Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (663) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1362938 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funfav: 8:46pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ftos:

Is the person given emergency?
When did he see 13th November. Is it this evening?

Yes I saw 13th Nov and hour ago while trying to reschedule my appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Youngstown: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2020
Sharon2438:

Pls what reason did you give for your request?

"I have been admitted for the spring semester and I need an appointment to enable me make travel preparation and plans". That's was all. Also don't forget to attach your i-20 and sevis receipt.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2020
Funfav:

Yes I saw 13th Nov and hour ago while trying to reschedule my appointment

Did you first cancel the previous appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lollla: 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ftos:

When was that? No 2020 date available. It's still April 2021

Have you been interviewed these last few days(did you get denied?) or this is a fresh interview for you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 9:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lollla:

Have you been interviewed these last few days(did you get denied?) or this is a fresh interview for you

fresh!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tsirin(f): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2020
Please what are the documents to bring along for a visa interview, help someone, I don't have 10k for just printing at the embassy ooo. thanks �

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Peacock1234: 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2020
jayzen:
VISA APPROVED
30th October, 2020
Lagos consulate
Window 9.

So it went thus:

VO: Good morning, pass your documents(I was trying to separate my i20 from other documents the biometrics peeps folded with it but he said I should pass all, so I did). Are you nervous?

ME: ( I didn't know what to answer that will suit him so I just smiled . I was actually nervous)

VO: There's no need to be nervous, we're just gonna have a conversation, OK?

ME: OK.

VO: Why are you going to WIU?

ME: I'm going for my master's degree in(cuts me off)

VO: Tell me why you're going to WIU, not some memorised lines

ME: (I think I flustered for words here cos I didn't know what he wants to hear) The school offered me a full graduate assistantship that covers (cuts in again)

VO: Are you going to WIU because they're going to fund you? OK listen, if someone walks up to you and says “why do you want to go to this school, what would you say?

ME: OK. I'm going there because the RPTA program will offer me a GIS certification along with my degree and.... cuts in

VO: What's GIS?

ME: it's geographic information system

VO: What's it used for?

ME: It's used for collecting and analyzing spatial data in...

VO: Why do you want to study GIS?

ME : I'm not going to study GIS, it's just a certification that comes with the program

VO: I know, but why do you need it .

ME: It's important in natural resource management and that's the concentration I'm going for(He nodded)

VO: Who'll be sponsoring you?

ME : I received a graduate assistantship that covers my tuition and offers monthly stipends, the deficit will be taken care of by my uncle

VO : What does he do?

ME : He's a medical doctor in the UK

VO: Have you traveled out of the country before?

ME : Never had any reason to

VO : Are you married? I said no
Do you have kids? I said no

He types briefly and said he'll be issuing my visa and to keep my i20 safe, pay my reciprocity fee.... Then I left.

Suggestions from my experience :
1. Don't try to avoid any VO, have an open mind and be ready for anyone you're sent to otherwise you'll be disorganized and disoriented within your first few seconds. This happened to me. I was hoping not to be interviewed by that VO. He was a big time driller.

2. Sometimes, your proposed response might not be what a particular VO wants to hear. So, have something else up your sleeve, something genuine and convincing.

3. Prepare, pray and focus.

4. It's OK to be nervous, but get over it fast so that the brain can think.

Fairheart and Texrem, you both deserve a special mention here, words will fail me if I wanted to detail how helpful you both have been. Thank you so much. It's amazing how you two can switch from a friendly conversational tone to a strict VO mode grin

@Omomayelekasi, sincerely, you're an angel in human body . Thanks for all your help and support, the motivation, the subtle chastising. You deserve the best of life.

Thank you all nairalanders, I learnt from every one of your posts. Thank you Vincent, I don't take you for granted at all. God bless you for all the little things you did that now means so much.

Success to the rest of you guys
And congratulations in advance!!

I remember yours. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Peacock1234: 10:55pm On Nov 10, 2020
HisEminence:

F2 visa approved
Date: 9th of November 2020.

I got to the Consular at some minutes to 7am. I remembered I needed to print a last minute document. After so much bargaining, I paid 10k instantly. Wasn't happy about it but we move anyways.

I approached the entrance and was directed in. I was the fifth person when I entered the building, all F1, except me (F2)

So we were called in, in 3s. So to the interview proper. When I entered the first person on the line was already paying her Reciprocity fee. Every other applicant before me too were granted visa.

Only one VO was attending to us, but he seemed very calm and friendly.
Fast forward to my interview.

VO: Good morning sir.
Me: Good morning.
VO: pass me your passport and i-20 please..
Me: (hands them over)
VO: (on seeing my i-20) wow, your wife is in the U.S
Me: Yes, she is.
VO: What is she studying?
Me: (stammers a bit) She's studying chemistry at Copping state university, Baltimore, Maryland.
I didn't like that how that sounded, so I had to tell me that I stammer at times like this.

VO: (Nods) No problems, just take your time
Me: (in my mind, I was like.... Oshey padi mi. Afolabi, calm down, you gat this)

All this while, I noticed someone else behind him listening to both of us. And he has been there when those before me were interviewed.

Then the VO switched of his mic and turned to start talking with the other guy. Pointing at the system, passport and my i-20 as he's discussing. And the other guy kept nodding and looking at the system as the VO was talking. This lasted for about a minute.

Then VO faces me again.

VO: When did she travel?
Me: 31st of December 2019
VO: Why didn't you travel with her?
Me: I was overseeing a project at the office. I work with the Lagos state government. (I motioned to bring out my staff ID card.)
VO: No need. What do you do?
Me: I am a system administrator and an I.T support officer.

VO turns again and starts discussing with the guy again. This lasted for about 30 seconds

VO faces me again.

VO: Do you have any kids.
Me: Yes, she gave birth to our baby there in the US, just before the lockdown
VO: Oh, Male or Female?
Me: Female
VO: Has she come back to Nigeria since she had the baby?
Me: No, she hasn't
VO: Why are you just applying?
Me: I applied earlier in march, and I got May as my interview date, but it didn't hold.
VO: Were you denied?
Me: No. The appointment was cancelled.
VO: Oh, okay
VO: How did you meet your wife?
Me: I met her through a mutual friend. We met and we liked eachother.
VO: How did they know eachother.
Me: They attended the same school.
VO: When did you meet her?
Me: 2018
VO: when did you get married?
Me: Traditionally and according to Islamic rights, February 2019. And then we proceeded to the registry in Ikoyi, Lagos, in December, to make it official.
VO: Nods
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
Me: Yes, I have. We travelled to the UAE together.
VO: How long did you spend there?
Me: About a week.
VO: Like a honeymoon right?
Me: Yes.
VO: Have you been to the US before?
Me: No, not at all

VO turns to his guy again. The discussion again lasted for another 30 seconds.
In my mind, I was like.... my fate is being decided now.
He then faces me again.

VO: (Looks at my i-20 and sees my wife's school fees on it) who is paying your wife's fees?
Me: Her dad.
VO: What does he do?
Me: He's a businessman in the oil and gas sector. He's a CEO of Crowns oil. Also he's a high chief of the Oba of Ikoyi in Lagos.
VO: (Nods) Oh, okay. Makes sense
VO: What does your dad do?
Me: My dad is late, but before he died he was a retired Airforce officer.
VO: Nods. Your application looks okay at this point. Take this white paper, go to the cashier to pay your reciprocity fee, bla bla bla
Me: I was already shinning teeth under my nose mask.

I paid my fee. Went back to the VO to drop the passport and I zoomed out. Got out and I told the others sitting outside all the best.

Tips
1. After God, na God ooo. Nothing else
2. Please make sure you print every document before coming for your interview, those guys outside no get joy. Dem go bill you die
3. Make sure you hold money on that day. Any last minute thing might come up to print. There's no such thing as too much documents ooo
4. Be as confident as possible. Be calm. Dont speak too much, but make sure your answers cover the questions asked.

Big shout out to everyone who has impacted on us all. All the best to all applicants.

We move!!!

Congrats on the Visa and Baby.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Vader92: 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lildairo:

Congratulations!

I'm going to UIUC too. My interview is 11th December.

I wish you success in your interview bro, what course are you going for?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 2:33am On Nov 11, 2020
my question tho is the 60 days the time to start of class or what. because for me i am suppose to be on ground at least 2 weeks to the start of class, so which date will be my 60days
thedsl:
Hi guys. I picked the April date and requested emergency appointment. Uploaded my I-20 and Sevis fee receipt but wasn’t within the 60 days they stated. They denied me the emergency appointment and I’m wondering if it’s the time factor that’s the reason.

For those who were denied too, what’s the way forward? Do I send an email and are they likely to respond? Or we just keep checking for available dates so we can reschedule?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 2:39am On Nov 11, 2020
wic of the offices please and how did u guys apply, are you guys withing the 60 days resumption window?
Zoeyp:

I just got this same email now. Check guys, they are responding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Joclins: 4:20am On Nov 11, 2020
Hello here, I am new here and have a quick question.

I have an high school GPA of range 2.93 to 3.00 on 4.00scale and I'm planning to apply to US Universities. I have applied to Southern Illinois University, Biological Sciences, and still processing.
No SAT or ACT required in my proposed University as this has been waived this year for 2021 freshmen.
Fair enough High school Transcripts.

Do you guys think I can get any US full or massive partial undergraduate Scholarship with this qualification? Not only in siue but other US universities?
What other universities do you think I can take advantage of during this period?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pachenry: 5:51am On Nov 11, 2020
Please house, Can 1 still use printed electronic copy of i20 for the interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funfav: 6:15am On Nov 11, 2020
Please how many times can one reschedule a US Visa appointment date? I was denied and emergency request date yesterday and I checked my profile to see that Jan 4 date is available. I reschedule to January but its too close to my resumption date and so will like a date in december. How many times am I allowed to reschedule before im asked to pay another fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funfav: 6:17am On Nov 11, 2020
Pachenry:
Please house, Can 1 still use printed electronic copy of i20 for the interview?

Even I am interested in this response pls reply guys. Can one use printed electronic i-20 for interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Funfav: 6:27am On Nov 11, 2020
Peacock1234:

I remember yours. Congrats.

Wao, this got my attention because i am also going to WIU... How can I contact Fairheart for a Mock interview pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 6:32am On Nov 11, 2020
Funfav:
Please how many times can one reschedule a US Visa appointment date? I was denied and emergency request date yesterday and I checked my profile to see that Jan 4 date is available. I reschedule to January but its too close to my resumption date and so will like a date in december. How many times am I allowed to reschedule before im asked to pay another fee
Please when did you see Jan 4th ?
Did you clicked on reschedule before you see it as available date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 6:37am On Nov 11, 2020
please is lagos embassy still attending to emergency interview request? and what email address can one send a request for emergency interview to. thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 6:40am On Nov 11, 2020
Phori:
please is lagos embassy still attending to emergency interview request? and what email address can one send a request for emergency interview to. thank you
You have to book an appointment first , then you will see request for emergency on dashboard, then click on it and follow the process.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 6:51am On Nov 11, 2020
Funfav:

Even I am interested in this response pls reply guys. Can one use printed electronic i-20 for interview
Yes.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nues012(m): 6:55am On Nov 11, 2020
Good morning,
Pls where can I do my Tofel exams here in Nigeria
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 7:01am On Nov 11, 2020
nues012:
Good morning,
Pls where can I do my Tofel exams here in Nigeria
There are 3 centers in Lagos (VI, Gbagada and Ikorodu Road).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by nues012(m): 8:04am On Nov 11, 2020
pls can someone tell me Universities in america that their application is free and has student assistantship?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 8:08am On Nov 11, 2020
nues012:
pls can someone tell me Universities in america that their application is free and has student assistantship?
Thank you

University of utah - no application fee, deadline -dec 1

2. Wayne State University - no application fee, deadline-early dec

3. University of Rochester - no application fee, Deadline-dec 15

4. Temple University - Can offer waiver

5. Scripps research institute - no application fee, deadline-dec 1

6. Michigan state University - no app. fee, deadline - dec 15

7. Iowa State University - no application fee, deadline jan 15

8. Georgia tech - no application fee

9. Georgetown university - can offer waiver

10. University of Emory - can offer waiver

11. Case western reserve university - no application fee, deadline- april 15

12. Caltech (can offer waiver)

13. Brigham young university - no application fee, deadline Jan 5

14. Carnegie mellon University - waived application fee for fall 2021 application

15. Auburn University - no application fee, deadline- dec 5

16. Tulane University - no application fee, deadline- april 4

17. Pennsylvania state University - can offer waiver, deadline- dec 15

18. University of Illinois chicago - waive application fee till dec 15

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lukee247(m): 8:33am On Nov 11, 2020
What's even the full meaning of this IVY in relation to ivy league schools...

I hear some people saying full funding is the real ivy .......
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 9:30am On Nov 11, 2020
Ftos:

University of utah - no application fee, deadline -dec 1

2. Wayne State University - no application fee, deadline-early dec

3. University of Rochester - no application fee, Deadline-dec 15

4. Temple University - Can offer waiver

5. Scripps research institute - no application fee, deadline-dec 1

6. Michigan state University - no app. fee, deadline - dec 15

7. Iowa State University - no application fee, deadline jan 15

8. Georgia tech - no application fee

9. Georgetown university - can offer waiver

10. University of Emory - can offer waiver

11. Case western reserve university - no application fee, deadline- april 15

12. Caltech (can offer waiver)

13. Brigham young university - no application fee, deadline Jan 5

14. Carnegie mellon University - waived application fee for fall 2021 application

15. Auburn University - no application fee, deadline- dec 5

16. Tulane University - no application fee, deadline- april 4

17. Pennsylvania state University - can offer waiver, deadline- dec 15

18. University of Illinois chicago - waive application fee till dec 15

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 9:31am On Nov 11, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morpheux: 9:50am On Nov 11, 2020
TrojanSnail:
Interview: 20th of Oct, 2020.
Time: 6:00AM
Was led in to the embassy at about 6:35AM.

VO: So PhD in Aerospace at Iowa State University?
Me: Yes sir

VO: Why PhD in Aerospace
Me: would love to continue in Aerospace cos my undergrad and grad studies were in Aerospace

VO: what would you do with a PhD in Aerospace?
Me: I currently teach in a...

VO: cuts in, I see it
VO: Are you married?
Me: yes sir

VO: how many kids do you have?
Me: None for now

VO: Is your wife going with you?
Me: Not at the moment

VO: So you studied in China
Me: yes, I did

VO: do you speak Mandarin
Me: 一点点,sorry, a little

VO: So I'll be approving your visa, make sure you hold your i20 when entering the US. Good luck with your studies.
Me: thank you sir.

Had to put the details here, the interview was fast, it was more of a casual discussion.

Congratulations

Did you submit toefl results or was it waived ?
Plus did the school accept unofficial transcripts for admission process, I can’t seem to find the info on the website.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2020
Vader92:

I wish you success in your interview bro, what course are you going for?

I'm going for LAW bro.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gabby1234: 11:48am On Nov 11, 2020
Please is this warning of almost reaching your limit to reschedule an appointment per day or how is it

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SeunTol: 12:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
Gabby1234:
Please is this warning of almost reaching your limit to reschedule an appointment per day or how is it

Thanks

Yes, it's per day. I guess maximum of 4 to 5 times. After which you will be logged out till the next day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.