Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1367413 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 9:19am On Sep 28, 2020
Are these dates not exclusively for people that paid for expedited interviews? Can any one just log in and book?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olansindeed: 9:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Are all the appointments 7 AM?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by geofortress: 9:22am On Sep 28, 2020
I want to change to Abuja. Do I need to fill another DS160 that has Abuja?. Anyone should kindly reppy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by HisEminence(m): 9:24am On Sep 28, 2020
It is tell me .... you are approaching the maximum number of times you may view this page. Please complete your transaction at this time.

Way forward?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon8: 9:26am On Sep 28, 2020
geofortress:
I want to change to Abuja. Do I need to fill another DS160 that has Abuja?. Anyone should kindly reppy

I don't think it really matters where you submit your DS-160 form because I read on their website that you may submit your form at one location and then have a need to get the interview at a different location. No matter what location you choose, the VO can access your DS-160 form with you application ID.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Alistervibes: 9:27am On Sep 28, 2020
I will like to dm you, please it urgent
Friedpotato:
same thing here. Only few slot were available for November 20 before I booked.

Escaped by a hair's breath.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BrTune: 9:33am On Sep 28, 2020
Around what time did u make ur selection?
Pepperoni001:
I picked the last slot

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sugarxx: 9:34am On Sep 28, 2020
Hello house, I logged in twice at 9am and no dates available. It also says “you are approaching the maximum number of times you can view this page, please complete your transaction at this time” I am scared of logging in again to avoid being locked out. Any advice ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BrTune: 9:37am On Sep 28, 2020
I realy think the dates were excusive to thoes who applied for expedited interview slots and got emails.
missuzoma:
Are these dates not exclusively for people that paid for expedited interviews? Can any one just log in and book?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by prindiza: 9:45am On Sep 28, 2020
Is it possible to get an expedited interview appointment without a prior regular appointment?
BrTune:
I realy think the dates were excusive to thoes who applied for expedited interview slots and got emails.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olansindeed: 9:51am On Sep 28, 2020
To those that were able to schedule an appointment,

1. Did you receive the email last week?

2. Were all the appointments 7 AM?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 10:00am On Sep 28, 2020
olansindeed:

Thank you.

1. I did not get the email

2. I was more focused on getting a date, I didn't bother to check the timing or available dates, I picked the earliest date available to me and that was October 16, 7 AM

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ormorteey: 10:00am On Sep 28, 2020
olansindeed:

Thank you.

For all those I know who were able to schedule, none received the email last week and all their appointments were 7 AM. However, I am not sure if all appointments slots were 7 AM.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 28, 2020
BrTune:

prindiza:
Is it possible to get an expedited interview appointment without a prior regular appointment?

It's not possible. You ought to have booked for an appointment with SEVIS fee paid before an expedition could be applied for and granted.

Some of those that got date today haven't paid for the SEVIS. So, It nullifies the impression that the dates were reserved for some group of persons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ZionSpecie(m): 10:05am On Sep 28, 2020
Schrodinger1:

It's not possible. You ought to have booked for an appointment with SEVIS fee paid before an expedition could be granted.

Some of those that got date today haven't paid the for SEVIS. So, It nullifies the impression that the dates were reserved for some group of persons.
But then at the time when some are getting dates, some are seeing no dates available. There must be a reason for this

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 10:14am On Sep 28, 2020
Good day y'all, I've been following this thread tho i don't really know how to use NL, it's kinda tough to navigate dic site.

Pls I'm applying to 20 schools in the US, only about 11 do provide css profile fee waiver to international students, while others don't at all, pls how do I raise the deficit? at least about four of em accept the ISFAA or how did you applied if the cost proves prohibitive to you?
Pls help a brother!

Cc: fairheart, Lagosismyhome, TWOODS, friedpotatoe, Schrodinger, RemarkableMind
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 10:18am On Sep 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

It is possible .. but how will u get it. If the receiver will send it to you then no problem. But most importantly it the school decision so it's the school you should confirm with not nairaland . Each school policies can differ slightly

thanks, ts the receiver that will send it to me...I'm yet to get a reply from the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 10:18am On Sep 28, 2020
Please am on my way to bank now...can I still see date after payments because I am afraid oooo not seeing date after payment oooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 10:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Schrodinger1:

It's not possible. You ought to have booked for an appointment with SEVIS fee paid before an expedition could be applied for and granted.

Some of those that got date today haven't paid the for SEVIS. So, It nullifies the impression that the dates were reserved for some group of persons.

I know someone who paid around July for an expedited appointment, never saw any date to book and got the reply that expedited appointments weren't happening. He got the mail last week and was able to book this morning.
We need to be clear what is happening and who these dates are meant for.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:24am On Sep 28, 2020
No need to rush anything, so you'll not make expensive mistakes that you jeopardize your chances.
They just opened the site, and I am sure that before the end of the day, those who need dates will be able to book.

The 6-day slots are more than enough for all F, J & M applicants in Nigeria. I am sure that during normal operational hours, the U.S embassy interviews more than 100 applicants per day. So, if that figure is close, that is like 600 F, M, J applicants for the entire slots. Guys, all of you will have date! Relax. Also, I think they only want to interview in Lagos, which I think is fine.

If date is not showing on your appointment-scheduling profile yet, give it time, or wait 7PM or tomorrow.
The dates will not finish.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Anybodie: 10:25am On Sep 28, 2020
missuzoma:

I know someone who paid around July for an expedited appointment, never saw any date to book and got the reply that expedited appointments weren't happening. He got the mail last week and was able to book this morning.
We need to be clear what is happening and who these dates are meant for.

I'm of the opinion that the dates are open to the general public.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BrTune: 10:25am On Sep 28, 2020
Aii.
For those unable to get a date, keep calm, there is a strong likelihood that more slots would be reopened.Acc to the emails sent, I think all the slots were for 7.00am, so all things being equal - more dates will be made available soon.
Worse case scenario, fly down to Abuja to do it, when they reopen.
Schrodinger1:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 10:29am On Sep 28, 2020
Curious2020:
Good day y'all, I've been following this thread tho i don't really know how to use NL, it's kinda tough to navigate dic site.

Pls I'm applying to 20 schools in the US, only about 11 do provide css profile fee waiver to international students, while others don't at all, pls how do I raise the deficit? at least about four of em accept the ISFAA or how did you applied if the cost proves prohibitive to you?
Pls help a brother!

Cc: fairheart, Lagosismyhome, TWOODS, friedpotatoe, Schrodinger, RemarkableMind

Pls i need help on this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:30am On Sep 28, 2020
Curious2020:

Pls help a brother!

How do you raise the deficit? Apply to the 11 schools that offer application fee waivers. No do pass your power. 11 schools are more than enough for you, considering the fact that you're going to settle for just 1 school at the end of the day. Most applicants going for undergraduate degree apply to 3-6 schools at most. 11 is just more than enough. If you insist you must apply to 20 schools, sit down and plan how to raise the application fees for the remaining schools.
All the best!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Theslumflower: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2020
So guys, please can someone explain what these examinations are; SAT, IELTS, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL

And again someone told me that SAT is like WAEC over here in the sense that if one writes it this year without applying for schools, you can always make use of your result subsequent years, you don't really have to rewrite the test. Please is that true?

It's my first time following this thread, so I just wanna catch up with you guys. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 10:34am On Sep 28, 2020
Please I need updates about dates appointment...someone should help please..is there an date available in lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BrTune: 10:36am On Sep 28, 2020
At the moment? No!
Later? Most likely
Felizz:
Please I need updates about dates appointment...someone should help please..is there an date available in lagos?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 10:36am On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=fairheart post=94395156][/quote]
Thanks, was just trying to be safe, tho I'm applying to 5 Ivy League, 3 ivy plus and 5 moderately prestigious + 8 safeties. And I totally understand the competition at ivies that's y i need to apply to numerous schs, i know a guy on quora applying to 45 and another to 25 all Nigerians!
Bcus most of them are applying to virtually the same schools as mine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Etherealbeing: 10:38am On Sep 28, 2020
olansindeed:

Thank you.

I didn't receive the email last week, but I was able to book. It was open to everyone, they just released it earlier than they said they would.
And yes, all appointments were 7AM.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Rackiel: 10:43am On Sep 28, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for contributing in this thread...when I come here I feel like I am interacting with the consular himself.

So I am also trying to book an appointment, but I have this issue of “exceeded the number I can view the page”. I want to ask if anyone has tried in the past creating another profile using the same Receipt number since an appointment has not been scheduled with it yet.

Please any one with experience or advice?
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 10:57am On Sep 28, 2020
BrTune:
I didn't apply for expedited interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Alistervibes: 10:58am On Sep 28, 2020
I just message you
BrTune:
At the moment? No!
Later? Most likely

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.