Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360943 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BGodsonMay: 2:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
Thanks for your response. It's very much appreciated.
Considering your points, do you suggest I get another SOA with a high available balance and have my school update my I-20 or is there a better option on how to go about it??
And yes, my uncle is my sponsor.
Thanks once again
Cocao:

I think the fund is too small. You dont have any funding from the school and you can only show just a teeny little over one year's estimate. Do you think its enough to convince a consular? Secondly, who is your sponspor? If it is uncle or other relation, how do you justify an uncle giving you all the money in his account for studying? Please mull over these
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by blessed4gifted: 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
I hope by tomorrow, they will start giving out new date for those they cancelled their appointment
obexxy:
I was supposed too as well

But it was cancelled with no new date given

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by PriboD: 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
For expedited appointments, please how many days does it take for a F1 VISA to be available for pick up after payment of the reciprocity fee?
PriboD:
For expedited appointments, please how many days does it take for a F1 VISA to be available for pick up after payment of the reciprocity fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2020
Any applicant to Colorado State University for next year fall session in the house? I want to know about GRE requirement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2020
BGodsonMay:
Thanks for your response. It's very much appreciated.
Considering your points, do you suggest I get another SOA with a high available balance and have my school update my I-20 or is there a better option on how to go about it??
And yes, my uncle is my sponsor.
Thanks once again

Your school does not need to reupdate your I20. If you can print out a sufficient balance from your sponsor and you have confidence in convincing the VO, then you can go ahead
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chibzee2: 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2020
Aderin0la:
When was it cancelled please?

Mine was cancelled on Friday the 23rd, I guess we should all just wait a bit

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BGodsonMay: 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
Noted! Thank you for your response.
Cocao:

Your school does not need to reupdate your I20. If you can print out a sufficient balance from your sponsor and you have confidence in convincing the VO, then you can go ahead

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olenda1: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
Please I need guidance please, admission has been offered and class is slated to start January but admission package I guess should be in Lagos right now because I got a mail from the delivering channel saying that the package delivery will be delayed because of the unrest state of the country, please what next should I do please I need help.
blessed4gifted:

congratulations. my interview is on friday. GSU also. Material science
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2020
Etherealbeing:

I presume that you're an F1 student, so you should fill in I20. DS190 is for J1 students I think.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Agnestardom: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2020
Sharon8:

Select 1-20 if it's for F1 visa

Thank you big.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olenda1: 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
Please I need guidance please, admission has been offered and class is slated to start January but admission package I guess should be in Lagos right now because I got a mail from the delivering channel saying that the package delivery will be delayed because of the unrest state of the country, please what next should I do please I need help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by blessed4gifted: 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
You have to wait patiently till everything get back to normal. You should have your electronic i20 which can be used to apply for Visa
Olenda1:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nitdude: 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
Fairheart pls I sent you an email, pls respond.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abiodun95(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2020
[quote author=PriboD post=95312485]For expedited appointments, please how many days does it take for a F1 VISA to be available for pick up after payment of the reciprocity fee?

Use this link to track update at DHL���
https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-passportretrieve.asp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2020
Good evening everyone.

I'd be grateful if anyone can wholeheartedly assist me with information. I

I want to apply for an undergraduate degree program with scholarship advantage in any School in the USA.

I don't even know how to start the application or the school to chose because i have no idea on what to do.

I need assistance with a list or a school that accepts international student for undergraduate studies with scholarship or a cheap school without scholarship, but the truth is that scholarship is my number one reason or priority.

The only favour i need is information please.

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Snakedoctor1: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chibzee2:
Does anyone have an interview tomorrow 26th at the Lagos embassy?
canceled
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chonco:
Good evening everyone.

I want to apply for an undergraduate degree program with scholarship advantage in any School in the USA.

I don't even know how to start the application or the school to chose because i have no idea on what to do.

I need assistance with a list or a school that accepts international student for undergraduate studies with scholarship or a cheap school without scholarship, but the truth is that scholarship is my number one reason or priority.

Well I guess you're newbie here, no worries!
There's a trend on this platform, you should have done research of about 75-80% before people can assist you here, I've been there smiley you can't expect anyone to help you with all this from scratch, I spent almost a year researching my options and came up with a list of 20 colleges.

Just google search this keyword "undergraduate scholarships for international students to study in the US"

Once you find out schools giving those scholarships, learn more about the application process e.t.c, come back here and ask questions concerning things you can't find out from the internet i.e specific informations relating to requirements for Nigerians. Which would be impossible to get from GOOGLE

PEACE.....

Good luck!
Once you've done your research you can pm I'd help you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
Curious2020:

Well I guess you're newbie here, no worries!
There's a trend on this platform, you should have done research of about 75-80% before people can assist you here, I've been there smiley you can't expect anyone to help you with all this from scratch, I spent almost a year researching my options and came up with a list of 20 colleges.

Just google search this keyword "undergraduate scholarships for international students to study in the US"

Once you find out schools giving those scholarships, learn more about the application process e.t.c, come back here and ask questions concerning things you can't find out from the internet i.e specific informations relating to requirements for Nigerians. Which would be impossible to get from GOOGLE

PEACE.....

Good luck!
Once you've done your research you can pm I'd help you.
Also if you're thinking of getting into the US this year, well let me break it to you—that's a pipe dream, considering the fact that you haven't researched your college options, if I may ask what are your STATS i.e how's your WASSCE result, ur gpa, have you taken the SAT/ACT, do you have Means of sponsoring your application, how do you sponsor your travel if admitted?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
Curious2020:

Also if you're thinking of getting into the US this year, well let me break it to you—that's a pipe dream, considering the fact that you haven't researched your college options, if I may ask what are your STATS i.e how's your WASSCE result, ur gpa, have you taken the SAT/ACT, do you have Means of sponsoring your application, how do you sponsor your travel if admitted?

Thank you for your response. I appreciate.
My WAEC is okay but have not calculated to know the GPA. I've not taken any language proficiency test. I also got to know that since there's Covid, no need to write SAT but there made a provision for another test.
Yes, i have means of sponsoring my application and my parents will sponsor my tfare/travel arrangements.

The issue now is this; i don't know how the scholarship program works.
Is there a particular percentage provided by the school?

I'll send a PM to you because I've actually made some researches but i need to know more.

Once again, i appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 7:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chonco:

Thank you for your response. I appreciate.
My WAEC is okay but have not calculated to know the GPA. I've not taken any language proficiency test. I also got to know that since there's Covid, no need to write SAT but there made a provision for another test.
Yes, i have means of sponsoring my application and my parents will sponsor my tfare/travel arrangements.

The issue now is this; i don't know how the scholarship program works.
Is there a particular percentage provided by the school?

I'll send a PM to you because I've actually made some researches but i need to know more.

Once again, i appreciate
perfecto! smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ZionSpecie(m): 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
BGodsonMay:
Good morning everyone. Please, I'm still waiting for a response,[color=#000099][/color] thanks.
You just have to use what is available for you. A very strong reason why the person is spending almost all his money on you will do. If it's your parent, that will be easy. Otherwise the person must be so indebted to you either because of how your parentsvgor him to where he is, or he has been the one footing your school bills from time.
There could be many more reasons though
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Juwon21: 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
House is there no one applying to CSU that help to answer my question? kindly assist

Juwon21:
Any applicant to Colorado State University for next year fall session in the house? I want to know about GRE requirement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by solihp(f): 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
Juwon21:
House is there no one applying to CSU that help to answer my question? kindly assist

The best place to check admission requirement is on the school's website or ask the graduate director of the department you're applying to

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4hranc: 11:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
HisEminence:

Booked an interview sometimes in last week of September, when there were no dates in Lagos. So I got March 2021, applied for emergency interview and I got a reply last week that it has been approved, that I should go and reschedule the interview in my profile.

Please, how did you achieve this? Provide insight into your success with this process
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
LagosismyHome:

23 years having $20k plus in the country like Nigeria can raise a brow. ..... but if can show evidence of how u got it then that helps

Is this undergrad or postgraduate

You must be able to show the source of of the funds in your account. You be ready to articulately justify how you make your money either through business or employments

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by HisEminence(m): 1:07am On Oct 26, 2020
zeeLady:
I am not totally sure, but i think your ds-160 needs to correspond to where you are doing the interview

So I should go ahead to update it to Abuja abi
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by HisEminence(m): 1:09am On Oct 26, 2020
4hranc:

Please, how did you achieve this? Provide insight into your success with this process

I did that by sending a mail to the consulate in Abuja, stating my reasons. And they replied
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mesoma37: 2:02am On Oct 26, 2020
Oluwaseunisi:
Please how can I contact you. I want to talk to you about tracking your passport. I was behind you during the interview but I'm having difficulty tracking my passport because it was expedited. I had not booked an appointment through the conventional means before the interview.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mesoma37: 2:05am On Oct 26, 2020
[b][/b] please do mind sharing the name of the school....I'm actually applying for the same course as you thanks..
Matluck:
I had the interview on the 16th October, 2020.

I booked a room at a hotel about 2.7km from the consulate. I also was fortunate to meet a driver who agreed to drive me to the consulate at 5am sharp...amd he kept his word... I almost felt goosebumps when he called me 4:59am.
Anyways, I arrived few minutes afterwards with some 5 interviewees waiting. We weren't attended to until few minutes past 6am.

Heads-up... please get all your documents and reciprocity fee ready. Some who came quite early had to fall out of the line to get their stuffs set... And trust the "boys" waiting to overbill you for your unpreparedness.
Shortly, we were ushered in and checked thoroughly and I began to fall back from my 2nd position in line to abt 5th (apparently, a razor was detected in my wallet which I had no premonition about)
Well, I entered sha...verifications and all. My ds160 was for Abuja and upon knowing, I was asked to wait so it can be retrieved to lagos' database. At this time, I was no 17th.
Gladly the consular official (I think he's the infamous Chinese) was just issuing visa o... Abt 14 plus... Only 1 got a yellow slip. I guess he took a break and another dude took over. And fast forward to me... Here it went thus..

Me: good morning
VO: yea, morning, your documents please
Me: hands over

VO: why are you going to US?
Me: I'm going to pursue a Masters degree in Engineering with concentration in petr....

VO: Why this school?
Me: well, besides the fact that it's among the top 10, the....

VO: I know, but why this particular one and not the other 9?
Me: OK, the works of prof... Quite aligns with mine interest and...

VO: so, who's sponsoring you?
Me: I was offered a research assistantship position which caters for the tuition and comes with stipends for my living expenses..

VO: are you married
Me: no

VO: do you have children
Me: no

... VO muted the microphone and started speaking with his colleague saying somethings like.. Yeah he's genuine and all and he's into a research program blah blah... Las Las...
VO : I intend to issue you a visa, go pay at counter 22 ensure your i-20 is with you blah blah...

Me: thank you.. God bless.

I'm profoundly grateful to my friend Prosper for the mockup interviews.. I don't know how to thank my God enough really.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by hairbyuj(f): 5:29am On Oct 26, 2020
Hello dear,
We are in the same shoes.
Can I Pm u.

Or my WhatsApp is on underneath this quote

Chonco:
Good evening everyone.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 26, 2020
Please, write GRE if you can and go for a PhD instead of MSc
nanoparticle:
Goodmorning all, pls I have some important questions to ask
1. I heard some schools in the US have waived GRE due to COVID 19...is it true bc I haven't written one and I intend to apply for admission

2 I have a bachelor in pharmacy and I intend to go for a masters degree..my CGPA is 4.41/5 and 3.64 with WES. What ae my chances of getting a scholarship or an assistantship?

3. Hope age 32 isn't bad for a masters degree?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: Everbest30(m), FunnyDude(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.