Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1358341 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2020
The way I see it, your US SOA must have come from savings from your funding. Your funding is meant to support you and you alone ideally. Using that SOA has an undertone that both of you want to be living on stipends from your funding. It is just the way I see it. My suggestion: 1. I think you mentioned that the deficit is 5k. Is your wife employed? Why not build her own account. So when asked, she can say she has saving of $**** and then her mother-in-law is also going to support her. 2. If you can renew your Visa this year in maybe Mexico, do it. 3. Let her work on the reply to the first question. "I want to support my husband" seem ambiguous. It might mean "I want to be working to support him". Why not "I am going to bla bla bla to be with my husband "
However, these things are subjective sometimes; V.O dependent, so we can never know

I'm sure others might have their comments
Abone2:

according to what she reported to me, the conversation was like this(only 3 questions)
**after the initial greetings and biometrics***
V.O: why are u going to the US
She: I am going to support my husband who's currently having his PhD at (name of sch)
(v.o confused the i20 as F1 and she corrected him it's F2 - maybe cos of my own copy that she also took along)
V.O: Do you have any kid(s)
she: No
V.O: who is sponsoring you?
she: my mother-in-law
V.O: sorry you do not qualify...(214b reason)
***No further questions, no documents checked***

can u pls say why u think using my US SOA is not cool?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abone2: 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2020
Thanks, really appreciate your comment.
sonofakin:
The way I see it, your US SOA must have come from savings from your funding. Your funding is meant to support you and you alone ideally. Using that SOA has an undertone that both of you want to be living on stipends from your funding. It is just the way I see it. My suggestion: 1. I think you mentioned that the deficit is 5k. Is your wife employed? Why not build her own account. So when asked, she can say she has saving of $**** and then her mother-in-law is also going to support her. 2. If you can renew your Visa this year in maybe Mexico, do it. 3. Let her work on the reply to the first question. "I want to support my husband" seem ambiguous. It might mean "I want to be working to support him". Why not "I am going to bla bla bla to be with my husband "
However, these things are subjective sometimes; V.O dependent, so we can never know

I'm sure others might have their comments
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2020
Lete:

They did ooo brother but it’s all good. God is involved in this and I am very sure He will make a way soonest, sooner than we all expect!

Amen in Jesus' name.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2020
Bellaluve:
They don't work weekends, so I don't think they're included. To be on the safe side, wait till Thursday. Also, in addition to the i-120 and sevis receipt, also upload your admission letter and offer letter(like someone did somewhere above). And compose the mail well. Make sure you're within 60 days of resumption. To avoid denial

Yes, but some of them don't like "many documents". I think is just about who handle your "case" (as it were) among them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chaiks: 11:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
Hello
Please did anyone apply to uni Alabama?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Spring1000: 7:01am On Nov 16, 2020
People who have had their interviews. Was your DS160 I'm colored print? What other documents have to be in colored print?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oracle009(m): 7:18am On Nov 16, 2020
Spring1000:
People who have had their interviews. Was your DS160 I'm colored print? What other documents have to be in colored print?

None have to be in coloured. Just let it all be clear. BTW, print coloured if you can afford it

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 7:24am On Nov 16, 2020
IMO the DS-160 confirmation seem to be the only coloured you need. The official that does the 1st screening asks for a printed passport photo when she feels that the picture on the DS-160 is not clear enough
Spring1000:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olayibo1: 8:01am On Nov 16, 2020
Good morning everyone..pls someone that did educational management during his/her undergraduate days, can he/she go for course like strategic global business management for his/her post graduate diploma?
like..hope they won't give the person problem at the embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Greenman2020(m): 8:10am On Nov 16, 2020
Hello everyone, I will be having my interview on Friday November 20th. I will like to know how much those guys at the gate would likely charge to keep a Samsung phone until after the interview. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 8:22am On Nov 16, 2020
Greenman2020:
Hello everyone, I will be having my interview on Friday November 20th. I will like to know how much those guys at the gate would likely charge to keep a Samsung phone until after the interview. Thanks.
Max of #2000
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dkizzy01: 8:31am On Nov 16, 2020
Joclins:
Please anyone had experience with using Nigerian National ID card (The one that looks like photocopied but with NIN) with Duolingo English Test?
They just rejected mine saying it's not my original ID.
Please, how do you think I can go about it?

You don't have a passport? Or don't they accept that

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Joclins: 9:27am On Nov 16, 2020
dkizzy01:

You don't have a passport? Or don't they accept that

I don't have a passport yet. They accept passport.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Greenman2020(m): 9:31am On Nov 16, 2020
Mosminic:

Max of #2000

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 10:16am On Nov 16, 2020
My Friend applied for emergency appointment this morning as early as 8am and got an approval mail few minutes ago.

I'm surprised cuz mine took 9days before the Abuja Embassy got back to me.

I'm so happy for him.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by quasarJose: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2020
Please has anyone done WES evaluation of recent? How did you make your payment? My cards are getting declined...

I used a firstbank MasterCard and a gtcrea8 MasterCard.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2020
quasarJose:
Please has anyone done WES evaluation of recent? How did you make your payment? My cards are getting declined...

I used a firstbank MasterCard and a gtcrea8 MasterCard.

Maximum amount for international transactionS on cards is $100
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 16, 2020
Lildairo:
My Friend applied for emergency appointment this morning as early as 8am and got an approval mail few minutes ago.

I'm so happy for him.
Was your friend’s application to Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by quasarJose: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2020
Milkshakes01:

Maximum amount for international transactionS on cards is $100
shocked shocked shocked

So how do you suggest I pay?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by arcTY(m): 11:02am On Nov 16, 2020
Lildairo:

I'm so happy for him.

which date was given to him?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by foxtrott: 11:22am On Nov 16, 2020
Hello House,

I just got denied in Abuja. I would post my transcript soon. How soon can I apply for another student visa and please what is the possibility of getting a date and my visa approved before Jan 15th ?

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 11:32am On Nov 16, 2020
Lildairo:

I'm so happy for him.
Please Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 11:34am On Nov 16, 2020
Im really sorry about this. Please don’t give up.. please did you take the GRE and also what was your CGPA
[/quote][quote author=Youngstown post=96025056]Here's my transcript. Was interviewed on 13th Nov. 6am. When I got in, it was only one vo that was doing the interview. Then another joined him, this one speaks very fast. This guy denied the guy in fornt of me, denied me and the guy behind.

V.o where are you going to.
Me- I'm going to wright state university Dayton Ohio for my msc in mechanical engineering
V.o- To specialize in
Me- (quite apprehensive here cus I was not expecting this qst) renewable and sustainable energy.
Who is your sponsor- my parents, dad is a physician, mum is a lawer.
(Then he asked for my statements, glanced through it and gave it back. It had twice the sum)
V.o- have you travelled out of the country b4
Me- no, I have had no reason to.
That was all. Gave me the green slips that states I'm ineligible under section 214 (b)....unable to demonstrate strong ties. How would I have demonstrated strong ties with those four qst? No why master or what will this degree do for you. Sad stuff. I however noticed ppl with full funding got their Visa regardless their performance. I felt I would have explained when he asked "to specialize"?
And stated I had 5k scholarship for 2 yrs before I say my parents would sponsor. I was purely unlucky. Immediately the vo started interviewing guys, I knew he would disturb cus of the way he was speaking. I'm confused as to what to do next. If I am to reapply and move to Abj. No close dates sef for ppl rejected. Gurus in the house, Fairheart, lagosismyHome, Solihp muleriders what do you think?
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 11:44am On Nov 16, 2020
foxtrott:
Hello House,

I just got denied in Abuja. I would post my transcript soon. How soon can I apply for another student visa and please what is the possibility of getting a date and my visa approved before Jan 15th ?

I do not think anyone can give you any certain information. You can only hope and pray a close appointment date comes up.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2020
Hello guys, looks like only guys in the science aspect gets funded programs. Is there any one currently studying public administration? Or who just got a funded public administration admission..please help ������
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2020
iPLEXUS:

Was your friend’s application to Lagos or Abuja?

Abuja.
He applied to Abuja this morning and got approved this same morning.

The earliest dates he saw were 2nd, 4th, 7th, & 16th.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Spring1000: 12:54pm On Nov 16, 2020
sonofakin:
IMO the DS-160 confirmation seem to be the only coloured you need. The official that does the 1st screening asks for a printed passport photo when she feels that the picture on the DS-160 is not clear enough
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Simonokeh7(m): 12:54pm On Nov 16, 2020
Hello everyone, i've been following this thread for almost three years albeit an undergrad, and i am aware of the large concentration of students here hence the reason i chose to ask these questions here. My dob on my original waec does not tally with my jamb and post utme, whilst this wasn't an issue upon getting my admission caused i used my waec stat. of result which does'nt contain my dob during my year one physical clearance and was duly cleared. When my original waec result came out i noticed the mistake in my birth month and year and hastily swore an affidavit and attached to the original waec, my major headache is during my final clearance will the affidavit suffice, do you think i may be forced to relinquish my admission ?. Most importantly, my dob on my original waec is actually my accurate age whilst the dob on my sch files is intentionally inaccurate i was pretty young and according to jamb policy student below 17 would be refused admisSion i just never thought it would backfire.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Janet200: 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2020
psychologyshuby:
Hello guys, looks like only guys in the science aspect gets funded programs. Is there any one currently studying public administration? Or who just got a funded public administration admission..please help ������

Yes my sister got funding in public administration this year fall but had to defer to next year fall due to covid. She got an RA position with a professor. Her undergrad was in Business Admin. Anything is possible

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Simonokeh7(m): 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2020
Continued... Moreover, whilst looking at my dad waec result from the 80's there was'nt any provision for dob same as there is'nt any provision for dob in universities degree i thought same patterm would ensue. Now assuming i graduate from the univ. without any hassle i plan on removing the affixed affidavit on my original waec and retaining my accurate age. But looking forward i have no idea what my sch transcript may look like, whether it may or mayn't contain my dob which is intentionally inaccurate. Taking in full cognizance that i would have to forward my transcript to my preferred school in the usa for evaluation. Hence the question do universities transcript particularly uniport make provision for a student details like dob ?. These above circumstances makes me skeptical and withdrawn in applying for my international passport just yet, still waiting for the path to be less vague whether to stick to my accurate age on my waec or my inaccurate age on my sch files. so as to avert me making another mistake
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sharon2438: 1:10pm On Nov 16, 2020
Pls has anyone who has been recently denied been able to successfully apply for emergency interview?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by water4: 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2020
Please, kindly state the name of the University.

Janet200:

Yes my sister got funding in public administration this year fall but had to defer to next year fall due to covid. She got an RA position with a professor. Her undergrad was in Business Admin. Anything is possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.