than getting your school to send your transcripts and confirmation to WES.

You see that admission, you go get am.
You see that America, you go reach there.

But please, do the needful FIRST before targeting admission type.

[quote author=Moshkom post=79444608][/quote]

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by akpumping30(m): 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
AgreatMan:

What has changed?
1. I am now on 70 percent scholarship or I now have a full assistantship.
2. I have gotten admitted to a better reputable program with my improved GRE n TOEFL.
3. I am now working at XYZ company since d last interview and I now need the Msc even more.
4. I have decided to push for PhD instead of Msc.

You wanted "short cut" answers, and I have given you 4. But unless u say exactly what's up, u might not get a good advice. If u don't first understand why u were denied, that circle might not end. That's the reason why everyone has asked u to provide more information so they can try to figure out your denial.
thanks Alot bro... may God bless you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 12:56pm On Jun 18, 2019

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2019
Exactly. My fear is, I hope the VO would not leave a nasty feedback on his profile that may dent his next application.
Milkshakes01:
Lol, even if you wanted to lie. You could have made research about the schools you wanted to use in your lie.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
AgreatMan:

I sense u are a "paper based" computer science student with not a lot of practical knowledge.

I can relate personally with u tho, sometimes u have a certificate n u just feel inadequate inside u and feel like tearing the damn degree and start all over.

But u are in computer science, u don't even need school to become a guru. Enter udemy, Coursera, team treehouse etc and master one or computer skill by December n aim for fall 2020 Msc.

If u don't have money to subscribe, there r lots of materials on torrent sites, u can download d same paid courses for free. All u need is data.

Applying for Bsc with your age is a tall order. Build your CV and aim for MSc. You don't need to be a guru by December but you need to have those softwares on your resume if u want an MSc program to pick u ahead of an Indian.

Anyways, my comment might not make sense to u right now since it seems I am advising against another Bsc but this is what every other person on this thread will tell u.

Wow! Thanks also for this BOSS. The practial knowledge you made mention off me. i'm guilty. *smiles*
Thank God, you already how wide 'our' field is (Database, Internet, Prog'g, Graphics ApplicationPackages, Web Design, MultiMedia and the rest). Thou, i've idea on all of them (fields ) but SIR, it's the INTERNET aspect i really have interest ON. is the path ok, align to what you advise me on over there SIR?. i will like to let you know that I am NOT the PROGRAMMING kinda type of Comp Sci student, it's not really my calling those are where my grades were ''on the low'' during my sch days SIR.

and if it's DATA, i have it oh for what i'm just steeping into now bro.

and when will the kick off for application for 2020 FALL?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2019
Pepperoni001:
You better take one step at a time no need to rush, It's like learning to fly
Or falling in love..

That being said;

My brother do the needful first because it might be easier for the needle to pass through the eye of the camel than getting your school to send your transcripts and confirmation to WES.

You see that admission, you go get am.
You see that America, you go reach there.

But please, do the needful FIRST before targeting admission type.

OK. ALRIGHT SIR. THANKS A LOT!!!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello everyone, I am going for a two years masters program in the US. Do I need to book a round trip ticket or will a one way ticket do? Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
Brown2Green:

All fully funded candidates so far today had less than 3 minutes interview.
I have spoken with 5 so far.

Congrats man.
Hello everyone, I am going for a two years masters program in the US. Do I need to book a round trip ticket or will a one way ticket do? Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beekorly(f): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
Thanks.

Brown2Green:

Not surprised. Your Approval was too obvious.

Thanks @Segunbolawole @TheZed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Philtos: 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
akpumping30:

thanks Alot all but nobody give me the best answer to this question.. plz I need an answer to this question, incase of next time

VO: what have changed
You: i have gotten a job, I am married with a child and I got funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
Floriyadi:

One year is usually fine on the principle that you cannot use the return leg after a year so why allow students waste money ........ one way is usually allowed if your program is more than a year

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

One year is usually fine on the principle that you cannot use the return leg after a year so why allow student waste money ........ one year is usually allowed if your program is more than a year
Thanks a lot for the timely response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
zeeLady:

Good profile, by the way.
1. An MSc. is more advisable and with an HND you can go for that. Sites such as www.msinus.com , www.ubergrad.com ...can help you do a tailored search.

3. Since you have not taken any standardised test, my personal advice would be to slow down a little bit and put quality time in your preparation with an aim to apply for fall 2020. By this I mean, prepare to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), get to know how to write a persuasive Statement of Interest, carefully think of who your recommenders should be.....etc

4. Different schools have different application methods so after finalising on the schools you would be applying to for Fall 2020, you have to visit their individual websites. You need to know what their application fees are like, do they require English language proficiency exam such as TOEFL? how many recommenders does each school need? what is the deadline for fall application? Do they offer assistantship (very important),....etc

Just to add, know what works for you. If you need to get a book to write all the unique information about each school so you plan accordingly, then do. It's always advisable to go for a related field to your undergraduate, however, you can also have a career change for personal reasons.
Also know the schools you want to apply to before writing your GRE to save some money, you will be given a chance to key in 4 schools you would love to send your score to FOR FREE at the end of the exam. Thereafter, sending your score to any school will cost you some bucks.

THANKS ZEEBABE. I will check those sites out right now.

I never have it in mind to change my field, and wont ever change. i just wanna be on my IT path forever.

and ZEE when will the applicaton for 2020 Fall kicks off? for me to know the time range i've left with me.

and for the particular schs that might suit my profile, anyone you now of? so that i will just check them out directly and not wrongly choosing.

thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2019
Beekorly:
Hi guys, my visa was approved around 9:50am today at Abuja.

After I had replied the VO's greeting and request for passport and I-20, these followed:

VO:- Why Tufts?

My response :- Tufts is a highly prestigious university and its CS department offers ML research specialization which is of interest to me.

VO:- Where did you have your bachelor's degree?
My response:- Here in Nigeria at Bleep university.

VO:- What will you do after your program?
My response :- I would return to Nigeria to pick up a lecturing job at my Alma mater.

VO:- Your visa has been approved.
My response :- Thanks
VO:- You're welcome.

All thanks to God.

Thanks for reviewing my mock transcript @Brown2Green and @Bracelum.
Congratulations. The school played a major role in your approval.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2019
Floriyadi:

One way is fine
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Chemist009:
.... Good day house .....

Went for interview at Lagos consulate today....
The V.O was just asking and i was answering.... Until he asked, how many schools did you apply for?? In truth, I applied only one, but my Uncle and his people advised me to say 3 or more ..... So,
V.O : how many schools did you apply for??
Me : 3
V.O : name them
Me : Southeast east Missouri State University, Long island University and Columbia University
V.O : Do you have GRE??
Me : No
V.O : How did you apply for Columbia without GRE .....
... Ghen ghen, nai my mind cut�.. I began to muster and mumble words like: yeah, I applied Southeast and Long Island. And then,
V.O : But you said you applied Columbia���
Me : yes, they didn't require GRE....���

The next thing, nai V.O give me pink paper and said:
Sorry, you don't qualify. So, what do I do next?? Candid opinions please��

I don't think you need too much input here.
You closed the interview before the VO even thought of giving it a close.
You know the cause of the denial.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 1:39pm On Jun 18, 2019
You have to go to either WAEC or NECO office to send the statement of result to WES. You don't have to pay for another money for wes to evaluate your O'level statement of result. As a matter of Fact WES started asking for O'level August 2018.

While I was applying to EIU last year, the international student office contacted me to tell my school to send them my transcript, I told them that my school is on administrative strike and it is practically impossible to send them the transcript. I told them that WES will be sending them a copy of my evaluated transcript, which I did and was accepted, as a matter of fact It saves me more dollars sending WES copy than asking my school to send them.

I hope the bold paragraph answers your last question
Moshkom:

Lol.

Oh! OK. The OND and HND can be send together, i'm sure of that (i will beg my sch to do that) but inclusion of my O'level, is it possbile? and if NOT will i've to pay another fee to WES again? won't my said REFRENCE No cover all the evaluation up ni? since i guess it's the 'goods' i purchase frm WES and they should renderd all my 'service' that is 'refrence' with my no. smiley

wow! it will make sense if i will be allow to send them my WES evalation myself. but shey it's sure they will allow? i mean all US schs allows that? because i want to be sure to avoid walaha during the application.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Floriyadi: 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
Brown2Green:

One way is fine
Alright, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tecord1(m): 1:49pm On Jun 18, 2019
fairheart:
Given the rate of students who have reached out to me that they are going for a second BSC, community colleges (even after having obtained their first degree), it is important to note that students here should understand things have changed. Before, at age 28, you can say you're going to a community college and still get your visa. It is now a red flag...except miracle happens.

To make this short, please evaluate your academic plan and career goals very well before you begin the application process (especially for Spring 2020 students). I see that this is where these students miss it. That you are an adult does not mean you understand how to arrive at the best decision for your career. Sometimes, you need someone to share your career objectives, dreams and goals with. Discuss with close friends, mentors, and even parents (if necessary). Building a career-driven and successful life takes more than personal decision. It is like building a skyscraper; a lot of efforts, hands, minds come together to make it possible. And the loftier the building, the more consultation it may demand.

Make adequate findings about your course of study. There is something called career outlook. With enough forecast, you can see down the line where your program will take you and whether or not it will remain relevant 10 to 20 years from now. In addition, choose a program based on your desire to advance the field, and because you will excel there. I have an approach to career counseling: pick a program you have talent or love, or passion for. This is what drives academic excellence, eccentric insights, ideas and as one of the drives behind almost all inventions man have touched and that have helped all of us come this far as human race. There will be very few persons who can beat you when you choose a field you strongly have passion for. The great inventors we studied chose this path, and that is why their names are written in stone--ever remembered by humanity.

21st century is cursed for its center on money, money, money. People now want to have a degree because they will be getting 6-figures. Have you asked? Will I excel in this field? Can I use it to heal some of the ills in my own country (even if you do not see yourself returning to Nigeria). Do I want to be known with this field? What challenges, perennial problem can I use my presence in this field to provide solution to?

Life is not always about money, even though this generation thinks it is. We are here for contribution, which far exceed our love for money.

I do not have any yardstick by which we can measure the chances of getting the F1 after making major blunder with type of degree you're going for, but chances are that if you pick something that's right for you, do adequate findings before you pick a school, manage to get funding (even if very small), and the force of favour is on your side, all will go well.

Just a thought I woke up with cool

pls reply my mail. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by akpumping30(m): 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2019
Chemist009:

The V.O was just asking and i was answering.... Until he asked, how many schools did you apply for?? In truth, I applied only one, but my Uncle and his people advised me to say 3 or more ..... So,
Me : Southeast east Missouri State University, Long island University and Columbia University
... Ghen ghen, nai my mind cut�.. I began to muster and mumble words like: yeah, I applied Southeast and Long Island. And then,

Next time .. if you are given any advice, you should try to go on more research and also your uncle is right but you copy and paste
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2019
Pepperoni001:
You have to go to either WAEC or NECO office to send the statement of result to WES. You don't have to pay for another money for wes to evaluate your O'level statement of result. As a matter of Fact WES started asking for O'level August 2018.

While I was applying to EIU last year, the international student office contacted me to tell my school to send them my transcript, I told them that my school is on administrative strike and it is practically impossible to send them the transcript. I told them that WES will be sending them a copy of my evaluated transcript, which I did and was accepted, as a matter of fact It saves me more dollars sending WES copy than asking my school to send them.

I hope the bold paragraph answers your last question

OK. Yeah! it is answer it bro.

I will have to PM you one of these days oh. hope it wont be a Probelm Sir?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Grass2Green: 2:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello everyone!

Thank you for the great jobs you’re doing here. I have been following this thread for some days now. Please I have a question; I had my interview on 7th of this month and I was placed on AP. The VO struck out the part that says if you do not hear from them within 60days (and put 7), you can contact to request for an update.

I don’t know if I should contact them or chill. What do you guys think, is there anyone with similar experience here?

I had a deficit of $8k on my I-20 and my SOA had balance of N27m+

Please your suggestions are highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I will post my transcript and experiences for others to learn as soon as I resolve this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 2:05pm On Jun 18, 2019
Sending me a PM is no issue at all.
however
conjecture doesn't look good on you.

I am not a sir plsssssssssssss

Moshkom:

OK. Yeah! it is answer it bro.

I will have to PM you one of these days oh. hoppe it wont be a Probelm Sir?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2019
Chemist009:

Bro tell us you're joking.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Moshkom(m): 2:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
Pepperoni001:
Sending me a PM is no issue at all.
however
conjecture doesn't look good on you.

I am not a sir plsssssssssssss

thanks. OK Bro smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ysteph: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Good afternoon everyone....
If an F1 visa applicant has a dependent that is a toddler, is it necessary to go with the toddler for interview or just go with the visa application documents.
The reason i ask is this, the toddler has had B1/B2 visa issued twice and has never gone to the embassy.
As a baby, we were sent a message to bring in his passport and not come with him. This was in 2016.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
Yes, you don't need to take the baby there. But go with his/her passport.
ysteph:
Good afternoon everyone....
If an F1 visa applicant has a dependent that is a toddler, is it necessary to go with the toddler for interview or just go with the visa application documents.
The reason i ask is this, the toddler has had B1/B2 visa issued twice and has never gone to the embassy.
As a baby, we were sent a message to bring in his passport and not come with him. This was in 2016.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by emamoke123: 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
Visa Transcript yesterday
Vo: Good morning, pass me your documents
Me:Good morning sir
(passes the documents)
VO: Where are you going?
Me: I am going to Oregon State university, corvallis portland to pursue a doctorate degree in Wood Science. I would be specializing in Timber mechanics and structural engineering.

VO: What qualifications do you have?
Me: I have a Masters in Civil Engineering

Vo: Your course, Wood science, is it material science.
Me: No, it is Wood science. I would be focusing on Timber structures(he then looks at my i20, wanting to confirm the course, I guess)
Looks up

VO: I can see you have an assistantship,
Me: yes

VO: will this cover for your stay through out?
ME: Yes it will

Vo: what will you be doing as a research assistant
Me: I would set up and conduct experiments both in the laboratory and on the field. I would also collect and analyze data for use in publications

Vo: You applied to other schools?
Me: Yes, university of Maine, Orono and university of Minnesota, twin cities

Vo: have you ever traveled out of Nigeria
Me: no sir, I have had no reason to

(at this point, I think say interview don end as baba looked down and was typing for a long time he then suddenly looks up and asks the soccer punch question, a question I had three different answers for but as my village pipu wan do nw, I went totally blank and out, infact NEPA take light for my brain)

Vo: why do you want to study wood science (I expected diz question since morning as e no ask dat time nw, I don move on, I didn't know it was still coming behind)
Me : (goes silent for like five seconds, vo looks up as if to say is like your head is not correct, didn't you hear my question)
Me: (stuttering) building with concrete and steel can be quite expensive
(vo nods )
Me: asides that they leave low carbon footprint on the environment (guys, it is supposed to be high)
VO: (SMILES) your visa has been approved
Return my i20 and gimme white paper

My pipu, I just comot for the consulate dey waka inside VI as I no sabi road. Later I siddon for one bus stop like 5mins to recuperate.
Dat last question almost finish me

Guys, question can come anytime and anyhow, pray for favor and do your very possible best to sound confident

God bless everyone here and grant our heart desires.
Thanks so much to the men here. I appreciate.

50 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.