Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1364233 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kacey007: 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
Walspring, please check your mail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 6:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
fairheart:
Generate your coupon here here: https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html#.
Send it to your uncle to take it to Western union with $210. Note, the fee is $200 but there is about $10 charge for transfer.
It is as simple as that.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 6:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
Buksss:

You can go to fmjfees.com , fill in your 1-901 form , when you do that . There’s a coupon you’ll print . Your uncle can either pay by mail (this takes about 5 days ) or courier , or he can take the coupon to western union with the money and transaction would be received immediately. Instructions on how to pay would be on the coupon . Go to fmjfees.com to register first
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Fxbol: 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2019
Johnolukolade:

Did you submit your I-20 with the SOAs?
No, It was not requested. Although, the VO had perused the I-20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
Davidkking:

Omo texrem sef no dey reply mail oo......cuz someone explain to me how to go about it let me direct my uncle in US on how to pay.....me sef wan pay
Fairheart and Buksss have replied you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nehemiah77: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
Fxbol:
10th June,2019

VO: Why did you choose this school?
i: I chose GSU for three reasons
First, the School offer program on human rights and social work within International & Domestic contest
Second, the school have education exchange program that allow me to learn from top social agency
Third, I was awarded scholarship which cover Tuition for the program

VO: What would this program do for you?
i: It will enable me to take offer from top organization that provides aids/reliefs for IDP
VO: Did you apply to other schools?
i: Yes
VO: Mention them
i: OU & UNCG
VO: How do you intend to sponsor your program?
i: I was awarded scholarship that covers Tuition
VO: I can see some deficit here
i: Yes, other expenses are to be sorted by my uncle and from my personal savings
VO: Starring at the SOA
i: I quickly mentioned the name of my uncle
VO: you will need to provide Six months of SOA for all accounts, as one of the SOA was printed in March
i: I will do the needful
VO: I hope you know that you will be ban to enter US if you provide fake documents
i: Sure, I know
VO: issued yellow paper and asked re-submit 6 months( end in May) submit original SOA to DHL

THE ISSUES
I had deficit of $20k
Uncle account $ 20.2k
My account $1k as at May end, while i submitted account till June 9 which is around $7k

VISA REFUSED

I would like to change sponsor since the account may not
What are best ways to re-fire

Many thanks.

Were you placed on AP before the refusal?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Johnolukolade(m): 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
Fxbol:
No, It was not requested. Although, the VO had perused the I-20

Well, I think you could have submitted it. The VO who interviewed you might not be the one who got your documents from DHL. I don't know how they run the stuff but I think the reason for your refusal is a "misconception". The person/people who reviewed the SOAs feel the closing balance won't be enough - not knowing you had a scholarship.

My thinking BTW. You can reapply bro.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olalekank(m): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2019
Beekorly:
Hi guys, my visa was approved around 9:50am today at Abuja.

After I had replied the VO's greeting and request for passport and I-20, these followed:

VO:- Why Tufts?

My response :- Tufts is a highly prestigious university and its CS department offers ML research specialization which is of interest to me.

VO:- Where did you have your bachelor's degree?
My response:- Here in Nigeria at Bleep university.

VO:- What will you do after your program?
My response :- I would return to Nigeria to pick up a lecturing job at my Alma mater.

VO:- Your visa has been approved.
My response :- Thanks
VO:- You're welcome.

All thanks to God.

Thanks for reviewing my mock transcript @Brown2Green and @Bracelum.

Wow Beekorly!!!

This is great news, my mind is jubilating for you right now

Congrats! I'm happy for you!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
Johnolukolade:

Well, I think you could have submitted it. The VO who interviewed you might not be the one who got your documents from DHL. I don't know how they run the stuff but I think the reason for your refusal is a "misconception". The person/people who reviewed the SOAs feel the closing balance won't be enough - not knowing you had a scholarship.

My thinking BTW. You can reapply bro.

Do you think they can't view the funding details from their system through sevis?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Fxbol: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nehemiah77:

Were you placed on AP before the refusal?
yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
Fxbol:
10th June,2019

VO: Why did you choose this school?
i: I chose GSU for three reasons
First, the School offer program on human rights and social work within International & Domestic contest
Second, the school have education exchange program that allow me to learn from top social agency
Third, I was awarded scholarship which cover Tuition for the program

VO: What would this program do for you?
i: It will enable me to take offer from top organization that provides aids/reliefs for IDP
VO: Did you apply to other schools?
i: Yes
VO: Mention them
i: OU & UNCG
VO: How do you intend to sponsor your program?
i: I was awarded scholarship that covers Tuition
VO: I can see some deficit here
i: Yes, other expenses are to be sorted by my uncle and from my personal savings
VO: Starring at the SOA
i: I quickly mentioned the name of my uncle
VO: you will need to provide Six months of SOA for all accounts, as one of the SOA was printed in March
i: I will do the needful
VO: I hope you know that you will be ban to enter US if you provide fake documents
i: Sure, I know
VO: issued yellow paper and asked re-submit 6 months( end in May) submit original SOA to DHL

THE ISSUES
I had deficit of $20k
Uncle account $ 20.2k
My account $1k as at May end, while i submitted account till June 9 which is around $7k

VISA REFUSED

I would like to change sponsor since the account may not
What are best ways to re-fire

Many thanks.

Na wa
You were almost through with the interview.

One month SOA is NEVER an option. Even 3 months can be rejected.
On the official website.. It is clearly stated LATEST 6 MONTHS .

Make sure you sort out your financial support before your next interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sambasten: 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hi bro, have you received any mail from Dr Saleh since the one in May? Let me know whenever and will do likewise. Thanks
Brown2Green:

Na wa
You were almost through with the interview.

One month SOA is NEVER an option. Even 3 months can be rejected.
On the official website.. It is clearly stated LATEST 6 MONTHS .

Make sure you sort out your financial support before your next interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2019
sambasten:
Hi bro, have you received any mail from Dr Saleh since the one in May? Let me know whenever and will do likewise. Thanks

Dr. Saleh is gone incognito.

He's finally confused and overwhelmed at same time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2019
Brown2Green:

Dr. Saleh is gone incognito.

He's finally confused and overwhelmed at same time.
LMAO
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sunnypolicy02: 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
fairheart:
Yes oo. These local guys are very professional. They know which wood will not survive a year if used for furniture. They gave name to almost all the woods in our forest: Kokori, Aya (not the one in GOT o grin), Ijebo, Akala, Rere, Eku, Abora (this wood perfume nice) lol...the list is long. These guys no go school; they learn in the forest and when they tell you a wood is matured enough, na so.

Don't ask me how I know all these woods. My half brother is a professional furniture maker, and being curious, I always ask about the name of the woods he's working with. Also, immediately after graduation, I work with a man as assistant during Coventant University Project IV. It has been long. To be honest with you, I love the program that guy is going for, especially because of my love for furniture.

I think it's a good course. It's going to be fun studying it. But the way you said "awon onigedu" got me.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by abike12(f): 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
wow things have really changed since I got my F1 visa almost 20 years ago...

thank you so much to everyone that contributes on here. I used a lot of the information from this thread to prepare my sister for her interview. she has been visiting the US almost every year since she was a handheld baby. I will try to give as much of a transcript as possible to give back in my little way.

background: undergraduate, sponsored by parents who live in Nigeria. i20 deficit - $18,200, SOA belonging to our dad: around $40k for the past 6 months

greetings and passed VO her i20
VO: Why did you choose business administration?
A: she gave her reasons and said she will be focusing in Human Resources
VO: when last did you visit the US and for how long
A: last year and for two months
VO: Why did you stay for two months
A: for Christmas and to see sister (me) who had a baby
*tried to give documentation for birth of her niece and the VO pushed it back*
VO: what does she do
A: gave answer
VO: what company
A: forgot and hesitated
VO: what are your plans after graduation
A: to return to Nigeria and work for a few years before getting MBA
VO: unfortunately you don't qualify for the visa

To applicants:
If you have any immediate family member here, please remember all their basic info, where they work, how many kids, address, immigration status and how they got it, etc.

If you are planning to come and study and have all your money, please apply to schools in Canada as backup so these people don't delay your life.

If you have no travel history, fear not, because as you can see travel history doesn't equal visa.

He didn't collect any document from her apart from i20 and seemed to be hung up on the fact that she spent 2 months here on holiday when she was given a two year visa and has been to the US at least 15 times, as well as other countries. If they are discriminating against non-STEM degrees, well that's just hilarious. We won't be reapplying and will try the more peaceful, serene and happy Canada. grin

Good luck to all and thank you for sharing all your experiences.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gbadenor(m): 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
good evening house...

I tried to submit my DS 160 but it's saying the passport number I entered is different from the previous one I filled.

and i have checked it, it's the same thing.
I don't know what to do again o.

has anyone encounter this type of issue before and how did you solve it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zolargeo: 8:42pm On Jun 18, 2019
TWoods:

If you can’t afford a few naira now, surely you cannot expect us to believe that you can afford the expenses that come with schooling in the US.

Thanks for your contribution, I appreciate it, I have a genuine sponsor, my budget is just somehow tight for now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zolargeo: 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
sharwama:

Would you appreciate the kind gesture financially? I can send account details in advance ooo grin grin grin
I hope you won't make another post to report me indirectly as well grin
So I took out time to go through your profile, I saw a previous denial transcript and how you probably had to defer your admission(if I am correct)
I also sense desperation(I am sorry). So let's do it this way. Breathe, I mean it. Breathe grin
Have you addressed the loopholes in your previous attempt(s)?
Can you post your proposed transcript for the imminent interview?
I am also concerned about your hinted financial status. Do you really have a GENUINE sponsor?
Oya start telling the truth osiso so we know how to "help" you gringrin grin

Thanks for your kind gesture, I really appreciate your effort, I will appreciate it according to my pocket (hope I have not crossed my boundary)

Intending Transcript

; Good morning
Vo : Good morning, pass me your passport and i20
Vo : why are you going to the US
I: To obtain my Professional Science Master in Geographic Information System at Eastern Illinois University
Vo:What has changed about your last application
I:Then I was unable to express myself better on the class I would be excited to attend. Now I realized that I have the courage to let you know that I would be excited to attend the classes on Remote sensing because it would be taken by Prof. ABC, and that course would give me the edge to succeed in what I planned to do in the nearest future as I want to use the knowledge acquired To help Nigeria in many different fields where we are lagging in it application, fields like crime analysis, farming, urban and regional planning and many more.
Vo: what will this program do for you?
I: it would enable me to tackle major problems that are facing Nigeria in different fields and also it would enable me to establish my consultancy firm where I would become a consultant to different parrastatals like anti crime department, agriculture companies, government agencies etc
Vo:Do you write any standardized test
I: Non was required for my intending program but I wrote TOEFL and I scored 85
Vo; Do you have a wife?
I: no
Vo: Do you have kids
I: no
vo: Have you traveled before?
I: No, Until now, I never had any reason to do so
Vo: How do you intend to fund your study
I: My father would take care of that and I would support that with my savings over the years
Vo: Do you have any evidence of his account?
I: yes, ( pass his SOA)

Please help me to peruse and scrutinize it, I will welcome your contributions and corrections...
Thanks for your kind gesture
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2019
abike12:

thank you so much to everyone that contributes on here. I used a lot of the information from this thread to prepare my sister for her interview. she has been visiting the US almost every year since she was a handheld baby. I will try to give as much of a transcript as possible to give back in my little way.

background: undergraduate, sponsored by parents who live in Nigeria. i20 deficit - $18,200, SOA belonging to our dad: around $40k for the past 6 months

To applicants:
If you have any immediate family member here, please remember all their basic info, where they work, how many kids, address, immigration status and how they got it, etc.

If you are planning to come and study and have all your money, please apply to schools in Canada as backup so these people don't delay your life.

If you have no travel history, fear not, because as you can see travel history doesn't equal visa.

He didn't collect any document from her apart from i20 and seemed to be hung up on the fact that she spent 2 months here on holiday when she was given a two year visa and has been to the US at least 15 times, as well as other countries. If they are discriminating against non-STEM degrees, well that's just hilarious. We won't be reapplying and will try the more peaceful, serene and happy Canada. grin

It is well, but spending 2 months na issue again? did the VO expect her to just spend 2 weeks ni....well, God will make a way!

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2019
abike12:

To applicants:

She didn't have a good response obviously from the transcript. Don't blame it on the STEM or Travels.

She can still give it a shot if she's well drilled.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2019
Please guys, is it a disadvantage at the interview if the passport is already stamped for student visa to another country (Germany) for the same fall resumption? A friend got scholarship in Germany and had her interview some weeks ago, the Germany Embassy still have her passport and other academic documents. She got Assistantship in US and obviously prefers US. She was told she can request for her passport before it is stamped and maybe return it later. Pls what do you think guys? Allow the passport to be stamped before US interview date in July or request the passport and attend US interview on clean slate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by JanetDoe: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
I had my interview at the US consulate yesterday. It was pretty basic/generic but here goes:
VO: Where are you going?
Me: I'm going to the University of Kansas Medical Centre, Kansas City, Kansas for my PhD in Biomedical Sciences.
VO: Why do you want this PhD?
Me: This PhD will equip me with the skills and training I need to become a successful biomedical researcher and qualify me for a job in academia.
VO: So you want to become an academic?
Me: Yes.
VO: The program is fully funded?
Me: Yes, I have a GRA.
VO: What is your highest qualification?
Me: I have a Bachelor of Pharmacy.
VO: When did you obtain this degree?
ME: 2016
VO: Are you married? Do you have kids?
ME: No and no.
VO: Ma'am, I'm going to approve your visa...

Let me ramble a bit: I'm not really one to post on online platforms such as these but given all that I have benefitted from this thread, it's only fair to give back however I can despite my reticence/discomfort. I first posted here before I had even started my grad school applications, asking for guidance as I had doubts about the competiveness of my profile and whether I wanted to go for a PhD or a Master's. Imperiouxx, Femi312 and other experienced posters were more than kind enough to allay my fears and offer helpful advice. I came across so many people at the consulate who clearly had no idea what was expected of them by the VOs and I'm doubly thankful I was made aware of this community and its insights. Thanks to everyone who takes out the time to answer questions (sometimes the same ones over and over) and particularly Walspring for helping with my SEVIS payment. Best of luck to everyone still in the throes of applications!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
MykelBriggs1:
Please guys, is it a disadvantage at the interview if the passport is already stamped for student visa to another country (Germany) for the same fall resumption? A friend got scholarship in Germany and had her interview some weeks ago, the Germany Embassy still have her passport and other academic documents. She got Assistantship in US and obviously prefers US. She was told she can request for her passport before it is stamped and maybe return it later. Pls what do you think guys? Allow the passport to be stamped before US interview date in July or request the passport and attend US interview on clean slate?

Safer to take it to the embassy first before Germany to avoid unnecessary questions.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by abike12(f): 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
Olumuyiwalasode:

It is well, but spending 2 months na issue again? did the VO expect her to just spend 2 weeks ni....well, God will make a way!

Amen! Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by abike12(f): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Brown2Green:

She didn't have a good response obviously from the transcript. Don't blame it on the STEM or Travels.

She can still give it a shot if she's well drilled.

thanks for your input. lol @ drilled. i remember my time sha, over preparation nearly wounded me cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
abike12:

thanks for your input. lol @ drilled. i remember my time sha, over preparation nearly wounded me cheesy

Good to have you back here.

Don't forget us your children. kiss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2019
Brown2Green:

Safer to take it to the embassy first before Germany to avoid unnecessary questions.

Thank you!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 9:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
Philtos:

Are you advising her to still stick to No or she should say yes since her mum is legally in the US now?

In my opinion, tell your friend (which I think is you) to be mindful of misrepresentation. She must have filled in her previous DS160 that she has no relative in the US. It would be flagged as misrepresentation if she changes the story now.

On the other side of the coin, she risks falling into the pit of "bad" family record if her mum was once "illegal" in the US. Am guessing her mum was illegal before getting her papers and that prompted her to deny the mum in previous applications. She is likely to fall into the same situation as the lady whose (ex) husband US presence is now a stumbling block, preventing her from getting her F1 visa.

Am not encouraging her to stick to her previous lies but any attempt to say the truth right now will not hold water. Once a liar, always a liar.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2019
JanetDoe:
I had my interview at the US consulate yesterday. It was pretty basic/generic but here goes:
VO: Where are you going?
Me: I'm going to the University of Kansas Medical Centre, Kansas City, Kansas for my PhD in Biomedical Sciences.
VO: Why do you want this PhD?
Me: This PhD will equip me with the skills and training I need to become a successful biomedical researcher and qualify me for a job in academia.
VO: So you want to become an academic?
Me: Yes.
VO: The program is fully funded?
Me: Yes, I have a GRA.
VO: What is your highest qualification?
Me: I have a Bachelor of Pharmacy.
VO: When did you obtain this degree?
ME: 2016
VO: Are you married? Do you have kids?
ME: No and no.
VO: Ma'am, I'm going to approve your visa...

Let me ramble a bit: I'm not really one to post on online platforms such as these but given all that I have benefitted from this thread, it's only fair to give back however I can despite my reticence/discomfort. I first posted here before I had even started my grad school applications, asking for guidance as I had doubts about the competiveness of my profile and whether I wanted to go for a PhD or a Master's. Imperiouxx, Femi312 and other experienced posters were more than kind enough to allay my fears and offer helpful advice. I came across so many people at the consulate who clearly had no idea what was expected of them by the VOs and I'm doubly thankful I was made aware of this community and its insights. Thanks to everyone who takes out the time to answer questions (sometimes the same ones over and over) and particularly Walspring for helping with my SEVIS payment. Best of luck to everyone still in the throes of applications!
Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sheke01: 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Style of writing is different..

One is a proud jjc that think he knows it all despite been a jjc .

The other Twood is Experience but thinks the worst of Nigerians. Can't blame him though, a lot of our people have issues

You got it spot on. Our generation of nairalanders are gradually coming to see things the way Twoods sees it.

Thanks to the few of your generation that still come here

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chomzy19(f): 11:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

One year is usually fine on the principle that you cannot use the return leg after a year so why allow students waste money ........ one way is usually allowed if your program is more than a year

So if the program is less than a year, you must book a return ticket?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.