Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360468 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oracle009(m): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2020
Good morning my people.

My school insisted on not mailing the i-20 to me, as the DSO insisted she had spoken with Homeland Security and the DHS has communicated the Nigerian embassy to accept emailed i-20.

She now requested that I mail the embassy and send their response to her. I mailed them on Wednesday and they replied this morning. Please check the response below:

What can I do now?

NB: There is emergency Lagos appointment dates, even if you don't have any appointment at all. I was mailed on that also.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by paulousguy(m): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2020
The slots' been exhausted
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 10:27am On Oct 02, 2020
Matluck:
what is wrong with my account embarassed embarassed embarassed?...i am seeing no slots available

If no luck, you can try to call the scheduling team customer service. Maybe they can reset your profile
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OliveWalls: 10:28am On Oct 02, 2020
Guys, I can't seem to be able to fill a new ds160 form. The page keeps bouncing back. Am I the only one experiencing this? It is so annoying especially since I cannot schedule an appointment with the old ds160 form. Can someone try this from their end? I will like to know if it is something I am doing wrong... abeg edaakun.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by felixboye1(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2020
Yes
maximilano:

Is it for F1 Visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 10:31am On Oct 02, 2020
oracle009:
Good morning my people.

My school insisted on not mailing the i-20 to me, as the DSO insisted she had spoken with Homeland Security and the DHS has communicated the Nigerian embassy to accept emailed i-20.

She now requested that I mail the embassy and send their response to her. I mailed them on Wednesday and they replied this morning. Please check the response below:

What can I do now?

NB: There is emergency Lagos appointment dates, even if you don't have any appointment at all. I was mailed on that also.

If that screenshot is the response from the embassy, i think it's clear enough. Print out your 120 in a good paper and go with it.

BTW share the part of the emergency appointment dates of your mail so others can benefit from it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juniorsworld(m): 10:37am On Oct 02, 2020
OliveWalls:
Guys, I can't seem to be able to fill a new ds160 form. The page keeps bouncing back. Am I the only one experiencing this? It is so annoying especially since I cannot schedule an appointment with the old ds160 form. Can someone try this from their end? I will like to know if it is something I am doing wrong... abeg edaakun.

That usually happens. Just wait for later today or the next day. It's likely a lot of people filling in appointments so their server is slow.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juniorsworld(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2020
Cocao:

These dates are fast filling. When i first logged in it was November 9th,now its up to 13th

Smh I arrived on the scheduling page at 10:20am and didn't see any dates.

Is it because I've originally been selecting Lagos as my interview and pickup place? I selected Abuja as my interview place and Lagos as my pickup place but it showed no dates. Do the two have to be both in Abuja or both in Lagos in order to see scheduling dates?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by paulousguy(m): 10:43am On Oct 02, 2020
Please someone help!!
Cgi isn't showing me whether there are appointments available or not, it's just showing: you are approaching the max number.... Please complete your transaction at this time. What could be wrong please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oracle009(m): 10:43am On Oct 02, 2020
OliveWalls:

I had that issue last week also. I wasted more than 5hours both on PC and phone. I used VPN (orbot) and it was sooooo smooth.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by juniorsworld(m): 10:50am On Oct 02, 2020
paulousguy:
Please someone help!!
Cgi isn't showing me whether there are appointments available or not, it's just showing: you are approaching the max number.... Please complete your transaction at this time. What could be wrong please?

There's a limit to how much you can view the calendar page: twice. That's it. Once you pass that limit, you won't see the page until 12AM D.C. time, which is basically the next day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oracle009(m): 10:50am On Oct 02, 2020
Cocao:

BTW share the part of the emergency appointment dates of your mail so others can benefit from it

Lagos Emergency Appointment Request Form
L
Lagos, NIV
to Lagos,
26 minutes agoDetails
Hello,

Thank you for your request. Your case has been reviewed, and it has been determined you may meet the requirements for an emergency student visa appointment. This email does not guarantee the offer of an appointment.

We need some additional information from you before moving forward.

Please follow the link below and complete the form:

We will only consider applicants for an appointment time that respond to the form. We will assign appointment dates for those that meet the qualifications for an emergency appointment and will offer appointment dates as they become available. We currently have a large volume of requests and are working through them as fast as we are able. We appreciate your continued patience.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2020
oracle009:

L
Lagos, NIV
to Lagos,
26 minutes agoDetails
Hello,

Thank you for your request. Your case has been reviewed, and it has been determined you may meet the requirements for an emergency student visa appointment. This email does not guarantee the offer of an appointment.

We will only consider applicants for an appointment time that respond to the form. We will assign appointment dates for those that meet the qualifications for an emergency appointment and will offer appointment dates as they become available. We currently have a large volume of requests and are working through them as fast as we are able. We appreciate your continued patience.

So basically, you can just fill in the form regardless of if you booked appointment date or not?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edox15: 10:57am On Oct 02, 2020
oracle009:

L
Lagos, NIV
to Lagos,
26 minutes agoDetails
Hello,

Thanks for sharing.
How did you contact them and what is your resumption date for spring ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Felizz: 10:58am On Oct 02, 2020
Hello house,

Please can I mail the embassy for emergency visa appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oracle009(m): 11:00am On Oct 02, 2020
edox15:

Thanks for sharing.
How did you contact them and what is your resumption date for spring ?

I didn't request for emergency o. I just sent a mail to them asking if emailed i-20 is accepted, as against their previous mail.

My school DSO actually asked me to send the mail to the embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2020
Matluck:
what is wrong with my account embarassed embarassed embarassed?...i am seeing no slots available
most likely, the slots are all filled now.

I said here that Abuja would open soon. Just that this time they didn't announce it.

As it stands, those that Haven't got dates should try to be monitoring this page and the visa page closely. They would keep releasing dates small small like this.

Most likely after this first round is over or close to it's ending.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by maximilano: 11:21am On Oct 02, 2020
felixboye1:
Yes
Thanks I just scheduled 13 November

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:23am On Oct 02, 2020
oracle009:
Good morning my people.

What can I do now?

What do you mean what can you do now

Why wont you believe the school, a school you want to attend ??. Covid has brought about different changes and the school would know

The next step is to do as instructed. Print it and go with the hard copy

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by johnaa1001: 11:39am On Oct 02, 2020
Thanks for sharing. Please does anyone know what the requirement is for requesting for emergency service.

oracle009:

L
Lagos, NIV
to Lagos,
26 minutes agoDetails
Hello,

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Matluck: 11:45am On Oct 02, 2020
maximilano:

Thanks I just scheduled 13 November

how??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2020
I know it has to be atleast 60days to resumption date
johnaa1001:
Thanks for sharing. Please does anyone know what the requirement is for requesting for emergency service.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by johnaa1001: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
Thank you!

sonofakin:
I know it has to be atleast 60days to resumption date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ykxcels: 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
All is well...! Being a silent follower close to 4 months now, thank you guys for the updates, biko please let's know as soon as slots are opened Lagos/Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OliveWalls: 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2020
Thank you. I will keep trying.

juniorsworld:

That usually happens. Just wait for later today or the next day. It's likely a lot of people filling in appointments so their server is slow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.