Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1357329 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 9:22am On Nov 10, 2020
Asiwaju101:
Hello house
Pls is there anyone that has once been denied a visa and later reapply, pls is there any assurance of getting a visa after been denied once,and what questions does such person satnd to meet,
F1 visa

There are several people who got their visa after been denied twice, thrice and even last year, after the 8th denial.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 9:26am On Nov 10, 2020
Yea, mine was confirmed too. Thanks for the update
Loloking:
I just got confirmed again for Nov 13th. For those of us who they asked to pick June 19th and apply an emergency appointment to maintain the Nov 13th. Someone asked that I do this so this is me doing it. I sent a message yesterday afternoon and woke up this morning to confirm my Appointment

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asiwaju101: 9:34am On Nov 10, 2020
Hello guys,
Please is it true that November 13th is the last date for emergency visa approval?
And today been 11th can I still go ahead to request for an emergency visa, and how long does it take before they can grant an emergency visa.
Your replies are welcomed pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Thazine: 9:50am On Nov 10, 2020
Etherealbeing:
Hey guys, It’s been a long time coming.

Visa Approved on November 6th, 7AM batch.

Hi please check your mail. I sent you an e-mail.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2020
Asiwaju101:
Hello house
Pls is there anyone that has once been denied a visa and later reapply, pls is there any assurance of getting a visa after been denied once,and what questions does such person satnd to meet,
F1 visa

Share your transcripts please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lollla: 10:41am On Nov 10, 2020
Hi everyone, please for someone that recently got refused but didn't request for an expedite for the date, can the person request for an expedite now? Also while trying to select a new date, the application say there's no date available for those that has been refused in the last 2 months, what can the person do to get a date asap.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BGodsonMay: 11:04am On Nov 10, 2020
Thanks for your response. Please, what about Mississippi State University?? I want to be sure it's a GRE/GMAT/IELTS waived school. Thanks once again.
majorstark:

UALR - English Language and GMAT/GRE may be waived based on
1. language of taught
2. interview with program coordinator
3. Years of experience (GMAT n GRE)
4. motivation letter
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kateyy: 11:11am On Nov 10, 2020
Good day. I was denied visa last week and the earliest date I can find on the website is April, my school resumes in January, what can I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kateyy: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2020
Lete:

Hellos bro, I hope u are a guy....anyways, I have the same issue. I booked April and then requested for an emergency date. I was denied today, so I called them, the lady that picked said emergency appointment chances are only once, if u are denied u can’t reapply. And secondly the MRV can be used twice, so don’t bother about the warning.

Then she said nothing can be done now, the only thing now is for me to keep checking for earliest available dates as some will be announced soon.

So as e be now Na God hand person Dey. Except u want to pay another $160 and start ur reapplication.

Na prayer I Dey like this. But I believe God will finish what He has started.

Cheers

Does paying another $160 qualify u for emergency appointment even if u have denied visa before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 11:56am On Nov 10, 2020
Please, how many chances do you have to request for an emergency appointment?
Urgent answer please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lete:

Hellos bro, I hope u are a guy....anyways, I have the same issue. I booked April and then requested for an emergency date. I was denied today, so I called them, the lady that picked said emergency appointment chances are only once, if u are denied u can’t reapply. And secondly the MRV can be used twice, so don’t bother about the warning.

Then she said nothing can be done now, the only thing now is for me to keep checking for earliest available dates as some will be announced soon.

So as e be now Na God hand person Dey. Except u want to pay another $160 and start ur reapplication.

Cheers

Can you still find the emergency request icon of the left said?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asiwaju101: 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hello guys,
Please is it true that November 13th is the last date for emergency visa approval?
And today been 11th can I still go ahead to request for an emergency visa, and how long does it take before they can grant an emergency visa.
Ftos:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ftos:

Yes I did after I got a denial mail, so I placed the request again, did u get a denial mail ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 1:02pm On Nov 10, 2020
Not true. Go ahead and apply and make sure to upload your 120 and sevis receipt. State reasons why you need the emergency appointment and hope for the best.

Some reasons you can use: University campus housing (they need proof to reserve one for you), loosing research assistantship funding, applying for leave on time (if working), travel logistics....etc

This is an offcial letter so construct your word properly, but be concise.

Asiwaju101:
Hello guys,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2020
GeoOla25:

Yes I did after I got a denial mail, so I placed the request again, did u get a denial mail ?

Yes, did first time. Then, I have not submitted my ds160. maybe that was the reason, I submitted other documents
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2020
GeoOla25:

Were you given the second attempt?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lollla: 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2020
Kateyy:
Good day. I was denied visa last week and the earliest date I can find on the website is April, my school resumes in January, what can I do?

Hi Kateyy, please how did u get a new date, I've been trying to get a new date since weekend but it's saying ther's no date available. I picked recently denied in less than 2 months while filling the form. How was a date able to show for u.

You can drop your number if you don't mind.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hello everyone,

f-1 Visa denied on 6th November. The interview lasted less than 2 minutes. I was exhausted after standing in the queue for about 3 hours.

I was scheduled to interview at 9 am but I arrived about 2 hours earlier. I was a little nervous when I approached the VO. The VO that attended to me denied a guy in front of me.

VO: Please pass me your documents
Me: Handed them over
VO: Where are you going?
Me: Lamar University Texas
VO: What are you going to study?
Me: Msc Management Information Systems
VO: Why Lamar ( he was looking at his screen, didn't think he checked my i-20)?
Me: On my mind, I was thinking what was asked was why the program, so I started talking about how I have been working on a project with LASG for spatial data analytics and at some point realized that I have exhausted my knowledge, hence the need to upskill. I failed to talk about the out of state tuition waiver and scholarship I was offered.
VO: Who's sponsoring you?
Me: My maternal uncle (another opportunity to talk about funding missed).
VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: No
VO: Are you married?
VO: No
Me: Do you have any children?
VO: I'm sorry you are not qualified for this Visa at this time, this slip will explain the reasons ( he handed me a yellow slip that talks about proving home ties).

I know I didn't do justice to the question Why Lamar and the VO wasn't the patient type, didn't ask for SOA, I doubt that he checked my i-20 ( las las na me mess up).

I will appreciate your inputs. I'm still waiting to reapply before January 19 resumption date.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2020
Lollla:

Hi Kateyy, please how did u get a new date, I've been trying to get a new date since weekend but it's saying ther's no date available. I picked recently denied in less than 2 months while filling the form. How was a date able to show for u.

You can drop your number if you don't mind.

Thank you.

Kate please share your delayed transcripts so we can learn from the mistakes as well.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 1:24pm On Nov 10, 2020
Shuayb0:
Hello everyone,

f-1 Visa denied on 6th November. The interview lasted less than 2 minutes. I was exhausted after standing in the queue for about 3 hours.

I was scheduled to interview at 9 am but I arrived about 2 hours earlier. I was a little nervous when I approached the VO. The VO that attended to me denied a guy in front of me.

Me: On my mind, I was thinking what was asked was why the program, so I started talking about how I have been working on a project with LASG for spatial data analytics and at some point realized that I have exhausted my knowledge, hence the need to upskill. I failed to talk about the out of state tuition waiver and scholarship I was offered.
VO: I'm sorry you are not qualified for this Visa at this time, this slip will explain the reasons ( he handed me a yellow slip that talks about proving home ties).

I know I didn't do justice to the question Why Lamar and the VO wasn't the patient type, didn't ask for SOA, I doubt that he checked my i-20 ( las las na me mess up).

I will appreciate your inputs. I'm still waiting to reapply before January 19 resumption date.

So sorry for your delayed visa. When next you are not sure of the question asked, please say pardon or asked the VO’s repeat the question, I would have if it was me. You were really nervous to forget to mention your funding which was the most important card you had. Nothing is wrong with your transcript, refine and go with confidence
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2020
Shuayb0:
Hello everyone,

Try and relax next time and imagine it just a chat between you and I..... that funding you self know you missed it by not highlighting it well so make sure you correct it next time. Best of luck

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Try and relax next time and imagine it just a chat between you and I..... that funding you self know you missed it by not highlighting it well so make sure you correct it next time. Best of luck
Thanks a lot ma'am. I've learnt my lessons.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by RemKen: 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2020
Dgreatestt:

Hi, this is why I put up the details there. Although many have mentioned it here already.

You need to first evaluate your OND and HND transcript with WES, then u have an equivalent BSC, which u can use apply to either masters or PhD. Don't forget GRE is also important.

It's easy. Don't let anybody discourage or extort you.

Cheers

Very correct, I got my Masters admission wth my WES without stress.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by HisEminence(m): 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2020
KushCollectible:

Very happy for you sir!

Please check your mailbox.

I have replied since

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2020
have you applied for emergency interview before now?
Lete:

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ftos:

Were you given the second attempt?
They just denied the second attempt, was told no reason , sometimes you might qualify and still not granted, that I should stay more in the scheduling page to reschedule for December dates that will be out soon .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
GeoOla25:

They just denied the second attempt, was told no reason , sometimes you might qualify and still not granted, that I should stay more in the scheduling page to reschedule for December dates that will be out soon .

Did you attach sevis receipt and I20? What was your unique reason? Have you submitted your Ds160 form?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ftos:

Did you attach sevis receipt and I20? What was your unique reason? Have you submitted your Ds160 form?
Yes for all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thedsl: 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2020
Guys! I posted about being denied an emergency request this morning. I just randomly said let me try and log into my CGI profile and lo and behold, December 18 was available. I’ve scheduled.

If you were denied, hurry and schedule too!

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2020
thedsl:
Guys! I posted about being denied an emergency request this morning. I just randomly said let me try and log into my CGI profile and lo and behold, December 18 was available. I’ve scheduled.

If you were denied, hurry and schedule too!

Please, is November date available?
If yes, please, let someone signify please!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.