Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,521 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360261 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Spring1000: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2020
Please, is there anyone that was able to schedule an appointment in Abuja today? Is the visa appointment available to Lagos applicants only? This is really confusing.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chibzee2: 5:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
when did you start trying
Spring1000:
Please, is there anyone that was able to schedule an appointment in Abuja today? Is the visa appointment available to Lagos applicants only? This is really confusing.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
Anybodie:

I noticed the same thing, I saw (2) when selecting the appointment but my number is 11 on my form
If this is the case, say 30 applicants per slot X 6 = 180 applicants for the 6-day slots they announced. EducationUSA (which is US embassy agency) applicants alone are more than this number. True, the messages sent to applicants indicated it is first come, first serve basis, but honestly, I don't understand what's happening. grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Aderin0la: 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hello @Favouredtk,

Please I just sent you an email. I need your help URGENTLY. Kindly reply when you see it. Thanks

favouredtk:

Yes, I received the same email few minutes ago
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
I just got my updated I-20 and my resumption date is now 19th January. However, I had filled arrival date on ds160 to be 17th December, which is a month and 2 days before the resumption date.

Do you think this should be a problem?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Aderin0la: 7:27pm On Sep 28, 2020
Yes!!

It must be within a 30days frame. Check your I-20 for “earliest admission date”..,

Paragontek:
I just got my updated I-20 and my resumption date is now 19th January. However, I had filled arrival date on ds160 to be 17th December, which is a month and 2 days before the resumption date.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 8:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chibzee2:
when did you start trying

Where you able to book in abuja?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tityski: 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
fairheart:

If this is the case, say 30 applicants per slot X 6 = 180 applicants for the 6-day slots they announced. EducationUSA (which is US embassy agency) applicants alone are more than this number. True, the messages sent to applicants indicated it is first come, first serve basis, but honestly, I don't understand what's happening. grin

The email stated they will release the appointments at 9am, but they did way before 9am. Those of us waiting for 9am did not get any dates.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by librangyps(f): 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
Paragontek:

Is this winter resumption?

Please around what date is spring? March?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juniorsworld(m): 9:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
tityski:

The email stated they will release the appointments at 9am, but they did way before 9am. Those of us waiting for 9am did not get any dates.

Hopefully, they'll release some more this week, but I'm not holding my breath.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
tityski:

Does this mean...dates are no longer available at this time?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2020
librangyps:

Is this winter resumption?

Please around what date is spring? March?

Spring na January
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by librangyps(f): 10:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
Paragontek:

Spring na January

So when is winter?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Muneer5: 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
Tulacious123:

Please which course did you apply for?

Molecular and Cell Biology
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:16am On Sep 29, 2020
librangyps:

So when is winter?

The common Trimester semesters are Fall , Spring and Summer . Many universities use trimester system not quarterly system so winter session many schools dont have it . If a school has it then typically Winter- is between Fall and Spring

Fall semester: Starts around August
Spring semester :starts in January
Summer semester: starts around june

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 1:37am On Sep 29, 2020
Summer is more for summer classes, so not really part of the academic year though a few programs start in the summer. In most cases, an academic year comprises the Fall and Spring semesters.

LagosismyHome:

The common Trimester semesters are Fall , Spring and Summer . Many universities use trimester system not quarterly system so winter session many schools dont have it . If a school has it then typically Winter- is between Fall and Spring

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by librangyps(f): 3:13am On Sep 29, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sydney070(m): 7:54am On Sep 29, 2020
Any hope of releasing more dates today?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmphoto(m): 8:40am On Sep 29, 2020
Please I need help in filling my ds160 form
I’m seeking an undergraduate degree
•who should I put as my U.S. Contact, should it still be the school I’m going glad I have no one there?
•it asked about my current occupation and I typed student, still it requested I type the current school should that be the school I’m going in the U.S. ??
• passport book number and passport travel number what is the difference?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 9:24am On Sep 29, 2020
tmphoto:
•who should I put as my U.S. Contact, should it still be the school I’m going glad I have no one there?
•it asked about my current occupation and I typed student, still it requested I type the current school should that be the school I’m going in the U.S. ??

US contact is your school offical the name
On your i20

If you have went to training you put it there rather than putting your secondary school.

Tick does not apply for passport book number and Passport travel number.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 9:32am On Sep 29, 2020
@oludare

Big boss it been a while and I dropped several messages for you both chat and text message but no reply.

I hope everything is good and you can get back to me ASAP.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by brainy02: 10:36am On Sep 29, 2020
Walspring:
@oludare

Big boss it been a while and I dropped several messages for you both chat and text message but no reply.

I hope everything is good and you can get back to me ASAP.

Hey bro,

Drop me your current contact,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmphoto(m): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2020
Walspring:

US contact is your school offical the name
On your i20

If you have went to training you put it there rather than putting your secondary school.

Tick does not apply for passport book number and Passport travel number.

About the school Official is it the name of the person that signed the I20 form or the school name
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Miraculum: 10:59am On Sep 29, 2020
It's going to be the name of the person that signed your i20

tmphoto:

About the school Official is it the name of the person that signed the I20 form or the school name

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 11:04am On Sep 29, 2020
tmphoto:

On your I20, there's 'school official to contact upon arrival'. That's your US point of contact. Enter the person's name, email address, phone number and your school address
Passport /travel document number is your passport number
Passport book number does not apply

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tmphoto(m): 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
Thanks for the input

favouredtk:

On your I20, there's 'school official to contact upon arrival'. That's your US point of contact. Enter the person's name, email address, phone number and your school address
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by paulousguy(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
favouredtk:

Please boss, can I start my ds160 all over if there are few changes I want to make, as I already submitted one. In line with this, can I now use my old visa appointment fee (and reference) that I paid to schedule an appointment?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asguard: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
Is there hope of getting new dates?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
paulousguy:

Please boss, can I start my ds160 all over if there are few changes I want to make, as I already submitted one. In line with this, can I now use my old visa appointment fee (and reference) that I paid to schedule an appointment?

Thanks

As long as you've not scheduled an appointment with the old one, I think you can fill a new one. You just need to change the confirmation number on cgi to the new one before scheduling an appointment. And... if it's not yet up to a year that you made the MRV fee payment, it's still valid

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oracle009(m): 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
favouredtk:

As long as you've not scheduled an appointment with the old one, I think you can fill a new one. You just need to change the confirmation number on cgi to the new one before scheduling an appointment. And... if it's not yet up to a year that you made the MRV fee payment, it's still valid

This is not so true sir. You can fill another ds160 even after scheduling appointment. It must just be done before 72 prior to interview date. This is from their website:

"If you made a new DS-160 after scheduling an appointment, please log in to your profile and update your DS-160 confirmation number on the “Update Profile” page at least two business days prior to your visa interview appointment. ... Note that your visa application will be processed based on this DS-160 confirmation number."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.